Author has written 4 stories for Merlin.
Profile Updated 9/14/16
So I'm not dead. Wanted to get that out there first. I'm sorry I haven't done, well, anything really since I left, but I've gotten a few PMs from people, so I wanted to throw out there that I'm doing okay.
I have been extremely unproductive though. If I were to list everything I've done in the past 3 years, it would probably take a long time but it would also prove that I've accomplished very little of what I actually intended to...so yeah. Lots of video games, lots of watching Anime with my friends, lots of watching and re-watching my favorite series (plural), lots of Youtube, some making music videos, lots of working, and a lot of reading, but not a lot of writing. I'm still trying to get myself in the mood for it, but I'm having an awful time deciding what I actually want to write. Starting is always the hardest part for me, so I just have to get past that and I'll be good.
For the most part though, I've just been super sucked in by Rooster Teeth and Achievement Hunter. I've always been a huge fan of Red vs. Blue, but now I'm finally branching out into everything else they have to offer as well (like RWBY, and AH's Let's Play section).
Anyway, just made a few general updates. When I finally do decide what I want to write, I will be sure to announce it. I'm also still tossing up ideas of writing another fic, but we'll see. Inspiration has been hard to come by lately.
My Inspirational Quotes:
"Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of you doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use."
- Earl Nightingale
"If the reason you breathe is the goal that you see, then you'll never be satisfied. 'Cause what's the reward when perfection is flawed and the best you can do falls wide?"
-"The Message" by Helen Trevillion
"To succeed, you must first improve; to improve, you must first practice; to practice, you must first learn; and to learn, you must first fail."
"Time is a wheel in constant motion always rolling us along. Who wants to look back on their years and wonder where those years have gone?"
- From "Dance" by Leeann Womack
"Harboring bitterness and resentment is like drinking poison and hoping the other person dies."
- Unknown (heard it in church, and there are tons of variations of it)
"If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them."
- Henry David Thoreau
"When one door of happiness closes, another one opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which had been opened for us."
- Helen Keller
"The evil that is in the world almost always comes of ignorance, and good intentions may do as much harm as malevolence if they lack understanding."
- Alber Camus
"The belief that there is only one truth and that oneself is in possession of it seems to me the deepest root of all evil that is in the world."
- Judith Sherven
"You don't love someone because they're perfect. You love them in spite of the fact that they're not."
- Jodi Picoult
"Maybe who we are isn't so much about what we do, but rather what we're capable of when we least expect it."
- Jodi Picoult
"It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities."
- J.K Rowling
"There are always two choices. Two paths to take. One is easy. And it's only reward is that it's easy."
"A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."
“God doesn’t care what you call yourself. He’s not impressed with Catholic, Protestant, Methodist, Episcopalian, Baptist, Lutheran… Those are words that people made up, and they mean nothing to God…nothing. He sees right through all that stuff, into your heart. It’s not about church, it’s not about doing a list of activities, and it’s not about calling yourself a particular name or going through some particular ritual. It’s much more personal than that.”
"Only a small part of what we know and believe is fact. The rest is perception. What matters is understanding the difference."
"Life is too damn short to just wait for things to make you happy. You have to make yourself happy."
– J. Michael Tatum
"One day you'll be just a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one."
"Would I live my life over again? Make the same unforgivable mistakes? Yes, given half a chance. Yes."
-from Rain, by Raymond Carver
"I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road."
"As far as I can figure, the way that it works is this: everyone has something that happened to them. The thing that we each carry. The thing that hurts. And to stop it, to stop the hurt, you have to turn it into a story. And not just a story you play over and over for yourself, but a story that you tell. A story's not a story unless you tell it. And once you tell it, it's not yours anymore. You give it away. And once you give it away, it's not something that hurts you anymore, it's something that helps everyone who hears it."
- Daniel MacIvor
I think that's good for now. I'll find more later :)
Nicknames: Rory, Rora, Aura, Sensei, Kitai, kid, May...etc.
Age: Twenties. 5 to 50 mentally, depending on circumstances.
Location: Northwestern United States
Personality: Um...contradictory? That's probably the best way to describe me. I'm a walking contradiction. I'm apparently both selfish and selfless, short tempered but good at controlling it, patient, giddy (spend a lot of time being giddy, actually), philosophical, sarcastic, witty, pathetic...actually, it's probably better to ask other people about me, though not my sis. She'd just say I'm mean, vicious, and spiteful.
Things to know about me:
- I'm Christian, though I'm a bit different...I suppose. I dislike rituals (read the quote up above in my quotes section. That's how I view it).
- I'm very open-minded. It comes from studying psychology, philosophy, anthropology, and sociology before realizing that I personally couldn't form a career from those and decided to study business instead.
-Even though I have no degree to prove it, I am an amateur psychologist and a philosopher.
- I have an AA degree with an emphasis in Japanese. I also got my BS in Business Administration and Accounting.
