Author has written 4 stories for Percy Jackson and the Olympians.
little rant about me:
i'm thirteen, i live in canada, around toronto... anyone heard of a small city called vaughan? i've been writing my own stories for about three years now, but i've only started writing fanfics like a month ago. so please comment and stuff because i'm looking to improve on the quality of my writing.
There's NINE days left of NaNoWriMo, I've written 35009 words and I'm 70% complete.
Story I am betaing: The Forgeries, by pj-prophecy7. Go check it out, if you're patient, you'll enjoy it, I promise you.
RULES TO WRITING A FANFICTION
1. Never EVER use chat speak. It's annoying to read, it's annoying to decipher, and it tells people you don't care about writing enough to even bother writing decently. So remember: correct spelling and correct grammar.
2. Post a decent summary. Don't write: 'first fanfic' or 'No flames!! (which is pretty much an invitation for flames) or 'I suck at summaries'; never write your summary in all CAPS LIKE THIS. ONCE AGAIN: IT'S ANNOYING.
3. Please PLEASE write characters IC. Unless you're writing a parody, you need to portray the charcter you are writing about the best you can. Which means in the Percy Jackson Fandom: Annabeth does not giggle her head off like an idiot; Nico is not self-absorbed and egotistical; Percy certainly does not think he's the best thing that happened since the invention of toast.
4. Chapter lengths? No, 100 words does not count as a chapter. It's way too short. Chapter lengths should be above 1000 at least in my opinion. Otherwise readers get extremely frustrated every time you update.
5. Do not overexaggerate!!!!!! Like this!!!! OR LIKE THIS!!! or like this... Or like this?!?!..!?!...! (Dude don't kill the character's face as he/she madly tries to do that expression)
6. Do NOT threaten to terminate the story if you don't get enough reviews. Ask nicely. Don't say 'I'll continue this story if I get blahblahblah reviews'. Now that's just plain mean.
7. Important: Don't make a Mary Sue. Don't make a character so perfect it makes you want to literally gag and detest them. And do NOT make a Mary Sue and then stick her with Nico di Angelo.
8. This isn't related, but I might as well put it here. When you found a story you think is terrible and burns eyes off your face, do not flame. Write how you think it can be improved. And start off with the good point of the story. This applies to all stories, in fact. Even though there is a story with all good reviews, but you find someone completely OOC and it's not a parody, don't be afraid to address that problem. People post stuff on this website for critique. Not false praise.
For people that hate stereotypes: If you think people should just shut up and stop, put this on your profile.
(BOLD the ones you are.)
I'm SKINNY, so I MUST be anorexic.
I am LIBERAL, so I MUST be gay.
I'm an ALBINO, so I MUST be an evil person with mental abilities and is A MURDERER!
I’m WHITE, so I MUST be responsible for everything going wrong on the planet: past, present, and future.
I have DEPRESSION PROBLEMS, so I MUST JUST TALK ABOUT HOW LIFE IS AWFUL
I'm a FOREIGNER, so I MUST BE STUPID
I'm CONSERVATIVE, so I MUST be against Abortion
I SPOT GRAMMATICAL ERRORS, so I MUST be a pedantic bastard.
I don’t want a BOYFRIEND so I MUST be Lesbian.
Stop Sterotype's Copy this onto your Profile!!
List twelve of your favorite characters from your fandom, in no particular order. (I am just using PJO characters)
1. Clarisse La Rue
2. Bianca Di Angelo
3. Nico Di Angelo
5. Percy Jackson
6. Rachel Elizabeth Dare
7. Annabeth Chase
8. Travis Stoll
10. Thalia Grace
11. Luke Castellan
12. Connor Stoll
1. Have you ever read a Six/Eleven fic? Do you want to?
um... don't think it'll work, but sure.
2. Do you think Four is hot? How hot?
o.O if i were a hunter... not at all.
3. What would happen if Twelve got Eight pregnant?
4. Can you recall any fics about Nine?
yeah. read one this morning.
5. Would Two and Six make a good couple?
m... no. no. no. dead girl with oracle? no.
6. Five/Nine or Five/Ten? Why?
percy with artemis or percy with thalia? um, it'll be a lot more interesting if artemis broke her oath.
7. Is there any such thing as One/Eight fluff?
don't think so.. clarisse must be with chris and thats that.
8. When was the last time you read a fic about Five?
today.. almost every fanfic has him in it.
