Author has written 33 stories for Avatar: Last Airbender, Digimon, Valkyrie Profile, Final Fantasy VIII, Red Ninja, Inheritance Cycle, Gundam Seed, Harry Potter, Icemark Chronicles, Naruto, Final Fantasy VII, Dragon Ball Z, Solty Rei/ソルティレイ, Black Cat, Dragon Age, Dead or Alive, and Winx Club.
'Deviant' - departing from usual or accepted standards. Difference to the social normality people generally expect. Thus I am a deviant entity :-) 'Devientity'
"Why do writer's write? Because it isn't there."
Hey there everybody and welcome to my toy box/alternate reality/writer's sandpit...or whatever you would like to call it. Here anything is possible and the laws are completely random - I strongly advise that you leave all valuable possessions- such as your sanity- back at the previous page.
I believe everyone deserves to know just what they are getting themselves involved in, so below is a fair bit of info about myself that is important to know.
Consider yourselves warned.
My pen name is Devientity and you may call me Deviant if you wish, since the full name is a bit lengthy or even Shannon which is my real name. I do have an account on Fiction.press and my pen name there is Sins'Rapture, but no original stories as of yet, though there will be in the future (Hopefully...Maybe, though probably not as I hate Plagiarism). Anyone else on Fiction.press with story recommendations, don't feel shy to let me know. You can also find me on Pottermore...My name is GhostNox22661 and I'm a Ravenclaw :-)
Currently aged 23...and yes I am female :-) which I thought I should clarify as I have been questioned about that a few times. I have a wonderful fiance who inspires many of my insane ideas (he's a little ADD and I love him to bits) and he can be considered a co-writer to these stories as he gives a lot of input. I have 5 siblings all younger than me who also give the occasional idea or two.
No specific fandom, so you will find me all over the place. I generally like most pairings and characters (with some exceptions as can be seen further down) and don't mind slash (yaoi and yuri) when done tastefully. I love and hate many things, yet try to remain unbiased (or at least understanding), given that different people have different interests or opinions.
I am constantly trying to improve and develop, so my stories will always be edited if I feel they can be better. Updates will depend on when I have time, but I try to keep it at three week intervals...unless I'm having really bad luck as I have been having recently -.-.
I love advice, comments, any constructive criticism and even flames (though I do not encourage them at all since people can be rather nasty). So please take the time to leave me a message or review if you read any of my pieces, even if it's just a smiley face or a 'I do not like'
I LOVE to experiment with mysteries, 'what ifs' and all kinds of different ideas/elements, so don't be surprised by my numerous twists, AU's/AR's and divergence...I do that a lot - Generally only my one shots or drabbles will stick to canon but even then it's questionable. I LIVE for AU! Really, I do...In my opinion, fanfiction is a sandbox to go wild in or a picture with a thousand possibilities. So if I feel like altering things, deal with it...I know I wont lose any sleep over the matter - So don't even waste your breathe arguing or attempting to argue with me.
...If you have made it thus far, then I am astounded :-)
1) Any Oc's created in any of my stories are never random or designed solely as place holders, unless stated otherwise. Each Oc (whether a main character or minor) has a part and purpose. I apologize if some people don't like Oc's and I can understand the negativity, but your dislikes are not my concern nor my problem. If Oc's hold any resemblance to other persons self-created characters, it is simply coincidence. I do ask if I wish to use an author's Oc should I feel they will go well withmy ideas. I also like to give rarely mentioned characters or NPCs their own stories or personalities if canon has not developed them. Mary Sues, God-like characters and unreasonable OoC are abominable and I deeply abject to their creation or recreation of Canon characters; thus I feel justifiably hurt if people accuse me of doing so with my Oc's and canon characters...I appreciate advice and constructive criticism, but not flames and naive commentary. Please justify your complaints reasonably should you make them.
2) My personal Oc's can be used by anyone who wishes to have them in their respective stories, however, I would appreciate being told if you wish to use them and if I can read over whatever you write concerning them before it's published. They are mine after all and being asked would be appreciated.
3) General Disclaimer- I do not own any of the categories I write in, nor any of the characters or canon facts made use of. In addition, I do not own any material I may use or reference from others areas eg. songs, books etc. I only own my plot lines, the original characters or objects/ places I make.
4) Though I like all sorts of stories, characters and pairings, there are certain things which I do prefer and are my absolute favorites (as listed below), as well as things I will not write like mpreg/ incest(questionable sometimes) or highly explicit sex- Sorry, that's just the way I am.
5) Favorite plots-time travel, dimension travel/warp, reasonable reincarnation or back-to-life, reasonable super-powered character, AU canon, most AU's as long as the story is good and X-Overs (Especially Harry Potter, Gundam SEED, FFVII/ FVIII, Naruto, Digimon and Avatar The Last Airbender).
6) Many of my favorite pairings can be seen on my favorites list or in the stories I write...This can also give clues to what I do not like. Basically; If you can't find it, then the chances are I probably don't read that kind of pairing or story. Please don't take it personally.
*Important! On a side note, I do NOT ship Katara/Zuko or Draco/Hermione and I can barely tolerate Harry/Ginny, Harry/Hermione or Cloud/Aerith (sometimes I will make an exception for the last one), so you will barely/if not never see it in my listings or writings so I advise not to ask for it. I am also not a big Twilight fan, though I do like certain aspects of the stories and will delve into it depending on the plot etc.
7) Reviews; I adore constructive criticism, advice or potential plot points, however, at the end of the day, my story and the direction it goes is my choice. I do tolerate flamers, immature reviewers or pettiness but will not encourage it. I believe in unbiased thought that leads to understanding of differences and opinions, and though I may be wary about voicing my honest opinion due to sensitivity, I will always be honest if asked.
