Author has written 77 stories for Storm Hawks, Kung Fu Panda, Phineas and Ferb, Avatar: Last Airbender, Naruto, and Hetalia - Axis Powers.
Fanfiction has been very good to me. I joined years ago, when I was a stupid child who could barely spell the word 'grammar'. Over the years, writing and reading fics, talking to brilliant people online and being a part of different fandoms has increased my exposure and understanding of people and writing as a craft. I owe it so much, and if I'm a writer today, it's largely because of the encouragement and support I've received from friends I've made across the globe, who have read and critiqued my work. You guys know who you are. Thank you. I will love you forever.
Now that I'm older, there are a lot more responsibilities to deal with, academically, personally, professionally. While I read fanfiction when I have the time, I'm not sure I can write it with as much fervour and dedication as before. Maybe I'll upload a one-shot here and there, but the chances are low. This place and these people will always remain an important part of my life, and certainly an important part of my journey as a writer.
You Can Follow Me On:
Archive Of Our Own: TheGoliathBeetle
About My Fics:
I've written a lot of fan fiction over the years. This account dates back to when I was basically a kid, so the older the stories are, the worse they'll be.
I also have a pretty huge Favourite's List, as you can see! It'll just keep growing, haha. I love reading fan fiction, and the fics I've favourited are the fics I think I'd want to re-read some time in the near future.
I usually try to finish every single multi-chapter that I start, but there are times when I just lose the inspiration. I always intend to get back to them, but it just doesn't happen. I do try, though. I'm sorry if you were reading one of those fics and it hasn't been updated in forever.
I hope you like what I've written. If you feel I need to improve, please let me know. Constructive criticism is good for me. For me, writing is a serious thing, and I won't stop at anything to get better at it.
The Dictators series - This is a series of one-shots. Historical!Hetalia. The focus will be on nations and the relationships they shared with their dictators. The one-shots are in no particular order, and you can read whichever one you want, without worrying about a connecting plot that could throw you off.
At the moment, I want to focus on these countries: Germany (completed), Italy (completed), Spain (completed), China, Japan, and Russia. I might add to this list later, if I feel like it.
In this series, when human names are used, I'm referring to their human aspect, and not their country aspect. I feel like that's an important distinction in this case, because it's directly related to the point of the series. I want to explore the personifications' relationships with their dictators, because it's always more complex than we'd like to believe.
Progress will be very slow for this series because of the mind-numbing amount of research involved. To do this realistically, I have to spend weeks, months, sometimes, looking up small details. It's the small stuff that makes the story, I swear. At the start of each one-shot, historical notes will be given, because that would definitely make your reading experience much more fun. I know how annoying it is when you don't understand a reference.
This is a very politically sensitive series. Reader discretion is advised. I've tried my absolute best to focus on only the facts, without adding any bias or personal opinion whatsoever. However, the characters in Hetalia are human, in a way, and their human qualities will definitely add a tangible emotional element to the fics. Please keep that in mind before you begin reading any of the Dictators fics.
So far, these are the fics in the series:
1. Visitor: Germany, Prussia, Hitler (This will probably be rewritten and re-posted.)
2. 21: Veneziano, Romano, Mussolini
3. The Man God Sent: Spain, Franco
Fics With My Friends:
Immortal x Snow and I are co-writing this crazy FACE family fic called Nineteen-Eighty FOOD. You can click that hyperlink to check it out. You can also find it on her profile. This is the fic's summary:
Nineteen-Eighty FOOD: a cafe run by Alfred Jones and dedicated entirely to literature puns. Home to shy Matthew and his adopted father Francis. And ground zero for Arthur Kirkland's latest literary breakthrough. It's a perfectly normal place, believe us. Just try their special: William Butler Yeast. Human!AU, FACE family, no pairings, all madness.
Spinyfruit and I are doing a prompt game! Basically, we use the same prompt and come up with individual stories and compare how similar/different they are!
My story is: Cupid Fired the Shooting Star
Spinyfruit's story is: Hell's Half Acre
Do check them out :D
Immortal x Snow and I have also written five "50 sentence challenges" with different characters using a set of prompts. You can find them on our profiles.
For those who've read my fic As We Were, ollymolly on 8tracks has made this wonderful playlist for it! It's amaaaazing, you have to check it out!
The Art of Flying has been translated into Russian by the wonderful GMoriell! You can find it at: h t t p s : / / f i c b o o k . n e t / r e a d f i c / 3281469
Gift Fics I've received:
1. Before the Snow Falls by Spinyfruit: Lovino, jersey number nine, right winger. He was ready to pass the ball, ready to set up the win, but Antonio, opposite team, center fielder, was ready too. Someone thought, and someone didn't, and they crashed. Hard. A few months later, Lovino's on crutches, Antonio has scholarships, and they have to deal with the aftermath of what happened. —Spamano, two-shot.
2. It Changes You by myfivemeters: "You're a guy, Antonio, you should like this." In which a student tries to convince him that he doesn't owe anyone anything. [Warning: Mentions of rape, though it is not described explicitly.]
3. The Afterport by Spinyfruit: Lovino died in the year 1945, right after WWII ended. When he woke up, he wasn't in heaven; he was in the place you went before it. Apparently, Purgatory is a crowded place, with several interesting characters. Some of whom have been there for centuries. —Spamano, multi-chapter, with pirate!Spain and dark themes.
4. Man's Best Friend by That One Eccedentesiast: On a mission, Kakashi's ninken (or just Pakkun) get hurt. As Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura try to help out, they get a glimpse into Kakashi's close bond with his dog(s). The Goliath Beetle's prize for being my twenty-first reviewer on my fic "Quietly". COMPLETE.
5. Still Lifes by Immortal x Snow: The Italy brothers spend the day celebrating Rome's birthday together and remembering their grandfather and his legacy that lives on in them. More or less a drabble. Giftfic for The Goliath Beetle.
If you're looking for some amazing stories, check out Spinyfruit and Immortal x Snow. They're two wonderful writers, and wonderful people, and they have taught me so many things (even if they themselves might not realise it, haha). Their fics are original, meaningful and powerful. These two writers are talented and very kind, and it's a joy to have them as friends and writing partners. I'm very lucky. :)
The Sell-Out and The Perfect Praline have been permanently discontinued. To all those who were following these fics, I can't tell you how sorry I am. I personally hate it when writers leave their stories unfinished, so I know exactly the frustration you may feel. But at the moment, I cannot finish them, owing to personal and academic pressures. Furthermore, these stories were written on a whim, without a coherent plot. I've gone over them again, and I think the writing is sub-standard, the characterisation sloppy and overall, utterly uninspired. I don't know. I don't like them anymore. I won't delete them, though, so they'll still be around. If you've been waiting for an update, I'm terribly, terribly sorry and I thank you for your support. I would be nothing without wonderful readers like you, who continue to encourage me. I love you all. *Hugs*.
- On selective hiatus -