Author has written 1 story for Twilight.
Someone asked me about my name, entre la sombra y el alma. For those of you who don't speak Spanish, is means "between the shadow and the soul." It is a phrase from one of my favorite poems by the Chilean poet, Pablo Neruda, from his 100 Love Sonnets. It sounds better in Spanish, but here is the poem in English.
by Pablo Neruda
I don't love you as if you were salt-rose, or topaz,
or the arrow of carnations the fire shoots off.
I love you as certain dark things are to be loved,
in secret, between the shadow and the soul.
I love you as the plant that never blooms,
but carries in itself the light of hidden flowers;
and thanks to your love, a certain solid fragrance,
risen from the earth, lives darkly in my body.
I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where.
I love you simply, without problems or pride;
I love you in this way because I know no other way
than this: in which there is no I, nor you,
so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand,
so intimate that your eyes close when I fall asleep.
The Darkest Hour: This is an alternate universe story told from Edward's perspective. Here is a more complete summary than the one that is posted: It is said that the darkest hour is just before dawn. After leaving Bella and having been gone for seven years, Edward returns due to the strange visions Alice has been having. Bella has moved on from Edward and she seems happy. Unable to leave her again, Edward must watch her live her life without him. Can Edward and Bella make it through this dark hour to find the breaking dawn?
Jacob's Ladder: This is Jacob's POV during the Twilight saga, starting in childhood, before the books begin until part way through Eclipse.
Link to Bella's Ring in The Darkest Hour:
It is number 48 on the page and is called, Edwardian Round Cushion Cut Diamond Engagement Ring set in Platinum
Alternative Points of View:
As my readers are aware, or at least the ones who actually read the author's notes, I am going to post some chapters after The Darkest Hour is over that will cover other characters' points of view during different scenes, particularly the ones Edward wasn't around to witness. These are the ones I have been thinking about. Please feel free to make requests and suggestions.
1. Bella's dream from the first chapter, the one that made her pant, moan, and cry out Edward's name. If you remember, Mike was in it as well. Should be fun to write.
2. Bella's reaction when she first sees Edward again
3. Bella when she realizes that she is falling for Edward again for real. May span more than one chapter.
4. The meeting with the family when they told her that Edward had feelings for her. Will probably also be from Bella's perspective.
5. Rosalie's point of view during both of her private conversations with Bella.
6. A big, probably multi-chapter narrative from Jacob about seeing Olivia for the first time, getting to know her, letting go of Bella, how things change in the pack (because not everyone reacts well), telling Olivia about Bella, his being a shape shifter, the imprinting, his divorce, etc., etc. Basically the whole romance between Jake and Olivia and how things change with his relationship to Bella. I may even post this as an entirely different story since it may be able to stand on its own for the most part. Still hope you guys read it, though.
Some of the Music I Listened to While Writing The Darkest Hour (not written in an order that follows the plot):
Creep by Radiohead (Edward)
I See Monsters by Ryan Adams (Edward)
Colorblind by Counting Crows (Bella)
Empty Room by Marjorie Fair (Bella)
The Boy Who Blocked His Own Shot by Brand New (Jake)
The Hill by Marketa Irglova (Bella)
Too Easy by OneRepublic (Edward and Bella)
Let Him Fly by Patty Griffin (Bella)
Black Star by Radiohead (Jake)
Dreams by Brandi Carlile (Bella)
Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want This Time by The Smiths (Edward and Jake)
Hallelujah performed by Jeff Buckley (Jake)
The entire album Actor by St. Vincent