Author has written 2 stories for Naruto.
Name: James Charles Adam Donald Jones III (You don't really believe this do you?)
Age: The derivative of f(x) = 18x - 567
Hobbies: Writing, Music, Traveling.
Loves: MY FAMILY
Anime I like: One Piece, Naruto, Eden of the East, Kenshin, FMA, Gintama and many others...like DB...really, I can list anime all day. You get the idea.
I used to write FFs more often but other circumstances changed that - but now I'm back and am prepared to begin a clean slate.
Profile (Short Version)
I generally like to explore the Naruto-verse. Why? Because I feel that I can have loads of fun playing in it. I had a short stint with Harry Potter but I eventually grew bored of that playground. Honestly, I can only take so much Albus bashing. To translate for Naruto fans, bashing Albus is like bashing the Third Hokage combined with bashing Sasuke. It happens often (Sasuke)...and the characters are very alike (Sarutobi).
I'm also a huge fan of One Piece but I can never write an FF about it for some reason.
I live in MA but my home was originally in the Washington DC, Maryland and Virginia area. I'm huge fan of Washington sports (Capitals, Redskins, Nationals, Wizards) - I enjoy sports because it's something I can obsess with.
I'm a sucker for sarcastic Naruto fictions and well written crossovers with the DC or Marvel Universe. I enjoy crossovers immensely, it just adds a whole different element.
I'm not a stickler for pairings but the most enjoyable for me is Naruto and Sakura. Why? In my mind, it just works very well. If you write it well, it can be very fun to read. Naruto and Hinata is an OK match but it is severely overused and the plot line is fairly predictable for the majority of those. I do not enjoy Harems as much as I used to. Other then that, I'll take any pairings...except Yaoi.
I wanna take some time to talk about my opinions on Fan-fiction in general and I what irritates the hell out of me.
1) Unoriginality/Inconsistency: No, I'm not talking about the small stuff like following a similar guideline to a story, I believe that you may feel free to do so. But when there are stories that basically follow the same premise and purpose over and over again, it gets annoying. Look, I know that some of you hate Sasuke (I will talk about this later) but to continually bash him over and over and over again grates on my nerves like nobodies business and I can't help but think, don't you ever get tired of it? It's so boring reading about how great Naruto is and how bad Sasuke actually is. Not to mention when most of you write Naruto in this storyline, you STILL portray him as the idiot he is in canon. And if he isn't an idiot, you basically turn him into a Sasuke! Which is so fucking hypocritical. You bash Sasuke because he broods, he gets annoyed by things Naruto does and he's a fairly "dark" character, which I assure you, compared to numerous other characters, this guys is clean. And then you turn around, make Naruto act like him except more "badass" (I used this term lightly because my definition of badass is very different) - and he's clean. It makes no sense. Again, I will continue on this later.
2) Bashing: I know bashing is part of the fanfiction experience. Hell, when I started out, I loved it. But when you keep reading and reading, your expectations for stories get higher and higher. And for me, it got to the point where I want to see all the characters shine. I enjoy stories where characters like Danzo, Sasuke and Orochimaru get their own excellent side plot. Danzo used to be portrayed as a weak civilian council member that had more bark then bite and now, I've seen stories where you get to see his side of the story, and what makes him tick. I like that and I find it very interesting to read...so when I go back to a fic where he's just bashed, I find it boring. What I'm trying to say is, bashing is all fun and good...but there are times when people enjoy something...better, more entertaining.
3) Yaoi: This site needs a Yaoi filter. Sorry, I have nothing against homosexuality, in fact, I have many friends who are gay and proud. They are cool ass people and I enjoy spending time with them as friends. We are cool. But I will never...ever...enjoy reading what two guys get down to, alright? I swear, I know I'm missing out on a lot of good fics...but I cannot tell the difference between a Yaoi pairing and just someone putting down two random names.
Anyways, I just wanted to share with you all my top ten Naruto fan-fictions. Just to...you know, for fun of course. I hope said authors don't mind me advertising their stories like this.
I'm starting from ten to one. Oh, and this WILL include crossovers.
(10) - Naruto: Game of the Year Edition - Written by Majin Hentai X
(9) - God of Illusion, Host of the Devil's Arm - Written by Thanathos
(8) - Son of whirlpool - Written by Jinsokuichi
(7) - Naruto: Tenshikage - Written by Sarakiel
(6) - Raised a Criminal - Written by DiscipleOfAnime
(5) - Better Left Unsaid - Written by Kenchi618
(4) - Naruto: Ouroboros - Written by maneyan
(3) - NU: RedX Rising - Written by 26-Lord-Pain
(2) - Holding Destiny With Your Own Two Hands - Written by MKofGod
(1) - The True Monster - Written by lord of the land of fire
Frankly, the numbers 10-7 can all be switched around with several other fictions. It's hard to choose.
Unsafe External Link