I like reading because I'm not funny or talented or brave enough to write.
If you write, no matter how well/poorly, I wish you luck and readers. I've been here for a while, and have been fortunate enough to have seen some great stuff, and unfortunate enough to have seen some utter tripe. I've seen the best and worst authors come and go, seen fandoms die, and now I just try to look forward to new content in all my current fandoms.
THINGS I HATE
- Note to new authors: Personal opinion, but first person fiction reads like an annoying self-insert. I want to read a story, not your secret diary. If I wanted to feel like I was in the story I probably wouldn't be reading fanfics. I REALLY don't like self-inserts, in case you haven't noticed, I also hate badly written, irrelevant OCs.
- I don't like Yaoi/Yuri/Slash/Incest/Mpreg AT ALL, and immediately unfollow/unfave authors that don't post warnings. I don't like crossovers. I greatly dislike like first person fics, so if I read yours (I probably won't though) be happy.
- I GREATLY DISLIKE POOR GRAMMAR. I am by no means a "Grammar Nazi" and MIGHT still read a fic if the plot grabs me, but incorrectly used words, incorrect sentence structure, and incorrect punctuation are all things that irk me something chronic, especially when there is no excuse for them. Basically, if you write in English and IT IS your first language, and you ARE NOT dyslexic, you should seriously consider getting a new hobby. Or a spellchecker. Or a diary. (see first person fiction/self-insert rant above) Or you could just ignore me and carry on as you were, because what do I know, amirite? ;)
THINGS I LOVE
- Well written lemons
- Well written stories that don't need lemons
- Plotless happy fluff
( I'm very indecisive, #dontjudgeme)
- Well written, relevant OCs
- Plot heavy mysteries
- Well written parodies (which unfortunately, are rarer than you would think)
- Generally well written fiction
- Authors that let their writing speak for itself, and do not feel the need to beg for reviews just for the sake of reviews
- Watching an authors writing technique improve through practise and taking feedback and advice seriously
- Authors that respond to their readers
- Pretty much anyone who writes/wrote for the KakaSaku fandom (you corrupted me but yay hot teacher fetish!)
ONE LAST THING
I would really like to read A Book of Five Rings (Go Rin No Sho) again, and would happily pay for it if that is what it takes. If anyone has a copy, please PM me as I miss that story so much it is legitimately unreal, I think of it often, and at one point I thought I had dreamed it up because it was that good. I was very confused and upset when I could no longer find it. It was, in my humble untalented opinion one of the best fics to ever appear on this site. I'd also like to thank all the KakaSaku authors for getting me into Fiction in the first place, there are too many of you to name, (yay!) and some of you have left us forever (boo!) but you are fabulous.
MY FAVOURITE FANDOMS/ANIME/MANGA/BOOK SERIES IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER
OURAN HIGH SCHOOL HOST CLUB
SWORD ART ONLINE
KAICHOU WA MAID-SAMA
THE WIND SINGER
I read a lot of romance novels too, since I'm not getting any action (out of choice, not because I'm a weird basement hugger or anything haha...ha)
The list might get longer but I doubt it.
My fave stories/authors list is long, and not all of the stories/authors deserve to be on there, I also use it to mark stories I'm currently reading since FF does not have a bookmark/currently reading section (arrrghh!) I cannot be bothered to go through it and remove the tripe, so if you're judging me based on that bear this is mind.
If you read this all, you deserve that giant pizza-sized cookie you were thinking about the other day. Just don't eat it all at once.