- I'm a fast learner with a rather intense memory. It's why I was able to get through school superbly without ever having opened my text books. However, I'm also the type of person who forgets whether she's closed the garage door ten seconds after having closed it.
- I will often say that I hate reading. Utter lie, that one. I absolutely love fanfiction.
- I don't drink, smoke, or do any sort of drugs due to personal beliefs and the fact that it's a waste of time and money.
- I trust no one but at the same time I'm willing to take just about anyone at face value.
- I'm extremely opinionated but not overbearing about it.
- I know enough Japanese to be capable of conversation.
- I'm a "grammar nazi" according to those who know me, and so it is unwise to challenge my writing unless you are one hundred percent certain you are right.
- Despite not being a copyeditor, I've been trained to be one, a fact that many friends have used to their advantage and I have let them (I love editing).
- My GWAM is around 100 on a good day.
- If I choose to spend my time with someone, it's because I feel they're actually worth the time.
- I'm not actually a masochist, even though some of my actions would claim otherwise.
- I'm a strategist by nature.
- I'm a slash fangirl and that fact can be blamed on my friend Khrys for putting ideas in my head while playing the Ace Attorney series. I avoided slash like the plague, and somehow she managed to get me addicted, and it's been that way ever since. When I realized it, I told her I hated her, and she wrote down the day as a monumental occasion.
- I've never met a person I couldn't get along with, except for one, but he chose not to get along with anyone, so that really wasn't my fault.
- I hate politics. Never ask me about them. Debating with me will only frustrate you.
- I have an unhealthy love for chocolate.
- I have never once suffered from writer's block.
- The three letters on the license plate for my car are AMD, which happen to be my initials. No, it was not planned. Those were the randomly generated letters I happened to get after buying my car, and that whole experience felt like one of those "meant to be" sort of things.
- I have some of the worst and yet best luck ever.
- I've only broken one bone, and I didn't so much as break it as completely shatter it (looked like a small explosion on the X-rays). It was the tip of my right index finger. 17, Junior year, band trip to Chicago. Got caught in the back of a huge glass door trying to hold it open. Was sent to the hospital alone, and the chaperones ran right past me at the hospital because I wasn't hysterical or crying or doing much of anything other than looking bored. Learned I have a high tolerance for pain and can keep my head in a panic situation.
- I don't hold grudges.
- I hate change, yet I adapt almost instantly.
- More often than not, I will put other people first.
- I have this firm belief that "everything will be okay in the end," so I suppose that would make me an optimist.
- I tend not to have expectations.
- I love socializing but I'm terrible at it.
- I don't start conversations with people unless I know them really, really well. I'll speak if spoken to, but otherwise I don't approach people. This has nothing to do with being cold or distant or disliking someone and everything to do with my stupid fear of being viewed as irritating.
- Only by the grace of God am I still alive.
- I'm just slightly OCD. Clutter makes me anxious (everywhere but at home, it seems), and I like things to be organized. I also have a weird habit of stacking things in even numbers, I tend to feel lost if there is not a clock or a watch nearby, and I have a strange tendency to sort all colored candy into their respective colors and then eat them in order, least favorite to favorite.
- I have a fear of storms, large dogs, and having anything on my hands. The last one is part of why I can't cook, as I can't stand to touch raw and uncooked food. Sometimes I can't even touch cooked food. It's also why I rarely put lotion on. Other than clean water, I can't stand having anything on my hands.
- I can play the piano and the flute.
- I pay way too much attention to small details.
- I can solve just about any puzzle in a very short amount of time.
- I can push a button 10 times in one second (yes, it is possible).
- I'm just the slightest bit ADD.
- I tend to do things for other people even if it's an inconvenience to myself.
- I have a rather unnatural dislike of cell phones for someone of my age.
- I don't know what stress feels like. I actually sort of enjoy situations where other people would likely get stressed out.
- I honestly believe that all people should be forced to work retail at least once so that they can learn what all of us who have worked retail eventually realize: the general public is stupid. Individuals aren't, but the general public is. They also happen to be rather lazy and inconsiderate. Don't believe me? Try working retail. You'll learn.
- I have lost 14 people (possibly 15) in my lifetime: 5 or 6 from old age, 1 from alcoholism, 2 from smoking (lung cancer), 1 from cancer, 3 from a sudden massive heartattack, 1 from a rapidly spreading cancer (one that broke our whole family down), and 1 from suicide (one that broke me down). All this perhaps does a better job explaining me and my actions than anything else ever could.
The Most Important Things About Me:
- For all my seeming lack of confidence and desire to be liked by people, at the root of it all, I am completely confident with who and what I am and what I do. If anyone has a problem with me or any of the stuff I like to write, I don't care. Yes, I do want to be liked, but if you don't like me, I couldn't care less. I do and write what I like, and I do not cater. To anyone.
- I apparently have a very different perspective on the world and life in general. I have met and interacted with a lot of people in my life, and I have yet to meet someone who approaches things the way I do. I don't expect anyone to see things from my perspective, but at the very least, I'd like them to understand.
