I am 31 year old FF addict.
Things I like or things I like to read about:
- Romance / Humor stories.
- HEA (HEA = Bella and Edward are together and live happily. They don't have to be engaged or married or have kids).
- Canon pairings.
- Hate / love relationship.
- Fake relationship, arranged marriage etc.
- Edward is Bella's boss or Bella is Edward's boss.
- Bella is older than Edward.
- Edward or Bella is famous.
- Edward is a geek.
- Successful, confident, rich, sexy Bella.
Things I don't like or things I usually don't like to read about:
- Angst. I haven't read or finished reading a few very popular fics because of it.
- Drabble fics (but sometimes I read them when they are complete).
- No HEA, death of main character, disease, traumatic past, drugs, alcoholism, violence, domestic abuse, sexual abuse.
- Slash, threesomes, anal sex.
- Edward cheats on Bella or Bella cheats on Edward.
- Pregnancies and babies in almost every fic I read; stereotype that having a baby is every woman's dream or that every woman wants to be a mother when she meets the right man / when she turns 30; readers' demands for pregnancy and a baby; last chapter, epilogue, outtake or futuretake = Bella "accidentally" gets pregnant, Bella discovers she is pregnant, Bella tells Edward she is pregnant, Bella is in labor etc. I don't think it's necessary to finish a story like that and I'm tired of reading about it all the time:) I also believe couples can be happy without kids and I'd love to read about it.
- Double standards. It pisses me off that for many authors and readers it is OK if Edward had many girlfriends / sexual partners / one-night stands and it is not OK if Bella had many boyfriends / sexual partners / one-night stands. I don't get why Edward is always more experienced sexually than Bella and Bella is always a virgin or had sex just once or had maximum three boyfriends / sexual partners before Edward or never had a one-night stand. I understand when it is important to the plot (for example: Ladder to the Sun, The Search, Taste of Innocence) but I hate when Bella is inexperienced only because "she is a woman and she can't have sex without love or without being in relationship" and Edward is more experienced only because "he is a man and he has needs". In short, I like when they are both virgins or they both have similar dating / sexual history or for a change Bella is more experienced sexually than Edward:)
- Edward is much older than Bella (but I read a few this kind of stories, because I like the plot).
- Bella always changes her name after marriage;)
Sorry for all grammar mistakes. English is not my first language.