Author has written 88 stories for Yankee-kun to Megane-chan/ヤンキー君とメガネちゃん, Quantum Leap, Naruto, One Piece, Fairy Tail, Hetalia - Axis Powers, Shingeki no Kyojin/進撃の巨人, and Kuroshitsuji.
WARNING: I haven't died, nor have I given up on any of my stories. It's Nanowrimo time (National Novel Writing Month) and I will be one of many writers worldwide attempting to write 50,000 words of a novel in 30 days. That's 1,667 words a day. All other writing projects are halted through the month of November. I'll see everyone in December! Check out my Facebook page for updates on my progress.
Hi, I'm Rhov (rhymes with rose). That's not the name on my birth certificate, but I've been called "Rhov" for 12 years and answer to it in real life, so it's pretty much how the majority of people know me. I'm a storyteller and musician. My weapons are the pen and the trombone. That makes for a dangerous combo attack.
I'm a female Oregonian, somewhere over 30 years old, married to my Prince Charming, no kids, but I have a huge black cat, my "baby panther." I began inventing plays at the age of 6 and published my first poem at 11. I entered writing contests throughout school, winning cash prizes and a trip to the U.S. Capitol. In college, I majored in English and Music with a focus on creative writing and music theory. My first writing job was composing speeches for my dad's union bigwigs. I was an editor for a time, but I hate stress and deadlines. I now write grant proposals for non-profit organizations. I'm currently about to publish my first novel. More info on that when it happens.
I play trombone in a local symphonic band and was recently promoted to co-leader of the trombone section...not bad considering I'm half the age of all the other trombonists, AND A GIRL! Take that! XD
I like writing, playing trombone, photography, sailing, hiking, bird-watching, researching genealogy, coin collecting, researching random crap, reading webcomics and manga, collecting tie pins from every cool place I visit, and dressing up as a pirate to pillage the pubs of Portlandia. My dream is to one day be able to live off of being a writer. Yeah, I know, "To dream the impossible dream," but hey, I'm ambitious and stubborn.
Bob và Gray - Vietnamese translation of by Betum, for Bob and Gray.
* Holding Hands - by amy23000, for Warm, Rough, and Gentle.
* Loke as a Lion, Lucy as a Mouse - by becausewhenyoupractiseyouimprove, for The Lion and a Mouse.
* Gratsu Week: Birthday - by graylu232, for Natsu's New Year's Birthday.
* Holding Hands - fanart by InfinityAngel92, for Warm, Rough, and Gentle.
* Warm, Rough, and Gentle narration - Aspiring voice actress Sailor Meow Meow narrates my fluffy NaLu story.
* A Present For Loke - gift fic from AJLovesKakashi, my favorite "Loke on catnip" theme.
* My poem Merry Christmas, Fairy Tail was recited for the 2011 Christmas special for Fairy Tail Podcast. What a great Christmas gift!
* Girl-In-A-Tiger-Kimono turned my poem The Stars Sing For You into a song. So cute!
* Starry Knight - a Stargate: SG1 and Knight Rider 2008 crossover written by my husband. It's his first attempt at writing a fanfic, so give him your support.
10 RANDOM FACTS
1) I have dyslexia (ABC looks like BCA), dyscalculia (123 looks like 312), and sound-color synesthesia (I "hear colors and see sounds"). My world is an interesting, mixed up place.
2) I have OCD and an obsession with round numbers. All of my stories' wordcounts (even individual chapters) land on either 5's or 10's. I'm giddy when they land on 100's.
3) My hair is past my knees.
4) I play trombone, French horn, trumpet, euphonium, tuba, tenor bugle, mellophone, flute, piccolo, clarinet, tenor saxophone, piano, acoustic and electric guitar, recorder, accordion, marimba, timpani, and various percussion instruments. I love trombone best.
5) I have never cried in a movie, but I do cry listening to music.
6) I speak English, Middle English, and Spanish. I studied Italian, but I'm not fluent. I can sort of read German and French. My best friend in 2nd grade taught me Swedish but I've since forgotten most of it. I'm slowly learning Japanese, Gaelic, and American Sign Language on my own. I've invented 4 languages for fantasy novels.
7) I'm naturally left-handed but learned to write right-handed thanks to a superstitious kindergarten teacher.
8) I've performed in bands throughout the West Coast, from Washington to the Mexican border: Seattle, Portland, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Sacramento, Palm Springs, San Diego, Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm, Crystal Cathedral, and at the Hollywood Bowl. I've acted as a trombone-tooting extra for two movies, a TV show, a FOX Family Channel commercial, and a Sprung Monkey music video. I marched 8 times in the Hollywood Christmas Parade.
9) I'm terrified of balloons.
10) I used to work in Hollywood. I once had a TV role acting in my underwear. The whole nation got to see me playing Sousa on the trombone in a blue bra. I will never do that again!
"Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia." - E.L. Doctorow