- I won't judge anyone based on what they are, what they feel, or what they believe in. I am of the firm belief that a person's actions as well as their intentions are what define them. To quote one of my favorite movies (and I will possibly be laughed at for this), "The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
- I will always keep an open mind. Despite being very opinionated, I'm also of the firm belief that the whole "you're wrong, I'm right, and here's why" crap is a huge waste of time, because opinions are not truths or facts and therefore can't be proven, only inferred, so trying to show why you're right and they're wrong is both arrogant and pointless. Opinions are not facts and should never be treated as such. Therefore unless said opinion includes blatant disrespect, I will never lash out, because even if I don't agree, I have no right to force my experiences and my way of interpreting things onto anyone else. I very much appreciate honesty even if it's not what I want to hear and even if I don't agree, just so long as it's done tactfully.
- My main goal in life is to not be a hypocrite, or put another way, the golden rule.
Things to know about my writing (and me as an author):
- I get asked this a lot, so I'm gonna say it right from the start. No, I do not plan out my stories :) Despite what many may believe, nothing I write is well thought out. It simply ends up appearing that way due to massive strokes of luck. I tend to take an idea and go with it, and everything just kind of falls into place...somehow.
- It was brought to my attention recently that I have actually been writing for most of my life, ever since I was 3. Although I couldn't write the words myself, I still made stories and then had my mom or dad write them out for me.
- Despite the fact that I may actually believe myself to be a good writer, I'm still always blown away when people actually like what I write. I always go in expecting the worst, and so I'm always pleasantly surprised when I'm proven wrong. So I'm very grateful to every kind word and bit of criticism. It truly means a lot to me :)
- I don't take suggestions. Criticism, yes. Suggestions, no. What I mean by that is that while I will take into consideration the comments that are made on things like content, flow, characterization, whether something is believable, plausible, consistent, etc, I will not do something because someone wants me to or because of their personal opinions. Sometimes something that someone says might spark inspiration, and since my stories are never completely fleshed out down to the last detail, I might throw it in, but otherwise I will not change my ideas due to someone's opinion on the matter. I like hearing about people's opinions or musings, even the negative sort of ones, just so long as there is an understanding that an opinion is not a fact.
- I was once told that I would never be a good writer if I didn't actually read books. I was told to read published works in the genres I was interested in (funny since the reason I started writing in the first place was because I couldn't find any stories that interested me, so I figured I would just write my own). I, however, am an extremely proud person, and so when I'm told I can't do something, I tend to try and prove it wrong. Thus the reason why I can count the number of books I've actually read on just two hands. And in the end, I rather feel like I've succeeded :)
- Things to expect from any story written by me are cliffhangers, drama, a dash of humor, some angst, H/C, and pain (physical, emotional, mental...). It may be a bit sadistic, but I like it when my favorite characters get hurt. I like injuries and people worrying and all that, and so I can't write something without that type of character abuse.
- I put a lot of myself into my writing. My heart, my mind, my philosophies, and my experiences.
So, I've seen others do this, so I figured I may as well too, just in case anyone's interested :)
All my fics are and will be for Merlin :)
1.) Healing Spells (complete)
This fic was so much fun, and thank you to all who have read it. My return to fanfiction was a wonderful one, and I don't think I've ever enjoyed writing something so much :) Honestly, the fic started out with me just wanting to write something that included non-suicidal self-harm. I had the scene all planned out, but I needed a story to work into it, and then one thing led to another, and the fic just kind of exploded into something very long and rather intricate. By some miracle I was able to link everything together in it, which likely made me seem a lot better prepared and a whole lot smarter than I actually am :) Honestly, the whole fic just sort of happened while I was going along, but it was so very much fun to write. I only hope that all the other multi-chapter fics I have ideas for will turn out just as enjoyable :)
2.) Cast Me Gently Into Morning (complete)
Wow, I could probably write a whole essay about this piece. My first real oneshot, although it's broken into two pieces 'cause it got really long :) This fic honestly started with a single line of dialogue and one little scene as well as wanting to write a fic based on the concept of choices and second chances. Also, I wanted to write something that was sad but in a good way. I've been told my style lends itself to angst, so I wanted to try actually writing it for a change. Some of my favorite reading experiences are when the author takes my heart and squeezes, so I wanted to give it a go :) I also just wanted to try something a little different, to write a fic that wasn't entirely linear and that was broken very distinctly into sections. I wanted to incorporate quotes and inserts and make use of flashbacks as well as using the past perfect verb tense. I also wanted to write entirely from one POV and to see how far I could push character limits.
