Poll: Who should Harry be with (keep in mind he will be DOM) Vote Now!
Author has written 2 stories for Harry Potter, Inuyasha, and Bleach.
My name is Shannon. I am an avid fiction book and fanfiction reader. I spend most of my day reading fanfiction and I have no life...
I am 5'5" (maybe 5'4 1/2"), I have dirty blond hair (it is dark enough to be considered a shade of brown though...) I love the color black and wear it all the time (it is slimming [though I am not fat but I am not thin either] and pretty much the only color of clothing that I own...) though I am not goth or emo, its just the color I think I look best in.
I have pale-ish skin (I stay inside all the time and wear a jacket when ever I am outside, usually with the hood up) though mostly because 1) I hate when I look tan 2) there is always the possibility to get sunburned (which takes me half a year to get rid of not to mention I hate the peeling phase) and 3) I just don't like the sun it is hot and very bright both are thing I am not a fan of).
I live in Florida and I HATE the beach with a passion (there are mass amounts of certain things I hate those being: 1) the sun 2) sand 3)dirty water (I don't care how clean it looks, people still pee in it!) 4) lots of preps, plastics, and sun babies 5) lots and lots of people (I hate crowds) and 6) there never fails to be half a beach worth of people not wearing enough clothes (I am talking about people who go nude, people in string bikinis and people who buy bathing suits that are too small or don't cover their privates sufficiently)
oh and something I REALLY hate when I am reading (this applies to Harry Potter too): 1) Fem!Naruto HE IS A MAN DAMN IT!!!! 2) girly, feminine, and short Naruto, again HE IS A MAN!!! 3) people putting naruto in dresses, calling him chan (which is a girl suffix), crossdressing!Naruto, and people who call Naruto a 'wife', and submissive Naruto (NARUTO IS FAR FROM SUBMISSIVE IN ANY WAY!!!). and last but FAR from least and not even the end of my list: 4) uke!Naruto... I have a few reasons for this. 1) the way that he was treated would make him not want anyone to have that kind of control over him, 2) he is always trying to prove that he is better and I think that he would be proving that in the bedroom as well, and 3) I just always see him as a SEME!!!! it is just in his personality to me just look beyond the smiling facade.
why the hell can't I ever find any (or very few) crossover stories with slash of harry potter with a fandom like X-Men or Avengers (most of the time) where harry gets to be the Dominate!!! Most people (and this REALLY REALLY pisses me off) fucking write him as pretty, or delicate, or girly, or super short, or AS a girl (he is a fucking man for Christ's sake!!!)!!!!! why can't anyone write a fucking fic with harry as a nice strong dominate in a fucking crossover!!!!!! in the Avengers crossovers it happens though only VERY rarely but I have yet to see it happen fucking ONCE in fucking X-Men!!!!! this is really making me mad, so I am going to start looking though the different fandoms and I almost BET it will be the same damn thing!!!!!!!!
obviously if anyone knows of any let me know please.
Recently I have read several reviews on different Naruto stories that drive me nuts. They all complain about how Naruto is immature and does know a lot of juitsu and how he didn't at any point deserve to be a chunin because it requires being a leader and mature and all that stuff. Well answer this: how is he supposed to know more juitsu or learn anything if no one is willing to teach him? Kakashi only really taught the team 1 thing and that was tree walking! Sasuke had his family library, sakura wasn't hated by the whole village and would have had a much easier time convincing some one to teacher her than Naruto would convincing someone to have a decent conversation with him! so is he lacking in somethings, yes BUT given what he had he made a hell of a lot more out of it then anyone else would have if only someone would sit down and teach him or even give him a chance to start. After all being a chunin would be all about learning anyways! Shika was in no way ready to be a leader the ONLY thing he had was intelligence and 1 clan juitsu.
Ok, I read a thing on abortion on aislin94's profile and I was moved. but I have taken it off of my profile. the reason why is because while I think it is wrong I also don't think it is something to have on a profile at a time like this. I think it is wrong if you are getting one just because you didn't plan on a baby. But sometimes it is necessary. there are some women who cannot handle the physical demands of birth and die because of it. there are certain genetic disorders that will make a child's entire life a living hell (and they can be tested as a fetus for some of them) so sometimes it is merciful to abort the child rather than make them live with pain or sickness for their whole life. There is also the matter of rape. would you force a woman to have to relive her rape for the entire 9 months she would have to carry a child made from an act of violence? would YOU want to be reminded everyday of something like that? then at the end of the time it would be another child sent to an orphanage, are there not enough parent-less children as is? child birth is not easy on a body as rape is not easy on one's psyche, so not only would you be leaving permanent reminders on the body or the rape and child, but may also irreversibly damage the mind as well.
