Author has written 29 stories for RENT, Harry Potter, Mortal Instruments, Hunger Games, and Infernal Devices, Cassandra Clare.
These are some oneshots for Mortal Instruments that I plan to post soon. They're completed, I just need to get around to polishing them off, finding a title, and so on.
A little/long fic about how Alec and Jace went from not knowing one another, to enemies, to the best friends and eventual brothers that we love.
The "Kiss me" scene of CoG starts the same and ends similarly, but Alec learns his lesson in a completely different way. Jalec fans, I invite you!
A pre-series oneshot with a heartfelt Alec and Izzy sibling bonding moment, as Alec faces his sexuality and Izzy accepts him with open arms (duh).
Name: Yeah, right, you truly think I'm giving that here?
Age: See "Name"
Location: Do you sense a pattern here? See "Name" and "Age"
Gender: Female (ah! Actual info!!)
Behind the PenName: Mau (or Mow, the spelling varies) is a card game my friends and I played at camp. Basically, only the Mau Master knows the rules (everyone pretty much has their own set). It's up to everyone else to figure out the rules on their own. So, I am the MauMaster and only I can decide what happens in my fanfics :) There we go, getting that out of the way. I occasionally take suggestions and ideas when I ask, though. That's why I chose the pen name. All right, I admit it that was complete BS. The game is real and I did play it at camp, but I chose it mainly because I really like how it sounds.
A Bit About Me: I'm a pretty talkative person. My friends often tune me out and I don't mind going on and on. But I'm working on being more concise and not rambling, so let me know if I do it too much! My ANs might get sort of lengthy, but I'm also working on that.
I'm not a new fanfiction writer. I started reading it without an account about a year or so before the 7th Harry Potter book came out, trying to quench my thirst. I found it through a search for new stuff and interviews about the book. After the book came out, I slowly started to fall out of reading the fandom and fell into Twilight. I wrote my first fic for Twilight and wrote several for that fandom, before realizing simply, that I can't write well for them! It doesn't work out. Not really into the series anymore, anyway. So, I tried out Harry Potter fanfic and I love it. There are so many possibilities, so many ways you can twist and bend that universe. It's a complicated series and I love taking different circumstances that aren't elaborated. I like Marauder Era and friendship fics. I'm a fan of time travel, but not really good at writing it. I've tried twice - the second attempt is a bit better than the first. Well, a lot better. Just not that much better. But that's why we're here, right? To improve and explore our writing! Now, I'm really into RENT and the Mortal Instrument series, too. Haven't started writing for Glee yet, but I'm in love with the show (and would hug Kurt to pieces if he were real). I've had a few plot bunnies, but they're containing themselves to my mental choir room and getting songs stuck in my head instead of forcing me to write.
I have a first account that is not abandoned, but has some of my more... I'd say amatuerish fics that I'd really like to separate myself from, and start anew as far as what everyone thinks. No, I will not tell you what my account is. Sorry!
I like to explore characters very often. Character studies are so fascinating to me. I write a lot of character driven stories, less plot driven stories. My plot driven have a little less character exploration and that's difficult for me.
I write original things too, but those never go online. I'd like to get published one day, so that's not a great idea. Plus, all my original stuff is in the halfway stage, plus all rough drafts, and quite frankly, suck. But if I go missing, it's because my own characters forced the fandoms to leave (they're very pushy and don't like sharing the spotlight).
Fandoms I Enjoy Greatly: Gallagher Girls, Harry Potter, RENT, Mortal Instruments, Infernal Devices, Glee
Ships I like
Harry Potter: Canon ships, with the exception of Rolf/Luna (who the heck is Rolf anyhow?) and Neville/Hannah. N/L forever! I also happen to like some noncanon couples, such as Lupin/Lily during the school years. Fanon couples that I like for the next gen are Rose/Scorpius and Teddy/Victoire (but that one is canon). My favorite, favorite, favorite ship in the world is Lupin/Tonks, but I don't know if I will write it. I'm awfully scared that I'm going to mess it up!
Gallagher Girls: Solomon/Rachel, Cammie's dad/Rachel, Cammie/Zach (Josh is sweet, but Zach and Cammie seem more suited, you know? I'll have Josh!). Josh/Deedee
RENT: Roger/Mimi, Collins/Angel, Maureen/Joanne, Benny/Allison (hey, even he deserves love!), Mark/Camera. I don't like Mark/OC, usually, because every fic I've read with Mark dating an OC, the OC is a Mary Sue. So, I prefer him single. Though I have tried to write Mark/OCs, they usually fall through. Or are very short relationships. Occasionally, I write Mark/Maureen (none posted), but it's all pre-RENT or them discussing their former relationship during or after. I greatly enjoy Roger/Mark friendship, because I think they they have a great brotherly dynamic. Um, I don't know if you've figured it out by the way I've been talking but I'm a HUGE Mark fan. I think almost any writer, filmmaker, song writer, anyone that uses words (filmmakers do use words) can connect with his character.