This was by far one of the hardest things I have ever written. The editing process actually took longer than the actual writing, and I spent hours on just a single paragraph at times. It was agonizing, and I probably drove my sister insane while working on it, but it was definitely worth it. It's hard writing angst and drawing on personal experiences and observations. I have watched people that I believed to be strong completely break-down. Everyone has a breaking point, and I just wanted to explore that a bit. It's extremely tempting to write a companion piece from Merlin's POV (and then I could use the second part of the song lyric as it's title: "For the Night has Been Unkind"), but I don't think I could write it, at least not anytime soon. If someone else wants to though, be my guest :)
3.) Beyond the Vale (complete)
I really didn't expect this fic to be as popular as it was due to the slow pace of the storyline, but I guess I was wrong again. The whole story just sort of happened. I had a vague idea of how I wanted it to play out, only knowing a few events. I mostly just wanted to write a non-reveal fic as well as incorporate the knights into a story. I also wanted Arthur to learn a bit more about Merlin without throwing in the magic. It was a lot of fun to write, and now I'm sort of tempted to come up with an original story where I can use my OCs from it. I really enjoyed all the backstory I came up with, and I'm glad everyone else seemed to enjoy it as well :)
4.) Of Twisted Morals and Human Weaponry (complete)
I don't even know where to begin with this one. For a fic I wasn't expecting too many people to like, the outcome completely blew me away. This fic spawned from one conversation/scene that I really wanted to write but that I needed to build a story around in order to write it, and thus this fic was born. I had a great time writing it even though it ended up becoming a lot longer than I had originally anticipated. It was also quite a different experience for me since it wasn't very action driven--Merlin and Arthur spend a lot of time sitting around and separated--and I wasn't exactly building towards some huge, climactic end. Still, this was probably my favorite fic to write thus far, and thank you to everyone who took the time to read it :)
Here are a few top 10 (15,20,25, etc.) lists, because that's easier than listing everything I've seen/like/am interested in:)
Top 20 Favorite Anime (cause 10 isn't enough) not in any particular order except for number 1
1.) Zoids New Century Zero - (This series will always have a special place in my heart)
2.) Slayers - (great combination of action, humor, romance, and epicness)
3.) Fullmetal Alchemist - (wonderfully epic series)
4.) Black Cat - (very pretty and for some reason I just really like it)
5.) Bleach - (awesome series with awesome plot twists and one of the most intriguing villains ever)
6.) Code Geass - (amazing. Horribly sad and tragic, but beautiful and amazing nonetheless)
7.) Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - (words can't describe the epicness. It's like a combination of everything thrown into one series)
8.) Trigun - (one of my first series. Brilliant it is, and perfect in every way)
9.) Cowboy Bebop - (another of my first series. Great combination and very well done)
10.) Dragon Ball Z - (can't help liking it. One of my first really overwhelming obsessions for both me and my younger sis)
11:) Air - (I don't know why I like it so much. It's just so pretty and so horribly sad, not to mention confusing)
12:) Baccano - (Love this series! It's super dark but the characters are brilliant, and the dub is outstanding)
13:) Soul Eater - (wonderful series. I love the characters, and Medusa is one of the best villains ever!)
14:) Fairy Tail - (Love it. Hilarious and epic, and the music is incredible!)
15:) Pokemon - (I have to. I just have to. I especially love the movies)
16.) Durarara!! - (Brilliant! Everything, just brilliant! The story, the art, the characters. One of the best shows I've ever watched)
17.) Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - (So happy they did this. I love the manga, and seeing it animated is wonderful!)
18.) Monster Rancher - (laugh all you want, but I really like this show :)
19.) Digimon - (only seen the first 3 seasons, subbed and dubbed. Love it :)
20.) Ouran High School Host Club - (So good, both subbed and dubbed. Hilarious and heart wrenching all in one)
Top 15 Favorite Manga
1.) Fruits Basket - (this series is amazing and touching and philosophical and just plain beautiful)
2.) Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles - (Amazing! I don't think I've ever read anything with so many plot twists and such deep, angsty characters)
3.) XXXHOLiC - (gorgeous and deep and thoughtful and contains one of my favorite slash pairings ever)
4.) Death Note - (I can't not like it. The anime is good too, but the manga just has more)
5.) Rave Master - (freaking epic and just plain awesome with a great mix of genres)
6.) Yu-Gi-Oh - (It's so violent compared to the anime, and it's absolutely brilliant if still a little cheesy at times)
7.) Chrono Crusade - (so sad but so, so good and beautiful)
8.) Inuyasha - (so long but so much fun, and I really need to go and read the ending)
9.) Chibi Vampire - (also known as Karin. It's just so beautiful and cute and I'm a sucker for a good romance)
10.) Ouran High School Host Club - (it's just so ridiculous and cute and beautiful that I can't help it)
11.) Fairy Tail - (love it! So funny and epic! Hiro Mashima is wonderful and hilarious)
12.) Fullmetal Alchemist - (Brilliant series. Such a great combination of action, drama, angst, and humor)
13.) MAR - (I love this series. Haven't gotten to see the anime yet. So much fun, and so many plot twists!)
