Author has written 5 stories for Pokémon, and Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's.
This is the profile of one Scarlet Weather, a dog and brave soldier of Ohu.
Name: Scarlet Weather
Gender: Highly irrelevant.
Fandoms: Current- Cardfight! Vanguard, Yu-Gi-Oh ZeXal (and previous), Attack on Titan, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (inactive), Fate/Zero (and extended Nasuverse)
Likes: Stories that don't take themselves seriously which remind me why I like heroes, and stories which take themselves a bit more seriously which remind me how difficult it is to be a hero.
Pet Peeves: Character inconsistency, mixed messages, disturbing literature.
Location: Not telling.
Source of Username: A reference to the title of one of the Touhou Project games, "Scarlet Weather Rhapsody".
Why do you call yourself a dog?: Because I am one. As far as you know.
(Following Section saved for Posterity)
Explanation Behind Certain Choices Made in Burning Red: One thing people have noticed about this fanfic is that I use the four-thousand life points system during duels instead of the eight thousand life point system used in real life. This choice wasn't made simply because I'm trying to stick with anime or manga canon- in fact, given that Burning Red is AU to begin with I could have justified eight-thousand quite easily. However, I've used the four thousand AND eight thousand life point systems in the past, and I have to say that I prefer the four thousand point system for use in fanfiction or RPing because it honestly just makes things easier on me. "Official" duel format doesn't work as well when you're explicitly trying for dramatic effect with a deck that isn't necessarily competitive.
As a general rule, Burning Red uses TCG terms... for now. This is primarily due to the story's setting: New York City, New York, USA. On the other hand, fake cards of mine will usually stick to naming practices that are closer to the OCG (Devils and angels and uncensored religious and mythological references, oh my), except where necessary to maintain archetype consistency (ex., Archfiends, Machina).
Burning Red and Devil's Debt don't follow a specific banlist- or more accurately, I make no promises to adhere to the official one at all times. It isn't hard to follow a banlist when your cardpool includes anime/manga exclusives as well as fake cards, but I prefer to keep my options open.
Fanfics On Hiatus
Hopefully the first of the 'color' series of fanfics, though given my abysmally poor pace there's no guarantees it'll make it that far. Burning Red is the product of several dead plotbunnies and unused characters from RPs being stitched together and given life, and believe me, giving them life feels damn good. The early chapters have some formatting issues and there are typos here and there, but it's gotten better as the fanfic has moved on. I'll upload reformatted chapters eventually, but for now please read and enjoy, and apologies.
A fanfic set in the same AU world as Burning Red, Devil's Debt is a companion piece with its own cast and plot that explores a different side of the dueling world. Duels in this fanfic draw more heavily from the competitive sphere for character deck choices and duel format, so be warned.
Shadowchasers- Colors of Madness
HEY KIDS, LET'S PLAY THE BURNING RED DRINKING GAME! (Note: Players both under and over the age of 21 are encouraged not to play this drinking game with actual alcohol. You will kill your liver dead.)
TAKE A SHOT FOR-
1. Every reference to a giant mech anime. (Take two shots if it's a series that has been previously referenced, and three if you spotted it the first time through)
2. Every time Achan does or says something horribly awkward.
3. Every time Kaito is horribly immature.
4. Every time someone says "THE INVINCIBLE FORTRESS"
5. Every time Achan's is called some variant of "Kid"
6. Every time Wheels uses the word 'rookie'.
7. Every time I hint at a potential slash pair.
8. Every time Rachel manages to one-up the rest of the cast.
9. Every time Kaito ends a duel by buffing his monsters into ridiculous territory.
10. Every time Wheels curses more than twice in the same sentence.
11. Every time Wheels reminds you of Cid from FFVII.
12. Every time two players who main-deck Rainbow Life duel each other.
13. Every time an attack name or effect name is a reference to something.
14. Every time Faust quotes Kamen Rider.
15. Every time the announcer says anything in all caps.
16. Every time Kaito refers to himself or is referred to by another character as a lion.
BONUS ROUND (those who already know aren't eligible): Name the one Slash pairing in Burning Red that will be explicitly declared canon by the fic's end. (I'm not commenting on the canonicity of any others, but you can assume any and all potential pairings I hint at are ones I at least consider workable on a superficial level. And yes, I do hint. Sort of.)
Shipping wars are in fact encouraged and amuse me greatly.