Author has written 7 stories for Xena: Warrior Princess, Kick-Ass, and Mass Effect.
So...update...AND WHAT AN UPDATE IT IS!!
I have been away for a long time and fan fiction has kinda taken a seat on the back burner, but it has been for a good reason. 2015 has been a really busy year for me. I started working full time, I graduated from university and moved house, but the biggest thing that has happened to me - the main thing that has taken my time away from you - is my novel. As of today I can proudly say that I am now a PUBLISHED AUTHOR!! That's right. I officially have a book you can buy on Kindle (I'll put a link below to it):D It was written with you guys in mind: strong female main character, magic, elves, centaurs, sword action and the like. It's called The Hesperian Fables: Mist Deep.
It's because of you guys, my readers, that I even took the first steps to becoming a writer. Over the years as my time as a fanfic writer you have inspired me to take the chance to make my dream come true and publish because of your support and feedback, so that I want to sincerely say thank you so much for everything.
Of course I understand that not everyone will be interested or can afford it, but sharing can go a long way. I would really appreciate it if you could like and share my official author Facebook page or Twitter here so more like-minded awesomenaughts like yourself can see it: https://www.facebook.com/rjlongbottom / https://twitter.com/rjlongbottom
The link to my book is here: The Hesperian Fables: Mist Deep
This is a website me and my friends have made/founded and has finally gone live!! It was made by fanfic writers FOR fanfic writers from this very site. Imagine it to be a mix of twitter, facebook and fanfiction.net all rolled into one and you'll get the gist. It's still in its early stages and gaining popularity and you can connect easier with other authors on the net! It would be awesome if you would go check it out, like, share, anything! I know you'll love it as much as I do :) We love writing fanfiction and want to give it more coverage A membership is free, just like facebook or fanfiction.net, so don't be afraid. I'm on there already, as are some other authors you may recognise so don't be afraid to bug us :)
Social Links and Stuff:
- If you're a fan of me or my stories then why not be a sheep and follow me on my various social networking profiles?
Go on...it won't hurt.
Plus you'll get news on updates before anyone else :P
*Facebook Profile: https://www.facebook.com/Bexteronfanficauthor?fref=ts (For any that may be interested in works in progress, as well as sneak previews of stories in the works ;) )
*My stories are merely for fun and not to be taken seriously*
I'm on FictionPress under the same name. I am writing an original series that was sparked by an idea of us authors having Muses, a source where our fanfic ideas come from. These Muses are personified, have an appearance and personality, as well as attitudes and problems, just like their human creators. Its fun to play around with the idea that at first started off as a joke between members from the Underground Fanfictioners, but now its turned into a real, original series!! Feel free to check it out. Its a comedy series, so there should be lots of laughs :D
The Muses of Glass City link: http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3050486/1/The_Muses_of_Glass_City
Possible *hopeful* Future Projects:
For Love's Sake: Royal Pains (Sequel to - For Love's Sake) (Pushed back - Mid/late 2014) - [Summary: Following the events in Dreyas, Xena and Gabrielle hope to relax and forget, as well as adjust to their new relationship with a trip north. All is going well until a chance encounter with a mysterious man shakes them. Soon, they find themselves reluctantly thrust into a world filled with dirty politics, forbidden love and betrayal.]
Fandoms I wish to extend to (not necessarily in this order):
Spartacus: Blood and Sand/Vengeance/War of the Damned
Fable: The Lost Chapters
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Rizzoli and Isles
The Walking Dead (Game)
The Last of Us
My Recommended Reads:
I am always looking for some good reads while I browse through FF.net, and while there are many that I like, I am going to put the ones on my recommended list that I think stand out and are worth having a look at because of the uniqueness or wonderful storytelling. So, these below are ones I would definitely suggest you have a look at :D
- Shattering of the Silver Light by SilverMoonlightGJ - Summary - "In a world where Xena is the Empress of Greece she has come to know what it means to be alone. That world is about to change though, as a person appears who will shake the very foundations of her beliefs and turn everything upside down. X/G"
- My Only Desire is to Touch Your Soul by SilverMoonlightGJ - Summary - "Xena and Gabrielle find themselves in a difficult situation, one which will bring them both to breaking point as they come to terms with their love for each other as well as their differences, which have been tearing them apart. X/G"
- Little Bard by Stardawn19 - Summary - "Fed up with Xena treating her like a child, Gabrielle gets a little unwarranted assistance from Aphrodite to help the warrior see the light. The problem is that Aphrodite has her own agenda, and her help isn't exactly what Gabrielle had in mind. X/G"
- Bard and the Conqueror by DeMoka - Summary - "Xena is cursed by the Fates as a panther. Imagine Xena characters in the film Beauty & the Beast, now imagine that scrambled up with a dash of ridiculousness! X/G"
- Homeward Bound by Phantom Bard - Summary - "Post FIN. Following the death of Xena, Gabrielle searches for her focus. She rejoins the Amazons and hatches a plot to save the nation and return Xena to life, enlisting the aid of Ares and Aphrodite. X/G"
- Anchored by Amphipolis - Summary - "Two years have passed since Adalei and Alix left the Empire. Much has changed between the women, but not nearly as much as what's changed between Xena and Gabrielle. X/G"
- Sinking by Xedra - Summary - "When Joxer asks Dite to remove his love for Gabrielle, Gabrielle is dazed and confused by the changes in him. G/J"
- Omega Kid by Rurrlock-God of Power - Summary - "Inspired by the heroics of the real-life superhero Kick-Ass, Thomas Lanks is determined to be one of the greatest superheroes, Omega Kid."
If you're part of the Xena clan, why not "Like" the Facebook fan page for a movie? : XenaMovieCampaign ...We can dream, right? XD As the number goes up, Xena is getting more recognition. LL and ROC know about the campaign and have said themselves that all it would take is a script and a budget. The more likes it gets, the more publicity Xena gets, and the bigger chance of a revival :)
Anyway...Happy Reading, Folks!!!