14.) GALS! - (I adore this series. There's so much life related stuff in it, and it's just so cute and silly :)
15.) Imadoki - (Short but cute. I love Yu Watase, and this is a very different series by her that's just too fun)
Top 15 Favorite Video Games and video game series
1.) The Final Fantasy series (especially VII, VIII, and IX)
2.) The "Tales of..." series (especially Eternia and Abyss)
3.) Kingdom Hearts (all of it)
4.) Disgaea (all of them)
5.) Ace Attorney (all of it, but especially the first 3)
6.) Fire Emblem (all of it)
8.) Chrono Trigger
9.) Soul Calibur
10.) Mario (all of it, but especially Mario RPG and the Paper Mario games)
11.) Dragon Age
13.) Star Fox
14.) Fantasy Life
15.) Sonic (about half of it)
Top 20 Favorite Movies (not in any particular order)
3.) Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
4.) Iron Man
7.) Sherlock Holmes
8.) The Matrix
9.) National Treasure
10.) The Blindside
11.) Wreck It Ralph
12.) Despicable Me
13.) The Avengers
14.) Kung Pow: Enter the Fist
15.) The Emperor's New Groove
16.) Star Trek XI
17.) Star Trek: Into Darkness
18.) How to Train Your Dragon
Top 10 Favorite TV Shows
2.) Doctor Who
3.) Common Law
7.) In Plain Sight
8.) Avatar: The Last Airbender
9.) Kyle XY
Top 30 Favorite Songs of all Time (these are the songs that struck a chord with me or that mean something to me)
1.) Shattered - Trading Yesterday
2.) So Far Away - Staind
3.) My Sacrifice - Creed
4.) The Best of Me - The Starting Line
5.) Lost Realist - Trapt
6.) Waiting for the World to Fall - Jars of Clay
7.) Tooi Kono Machi De - Naomi Kaitani
8.) Savin' Me - Nickelback
9.) Rain - Patty Griffin
10.) It's My Life - Bon Jovi
11.) My Skin - Natalie Merchant
12.) If I Die Young - The Band Perry
13.) I Hope You Dance - LeeAnn Womac
14.) Uncivil War - Martina McBride
15.) Viva La Vida - Coldplay
16.) Iridescent - Linkin Park
17.) Oraanu Pi - E.S. Pothumus
18.) Bring on the Wonder - Susan Enan
19.) Show Me What I'm Looking For - Carolina Liar
20.) On my Sleeve - Creed
21.) Simon - Lifehouse
22.) Enrai - Do As Infinity
23.) Order Made - Radwimps
24.) Life After You - Daughtry
25.) Rakuen: Paradise - Tsuneo Imahori
26.) Hiding Under Water - Beth Hart
27.) Ichiban no Takaramono - LISA
28.) Let it Burn - Red
29.) Dust and Gold - Arrows to Athens
30.) Contact Redux - Trocadero
Top 15 Favorite Artists/Bands
1.) Bon Jovi
3.) Celine Dion
4.) Kelly Clarkson
7.) Linkin Park
8.) 3 Doors Down
10.) Martina McBride
13.) Ayumi Hamasaki
15.) The Fray
Current Playlist (10 songs that I'm currently listening to on my iPod).
1.) Dust and Gold - Arrows to Athens
2.) I See Fire - Celtic Women's version
3.) Contact - Trocadero
4.) Wherever I Go - OneRepublic
5.) Just Like Fire - P!nk
6.) Bird Set Free - Sia
7.) Cecilia and the Satellite - Korin Bukowski's version
8.) Let it Go - James Bay
9.) Light in the Hallway - Pentatonix
10.) 7 Years - Lukas Graham
Favorite Books (or books I've actually read all the way through, cause it's pretty much the same thing with me)
1:) My Sister's Keeper
2:) Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul
3:) The Polar Express
4:) Ghost Horse series
5:) Harry Potter series (1-4. Haven't read the rest yet)
My HET Pairings (these are some of my ships, past and ongoing)
Bit/Leena from Zoids
Amelia/Zelgadis and Lina/Gourry from Slayers
Luke/Tear from Tales of the Abyss
Keele/Meredy from Tales of Eternia
Ashley/Andros from Power Rangers in Space (yes, I'm a nerd. Me and my sister are well aware of that fact).
Sousuke/Kaname from Full Metal Panic
Seto/Serenity from Yu-Gi-Oh
Akari/Akatsuki from ARIA
Tamari/Shikamaru from Naruto
Ichigo/Rukia from Bleach
Haru/Elie from Rave Master
Jessie/James (Musashi/Koujiro) from Pokemon (please don't laugh)
Miroku/Sango from Inuyasha
Squall/Rinoa from Final Fantasy VIII
Vash/Meryl from Trigun
Vyse/Fina from Skies of Arcadia
Natsu/Lucy, Gajeel/Levy, Gray/Juvia, Erza/Jellal, Freid/Mirajane, and Ever/Elfman from Fairy Tail
Touko/N from Pokemon Black and White (also known as Ferriswheelshipping)
Mei/Hyuu from Pokemon Black and White 2
Robin/Chrom from Fire Emblem: Awakening
BROMANCE/SLASH/YAOI (in no particular order)
Phoenix/Edgeworth from Phoenix Wright
Tsuzuki/Hisoka from Yami no Matsue
Taichi/Yamato from Digimon Adventures
Washington/Tucker and Grif/Simmons from Red Vs Blue (I love RVB. Words cannot express how much).