Mortal Instruments/Infernal Devices: Clary/Jace, Isabelle/Simon, Simon/Maia, Simon/Clary (pre-CoG or onesided), Magnus/Alec. Also, Jocelyn/Luke. Mainly canon or the possibility to be canon. I like some really weird pairings as far as ID... Magnus/Will (Mill!) totally happened. So did Magnedict (Magnus/Benedict). Don't try to convince me otherwise. I know it happened. I'm a Magnille fan for both series, too. Yes, yes, Magnus goes well with basically everyone. I won't even oppose to Magnus/Simon or Magnus/Jace.
Glee: Kurt/Quinn friendship, Kurt/Finn friendship or brotherly (Furt), Kurt/everyone friendship (it can get really sappy sweet sometimes, but I love Kurt, so it works), Will/Finn father-son, Burt/Kurt father-son. Yeah. A lot of stuff, but not so much. Kurt's my favorite, though, so write a good, heart wrenching angst/friendship for him and I'm there. Humor with him is usually good, too. Chris Colfer's performance as him is phenomonal and can pull such emotions from me. I like Lea Michelle, though I'm not the biggest Rachel fan (she's sort of annoying). And I love Jonathan Groff. Diana Agron and Cory Montieth (Quinn and Finn) both showed their character development well - the way Quinn transitioned from ice queen to just another glee kid never surprised me, was never too sudden, but didn't take too long, either. And is it odd that I have a thing for "Other Asian" Mike? Every time he gets to dance, I squeal. I don't know why. I think he has a thing for Rachel. OH! Klaine is a top ship for me.
I dedicate all of my fics to my readers, my reviewers, and my grandpa, who I know would have loved to read the various stories, whether he knew anything about the fandom or not (in particular, Harry Potter, which he had only read up to the second)
10 THINGS TO THANK RENT FOR:
1. Getting the bonus question correct on my math test. Who knew that knowing that there are 525, 600 minutes in a year could be helpful when you forget how many days there are? Just do the math backwards and you have 365 days (I think... maybe I should check again?)
2. Never letting me forget what AIDS stands for, which I always forgot before. Aquired Immune Deficient Syndrome. Thank you, Angel! ("You Okay, Honey?")
3. Teaching me to learn many lyrics very fast (La Vie Boheme!)
4. It helped bump my Broadway playlist up to over 160 songs! Whoot!
5. Gave me the best philosophy in life. No day but today. It's truly helped me get through some difficult things. The entire play has, everything in it.
6. A huge bruise that didn't recover for two weeks. My friend just had to watch it, and it just compelled me to watch it again, because it's so good!! So, sitting on her top bunk at camp, in the pitch blackness, crying our eyes out at midnight while everyone sane is asleep and then having to climb down with my DVD player... I banged my leg sooo badly. So, thanks RENT for a lot of possibly unneeded bruising. And I will say that besides Titanic, RENT is the only movie that has the ability to make me cry the tenth time of watching and beyond.
7. Made me sort of want to celebrate Christmas so people don't look at me like I'm nuts for singing "Christmas bells are ringing!" at the top of my lungs. I'm Jewish. And I was singing this in the middle of the summer at a Jewish camp. Sigh... I guess Mark and I will get along well. Jews singing Christmas songs. I love them way too much, for anyone. I'd also love to say "Merry Christmas, b--!" I'm going to mass text all my camp friends that, I think. Should have an interesting response.
8. Making me want to become a filmmaker, for a little while. And a guitar player, but my little brother really hates when I take his stuff, so I can't teach myself any guitar.
9. Whenever I tape something on my camera, the first thing that comes out of my mouth is "December 24th, 9 PM, EST, from here on in, I shoot without a script!" to which my friends promptly groan because I usually try and finish the Tune Up.
10. Took over my life.
7 THINGS TO THANK HARRY POTTER FOR:
1. I learned tons of constellations and Roman mythology! Remus and Romulus, anyone? The Sirius star?
2. I also learned Latin. Lupin comes from lupus, meaning wolf. I think that Malfoy means "bad faith". (God, what a horrible name. Draco Malfoy... Dragon Bad Faith...)