I saw this on VWRock21's profile and I thought it was interesting so I took the little 'test' myself :D
YOUR GUY SIDE:
You love hoodies.
YOUR GIRL SIDE:
You wear lip gloss/chapstick.
apparently my body is the wrong gender :D
FRIENDS/BEST FRIENDS (Gentle replace the gender of just a few these)
FRIENDS: Will comfort you when he/she rejects you.
BEST FRIENDS: Will go up and ask him/her, "It's because you're gay, isn't it?"
FRIENDS: Will be there for you when he/she breaks up with you.
BEST FRIENDS: Will call him up and whisper, "Seven days..."
FRIENDS: Helps you up when you fall.
BEST FRIENDS: Keeps on walking saying, "Walk much, dumb ass?"
FRIENDS: Helps you find your prince/princess.
BEST FRIENDS: Kidnaps him/her and brings him to you.
FRIENDS: Will ask you if you're okay when you're crying.
BEST FRIENDS: Already have the shovel to berry the body of the person who made you cry
FRIENDS: Will offer you a soda.
BEST FRIENDS: Will dump theirs on you.
FRIENDS: Will help you learn to drive
BEST FRIENDS: Will help you roll the car into the lake so you can collect insurance
FRIENDS: Will sit at the side of the pool with you at that time of the month.
BEST FRIENDS: Will throw you a tampon and push you in.
FRIENDS: Gives you their umbrella in the rain.
BEST FRIENDS: Takes yours and says, "Run - beep - run!"
FRIENDS: Will help you move.
BEST FRIENDS: Will help you move the bodies.
FRIENDS: Will bail you out of jail.
BEST FRIENDS: Would be in the room next to you saying, "That was awesome! Let's do it again!"
FRIENDS: Never ask for anything to eat or drink.
BEST FRIENDS: Helps themselves and are the reason why you have no food.
FRIENDS: Will help you find your way when you're lost
BEST FRIENDS: Will be the one messing with your compass, stealing your map and giving you bad directions
FRIENDS: Call your parents by Mr. and Mrs. and Grandpa, by Grandma.
BEST FRIENDS: Call your parents DAD and MOM and Grandpa, GRAMPS!
FRIENDS: Would bail you out of jail.
BEST FRIENDS: Would be sitting next to you sayin "DAMN!" we messed up!
FRIENDS: Have never seen you cry.
BEST FRIENDS: Wont tell everyone else you cried...just laugh about it with you in private when your not down anymore.
FRIENDS: Asks you to write down your number.
BEST FRIENDS: Has you on speed dial.
FRIENDS: Borrows your stuff for a few days then gives it back.
BEST FRIENDS: Loses your stuff and tells you, "My bad...here's a tissue."
FRIENDS: Only know a few things about you.
BEST FRIENDS: Could write a very embarrassing biography on your life story...
FRIENDS: Will leave you behind if that is what the crowd is doing.
BEST FRIENDS: Will kick the whole crowds ass that left you
FRIENDS: Would knock on your front door.
BEST FRIENDS: Walk right in and say "I'M HOME."
FRIENDS: You have to tell them not to tell anyone.
BEST FRIENDS: Already know not to tell.
FRIENDS: Hide you from the cops.
BEST FRIENDS: Are probably the reason they are after you in the first place.
FRIENDS: lets you make an idiot of yourself in public
BEST FRIENDS: Is up there with you making an idiot out of herself/himself too.
FRIENDS: shout "BYE!" down the hall at school, not caring who thinks ur crazy.
BEST FRIENDS: Shout "I LOVE YOU" down the hall at school not caring who thinks ur gay
Your good friend: Will watch your pets when you go away.
BEST FRIENDS: Are not allowed to watch your pets anymore because of what happened last time.
FRIENDS: Will go to a concert with you
BEST FRIENDS: Will kidnap the band with you
FRIENDS: Are only through high school/college. (aka: drinking buddies)
BEST FRIENDS: Are for life.
