Author has written 59 stories for Storm Hawks, Kung Fu Panda, Phineas and Ferb, Avatar: Last Airbender, Naruto, and Hetalia - Axis Powers.
I'm The Goliath Beetle, or GB, if you're feeling lazy. I've been fandom-hopping for a while, as you can see from my long and scattered list of fics. But my current obsession is Hetalia: Axis Powers, and I think I'm going to stay there for a while. I've been on this website for years and I owe it so much. It taught me how to write and I also developed friendships with some wonderful writers and people.
My favourite characters in Hetalia are: Spain, Prussia, Romano and France in that order, although it's Hetalia, so it's impossible to dislike any of them, really.
My favourite pairings: Spamano, PruCan, FrUK and SuFin. I also don't mind PruHun, sometimes.
My favourite groups: The Bad Touch Trio and the FACE family.
I adore fics that look at the historical aspect of things. I'm a history nerd, so a well-written historical!Hetalia fic is just awesome. I also love character studies. My absolute favourite Hetalia character is Spain. I love it when writers show him as being vulnerable, because you just don't see that often enough. Most or all of my Spamanos show Spain as vulnerable. If you know of/or have written a vulnerable!Spain fic, please tell me about it! I just don't find too many good ones, so I'm constantly in search for something new and awesome to read. For me, Spain is "vulnerable" if he's sick (either physically or mentally), hurt, upset, or even deranged or angry. Basically, ANY deviation from his boring, one-dimensional depiction of being the most happy person in the room.
About My Fics:
I've written a lot of fan fiction over the years. This account dates back to when I was basically a kid, so the older the stories are, the worse they'll be.
I also have a pretty huge Favourite's List, as you can see! It'll just keep growing, haha. I love reading fan fiction, and the fics I've favourited are the fics I think I'd want to re-read some time in the near future.
I usually try to finish every single multi-chapter that I start, but there are times when I just lose the inspiration. I always intend to get back to them, but it just doesn't happen. I do try, though. I'm sorry if you were reading one of those fics and it hasn't been updated in forever.
I hope you like what I've written. If you feel I need to improve, please let me know. Constructive criticism is good for me. For me, writing is a serious thing, and I won't stop at anything to get better at it.
The Dictators series - This is a series of one-shots. Historical!Hetalia. The focus will be on nations and the relationships they shared with their dictators. The one-shots are in no particular order, and you can read whichever one you want, without worrying about a connecting plot that could throw you off.
At the moment, I want to focus on these countries: Germany (completed), Italy (completed), Spain (completed), China, Japan, and Russia. I might add to this list later, if I feel like it.
In this series, when human names are used, I'm referring to their human aspect, and not their country aspect. I feel like that's an important distinction in this case, because it's directly related to the point of the series. I want to explore the personifications' relationships with their dictators, because it's always more complex than we'd like to believe.
Progress will be very slow for this series because of the mind-numbing amount of research involved. To do this realistically, I have to spend weeks, months, sometimes, looking up small details. It's the small stuff that makes the story, I swear. At the start of each one-shot, historical notes will be given, because that would definitely make your reading experience much more fun. I know how annoying it is when you don't understand a reference.
This is a very politically sensitive series. Reader discretion is advised. I've tried my absolute best to focus on only the facts, without adding any bias or personal opinion whatsoever. However, the characters in Hetalia are human, in a way, and their human qualities will definitely add a tangible emotional element to the fics. Please keep that in mind before you begin reading any of the Dictators fics.
So far, these are the fics in the series:
1. Visitor: Germany, Prussia, Hitler (This will probably be rewritten and re-posted.)
2. 21: Veneziano, Romano, Mussolini
3. The Man God Sent: Spain, Franco
Immortal x Snow and I are co-writing this crazy FACE family fic called Nineteen-Eighty FOOD. You can click that hyperlink to check it out. You can also find it on her profile. This is the fic's summary:
Nineteen-Eighty FOOD: a cafe run by Alfred Jones and dedicated entirely to literature puns. Home to shy Matthew and his adopted father Francis. And ground zero for Arthur Kirkland's latest literary breakthrough. It's a perfectly normal place, believe us. Just try their special: William Butler Yeast. Human!AU, FACE family, no pairings, all madness.
Spinyfruit and I are doing a prompt game! Basically, we use the same prompt and come up with individual stories and compare how similar/different they are!
My story is: Cupid Fired the Shooting Star
Spinyfruit's story is: Hell's Half Acre
Do check them out :D
For those who've read my fic As We Were, ollymolly on 8tracks has made this wonderful playlist for it! It's amaaaazing, you have to check it out!
And finally, The Perfect Praline is on hiatus and is subject to possible deletion. I started this fic without planning it properly and there are too many plot-holes. I'm really unhappy with how it's turning out and what's more, I don't really have the time (or rather, inclination) to focus on this right now. If you've been following this fic, I'm really, really sorry about leaving things like this.
Gift Fics I've received:
1. Before the Snow Falls by Spinyfruit: Lovino, jersey number nine, right winger. He was ready to pass the ball, ready to set up the win, but Antonio, opposite team, center fielder, was ready too. Someone thought, and someone didn't, and they crashed. Hard. A few months later, Lovino's on crutches, Antonio has scholarships, and they have to deal with the aftermath of what happened. —Spamano, two-shot.
2. It Changes You by myfivemeters: "You're a guy, Antonio, you should like this." In which a student tries to convince him that he doesn't owe anyone anything. [Warning: Mentions of rape, though it is not described explicitly.]
3. The Afterport by Spinyfruit: Lovino died in the year 1945, right after WWII ended. When he woke up, he wasn't in heaven; he was in the place you went before it. Apparently, Purgatory is a crowded place, with several interesting characters. Some of whom have been there for centuries. —Spamano, multi-chapter, with pirate!Spain and dark themes.
4. Man's Best Friend by That One Eccedentesiast: On a mission, Kakashi's ninken (or just Pakkun) get hurt. As Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura try to help out, they get a glimpse into Kakashi's close bond with his dog(s). The Goliath Beetle's prize for being my twenty-first reviewer on my fic "Quietly". COMPLETE.
5. Still Lifes by Immortal x Snow: The Italy brothers spend the day celebrating Rome's birthday together and remembering their grandfather and his legacy that lives on in them. More or less a drabble. Giftfic for The Goliath Beetle.
I urge you to give Spinyfruit's stories a look-see, as she's an amazing writer and person, and I swear I've learnt almost all of my Spamano tricks from her.
- On hiatus, more or less. Except for that one fic I'm working on with Immortal x Snow! See you when I see you! -