Author has written 1 story for StarTrek: The Next Generation.
I’ve been reading FF for several years now and have been amazed at the quality of some of the writers here. I’m humbled. Some of you are, without doubt, fantastic writers that deserve to be discovered and actually get paid for their writing prowess.
I’ve come to the conclusion that my attention span, coupled with my writing ability, is measured, resolutely, in the negative digits. I have ideas, but none of them ever have reached any form of acceptable written form. (At least none past the introductory stages, and none recently) I haven’t been cowed by you, but I recognize my own limitations.
With that, I’d like to present intros or plot bunnies for anybody to run with, I just have a few requests.
- Please respond to this message with the story URL here on FF or wherever you post it. I’d like to see where these ideas lead.
- Please no Twitter or SMS spelling. You aren’t limited to 140 character posts so please spell the words.
- Keep the stories to Teen or below. This means no blatant description of sexual activity. (Erotica does not require a play-by-play.)
Genres: (Combine these any way you want)
Dragonball Z (I didn’t like the Buu saga, and haven’t read many stories that cover it)
- Cell saga onwards: Gohan lost an arm in the climactic battle with Cell. How will he overcome this issue, and how will it affect the ‘Gold Figher’/’Great Saiyaman’ persona? (G/V)
- Videl is hurt when thwarting a crime at a chemical plant, causing blindness. How will she overcome this obstacle? (G/V)
- Gyūmaō, aka the Ox King, is of a race of demon giants known as Oxatans (Ossatians, or pronounced any way you like). Chichi is his full-blood, or half-blood, daughter. Is this the source of Gohan’s ‘hidden’ power?
- Chichi is the Ox Princess. Is the Son family really poor?The ancestors of King Vegita and his followers split from their home world, Saiya, which is not widely known. Videl’s mother was a Saiyan, not from Vegita, but from Homeworld (Saiya). Videls abduction related to a Saiyan (Homeworld) prophesy, and the reactions of the last four Saiyans (Vegetans) known to exist. (G/B+Veg)Women are nothing except maybe property or a means to gain political/familial favor. Videl (and company) will not like this at all. (Even Vegita Saiyans respect a warrior woman)NCIS:It’s known that Kate has 3 brothers and a sister. It’s not known that one of her brothers was one Anthony DiNozzo Jr. How does this affect Kill Ari and anything after that? Crossover: (Dragonball Z, Stargate)Videl is abducted into the SG dimension by the Ori to get Gohan to follow into a trap. Of course Gohan follows. (G/V, S/J UST? + Interdimensional politics/threats from the Kais)Crossover: (Star Trek: Other/AU, Multi)Miranda styled ship based upon Sovereign designs with three sections (Saucer section / Engineering hull section / MACO Assault pod) goes exploring after the Federation/Klingon war. They stumble upon a race similar to the Babylon 5 race of Vorlons that use an experimental weapon upon them.Derived from the event of Yesterday’s Enterprise where the C did not return back in time.Only the Engineering hull is Warp capable.Each segment could go to a separate crossover dimension. Possible comic relief: character named Mayrhi Tzu and a researcher of 20th century pop culture, concluding that Ensign Tzu’s actions parallel an odious character style of fiction writing and mean that they are in a story, so attempts to break the fourth wall. The crew’s responses to both.Crossover: (Harry Potter, James Bond)Luna Lovegood is named exactly like a Bond-Chick. This could be pre-Secret Service for Bond (maybe his impossible dumb luck is something else) or post-Hogwarts for Luna.
First Genre’s that I look at when I come to FF: (After story/author alerts)
Anime: Dragonball Z
TV Series: Firefly, NCIS, Stargate: SG-1, Battlestar Galactica: 2003
Books: Harry Potter
(And crossovers of those listed above)