3. I can remember Ron's birthday (March 1), the twins' birthday (April 1), Hermione's birthday (September 19), and when Malfoy and Ginny's birthdays are (June and August, respectively), but cannot remember my best friends' birthdays. Thanks, Harry Potter.
4. Yes, the bad guy can be hot. Draco Malfoy, anyone? Rather, Tom Felton, but that's beside the point.
5. So can an aged werewolf (but that's really just in my mind, because David Thewlis isn't hot).
6. I can make a connection to anything from Harry Potter. Backpack - Harry's backpack got torn during the second book by the dwarf trying to deliver a Valentine. Ha, shocked my friend with that one. She thought she had me stumped.
7. Took over my life.
5 THINGS TO THANK THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS FOR
1. The gift of the wonderful characters of Jace, Simon, Alec, Magnus, etc.
2. Simon almost made me want to go get D&D and check it out for myself...
3. Gave me a good reason to clean my room (Sebastian could be hiding in the mess and Jace likes things tidy)
4. Restored my faith in today's vampires (not only do they not sparkle, but one of them is a Jew! How often do you come across that?)
5. Took over my life
8 THINGS TO THANK GLEE FOR
1. It's now socially acceptable to suddenly start singing and make the "loser" sign, as long as it's in the name of being a Gleek.
2. Will Shuester. Need I say more?
3. It had Idina Menzel guest star. And Neil Patrick Harris. And Kristen Chenowith. And Gwenyth Paltrow. And now Darren Criss is on Glee.
4. Kurt Hummel needs a hug. Whenever I see him, I really want to give him a hug.
5. Will. Shuester. (sorry, felt like mentioning him twice).
6. They did Defying Gravity and Jessie's Girl. How different could they be? But how similar?
7. It made me lose a lot of bets (meaning it's not predictable, which is good, even if I owe my friend, like, 3 sodas)
8. Took over my life.
Death is but the next great adventure for the well organized mind" -Dumbledore (HP)
"There is no pretense here. I am genuinely self absorbed and deeply shallow!" -Fiyero (Wicked, Musical)
"And the pincers... Click click. Click click." -Harry Potter (HBP movie)
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain." -Anonymous
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible" - Walt Disney
"I figure life's a gift and I don't intend on wasting it. You don't know what hand you're gunna get dealt next. You learn to take life as it comes at you. To make every day count." -Jack Dawson (Titanic)
"Forget regret or life is yours to miss. No other road. No other way. No day but today" -Mimi Marquez ("Another Day", RENT)
"Harry Potter: The Boy Who Lived when my favorite characters didn't" -Anonymous
"The R/T Fandom: Still here. Still strong. If a tiny bit pissed off." -Anonymous
"R/T: All was (bloody not) well" -Anonymous
"Today for you! Tomorrow for me!" -Angel Dumott Schunard ("Today 4 You", RENT)
"It's like a Jewish cloud..." -Glee, can't remember the episode.
"It's Brittany... bitch." -Glee, "Britney/Brittany", Brittany
"Drop the attitude, Harry Potter!" - Hermione Granger, A Very Potter Musical
"I always thought it was 'Good things come to those who do the wave.' No wonder I've been so confused all my life!" - Simon, City of Glass
"If I feel the urge to burst into flames, I'll let you know." - Simon, City of Bones
"Molesting the vampire while he's too weak to fight back, Iz? I'm pretty sure that violates at least one of the Accords." - Jace, City of Glass
"Nice? Bah! He's gorgeous!" - Magnus, City of Glass
"Nothing less than seven inches! That's my motto!" -Isabelle, City of Ashes
""I knew it. You want to kiss me I guess what they say is true. There are no straight men in trenches."
"That's atheists, jackass!" -Jace and Simon, City of Ashes
"The meek may inherit the earth, but at the moment it belongs to the conceited." -Jace, City of Bones (?)
"Thank you, Grilled Cheesus." -Finn, Glee, "Grilled Cheesus"
"Being part of something special makes you special, right?" -Rachel Berry, Glee, Pilot episode
"All they say is 'trust in what is written.' Wars are made and somehow that is wisdom. Thought is suspect and money is their idol! And nothing is okay unless it's scripted in their Bible." -Melchior, "All That's Known", Spring Awakening
"You'll have to excuse me. I know it's so off! I love when you do stuff that's rude and so wrong! I go up to my room, turn the stereo on. Shoot up some you and the you is some song." -"My Junk", Spring Awakening