Author has written 5 stories for One Piece, How to Train Your Dragon, and Ouran High School Host Club.
Hey guys! Darkness34 here, I'd like to thank you for visiting my profile, whether you just happened to find me or you enjoy my writing. Though you should know that I'm both a terribly lazy and busy person and I hardly ever update, sorry. It doesn't matter. I just hope you enjoy your stay while you're here in my own personal sanctuary.
Link to my Wattpad account: http://www.wattpad.com/user/CanYouHearMeScream
A Note to Self
1. There will be several days that you daydream about stepping in front of a city bus. Don’t. It will not be beautiful. It will not be brave. It will be selfish. It will be broken. Your mother will cry.
2. Don’t write for him. Write for you. Write for others like you. Write so the girl that thinks about stepping in front of public transportation doesn’t. Don’t be selfish.
3. When you will yourself to sleep and it doesn't come- get up. It doesn't matter that it’s 3 am. There will be other 3 am’s. Take a shower. Take two. Wash him out of your hair. Write a poem. Read the same book you've read 202 times again. The 203rd time might tell you something different. Don’t stay in bed- you will think about the bus again.
4. Don’t kiss him because he’s broken. Don’t kiss him because his laughter never reaches his eyes. Don’t try and fix him. Fix yourself first. Be selfish. He can’t save you.
5. Date yourself. Take yourself out to eat. Don’t share your popcorn at the movies with anyone. Stroll around an art museum alone. Fall in love with canvases. Fall in love with yourself.
6. Dress up and wear red lipstick and get drunk with your friends. They’re the ones that will pick you up. Don’t kiss him. Or him. Don’t fall asleep on strange couches with strange boys. When his hand slides up your dress walk away. Hit him. Don’t kiss him. He can’t save you.
7. Get another tattoo. Get five more. Get another hole in your ear. Don’t listen to your dad. You will still be able to get a job. Did you really want to be employed by someone like your father? Haven’t you had enough of judgmental old white men anyway? Get fuck you tattooed in tiny letters on your hip.
8. When you feel the yearning for a new city- start over. Take 200 bucks and a three suitcases. Work anywhere that will have you. Meet strange people and forget your name. Call yourself Ruby. No one will know the difference. Remember to call your mother. Don’t be selfish. Come home when you find yourself in the strangers and the small one bedroom apartment.
9. Don’t whisper evil things into your own ear. Other people are going to shout them at you. Be your own hero. Keep a sword on your key ring.
10. Don’t step in front of a city bus. It will not be beautiful. Live. Stay up all night with a boy that promises you everything and means it. Live. See shitty local bands with a friend. Wear a different band’s t-shirt. No one will care. Live. Have a baby girl with tiny fingers and tiny toes someday. Pour love into her until it’s overflowing. Live. Wake up. Staying in bed all day is not poetic.
Do you hear that? It’s me. It’s your life. Wake up.
Point One-When the world says, "Give up,"
Point Two- To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. e.e. Cummings, 1955
Point Three- Look, I don't want to wax philosophic, but I will say that if you're alive you've got to flap your arms and legs, you've got to jump around a lot, for life is the very opposite of death, and therefore you must at very least think noisy and colorfully, or you're not alive. Mel Brooks
Point Four- Trust that little voice in your head that says "Wouldn't it be interesting if..." And then do it. Duane Michals, "More Joy of Photography"
And finally, Point Five- Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. Author Unknown and also If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces, never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again. Flavia Weedn, Flavia and the Dream Maker
If opportunity does not knock, build a door. - Milton Berle
I often stood in front of the mirror alone, wondering how ugly a person could get. - Charles Bukowski
Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light. I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night. - Sarah Williams
The history of the world, my pet. Is learn forgiveness and try to forget. - Sweeney Todd
"It's always with this disappointed scowl, like someone skimmed the meat off his sandwich. Excuse me bar maid, I'm afraid you brought me the wrong offspring! I ordered for an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side! This 'ere, this is a talkin fish bone!" "Now, you're thinkin about it this all wrong. It's not so much what you LOOK like he can't stand, it's what's INSIDE." ". . . thank you, for summing that up." -Hiccup and Gobber, How To Train Your Dragon
"Oh yeah, perfect. And when I'm busy, Hiccup can cover the stall. Molten steel, razor sharp blades, lots of time to himself. What could possibly go wrong?" -Gobber, HTTYD "Trolls exist! They steal your socks! But only the left ones. Huh, what's with that?" -Gobber, HTTYD
"When I was a boy-" "Oh here we go." "-my father told me to bang my head against a rock. I did it. I thought it was crazy, but I did it. And you know what happened?" "You got a headache." -Stoick and Gobber, HTTYD (gee, talk about hard headed, right?)
Candace: Phineas, I'm not gonna get on a silly little tricycle. Phineas: But Candace, we're in a hurry, just get on the tricycle an- Candace: There is no way I will- Phineas: GET ON THE TRIKE! Candace: *gets on the trike* -'Summer Belongs to You!'
