Poll: Which would you rather see (in terms of the other stories I have in the works to post) next? Bear in mind some will take longer than others to get put together and one is a 'writer's block story' but I can make it into something better. And yes, the other stories are still going to be updated. I am sporadic but I won't abandon anything completely-I just put it on the back burner until I figure out what to do with it next. Vote Now!
Author has written 8 stories for X-overs, Hobbit, Jak and Daxter, Sailor Moon, Supernatural, Doctor Who, and Naruto.
Name: I'll stick with M or Arashi.
Pet Peeves on FF: Mary Sues/Gary Stus for the most part. Super powerful characters are fun to watch, but only if they have either an interesting storyline or an equally-powerful antagonist. That or they have challenges of some kind to face, be they personal or otherwise, and personal failings that make me like them more as a character, even if I hate it whenever they start acting flawed.
I tend to forget to favorite/note stories of interest. I've lost some really good stories that way. This is a terrible habit and I've really tried to fix it, but at this point since I spend over half my time over on AO3 I've just resorted to bookmarking stories.
I love Harry Potter, loads of other book series, and several other TV fandoms including Doctor Who, Supernatural, and Sherlock. I tend to get into a show for the humor. My favorite 'New Doctor' is Eleven, though I really did like Nine and Ten for their companions and dynamics.
Many of the stories I have written recently (as of 2015 and beyond) are cross-posted to ArchiveOfOurOwn under the name Little_Vesuvius. I created the account earlier this year and have only recently found the password to my Fanfiction.net account so I can keep using it.
I got Scrivener as a present from my parents, so I have been dumping all of my notes into it. I'm currently doing massive worldbuilding for Moonlit Fox, as I have since realized all of the worldbuilding and planning I did hasn't been nearly enough to execute the world properly. I have organized Soul of Light as well, and have also dumped most of my major stories-with the exception of Kit's, Castiel's, and Briony's, at this point-into Scrivener. I'm definitely still working-it's just all a work in progress.
Favorite Anime (not in any order): Naruto, DB/DBZ, Fruits Basket, Ceres: Celestial Legend, Sailor Moon, Bleach (to a certain point), Inuyasha, Meitantei Conan/Case Closed.
Favorite TV Shows: Doctor Who, Sherlock (BBC), Daredevil (Netflix), Agents of SHIELD, Jessica Jones, etc. I'm finding I like Marvel shows/movies better than DCU movies but I'm not sure why, exactly.
Favorite Movies: I can't pick, there are just too many, but recently I'm liking some of the potential I see in Whedon's MCU (but not all the movies; Captain America: The Winter Soldier is a very good one though).
Favorite Books: Uh. All of them? Haven't read a bad one yet though there is this trilogy that I'm in the middle of involving magic and a lot of odd worldbuilding that has me going 'wait what' every few chapters.
I try to update semi-regularly, but I have a sporadic writing style and I tend to develop ideas organically. This often means either I write random scenes or have too many plot lines and stories going at once. I will update when I finish the next chapter of different stories I have out, and that may take me awhile. The stories I previously had up need to be taken down and edited, and so once I find my backup drive and save their master copies over, I'll be taking them down. My writing has changed so much since I wrote Lightning and Whirlpool-Wild Magic that I can't see myself writing it the way I did, though now that I know the possibility is there I'll be retooling it to make it better.
Since writing my Naruto stories, I've changed laptops two times, and both of my old laptops are broken. Sadly, some of the files I transferred from each of them were corrupted and I had no idea they were corrupt until after the laptops broke, so some of my work on those stories has been lost, but not all of it. However, it does mean I lost some of my worldbuilding notes so I'll have to redo them and fix the whole set when I have the time and inspiration.
One more thing: I like a lot of authors on this site. Please continue writing. You're all good. Or you will be. I read some stories and I think 'this is a new author' or 'this is good'. But to get good, you need to keep going. Don't give up. I'm not giving up on my stories, but I write for fun, so there may be some time between my updates as I try to work them around my life.