FRIENDS: Will be there to take your drink away from you when they think you've had enough.
BEST FRIENDS: Will look at you stumbling all over the place & say "Girl/boy drink the rest of that ! You know we don't waste!
FRIENDS: Would read ignore this.
BEST FRIENDS: Will repost this shit!
I am the girl kicked out of her home because I confided in my mother that I am a lesbian.
Re-post this if you believe homophobia is wrong even if you yourself are not homosexual. Please do your part to end it.
Love is Love is Love, if you swing that way great, if not great, but don't tell someone else it is wrong just because they are not just like you or who you want them to be.
A white man enters a bar and sees a black man sitting on a stool.
Ninety-five percent of the kids out there are concerned with being popular and fitting in. If you're part of the five percent that aren't, copy this, put it in you profile, and add your name to the list. AnimeKittyCafe, Hyperactivley Bored, Gem W, Bara-Minamino, Tsuyu Mikazuki, Weasel Chick, Revenant666, dragonsroar, foxdude33, FallenLex, Soelle, Akihiro Asamoto, Corvin, 9tail_Naruto, FlameKaiser, NoNameNeeded, Kyuuki-sama, Seraph of Shadows, Uncle Joe , Itachi's Demon, Sadistic Emo.girl, grimmich
92 percent of the teen population would be DEAD if Abercrombie & Finch said that it wasn't cool to breathe anymore. Repost this if you'd be one of the 8 percent laughing your ass off. ;P
I am the girl that people look through when I say something. I am the girl that spends most of her free time reading, writing, or doing other activities that most teenagers wouldn't call normal. I am the girl that people call weird, and a freak either behind my back or to my face. I am the girl that doesn't spend all her time on MySpace (or facebook), or talking to a girlfriend on a cellphone or regular phone. I am the girl that hasn't been asked out in a year. I am the girl that has stopped to smell the flowers and jump and splash in the rain.
But I am also the girl who knows and is proud to be who she is, doesn't care if people call her weird (it's a compliment), who loves reading and writing and doing the things that no one seems to have the time to do any more, who loves and is obsessed with Supernatural, who can express herself better with words than with talks, and knows the importance of the little things.
Copy and Paste this onto your account, and add your name to the list, if you are anything like me, so the girls who are different and unique can know in their weakest times that they are unique, but not alone.
PrettyFanGirl, Truth Be Told 13, creative-writing-girl13, Jasper 1006, Shadows.Dance, mad-dog-13,twilighternproud, RoseredBlood, LellyLunya, way-2-obsessed-with-vamps, the unheard dreamer, Konoha's White Fang, grimmich
THINGS YOU SHOULDN'T DO IN FANFICTION (feel free to copy/paste this list...more people should read it)
1. Accidentally write a Mary Sue. Go now, and Google Mary Sue. Write one if you must. But please, realize that you're doing it; and give us a warning in the fic summary.
2. Infantilize a teenager or adult character. Dear Hurt/Comfort author, if your sixteen-year-old protagonist is constantly whimpering, clutching a plush toy, looking at people with "vulnerable liquid eyes," sucking his thumb, or otherwise acting like a small child, you are probably tap dancing on your reader's gag reflex. This syndrome plagues Harry Potter fan fic, especially Severitus/Sevitus. It is not cute. It is supremely creepy.
3. Have an explicit sex scene in every chapter. I know. It's a shocker, right? But a lot of us actually read fan fiction for the plot. I will wade through a whole lot of explicit scenes to get to the nuggets of plot (and almost every fic worth its salt has some plot even if the author didn't realize it), but I don't enjoy it. Please at least let me know in the summary if I'm going to have to skim massively to find the story amidst all of the insert Tab A into Slot B.
3.5 Have an explicit sex scene at ff.net. That M rating? It's M, not NC-17. They are not equivalent. I feel pretty strongly about this, though I used to barely notice it and I've never bothered to report anyone. If you're going to write smut, write it somewhere else. There are a lot twelve and thirteen year olds digging through this site. I think we've got a responsibility to keep it clean, or at least clearly labeled.
4. Write without a Beta if you suck at English grammar. Don't feel embarassed. A whole lot of people fail at grammar. Betas are cute and plentiful and so gosh darn helpful that it will make you feel all tingly inside when you get one. If you are really bad, get two Betas. It's good for you. It's good for your story. It's good for your readers. And I can promise that you'll get more reviews if your grammar and spelling are up to snuff.