8) I have mentioned this before, but will add it here for good measure; I update when I can and when able (I am sorry to those who don't understand). Unfortunately, I do have my limits (as much as I would love to write all day, everyday) and breaks are necessary...plus, those who understand the Muse, know it sometimes takes unexplainable absences or suddenly decides it would rather not be creative today.
Status of my Stories/Projects
Blurred lines - FFVIII oneshot.
Currently Posted/ WIP (Items in Bold are priority)
The Scars We Hide - GS/GSD College AU.
Wyrda - an Inheritance AU
Future Projects/ WIP/ Not Posted
All We Are - FFVII Timetravel/ AU.
Ideas are subject to change at any moment. Updates are irregular but no stories will be abandoned.
The Random Section
Dream dreams you never dared dream before- Edgar Allen Poe
Easy reading is damn hard writing.
Writing is a socially acceptable form of Schizophrenia.
Why I write? Because kidnapping people and forcing them to act out your interesting make-believe worlds, is technically illegal. Why I write? Because the people that live in my head deserve to have a voice too.
Why be difficult, when with just a little bit of extra effort, you can be impossible.
Have you ever wondered which hurts most: Saying something and wishing you hadn't; or saying nothing and wishing you had?
There are three kinds of people. Those who learn by reading, a few who learn by observation, and the rest who have to test the electric fence for themselves.
Writing isn't a career, it's more of a mental illness!
You have the right to remain silent, anything you say will be misquoted and used against you.
A compromise is an agreement whereby both parties get what neither of them wanted.
The large print giveth, but the small print taketh away- Tom Waits, Small Change.
Fear is pain arising from the anticipation of evil- Aristotle
I can only please one person per day. Today's not your day...Tomorrow doesn't look good either.
Sometimes I pretend to be normal, but then it gets boring...So I go back to being me.
It takes patience to listen.. it takes skill to pretend you’re listening.
Did you ever stare at the flickering candles on your birthday cake as your friends and family sing that familiar song and then their voices sort of faded and were drowned out by ominous-sounding organ music that kept playing louder and faster…Then dozens of tiny, twisted, rodents appear throwing frosting and still-burning candles all over the room while you looked on, paralyzed with horror as the weasel creatures start attacking the party-goers, ripping at their throats and faces with razor-sharp teeth, turning the once festive scene into one of unrelenting TERROR! Oh right! Like I'm the only one that's ever happened to…(I actually received this as a birthday card from my Sister)
Nature abhors a hero. For one thing, he violates the law of conservation of energy. For another, how can it be survival of the fittest, when the fittest keeps putting himself in situations where he is most likely to be destroyed?
If magic was real and I could have any two things in the world, I'd ask for an A4 hard cover notebook that never runs out of pages and is self-editing, as well as a pen that never runs out of ink and can be erased. (I really wish this could happen...Paper is expensive!)
Harry Potter is like salt...Goes great with almost everything. (If you think about it, it really almost does)
Coleridge was a drug addict. Poe was an alcoholic. Marlowe was killed by a man whom he was treacherously trying to stab. Pope took money to keep a woman's name out of a satire then wrote a piece so that she could still be recognized anyhow. Chatterton killed himself. Byron was accused of incest. Do you still want to be a writer – and if so, why?- Bennett Cerf (1898-1971) (We writers are exciting)
Going to temple/church/mosque doesn’t make you a human, any more than standing in a garage makes you a car...(I am Agnostic; kind of comes with the whole unbiased-everyone has their opinion-view. Compassion and kindness not stupidity and ignorance...sorry to anyone who is offended)
I didn't climb to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian...(If you are going to be a vegetarian/vegen - then I think people should have a fantastic excuse to become so. None of this 'It's cruel.' No one feels sorry for veggies when we rip them from the ground o.O)
I wasn't lying, I was just writing fiction with my mouth
Think I'm Sarcastic? Watch Me Pretend To Care!
Dear Optimist, Pessimist and Realist; while you guys were busy arguing about the glass of water, I drank it. Sincerely the Opportunist.
I understand some people live in their own little worlds. Sometimes I wish they would stay there and never visit mine.
This normal you speak of, doesn't sound fun at all.
Challenges (or Adoption Section)
1) Solty Rei needs Love!
2) Inheritance Cycle AU!
Challenge 1: Choose a character and a conversation that takes place in any of the 4 books, then write about what you think that character would have wished to say instead...possibly how it would have effects on the story as a whole.
3) Writing Prompts (For sufferers of Muse-block or Boredom)
I will add or take down these prompts regularly. You can use them for any fandom.
Prompt 1: Write a plot in the form of a shopping list or recipe.
Prompt 2: Write about what scares your villain the most and why?
Prompt 3: Your hero is dying. What is his/her last thoughts and why?
Prompt 4: Your hero has failed to save a friend...Why did he fail and what does he feel? In the end, does this make him stronger or weaker?
Prompt 5 (new): A former villain has joined the opposing side (light side) and faces much judgement and suspicion even though they have proved their loyalty. Write about his/her feelings during this time and possibly even how they prove their worth (even to only a few).
Updates/ Status (08/04/2015)
Hi all, this is a new section to entertain any concerns or queries if I can't reply to a PM or review.
I am still around and I apologize for the lack of updates. I am trying to sort that out. Please understand that life is unpredictable and unfortunately takes first priority even though I love writing.
...Yip, still alive just battling the worst writer's block ever!
Remember to Read and Review and if there are any great AU stories out there, please let me know.
All the best and happy reading/writing..Deviant
|Focus:||General: All Categories|