I have an AO3 account as well, and I'm going to start cross-posting stories that I started over there to this account.
I am now doing fic requests at the request of my reader vampygurl402. If someone has a fandom they'd like to request a fic for, please PM me/review my story, comment over on AO3 with a quick summary, or message me on tumblr-I have the name little-vesuvius on tumblr, and unfortunately haven't done much in the way of envisioning characters yet or linking pictures since I've been so busy but I have time now that I'm on break!
Stories planned for 2016 (loosely, since I've decided to do fic requests; your fic will probably show up here if it's continuous, though again, my sporadic writing inspiration is probably going to be problematic):
(I wish I could put the same on my AO3 account, since updating an A/N at the beginning of each story is becoming slightly tedious.)
1. Daughter of Ea: This story is already on my AO3 account, and I'm hoping to continue it long into the future. Updates may be slow but the story will generally move in the direction I want it to-or so I hope, when I get a better schedule in place for writing. (State of Chapter Six: Planning stages).
2. Coming Home: Sequel to Home is Where the Heart Is. (State of Chapter Two: Middle of Editing Process (Editing ~45% complete))
3. Rising: A Doctor Who story I started writing years ago about an OC of mine with amnesia. (Sneak Peeks contains a very small piece of her story, as chapter one, but there are spoiler alerts for anyone who hasn't caught up with the 50th Anniversary Special.) (Chapter Two: Serious Rewrite In Progress) (I wrote this originally in high school, and am working on making it flow better now.)
4. (Currently Untitled): Steve Rogers/OC story (set mostly in MCU but with elements of comic book canon and OCs involved) about a not-quite-OC (but someone so minor they are generally ignored) that joins the Howling Commandos. (Chapter One: ~50% complete; I'm a little stuck when it comes to my character's voice right now. Suggestions for a title would be very welcome!).
5. Sundance: Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy story revolving around an OC named Lora. Jak/OC, starts just after Jak and Daxter finish racing through Fire Canyon. (Chapter Three: In the planning/Editing processe .
6. Sneak Peeks: Will be continued for quite some time, since it helps me add little snippets of stories to the site without hinting too much at what the character is doing in this particular scene. Also may begin containing orphaned stories and ideas that went nowhere, provided I have enough . (Currently working on a sneak peek for a Naruto/Metroid crossover centered around the development of Sakura Haruno, and another one for Whirlpool's Salvation. Also working on a sneak peek for the fifteenth story I have going because as a writer I don't know how not to start things I can't finish.)
7. Moonlit Fox: A Universe Alteration Naruto story that I thought I would never actually write, let alone reenter this fandom with but I recently reread Naruto: One Man Team and it inspired this-which is also incidentally a crossover with Sailor Moon, though knowledge of that series is really not necessary to read this. Also contains elements of Bleach and RWBY. (Prologue: ~65% complete)
8. The Coven of Paimon: A Universe-Alteration Supernatural story that I worked out about a year ago. It's the first near-novel-length fanfic I'e ever written, and I'm about 3/4 of the way through writing it. Basic summary: Castiel is sent back to a pre-SPN season 1 timeline after the events of Season 5 of SPN turn into the events of the alt-future of SPN, because Gabriel is dead, and given a second chance-but one problem! She's given a female vessel. This fanfic is the beginning of her new/old partnership with Dean. Also draws on some elements of a more classic murder mystery, but like I said, needs a lot of work. (Currently: Chapter Two is in need of editing)
9. A Promise, Hunt Two: The second hunt Dean and Castiel go on after their first hunt together. Haven't decided the monster involved yet. Still in the early planning stages. Tentatively scheduled for Spring 2017 or Summer 2017...but maybe later, depending on the timeline of my laptop being returned.