Doumeki/Watanuki from xxxHOLiC
Kurogane/Fai from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles
Travis/Wes from Common Law (I actually didn't like them as a pairing originally, just as a bromance, and then when I got back into the fandom recently, I gave it another try, and I adore them! I wish this series had gotten more seasons, but even with just 1, it's still one of my favorite shows).
Merlin/Arthur or Merthur from Merlin (words cannot describe my absolute obsession with them, whether it be friendship or slash. Their relationship is a terribly beautiful one).
Shizuo/Izaya or "Shizaya" from Durarara (I can't help it. It didn't even cross my mind until the characters in the series were talking about it. They might be my first actual hate/love relationship. I don't usually fall for those, but there's just something horribly endearing about the two of them. Plus they're my favorite characters :)
K/S from Star Trek XI and Into Darkness (Funny how they are pretty much the pairing that slash was named after, and I am only just now jumping on the bandwagon. For the most part though, I just love those two movies and the characters. I love the bridge crew dynamic, and whether it be slash or friendship, I couldn't care less. If it's written well, odds are I'll love it. Relationships between characters are what draw me into a series, and the bonds between these characters is incredibly touching).
Proof of Insanity:
These have to go somewhere instead of just sitting in my word document, so I thought "hey, might as well shove them here and see if anyone else finds them amusing."
My sister and I (she's a year and 9 months younger than me) have some very interesting conversations, seeing as how we're sort of like best friends and we're both minorly insane in some regards. Here's a bit of our conversations, the ones that had us both in stitches or that were just too ridiculous to not hold on to. My good friend Khrys will make a few appearances here as well, because she has also said some truly spectacular things in my presence. My friend Lauren has been added as well :)
Sis (holding one of my teddy bears): "This guy reminds me of a combination of a gummi bear and a care bear, the grumpy one, cause he’s blue…I want teddy grahms."
Sis: "What’s the point of a cliffhanger if you don’t let people hang off the cliff?"
Khrys (talking about her hot coffee): "Yeah, look at that. It’s so hot it liquefied itself."
Khrys (after I made the mistake of asking for help with my book): "You should set his girlfriend on fire."
Me: "There is no girlfriend."
Khrys: "...You should set his boyfriend-"
Me: "There is no boyfriend!"
Khrys: "...You should set the person he is romantically involved with on fire."
Me: "There is no romantic person!"
Khrys: "Yes, because they were set on fire."
Me (to my sis): "Stop rubbing the incense stick all over my bear statue!"
Me (about my sister's ridiculous piece of hanger artwork that she hooked onto my bed): "It's a mess."
Sis: "It's art."
Me: "It's a mess."
Sis: "...Of art."
Sis (after showing me a flip video she made on her DS with stick figures): "I made the red so you’d know there was blood and he died."
Me: "He slipped on a banana peel and died!?"
Me: "You idiot! You don’t slip on a banana peel and die!"
Sis: "The ground was very sharp."
Sis (after I hurt my ankle): "Can I drop this bowl on your ankle?"
Sis: "But it’ll help."
Me: "No it won’t!"
Sis: "It’s a therapeutic bowl."
Me: "No it’s not! You’re an idiot!"
Sis: "You just don’t see its hidden potential. It’s therapeutic. Let’s try it."
Me: "You’re sad and pathetic."
Sis: "Oh yeah? Well you’re sad or pathetic! Take that!"
Me: "Sad or pathetic? At least I’m not both."
Sis: "You’re just incapable of being both."
Me: "That’s a compliment you idiot. You are really bad at this. "
Me: "I'll buy you a pony if you eat my bacon beans."
My mom (talking to me): "Your uncle was right, you are veal. When the aliens come, they’ll eat you first, and then they’ll wonder why the rest of us aren’t as tender and don’t taste as good."
Sis (throws her stuffed sheep at my head): "Pizza pasta salad attack!"
Me: "That is not pasta salad."
Sis: "...Substituted with a sheep."
Me (while playing a video game): "I'm very benevolent and...why won't you just die?!"
Me: "...Shut up, I'm benevolent!"
Sis (hitting herself in the head with her foam hammer)
Me (with my foam battle axe): "Why are you hitting yourself? We're supposed to be hitting each other."
Sis: "It’s all part of my plan! To take away the joy you get from hitting me by doing it myself!"
Me (lying on the floor with sis trying to kick me): "Stop kicking me!"
Sis: "You said I was a horrible person."
Me: "Yeah, so you should be trying to prove it wrong!"
Sis: "It's already wrong, so I'm going to prove it right. I'm sure that makes sense...somehow."
