Author has written 5 stories for Brigadoon, Ouran High School Host Club, Family Complex/ファミリー・コンプレックス, Detective Conan/Case Closed, Tenchi Muyo, and Death Note.
Currently: We're on vacation so as to get the creative juices flowing again, since we've both been getting some writers block
Hello! Mounkey here! My friend James and I (both girls BTW) decided it would be fun to share an account. So, here it is :P
Actually, we're high school friends who now attend two different colleges and this is kind of how we're staying in touch. We tried doing video blogs on Youtube, but there were some practicality issues (not the least of which being my obsessive compulsive need to sync anime with every video I made >_O Very time consuming) So we decided to change our (week)daily Youtube responses to (week)daily fanfiction.net uploads... Ha ha, thus this account was born! (BTW: Here's the URL for our old channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MounkeyJames)
Of course, not being able to let well enough alone, I took it upon myself (in the middle of math class actually, which I don't recommend) to come up with a more complicated version of the rules... Which are as follows.
1) Instead of just having one fanfiction, since it's an account we could have several going, with one fanfiction per anime/story (like if we get Harry Potter going)
2) No alternative universe fanfictions. (Because, personally, it just gets confusing trying to sort out what's established and what's not the case because it's another world... @_@)
3) No posting on the same fanfiction twice in a row; this is just to keep any one story from being particularly monopolized, but since there's no maximum to how much you write in any one chapter if you really want to control the flow of the story you can: as long as you do it in one sitting...
4)Minimum of 100 words in a chapter. This is only counting the story, not the little comments we make to each other about the real world or anything like it.
5) Since this is a big project (as I noticed trying to make an amv to every video when we were vloging V_V) and since we will probably have to skip some days because of homework overload, I propose we change “punishment for missing” to “reward for being on time”. Basically, every Friday, if it's our turn to post we get a point (so, since I'm starting today you'll get one tomorrow... LOL) which we can keep track of on our profile. We can then spend our points if we don't post on our day for whatever reason. In my case, I'll be trying to save mine for days when a) a hurricane hits or we loose power for whatever reason or b) I'm just overwhelmed that day, but if you want to, you could choose to spend your point tomorrow and that would be fine. Anyway, this way seems a bit more practical for college life. Plus I'm not feeling creative enough to come up with a fanfiction oriented punishment. -_-
6) This one isn't really a rule as much as a guideline (and personal plea). Try to keep original characters to a minimum. Some are OK (like a villain or minor character) but let's try not to overshadow the main characters. (And even though I post this the first thing I do is set up the introduction of an OC in our first fanfiction... sigh Well, now I guess I can't be harsh if James does it, can I? LOL...) Basically, we should just remember that we're writing FANfictions, so we should try to keep with the spirit of the show.
7) If we post when it's not our day then we also get a point, this is also true if we post more then the agreed to one on our day. (This is kind of like saying: I'll post now so I won't have to later)
8) Passing 1000 words also adds an additional point. Plus I suppose another point for every 1000 past that. I'll have to bounce that idea off James.
So, yep! That's basically the rundown. Please treat us kindly!
Oh ya, here are the points.
Oh! And we love comments! Did you love it? Were you disappointed? We love hearing responses for just about anything!... Well, except getting death threats if we don't update O_o That ain't cool. If you really like a story; comment on it, and if you don't specifically tell us that you don't want us to continue, then we'll probably figure you do. Huh. I guess this kind of turned into a public service announcement didn't it? Ha... (You can always tell that I'm writing something late when I put a lot of laughter in it... I always seem to type laughter when I'm tired...)
Unsafe External Link