Author has written 9 stories for Naruto, Oh My Goddess!, Trigun, Pokémon, Rosario + Vampire, Bleach, and One Piece.
"I've past this 'event', all the 'flags' are lined up. I can already see the ending"
"It doesn't matter who you are, you cannot escape from me."
"I... I am... I LOVE YOU!"
"This is my 9,999th capture, there is no gal/game I can't solve! O' World Prostrate Thyself Before Me!"
In walks little (read demon) sister.
Elsea: "Kami-Nii-sama, why are you still on the computer. We have another escaped spirit to catch. So we have to find the girl it's hidden in."
CaptureGod:"Besides 3D girls have such dull parameters, not like 2D girls. LONG LIVE 2D GIRLS!!"
El:"We can't just let a spirit run around, you know what will happen to us."
CG: "!?" loosens imaginary rope around neck. "Ok, lead the way."
El:"Hai!" runs off in a trail of dust, dust settles and CG never moved. Elsea to focused to notice no one is following.
CG:"Now where d i put that manual for fixing imaginary robot girls. " digs through junk in room.
You won't stop laughing: The Boulder's Feelings
All things Ninja: The Glomp Project
This is weird, but interesting! If you can raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too. Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can. I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed erveylteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!Paste this to your profile if you can read this!
Writing Tips from ObidianSickle
Some people have asked me about tips about writing. So I thought I'd share. :)
1) Try to avoid using the verb "to be". Instead of saying "she was walking down the path", say "she walked down the path". Instead of "I am sleeping in a cold, damp place", try "I sleep in a cold, damp place." The verb "to be" is an overused verb when we speak. If you can eliminate as many "am"s, "are"s, "is"s, and "was"s, your writing will become much more powerful. It's not always possible to get rid of all of those words, but the more you can get rid of, the better.
2) Try not to use words that modify adjectives. For example: very, really, super, so, etc. Instead of saying "The water was very hot", try using a word that describes the hot water. "The water was scalding." Even just saying "The water was hot" makes the writing more powerful.
3) Using vague words like thing and stuff, should be avoided. "It" is also one to be avoided, but it's okay in smaller quantities.
4) Try and use poetic words. Use a thesaurus. Microsoft Word Thesaurus is okay, but there are some online ones that are better, and a Roget Thesaurus is one of the best.
5) Avoid using the same words to start each sentence. "It blah blah blah. It blah blah blah. It blah blah blah." Gets boring fast. Try mixing up your clauses a bit.
6) When using dialogue, don't always use "said" when when you want your readers to hear the character speak a certain way. Use other words: growled, whispered, muttered, whimpered. The thesaurus is a good place to look. You can throw a clause in too. For example: "Don't talk to me like that," she put the plate on the table, "I don't like it." If you want a person to pay special attention to the dialogue and not so much what the people are doing, only use said. "Look over there," she said,"An avalanche." The word "said" becomes invisible to the reader and the eyes travel over it without registering it. It becomes more of a tag, just to let the reader mentally know who is speaking.
7) Don't use exclamation marks. The writing tone becomes cheesy and over-dramatic when you use them. If you must use them, use one every 500 words, as a rule of thumb.
8) Show people what happens in the dialogue. Don't tell them. Instead of saying "he was absolutely terrified!"(very bad sentence), use words that instill fear, or make the character act in ways that show he is scared. Make him fidget, make him tremble, or not look people in the eyes. Don't tell us what a character is feeling, but instead what he does so that we can see how he feels.
Kurt Vonnegut's Tips on Writing:
The Situation in Hell
The following is supposedly an actual question given on a University of Washington chemistry mid-term. The answer by one student was so "profound" that the professor shared it with colleagues, via the Internet, which is, of course, why we now have the pleasure of enjoying it as well.
Bonus Question: Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic (absorbs heat)?
Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's Law (gas cools when it expands and heats when it is compressed) or some variant.
One student, however, wrote the following:
First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate at which souls are moving into Hell and the rate at which they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving.
As for how many souls are entering Hell, let's look at the different Religions that exist in the world today. Most of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there is more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell.
With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially. Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand proportionately as souls are added.
This gives two possibilities:
1. If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.
2. If Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.
So which is it?
If we accept the postulate given to me by Teresa during my Freshman year that, "it will be a cold day in Hell before I go out with you", and take into account the fact that I went out with her last night, then number 2 must be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic and has already frozen over.
The corollary of this theory is that since Hell has frozen over, it follows that it is not accepting any more souls and is therefore, extinct . . . leaving only Heaven, thereby proving the existence of a divine being which explains why, last night, Teresa kept shouting "Oh my God."
THIS STUDENT RECEIVED THE ONLY "A."
*I stole this off Kenchi618's profile, so props to him, and props to whoever wrote this*
Your Past, My Future
Zero laughed as he climbed into her knightmare, but when he looked at the outdated, archaic controls, he stopped.
"What kind of joke is this? This piece of junk can't even fly!"
Naruto, One Man Team
"Aw but I really wanted to see my friends. Maybe you saw them. One was probably scratching away fleas and carries a little dog with him, the other boy probably had a storm cloud permanently raining on his parade."
Naruto: A Warriors Crisis
I tilted my head in confusion. "Horse-man said what?" Chiron gave me a confused glance. "What?"
"Uncle Gai have you been performing illegal cloning experiments on yourself? Is he your secret love child or something or did you turn someone normal into a copy of you?"
My Snow Girl
Tsukune slipped the ring onto a finger on his right hand. His hair and eyes changed, even his skin became darker. "How do I look?"
"Like you did when you first came here," Mizore told him. "Really?" "Yes," Mizore nodded. "You look like a scared helpless virgin again."
The one on the bucket began to sing, "There once was a girl from Nantucket Who crossed the sea in a bucket, And when she got there They asked for a fare So she pulled up her dress and said– " "Silencio," Professor Pod cast.
Uncle Iroh from Avatar:
It's a long, long way to Ba-Sing-Se But the girls in the city They look so pretty--! They kiss so sweet That you really got to meet The girls from Ba-Sing-Se--!
Hey, hey visit my profile at deviantART