Poll: What's your gender? Vote Now!
Author has written 5 stories for Naruto, Legend of Zelda, and Bleach.
So, as many of you might know, I have issues with the Japanese language and could use some help translating it. My old translator is pretty inconsistent on here, so if there are any people fluent in Japanese that would like to help me with translations, please PM me ASAP.
Alban55's Top Five Stories Written by him.
5. Amenaza: I know what you're all thinking: "But... but, how can Amenaza be at the bottom? It's your most popular story, it gave you so much attention, and it's awesome!" Yes, I get that Amenaza is my most popular story. It has the most reviews, most favs, and most follows by a long shot, if only because it is the story that has the most progress on it. And yet, I just like it the least. Keep in mind that I don't hate or even dislike it, in fact, I love writing it! It's just... not that good, in my opinion. Taking a look at my earlier chapters gives me a headache, the flow is awful, the characters are stupid, but that's not all. Back when I was first writing this thing, I wanted something different out of writing, and it shows in Amenaza. The best way I can put it is that there is no depth to Amenaza beyond Fight, fight, fight, and that is why it is at the bottom.
4. Natural Talent: If you talked to me a few months ago, I would've told you that this is my least favorite of my own work. It wasn't going anywhere, I had no plan, and frankly it was kinda boring when compared to my other stories. But recently I've come to grasp what I want out of it, so my opinion has changed. I have a more cohesive plan on what to do with this, and going further I can tell I'm going to like it more. The reason it's this low is that I still think it's kind of boring when compared to my other work. Rather, the idea isn't as creative I don't think, and there doesn't seem to be anything that makes it stand out.
3. Crossing the Styx: This might be jumping the gun a little bit, considering that there is only a 1,000 word prologue up at the time of me writing this, but I'm going to put this story at this spot regardless of that fact. To me, this is just something that I know is going to turn out fairly well. Lately I've been beginning to think that this is going to be what Amenaza should have been. In terms of style, it's going to be closer to Amenaza than any of my other stories, but I believe I can make this one turn out better. Even though it is only a short prologue in, I already feel that it's better than Amenaza purely because of that.
2. One Twentieth of a Whole: This one's a weird one for me. Considering how much I update it, you'd think I didn't like this one at all. On the contrary, I actually like it quite a bit. Certain people have begged for updates on it (you know who you are), and frankly I would really like to update. It's just hard. That's all. I honestly do think it's some of my better work. Going back to the Amenaza argument, I feel like this one has a lot more depth to it than Amenaza or even Natural Talent, and that's why I like it more. In addition to that, I'm making use of an idea that I've never seen done before, and I think that's one of the story's strong points.
1. Masked Demon Vessel: By far my favorite of my own work, and my best story in my opinion. Even though there's only four chapters to it currently, what I have for it is what I think to be the best chapters I've ever written. Writing this is like One Twentieth of a Whole times ten in terms of difficulty. I have to be in the perfect state of mind to be able to work on it, and I think it shows. It is definitely the most well flowing and emotional of my own works, and also the one that I feel has the best characterization so far.
Howdy, I'm Alban55 and my name and location I don't want you to know.
Okay, so I've decided to put up a couple polls to try and figure out some demographics of my readerbase and find out who my target audience. The first one you can see right up there asks for a general age. The second one asks for a gender. We'll see the results of the first one in a week or two, at which point I'll put up the second poll. Keep in mind that I might shift back and forth between the two if I feel I haven't got a big enough sample.
Age: Take a guess...
The things I like: Tennis, writing, reading fanfics, history, sleeping, my family, food, plants, cold weather, messing with my friends, etc.
The things I dislike: Hot weather, math, assholes, mayonnaise, speedos, shock sites, heat exhaustion, bad puns, work, most pairings, yaoi, bad fanfiction.
I have decided to do away with all scheduled update times, due to the fact that it rushes me to get things out by the scheduled date, and the quality of my work suffers as a result. I apologize for the inconvenience, but this is just the way I work as an author.
Amenaza: With Naruto's death, he changes into a Hollow. This single death changes the lives and afterlives of many. And it's not exactly for the better.
Current # of Chapters: 57
Average # of reviews per Chapter: 45.2
Amenaza reached 100,000 hits on February 6, 2011.
Amenaza reached 200,000 hits on June 10, 2011.
Amenaza reached 300,000 hits on November 12, 2011.
Amenaza reached 400,000 hits on March 14, 2012.
Amenaza reached 500,000 hits on July 9, 2012.
Amenaza reached 600,000 hits on September 9, 2012.
Amenaza reached 700,000 hits on November 21, 2012.
Amenaza reached 800,000 hits on March 3, 2013
Amenaza reached 900,000 hits on May 16, 2013
Amenaza reached 1,000,000 hits on September 8, 2013
Amenaza reached 1,100,000 hits on December 4, 2013
One Twentieth of a Whole: No one has ever been able to become a true Bijuu, Jinchuuriki or otherwise. Naruto is the first one to achieve this, despite not being used for the sealing. But, how will Naruto be affected by this turn of events.
