Author has written 11 stories for Ironman, Avatar: Last Airbender, Harry Potter, Tron, Thief and The Cobbler, Gurren Lagann, Cause of Death, One Piece, and Noragami/ノラガミ.
Location: That's classified.
Age: SO OLD. (By which I mean 26.)
Ahoy! My name is Ayala and I enjoy many things. Such as photography, cosplay, jewelry-making, Zumba Fitness, outdoorsy stuff. Writing? Pft, I have no interest in that. Clearly.
I like canon/OC pairings. Obviously, I prefer ones that are well written, but that goes for every fanfic I read. But yes, I do like fics that pair canons with OCs. SHOTS FIRED or whatever it is the cool kids are saying these days.
My favorite fandoms:
1) Avatar: The Last Airbender-- My #1 fave, always and forever. I am a huge fangirl for Earth King Kuei. Not like you could've guessed that from the over-187,900-word fanfic I've been working on since 2009 or anything, right? I have a wide variety of ships that I like in this fandom, listing them all would take ages, so I shall refrain. The Legend of Korra is all right but it'll never be as good as the original in my eyes.
2) Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann-- THE GREATEST AND MOST BELOVED ANIME OF MY HEART. This was the first "real anime" I ever saw and it's been my fave ever since. I ship the canon ships plus a side order of post-series Yoko/Viral (because, like, every other guy she's loved has ended up dead, so why not date the one dude that can't die?)
3) One Piece-- I'm a new little baby OP fan! I just started watching it in the middle of 2013! I still have over 500 episodes to catch up on at the time of writing this! :'D I haven't written anything for this one yet, but I am doing a Fire Fist Ace cosplay which is gonna be pretty badass if I do say so myself. I don't ship any of the Straw Hats together and there are few ships that I feel strongly about. The only ones I like are Usopp/Kaya, Zoro/Tashigi, Vivi/Koza, and Vivi/Ace. Also, you know what would be awesome? A crossover ship with Ace and June the bounty hunter from ATLA. Wouldn't that be amazing?
4) Cause of Death-- If you have an iPad, iPhone, or any other iOS device that can play games, GO DOWNLOAD CAUSE OF DEATH FROM THE APP STORE AND PLAY IT IMMEDIATELY. It's a visual novel-style detective game. That's the simplest description I can give. Here's a slightly more complex description: It's just like your favorite crime procedural series on TV, only ten times better. It has the best characters and the best writing and the best ships and the best plot twists. Ships: Mal/Natara (this is mandatory), BlaiseBird, Kai/Amy.
5) Noragami-- If you don't like Noragami then you are wrong. Sorry but it's true. The anime is great, the manga is great, the entire thing is great. I ship Yato/Hiyori because why would you not ship that? I will probably write something for this sooner or later. For now I am just basking in the wonder that is Yato and Yukine and Hiyori and Vaisravana and all the rest. (Also, Rabou was an awesome character and his storyline was totally fantastic and I will literally fight anyone who perpetuates this "Rabou was a useless filler character" crap.)
6) Pacific Rim-- Best movie of 2013! The fandom for this movie is a wonderful, wonderful place. Raleigh/Mako is fine I guess but Newt/Hermann is where it's at. Come on.
7) TRON-- TRON: Legacy was good and all but the original will always be the best. Flynn/Ram is my fave ship from this movie because LOOK AT THEMMMM.
8) The Thief and the Cobbler-- OK OK OK if you're gonna watch this movie, you gotta see the Recobbled Cut. It's available on Youtube from The Thief Archive. That is a fanmade cut of the movie pieced together bit by bit to show the story the way it was originally intended to be see. It's kind of like Aladdin, but way more unusual. It's a cute movie with outstandingly creative animation. I wrote a thing for it.
Other shows I like: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Princess Tutu, Orphan Black, Mythbusters, Fringe, Samurai Champloo, The IT Crowd, Orange is the New Black, Doctor Who, Mystery Science Theater 3000, Firefly.
Other movies I like: How To Train Your Dragon, The Mummy/The Mummy Returns, Pan's Labyrinth, Stardust, The Last Unicorn, most Disney 2D movies, the Pirates of the Caribbean series, old musicals by Fred Astaire, comedies by the Marx Bros., Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark/The Last Crusade, and a lot of others.
Books I like: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Douglas Adams), Territory (Emma Bull), the Otherland series (Tad Williams), the Vlad Taltos series (Steven Brust), many books by Terry Pratchett, Dune (Frank Herbert).
Music I like: Name a genre, any genre, and it's probably on my iPod.