Reading is my only sanctuary these days it would seem. And I do so enjoy it that sometimes I get so caught up reading, that I lose total track of time. Hence the 2 am and later bedtimes that started out at 10 pm. but alas, I found something to read. LOL.
I am a Christian who believes in equality in all forms and do not discriminate in any way. I should also say that I do NOT tolerate, I accept, love is love, it knows no true gender lines. It does not say a man for a woman and that is all. It accepts all kinds of love. Love is Love. Period. So save the lectures for someone who doesn't hear it daily.
Say nice things, think positive thoughts and love with all your heart. Remember, kindness opens more doors than rudeness could ever slam in your face.
*This says so much to me...people actually believe this...This is beyond me...* Read this...
Top Ten Reasons Why Gay Marriage Is Wrong:
1) Being gay is not natural. Real American's always rejected unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.
2) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way, that hanging around tall people will make you tall.
3) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and
4) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.
5) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Brittany Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.
6) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.
7) Obviously, gay parents will raise gay children since straight parents only raise straight children.
8) Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.
9) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.
10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.
Please repost this if you are for gay marriage.
*This is truth..scary but true...We need to stop this now..*
HOMOPHOBIA IS GAY
I am the boy who never finished school because I was called a fag everyday.
I am the girl who got kicked out of her home because I confided in my mother that I was a lesbian.
I am the prostitute working the streets because no one will hire a transsexual.
I am the sister who holds her gay brother tight through the painful, tear-filled nights.
We are the parents who buried our daughter long before her time.
I am the man who died alone in the hospital because they wouldn't allow my partner of 27 years into the room.
I am the foster child who wakes up to the nightmares of being taken away from the two fathers who are the only loving family I have ever had. I wished they could adopt me.
I am one of the lucky ones, I guess. I survived the attack that left me in a coma for three weeks, and in another year I will probably be able to walk again.
I am not one of the lucky ones. I killed myself just weeks before my high school graduation. It was just too much to bear.
We are the couple who had the Realtor hang up on us when she found out we wanted to rent a one-bedroom for two men.
I am the one person who does not know which bathroom to use so the management doesn't come for me.
I am the mother who is not even allowed to see the children I bore, nursed and raised. The court says I am an unfit mother because I now live with another woman.
I am the domestic-violence survivor who found the support system grow suddenly cold and distant when they found out my abusive partner is also a woman.
I am the domestic-violence survivor who has no support system to turn to because I am male.
I am the father who never hugged my son because I grew up afraid to show affection to males.
I am the Home Ec teacher who always wanted to teach gym until someone told me that only lesbians could teach it.
I am the woman who died when the EMTs stopped treating me as soon as they realized I was transsexual.
I am the person who feels guilty because I think I could be a much better person if I did not have to always deal with society hating me.
I am the man who stopped attending church, not because I don't believe, but because they closed the doors to my kind.
I am the girl ashamed to tell my own friends that I am a lesbian because they make fun of them.
I am the boy tied to a fence, beaten to a bloody pulp and left to die because two straight men said they needed to 'teach me a lesson'.
I am the person who is afraid of telling his loving Christian parents he loves another male.
I am the person who needs to hide what this world needs the most: love.
IF YOU BELIEVE THAT HOMOPHOBIA IS WRONG-REPOST THIS.
*I looked at this and thought it worked for just about everything..work..or school..*
NEW SCHOOL PRAYER:
If Scripture now the class recites,
Our hair can be purple, orange or green,
For praying in a public hall
We can get our condoms and birth controls,
It's scary here I must confess,