Author has written 1 story for Devil Wears Prada.
When we read, we are stepping into a world that has little to do with our current problems, and yet, we cannot help but relate to our favorite characters and their situation. It amazes me how we truly surreal our lives can become. I love reading. I have always found it fascinating to detach myself from reality's harsh world, and immerse myself into a foreign place, time, and situation. I enjoy reading a good romantic fiction, as well as an assortment of other genres.
I never got into the Harry Potter Book Craze until after The Philosophers Stone was released in Theaters. Now, I not only love the books and the accompaniment, but also enjoy reading the many fanfics that other authors have posted. Some of my favorite ships are:
1. H/Hr: I did not think Ginny was the right choice, too much of a fan girl. Hr/RW is too unbelievable, yes couples argue, but those two fought constantly. Plus Ron is a bit of a jealous bastard all too often. He is hot-tempered and after his appalling behavior following the First Task in the Goblet of Fire, I am disinclined to see him for more than face value. Finally, he made poor Hermione cry in all of the books!
2. AD/MM: I know JKR claims that Dumbledore swings another way, but his relationship with McGonagal is very close-nit and hard to ignore. I also enjoy reading the mother/child relationship that McGonagal has with Harry and Hermione in a lot of the fanfics.
I do read a wide variety of pairings, including femslash, many of which have been added to my favorites. Although I am not apposed of reading explicit content, there is a standard for all well written material to have a modicum amount of decorum.*
3. Characters that I think were under-developed, or were overlooked, are: Amelia and Susan Bones, Lily Potter ( however, we do read more about Lily in the 7th book), Luna Lovegood, and Daphne Greengrass. Any stories or ships that include these characters, I will most likely read.
As a teenager, I watched Star Trek: Voyager. I absolutely adored Kate Mulgrew's character Captain Kathryn Janeway. I remember watching Voyager in Middle School and Janeway's commanding presence set me in a state of awe. I was disappointed with TPTB about their choice of killing her off in the Pocket Book edition (Before Dishonor). To me, that book is to be disregarded at all costs; although, Mosiac is a very good piece of literature that gives readers the incite of Janeway's complex personality. Some of my Favorite ships in this series:
1. J/C- I am an avid J/Cer by heart. Although there is ALWAYS that one J/P story that will forever be itched into our minds, J/C is a simple must!
2. B'LT/TP or B'LT/HK- B'Elanna is a wonderful character to watch. Her ever growing personality and character development is amazing. I could see her with either Tom or Harry.
3. Naomi Wildman is such a cute secondary character. She obviously adores Janeway, and has such a wonderful personality. I love reading the aunt/mother/mentor relationship she and Janeway share.
I do enjoy a good science fiction novel/series and SYFY's Sanctuary was simply amazing. It is the first ever show to be completely filmed in Green Screen ( the special effects were quite spectacular). The character development, as well as relationship growths were very appropriate.
I also enjoyed reading/watching the story, The Devil Wears Prada. In the book, Andrea was very unsure and often second guessed her performance and decisions, while in the movie, her character was more self confident and able to withstand more of Miranda's demands. Reading/watching Miranda Priestly was an experience. Her presence was definitely known once she walked into a room. This pairing was a lot of give-and-take. I think they both brought out the best as well as the worst in each other. The most certainly played off the others character and personalities. This is one femslash that I do get a rise out of reading.
On a more personal note, I was using the pen name of collegegirl205; however, I later realized that name no longer suits me. My new pen name is LillyPheonix. My inspiration for the name change was based off of the reading of the Harry Potter series, as well as other personal reasons. I am not a writer, but an avid reader. I am looking forward to reading many author's works.
All The Best,
now for semoehtnig itnresitng...
i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty
If you could read that put it in your profile.
broomstick flyer (65)
chem prof (32)
I Am Atrocity (0)
Literary Assassin (31)
S.M wane (8)
Sela McGrane (97)
Sierra Janeway (35)