Sis: "It's a word!"
Khrys: "First they took my crane and then my chopsticks, but I have a spoon, so it's okay!"
Sis: "It's an important decision! It could decide the fate of my fate!"
Lauren: "I keep seeing people I know but I don't know them."
Lauren (about coin flipping): "So you'll play with people's lives but not with nickels?"
Sis: "This cup is wrong."
Me: "What's it say?"
Sis: "Technology is good but people are better."
Khrys: "What? That's a lie! You can beat technology without any consequences."
Khrys and Sis: "*insert ridiculous comment here*"
Me (staring at them): "If I knew how to look incredulous, I would."
Khrys: "...If I knew what that word meant..."
Sis: "*goes to Dictionary.com*"
Sis: "You want to donate your money to the My Poor Little Sister Has No Money Fund. Your money is guaranteed to get to where you sent it, and you'll be able to relax knowing it will be wisely spent."
Sis: "If I mess up, I could get fined and go to jail."
Mom: "What? It means that if you forged the check and tried to cash it that you'd get fined. There's nothing wrong with your check."
Sis: "But what if they sent me a forged check just so they could get more money out of me?"
Mom: "...The United States Government did not send you a forged check."
Me: "Stalking with good intentions is perfectly acceptable!"
Sis (Playing the new Super Mario Bros): "He deserves to die because he keeps dying so much! It makes sense!"
Sis (message she left me on my laptop): "Hello my sister! You’ll never guess who this is! Oh wait, oh crap. :\"
Me (watching sis play Mario Galaxy 2): "You should have just bumped into the spongy thing. It would’ve prevented you from falling off the edge instead of jumping off."
Sis: "It was scary."
Me: "And jumping off the edge isn’t scary?"
Sis: "I already know the outcome of that."
Me: "Why is your balloon crashing into mine? You can’t even fly a fake airballoon properly!"
Sis: "I was just making it more realistic."
Me (talking to sis about all the destruction in my books): "Because I am fond of murdering people."
Me: "...In stories!"
Me: "I just wasted five hours uploading stuff into movie maker that wasn't going to work anyway! It's not fair! I could've been doing something constructive!"
Sis: "Isn't that the story of your life?"
Me: "Why does everyone keep turning into depressed hobos?!"
Sis: "You should wear my hobo gloves."
Me: "I don't want to wear your hobo gloves!"
Sis: "But they're so hobo-y!"
Sis: "It’s a good thing you weren’t listening to me."
Me: "Why, did you say something stupid?"
Me: "I should just assume you did, seeing as how most of the stuff you say is stupid. At least half of it is. Actually, it’s probably more than half. In fact, it’s extremely rare that something you say isn’t stupid."
Sis: "Okay, you can stop now."
Sis: "A thief who steels thoughts would be really scary. Why would you want to steel other people’s thoughts? I wouldn’t want to."
Me: "Why, it’s not like you have any of your own."
Sis: "…I know where you sleep."
Me: "I would hope so, we’ve been living in this house for years."
Sis: "You know what?"
Sis: "…Your face! Take that! Yes, I went there."
Me (describing an episode of Slayers): "It’s every ridiculous melodrama cliche mixed into one episode with magic and fish people."
Me: "All my pens are either dead or ugly looking."
Sis: "Like zombies."
Sis: "My teddy bear thinks I'm the smartest person in the world."
Me: "Then he's incredibly misinformed...or delusional...or naive...or brainwashed."
Sis: "Hey! I do not brainwash teddy bears!"
Sis: "That was kind of a strange sentence."
Me (watching sis play video games): "We have a lot of faith in you being slaughtered...eventually."
Sis: "Well at least you have faith in me for something."
Sis: "I thought I said more words than I thought I said."
Lauren: "Eating Jigglypuff tastes like all your hopes and dreams...dying."
Khrys (talking about playing Civilization and nuking): "No, I was nice and friendly and gave stuff to people. And then, one night, I had mountain dew…and things got a little crazy. I decided that Switzerland had to go."
Me: "They're merchants of doom."
Sis: "They sell doom?"
Me: "I wonder what doom looks like."
Sis: "How do you put a price on doom?"
Sis: "I always lie. Ha, I made a paradox!"
Me: "How dare you defend yourself from my attacks!?"
Me: “Stop playing with my piano.”
Sis: “But it wants to play a song for you.”
Me: “No it doesn’t.”
Sis: “How do you know what it wants?”
Me: “Because it’s my piano. I know what it wants.”
Sis: “It says it doesn’t like you making decisions for it, and that it is perfectly capable of thinking on its own.”
Me: “But aren’t you making decisions for it?”
Sis: “Shut up. You weren’t supposed to notice that glaringly obvious flaw.”
Sis (playing Paper Mario): "Well, I’m dead. And he only has 2 hp left…maybe if he misses…yes!"
Me: "Oh my gosh."
Sis: "I won!"
Me: "You have 1 HP. Talk about by the skin of your teeth."