9."(1) and (7) are in a happy relationship until (9) runs off with (7). (1), brokenhearted, has a hot one-night stand with (11) and a brief unhappy affair with (6), then follows the wise advice of (5) and finds true love with (5).
Clarisse and Annabeth are in a happy relationship until Artemis runs off with Annabeth. Clarisse, brokenhearted, has a hot one-night stand with Luke and a brief unhappy affair with Rachel, then follows wise advice of Percy and find true love with Percy.
wow, they're all insane.
10. How would you feel if Seven/Eight were in a heated argument?
it would turn into some battleground where annabeth plots for revenge and travis gets connor to help play an embarresing revenge for annabeth. then it's war.
11. What would you think if you found (5) was a really good friend of a sibling or relative of yours?
sure. that would be cool.
12. How would you react if you saw (8) and (11) in a closet together with a rubber ducky?
travis and luke? 'are you quite sane?'
13. How would you feel if (2) dissed you in the worst possible way ever?
remind her she ditched her brother.
14. If you saw (9) and (3) in bed together, what would you do?
artemis and nico?? o.O run out there screaming artemis is a hypocrite.
15. What would you say if you found out that (12) was a rapist?
dammit, i thought you were one of my favourite characters.
16. You just came home from school and all of your friends hate you, your teacher just gave you an F on the most important project of the year (just imagine it happened for the smart alecks out there), and your parents have grounded you as your teacher had already called and told them of your grade. You open the door to your bedroom and you find (10) rummaging through your stuff. What do you do?
thalia? 'i don't have a boyfriend now stop looking thru my stuff.'
17. What would you think if (1) was emo and had tried to slit his/her wrists? If (1) is already emo/slit his/her wrists already, what would you think if (1) became the most optimistic person in the world?
clarisse? optimistic? what happened to the sadist?
18. What would you feel this second if (4) gave you a daisy right now?
become a hunter. just so i can insult him without being fried.
19. (6) has just stolen your hairbrush. What is the first thing you would say?
damn, luke's back??
20. (7), (9), and (4) have banded together at 3 in the morning and starts to sing the most annoying song you know as loud as they can, waking you up. What is the first thing you think?
annabeth, artemis, and apollo have banded together at 3 in the morning and starts to sing fire burning (it would've been an okay song if it werent for my cousin)... thoughts: GRAB THE FIRE EXTINGUISHER. NO. GRAB PERCY!
21. (2) and (11) are your teachers. What would you do?
attend luke's lessons on how to become evil..
A bunch of quick reviews on random shows books movies et cetera and all that media crap (some not really crap)
The Vampire Diaries: I'm talking about the tv show, not the book series. The book series is like nothing compared to the tv show. Sure vampire diaries season 1 first few episodes were like... awkward and crappy but it gets WAY better and it's like one of my favourite tv shows now!
Twilight Saga: Can go die. I don't give a crap on whatever Stephenie Meyer writes. No wait, I do give a crap, because she's freaking corrupting the young minds across North America! DEAR STEPHENIE: DO YOU REALIZE THERE ARE PEOPLE READING YOUR BOOKS AS YOUNG AS SECOND GRADERS? NOW TAKE ALL OF THAT ROMANCE SHIT YOU TRY TO WRITE OUT.
Beautiful Creatures: Haven't heard of this book yet? Read. Now. Good bye.
The Lost Hero: Rick Riordan has done it again... @.@ One little criticism: ARE YOU SERIOUS THE SECOND BOOK'S COMING OUT IN A YEAR?
Impulse: By Ellen Hopkins, in verse. Wow. But seriously, you shouldn't have killed Connor off.
The Hobbit: zzzzzzz...
Anything that's by JR Tolkien and a classic: zzzzz... (no disrespect meant, but its just not my taste)
Inception: Epic. Like the Matrix but without the confusing crap if you're smart enough and patient enough to figure out everything.
Toy Story 3: Who knew this movie could be so awesome?
Friends: Omni TV stopped airing it??? And replaced it with a crappy karoeke show where half the contestants are COMPLETELY tone deaf?? How could you?????
Latin Tests and My latin teacher bringing a lumberjack saw to class: tests? horrible. lumberjack saw? as long as he's not pointing at me...
The Knife of Never Letting Go: very... well... written...
The Hunger Games: BEST. EVER. it's got everything in it! But Suzanne Collins, why is Mockingjay so fast paced? I actually have a problem with the third book... sorry, but it didn't live up to my standards
Barbie Twlight themed dolls: Just in time for Halloween... and the Apocalypse will be here any time now...