Current # of Chapters: 12
Average # of reviews per Chapter: 46.8
One Twentieth of a Whole reached 100,000 hits on January 28, 2013.
Natural Talent: The ninja world's seedy underside is teeming with many unsavory aspects. Due to unfortunate circumstances, Naruto will get involved with the often disregarded gangs, crime, and politics of the ninja world. With so much exposure to these aspects, will Naruto come out the brave and idealistic ninja that is idolized in Konoha?
Current # of Chapters: 7
Average # of reviews per Chapter: 14.2
Masked Demon Vessel: Every year, a festival is held to honor the defeat of the Kyuubi. However, Naruto is excluded from most events in the festival, and is not even allowed to wear the traditional masks that come with it. In fact, all the salesmen seem to ignore him. . . except for a strange, grinning salesman who has just dropped into town. . . with his evil looking mask.
Current # of Chapters: 6
Average # of reviews per Chapter: 39
Crossing the Styx: The Shiki Fuujin is a seal that allows the user to remove a soul at the expense of another. Usually it is the user's soul that is removed, but one facet of the seal is that the Shinigami is always the one who chooses.
Current # of Chapters: 1
Average # of reviews per Chapter: 39
Alban55's Death Threat Counter: 8
"Math. It makes me want to kill. . . everyone." -Me
"I'm feeling full. . . . . like an expectant momma!" -Sander Cohen (Bioshock)
"She's beautiful, she's rich, she's got huge. . . . tracts of land." -King of Swamp Castle (Monty Python and the Holy Grail)
"Killing you and giving you good advice aren't mutually exclusive." -GLaDOs (Portal)
"I AM ERROR" - (Zelda II: The Adventure of Link)
"Life's like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." -Forrest Gump (Forrest Gump)
"Lizzie Borden took an axe, gave her mother forty whacks. When she saw what she had done, she gave her father forty one." -Nursury Rhyme. (This is just demented on so many levels, especially considering it's a NURSERY RHYME).'
"It's been a long time. How have you been? I've been really busy being dead. You know. . . . . after you murdered me." -GLaDOS (Portal 2)
Fanfiction Pet Peeves
High School Fics: Okay, these are probably some of the worst fanfiction on the site. Not only is it littered with yaoi, there's also no plot and extremely bad writing and grammar. For the people who write this shit, who really wants to read about wangsty teenagers who cry every time they get a paper cut. These stories seriously need to stop clogging up FF.net
Fem-Naruto: Basely, I don't have a problem with these stories. However, 99% of the time, the author reveals that Naruto is a girl completely out of the blue, with no preparation beforehand.
Naruto/Hp Crossovers: I used to like these, but now they just plain suck.
Walls of Text: If I wanted to be blind, I would've gone and made myself that way.
Poor Spelling and Grammar: Yeah. No one wants to see you write at a first-grade level. The fact that there's often first-grade humor in here makes it even worse.
Demands: Occasionally, I get reviews from people who demand that I put something in my story. This isn't constructive criticism where people tell what they liked and didn't like, nor is it a question or request to put something in. This is a DEMAND. For example, a demanding review will be like "make it such and such" or "it should be like this". Note that they don't explain anything wrong with the existing material, so it isn't constructive criticism. You know how insulting it is for me to have someone order me WHAT to write. If it was someone telling me HOW to write or asking me to do something, then it would be a different story. But no, it seems like they're ordering me to take the plot and characters in a certain direction, and it just irks the shit out of me.
Know-it-Alls: Another problem with reviewers, and may tie in to the demands. This one is about the people who think they know what the hell is going to happen BEFORE I'VE EVEN WRITTEN IT. If something doesn't go their predicted route on the way, they're baffled by it, and sometimes think it's wrong, which can possibly lead to a demand. Sometimes, I can imagine that they feel obligated to a particular turnout. Just to clarify, YOU. ARE. NOT. THE. WRITER. Just because you think something is going to go the way you planned doesn't mean it will, so shut the fuck up and talk about it AFTER I've actually written it.
OC's: This is not a rant about the concept, but a rant about the people who complain about it. Honestly, I don't see the problem with it. Yes, I hate Mary-Sues and Self-Inserts as much as the next guy, but there are stories with this completely relevant to the plot. Honestly, I've seen people stop reading a perfectly good story just because there are a couple of OC's in it. Speaking of Self-Inserts though. . .
Self-Inserts: What the fuck? Why would you insert yourself into an already existing world? Unless its done as a parody, this is very, very tasteless. And it's not just the obvious, new character deals to. I also hate it when authors who project themselves onto an already pre-existing character. They may think its subtle, but I can sense some similarities in personalities between you and the main character, so you're not fooling anyone.
OOCness: See OC's
When an author starts their summary with "What if". Starting off a summary like that is basically a guarantee that the fic is going to be bad. Really bad.
Unsafe External Link