"I'm- I'm sorry, I'm just having trouble processing this right now. *Perry hands him a pamphlet*'So you've discovered your pet is a secret agent' - *throws pamphlet away* I don't want your pamphlet!" -Phineas, 'Across the 2nd Dimension'
"Anyone else here living a bizarre double life? *Ferb raises his hand* Put your hand down, Ferb. *Ferb lowers his hand*" -Phineas, 'Across the 2nd Dimension
"Excuse me? Excu- are you lookin to me? Did you rub my lamp? Did you wake me up? Did you bring me here? And all of the sudden, you're walkin out on me? I don't think so, not right now, you're getting your wishes, so SIDDOWN!!!!!!!" -Genie, 'Aladdin'
Genie: "Rika racka ricka ricka rake! Stick a sword into that snake!" Jafar as a snake: "You sssstay out of this!" Genie: "*monotone* Jafar, Jafar, he's our man, if he can't do it, GREAT!!!" -'Aladdin'
"Your son is awake." "Before sunrise, he's your son." -Sarabi and Mufasa (Simba's parents), 'The Lion King'
Timon: So, what's your plan for getting past those guys? Simba: Live bait. Timon: Good idea. Hey! Simba: Come on, Timon, you guys have to create a diversion! Timon: Whaddyou want me to do, dress in drag and do the hula!? *scene cut to Timon in a hula outfit (minus the coconuts) and Pumbaa on a platter* Timon: LUAU! If you're hungry for a hunk of fat and juicy meat Eat my buddy Pumbaa here because he is a treat Come on down and dine On this tasty swine All you have to do is get in line! Aaaare you achin'? Pumbaa: Yup yup yup. Timon: Foooor some bacon? Pumbaa: Yup yup yup. Timon: Heeee's a big pig Pumbaa: Yup yup. Timon: You could be a big pig too! Oi! Both: AAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! -The Lion King
Pumbaa: Are you talkin' to me? Timon: Uh oh, they called him a pig- Pumbaa: Are you talkin' to me? Timon: Shouldn't have done that- Pumbaa: ARE YOU TALKIN' TO ME?? Timon: Now they're in for it!- Pumbaa: THEY CALL ME . . . MR. PIG! AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -'The Lion King 1 1/2'
"Don't worry Simba, we're on her like stink on a warthog!" "Hey!" "It's the hard truth Pumbaa, live with it." -Timon and Pumbaa, 'The Lion King 2'
lıllı тнe 27 coммandмenтѕ oғ ғanғιcтιon ıllıllı
1. Thou shalt not post a fic until it has been checked for grammar and spelling errors. The fanfiction gods hath given you a spellchecker on the computer for good reason. Use it. Otherwise, employ a beta reader.
2. Thou shalt not post a chapter of fewer than 100 words, unless it is a drabble. This displeases the masses.
3. Thou shalt not put author's notes in the middle of the story.
4. Thou shalt NEVER use text-speak in a fic, unless the characters are actually texting.
5. Thou shalt keep to one tense, and only one, throughout the story. Do not switch randomly.
6. Apply the above number 5 to POVs, as well.
7. Thou shalt not get offended when someone makes fun of the crack pairing featured in your fanfiction. It probably is rather hilarious.
8. Thou shalt not use O.o, ;p, or D: in a fanfiction to show the emotion exhibited by a character.
9. Thou shall try-eth to keep characters in-character!
10. Thou shall not treat every criticism as a flame.
11. The author's note is not a spot for your personal drama, and thou shalt not make it so.
12. Thou shalt not put any form of the phrase "first fic" in thy summary.
13. Thy created characters must not have names that exceed five syllables in length. Nor shall thy name have more than five words in length.
14. Thou shall not insert thyself into the story line as thyself or as a character—yes we know that you are in love with yourself and are very narcissistic, we just don’t want to read about how you end up with the main character.
15. If thou art writing a story that does not follow the original story line, point it out in the beginning.
16. Thou shall not make a person randomly smart or powerful unless stating a reason for the change—a good reason.
17. Thou shalt show and not tell.
18. Thou shalt not EVER use the phrase "I suck at summaries" in-est thine summary. This annoys thine readers.
19. Thou shalt not write the same way thou speak-est—writing is an art.
20. Thou shalt ALWAYS spell the word "okay" correctly. Using the letter "K" is an unacceptable compromise.
21. Thou shalt only use clichés when thou a) art writing a parody, or b) hast found a new and interesting twist to make such clichés bearable to thine reader.
22. Thou shalt always separate dialogue from two separate speakers in two separate paragraphs. Otherwise thine readers shalt be confuse-ed.
23. Thou shalt not EVER make a chapter all one paragraph. THIS INFURIATES BOTH THINE READER AND THE FANFICTION GODS. They have given thee an ENTER key with good reason.
24. Thou shalt not write with thy caps lock on; it displeases the masses and causes thy readers to lose their vision and makes angels weep.
25. Thou shalt know how to spell the character's names correctly before you writeth thine fic. Misspelling the name of the main characters makes readers angry and distracts from the story.
26. Thou shalt not say in thine summary "summary inside". This shows lack of creativeness and infuriates the masses. The only exception is when a summary is cut short and a continuation of it lies inside.
27. Thou shall use paragraphs and space the story so it is not terrifyingly daunting to thine readers.
NOW THAT YOU HAVE REACHED THE END OF MY PROFILE, WHETHER OR NOT YOU EVEN READ IT, YOU HAVE NOW LOST THE GAME, AND IT YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE GAME IS, GOOD FOR YOU, YOU'RE WINNING.
Unsafe External Link