5. Write a "Group of Characters read the Book in Which They are Featured" Fic. DO NOT DO IT. I'm sure I'm hurting some feelings with this, but there is a very good reason not to. I have never, ever, read one of these that wasn't a horendous work of plagiarism. Yes, it's fun and funny to see how Draco Malfoy responds to the first chapter of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. Super. BUT. You can't write this fic without copying massive amounts of the author's original work. I've seen entire chapters of novels retyped. The fact that the "writer" (aka typist) used quotation marks didn't change the fact that I could have read the original author's story without paying for it. This is plagiarism, not fanfiction. It is illegal, unethical, and stupid.
6. Use your story as a political or religious platform. Put it on your profile page, not in your character's mouth. Harry Potter really doesn't care if you like Sarah Palin or not. (Quite frankly, none of the rest of us do either.)
7. Write abuse scenes solely to garner sympathy for a lame character. Abuse is a serious issue. Don't make a mockery of it. If you're going to deal with it, don't just insert it into your story to "juice things up" or to make everyone feel super sorry for your protagonist so that they will understand when he/she starts carrying around a teddy bear at age sixteen and sucking his/her thumb. (See number 2.)
8. Summarize canon. Seriously? It's fan fiction. We're fans. We don't need you to give us every detail about how Harry Potter grew up with the Dursleys or how Percy Jackson is really a demigod. We got that memo. Write something new.
8.5 Write an AU in which nothing new happens. Summary says: Harry is really the reincarnation of Merlin, sent to Earth to save it from alien invasion, and Voldemort is really the female leader of the invading force. Rock on. And then, for 100,000 plus words, the characters do the exact same things they did in canon. Voldemort may be a pink tentacle monster, but it hasn't changed anything. Not even the dialogue. This baffles me.
9. Write entirely in dialogue. I'm seeing more and more of this. I know it's easier, and it makes your chapters look longer on paper, but really? Dialogue is great when it's resting on top of good exposition. Otherwise you're trying to build a pyramid from the top down.
10. Be Evil. This is for everyone and anyone out there who reads or writes fan fic. It's supposed to be fun. It's supposed to be friendly. If you're one of those withered souls who looks for opportunities to rain on everyone else's parade, get lost. We don't need you. Criticism should be constructive, plagiarism should be utterly foreign, and you should never poke someone just to see if they bleed
(the above list was copied out of Raining Ink's profile)
You are a Don't Fuck With Me Seme!
Serious and to the point, and sometimes bordering on the sadistic, it takes a special breed of uke to satisfy your needs. You tend to be anti-social with little patience for most people. You need someone to challenge you and push you to your limits, and then be able to take your intense reactions, which possibly involves rope and sensual torture. This is what makes the Badass Uke the yin for your yang, as you're the only one able to put them in line and satisfy each other.
Most compatible with: Badass Uke
If you've been on the computer for hours on end, reading numerous fanfictions, copy this onto your profile, and add your name to this list: SasuNarulover17, danyan, Zutara Lover, Black'n'red'Butterfly, Enrica(real name)(i always change my penname)(tehehehe), PurpleBunniesWillRuleTheWorld, Roxxi-and-Ali, IsabellaMarieSwan123, EmmettCullenFan, Bella Masen Cullen, Me Love Edward Cullyou, SilverMoonArcher, forbiddenkitsunegoddess13, Howl To The Moon, Nayeli, mochiusagi, darkablino, FanofBellaandEdward are obsessed with fan fiction, Cheza Takehashii, Demented Demonic Inu Banshee, grimmich
If you've been on the computer for hours on end, reading numerous fanfictions, copy this onto your profile, and add your name to this list: Danyan, Avatarwolf, Shifter-youkai ChOpstIcKsXOXO, RadicalEd57, Fierygirl0, tsukiko3000,Neonzangetsu, Drakai, grimmich
85 percent of writers that do Naruto fanfiction either hate fangirls, or hates Sasuke. If you are part of the 15 percent that hates both, copy and paste this to your profile and add your name to the list: KyuubiWindscar, DragonSaphira, SpartanK11, Drakai, grimmich
Unsafe External Link