10. Whirlpool's Salvation: Another Naruto story, this time exploring the changes that occur if, instead of being born Naruto Uzumaki, Naruto was born instead as Kasumi Uzumaki, the heir of the Rin'negan, and Uzu no Kuni. (Status: Needs me to rebuild the world from scratch-my notes were accidentally deleted :O)
11. (First requested story (credit to vampygurl402), a Thilbo story I have to work out-provided I have the time, this will either be a one-shot or a full-length story. Most likely to be a one-shot, but I have yet to plan it yet. This will hopefully be posted around Christmas.)
12. Soul of Light: Thilbo story, taking place in a Victorian-era-inspired Shire. Thank you to AO3 authors for inspiring this one. This story gives Bilberry Baggins a power I really hadn't thought I should use in this universe, but I had a lot of fun making it and I thought it was time for me to bring it off the drawing board in honor of my family moving to the East Coast this summer. Tentatively scheduled with the first chapter either this summer or, should I run out of time due to other factors, this fall.
13. Untitled, NaruFemKyuu (Needs a ton of work/worldbuilding, tentatively scheduled for Spring 2017): Altering the seals powered by a god is dangerous, but when Inari intervenes in Naruto's life shortly after the sealing, the Shiki Fuujin changes completely. Now with a reincarnated, very human Kyuubi no Youko in his mindscape, Naruto has a chance of growing up with a best friend-and later, maybe more. Eventual Naru/FemKyuu, good Kyuubi.
14. Deleted Scenes: Deleted scenes/behind-the-scenes content from Moonlit Fox, Soul of Light, and more. Basically, everything that doesn't fit into my regular series, because it's too much worldbuilding or I find it too boring to include.
NOW LOOKING FOR A BETA FOR MOONLIT FOX. PM ME PLEASE IF YOU ARE INTERESTED.
This updating schedule may change based on my work this semester and my attempts at balancing writing, my social life, my love life (it does exist! And it consistently surprises me every time I think about it.), research, and school. I'll do my best over break to work on some stories, just, like last semester and break, won't be quick at updating if I update at all.
Friendly Note: I find talking to someone about my ideas helps me work through certain situations. If you have any suggestions/comments for one of my currently in-progress stories (or insightful questions) then please, let me know! That also goes for things you disagree with; I'm happy to answer any critical reviews.
Update Regarding Old Stories: I'm not sure if I will ever continue them, but something is telling me not to drop the idea just yet since each idea had so much potential. I'll come back to them eventually, and probably give them a complete overhaul.
Unrelated note: Does anyone know where to find the 'complete' button to mark your story as complete? Home is Where the Heart Is was written as a one-shot and has a sequel, which is a chaptered story. It's not supposed to be an 'incomplete' story. If someone could PM or review me the answer, I would be very grateful!
(Update 8/12/16): Laptop is back, and with the fix it's working better than ever! I'm putting together the last touches on several updates and trying to organize the details of each and every story so that every single one currently online, and maybe a few more, will have an update by the time I'm back in school. Can't make any promises, but I also can't stop writing, so at least I'm not bored anymore. Still working on fleshing out the details of more than a few stories, including my Sneak Peeks collection. I've also started fleshing out the world for a novel series, but I'm not sure that's going anywhere yet. (Who am I kidding? I'll be working on that thing for at least 10 years. Either way, I'm writing every day, so things are happening.)
(Update 9/2/16): So, I mistakenly, and officially, have now conflated a novel plot line with that of Moonlit Fox. I'm working on a prologue for that story (to set things up, as a very polite reviewer pointed out to me), but I am going to have to spend at least a month or two untangling this mess. My S.O. asked me if it was an original story and I had to reconsider that for a long time before I realized I was using un-originally named characters to tell an original story. D'oh! Please bear with me; I'm a geologist with an interest in engineering so I barely have any time to balance the rest of my life and spend time with my S.O. lately; school just started back up again, and I have a nice apartment, but in all seriousness, I'm a little discouraged from writing fanfiction at the moment (mostly because of school) and the only place I can escape to is my novel world right now 'safely' in my head.