Sis: "I won, and that’s all that matters. Look, he called me a masterful fighter."
Me: "More like a lucky idiot."
Sis: "Shh! He doesn’t need to know that."
Me: “I’m not accomplishing anything with you in here.”
Sis: “You’re accomplishing talking to me, and that’s the greatest accomplishment of all.”
Sis (playing Tales of Graces): "Oh, I found a save point...and dead people. Those are always good signs."
Sis (playing Tales of Graces): *Snooping in random NPC's closet and finds raw pork* "..."
Sis and me: "Why is there pork in the closet?!"
Sis (playing Disgaea 4): "Okay, who wants to be a sacrifice?"
Me: "What is wrong with you? This is supposed to be a strategy game."
Sis: "Sacrificing people is a strategy."
Sis: "Just because it's not a good strategy doesn't mean it's not a strategy."
Me: "Hey! That wasn't very nice. I only poked you."
Sis: "What are you talking about? It was a perfectly reasonable response to being poked."
Me: "You're kind of an idiot."
Sis: "What, only kind of?"
Ness: "Shattering dreams is my pastime."
Ness (while we're at Caribou): "How do you feel?"
Khrys (working on a paper): "Despair. I should write 'despair.' ...How do you spell despair?"
Ness: "Misspell it. That'll make it sadder."
Sis (about the cups stacked next to her and Khrys): "I only just noticed those."
Khrys: "I'm going to pretend I noticed them earlier."
Sis (fighting a boss in Tales of Legendia): "Ha, yes!"
Me: *sigh* "Throwing an old man..."
Sis: "He's attacking me!"
Sis: "...He started it!"
Sis (playing Tales of Legendia): "The Forest of No Return. If you bought a product there, you can never return it. Dun dun dun!"
Sis (playing Tales of Legendia): "I will defeat him...with the power of Heinz Ketchup!"
Me: "...What? The power of ketchup?"
Sis: "All my characters are on level 57."
Sis (playing Tale of Legendia): "I'm not lost, I'm just...deviating from the correct direction."
Sis: "Hey is for horses and Oi is for oysters."
Me: "Oysters don’t eat ois."
Sis: "They would if they were cannibals that only ate part of the oysters."
Me (watching sis play Tales of Legendia and snickering): "It says you can completely lose your sense of direction here."
Sis: "Ha! I didn’t have that to begin with."
Me: "You sound so proud of yourself."
Sis (with a bag of gummi bears): "Um…what if it says june 13, 2012?"
Sis: "Let’s be honest. They’re gummi bears. Do they really expire?"
Me: "I think they probably just get kinda hard."
Sis (holds one out): "Wanna be the first one to try it?"
Sis: "I mean, I so generously offer you this gummi bear."
Me (on google translate for Japanese): "Ahh, I wanted Vortex of doom, but it keeps giving me the wrong word. I don’t want 'unmei.'"
Sis: "Why are you looking for Vortex of Doom?"
Me: "...What’s another term for doom? Approaching death?"
Me (a few minutes later): "…There! Vortex of despair. I like that better."
Sis: "Why are you…? *sigh* Why were you looking up vortex of doom?"
Me: "It just popped into my head."
Sis: "...Is this how it normally feels to be you?"
Sis: "Is this how it feels to be you? Our positions have been reversed."
Me: "Probably. You’re probably feeling that sighing, exasperated, “what are you doing, you idiot” feeling that I usually feel when talking to you."
Sis: "No stupidity has ever been said by me."
Me: "…I’m writing that down. Because it’s obviously a lie."
Sis: "It’s not a lie. Truer words have never been spoken."
Sis: "I totally didn’t go in a giant circle."
Me: "You did, didn’t you."
Sis: "No! Which was why I said I didn’t."
Me: "Do you even know where you're going?"
Sis: "Do you even need to ask that question at this point?"
Sis: "Oh, that’s right! I changed it to both of the buttons so I wouldn’t forget."
Me: "You already forgot?"
Sis: "…No, of course not. I was just testing you."
Me: "You don’t eat statues."
Sis: "How do you know? Maybe in their world, they do."
Sis (fighting a glowing dragon in Tales of Legendia): "He’d make a good nightlight."
Sis: "Why do I always want to use epic creatures for stupid mediocre things?"
Sis (with a dinner plate on her lap and the game controller by her feet): "You know what food means…"
Me: "It means you play like an idiot."
Sis: "That’s how I usually play. Oh, zing!"
Sis: *Playing Rune Factory 4* "I need 2 potatoes."
Sis: "I'm shipping vegetables. It's for a quest."
Me: "When you say shipping, you mean shipping, right? Not like character...
Sis: "No! I mean delivering... Yeah, I'm shipping potatoes and carrots. Potato plus carrot. My new OTP!"
Sis: "What are you writing?"
Me: "I’m just writing down some stupidity."
Sis: "Well, then it can’t be anything I’ve said."
That's all for now, I guess :)