Author has written 4 stories for Maximum Ride, and Beowulf.
Um, hey. The names Rachael. We'll leave it at that. I guess you could say I'm a straight up nerd. I spend WAY too much time reading.
Gender: in-between, jk, I'm a girl! I know, my dad was bummed out, too.
Music: alternative/indie, especially alternative rock. I couldn't possibly list all the bands I like, my computer would surely overload (if you're really that curious, just PM me)
Books: anything fiction! Oh, you wanted specifics? I'd have to say my absolute favorite individual books are: I Love You Like a Tomato, Gingerbread, Going Bovine, Book of Dahlia, Harmonic Feedback, Puff, Jellicoe Road, and How to Say Goodby in Robot (and not in that order). Series: Leviathan, LOTR, Monsters of Men, and Maximum Ride!
Preference (not that I'm here for dating): "I'm not gay, but my girlfriend is." haha I'm just bi.
Habitat: a place called Cornfield, Iowa (no Cornfield is not a real town, at least, I don't think...)
Zodiac: What's your sign? Pisces. That's right, I'm the fish.
Political Affiliation: Liberal Democrat. My most heinous sin, according to my wonderful mother. Needless to say, she is a staunch conservative. Sorry, but I tend to push my political agenda in my stories every once in a while. I'm sure you'll forgive me.
1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 81, and find line 4.
I Love You Like a Tomato: ... whole apartment. She wanted the radio near her bed so she...
2. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can, What can you touch?
Air. If I move I then can touch my too small bed.
3. What is the last thing you watched on TV?
Magic Bullet infomercial. I love that one!
4. Without looking, guess what time it is:
5. Now look at the clock. What is the actual time?
9: 12 am
6. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?
Two Door Cinema Club's new album and my neighbor's dog barking.
7. When did you last step outside? What were you doing?
Last night coming back from eating the best vanilla ice cream in a waffle cone EVAR!
8. Before you started this survey, what did you look at?
My mom sleeping. I like to check up on her. You never know when you're parents are going to sneak out of the house.
9. What are you wearing?
My very comfortable sweatpants and hoodie. That's kind of a creepy question...
10. Did you dream last night?
I always do
11. When did you last laugh?
I laughed out of politeness at a guy's lame joke last night but the last time I sincerely laughed was last weekend when my little sister's best friend ran into our glass patio door. I almost peed myself it was so hilarious. I always thought that stuff was just staged on America's Funniest Home Videos.
12. What is on the walls of the room you are in?
White paint (rental house), four outdated calendars and one current one, a small mirror that I strategically placed so my vain little sister can't see in it, fifty seven little paper fortunes from Chinese fortune cookies, and a cork board.
13. Seen anything weird lately?
Yesterday I was purchasing poster board for a school project when an elderly Walmart employee brought it to my friend's attention that she dropped something. When she asked what she dropped he grinned and said "Your smile". It was cute and strange at the same time.
14. What do you think of this survey?
It's a little off beat, so of course I like it.
15. What is the last movie you saw?
2012, I didn't like that it was all doom and gloom, though, what else could you expect from the end of the world?
16. If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy?
I'd buy world peace. No, just kidding. I would honestly put the money in a bank account for college after buying my mom her little dream house with the white picket fence.
17. Tell me something about you that I don't know:
I suffer from social anxiety.
18. If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do?
I would make child abuse physically impossible and hardcore drugs wouldn't exsist.
19. George Bush:
Is a poor republican that made a few mistakes so he gets bashed all the time. Seriously people, we've all made mistakes. I'd like to see how you'd react to power over an entire nation.
20. Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her?
Riley (but I really don't want children)
21. Imagine your first child is a boy, what do you call him?
Riley (for real, they cost too much $)
22. Would you ever consider living abroad?
Most definitely! Italy would be superb, though I am fond of the United Kingdom.
37 Secrets About Yourself.
1) Have you ever been asked out?
2) Where did you get your default picture?
3) What's your middle name?
4) Your current relationship status?
5) Does your crush like you back?
6) What is your current mood?
7) What color of underwear are you wearing?
8) What color shirt are you wearing?
9) Missing something?
10) If you could go back in time and change something, what would you change?
11) If you must be an animal for one day, what would you be?
12) Ever had a near death experience?
13) Something you do a lot?
14) The song stuck in your head?
Undercover Martin by Two Door Cinema Club
15) Who did you copy and paste this from?
16) Name someone with the same birthday as YOU?
17) When was the last time you cried?
Real women don't cry. (joke)
18) Have you ever sung in front of a large audience?
In my fourth grade concert I was forced to do a solo. I was never the same...
19) If you could have one super power what would it be?
20) What's the first thing you notice about the opposite sex?
21) What do you usually order from starbucks?
22) What's your biggest secret?
I don't know that I have a big secret. I'm pretty transparent.
23) Favorite color?
Violet. I refuse to call it purple because I hate the letter P.
24) Do you still watch kiddie shows?
25) What are you?
26) Do you speak any other language?
Hablo español con fluidez. Je parle un peu français. Mein Deutsch ist begrenzt.
27) What's your favorite smell?
28) Describe your life in one word what would it be?
29) Have you ever kissed in the rain?
30) What are you thinking about right now?
31) What should you be doing?
32) Who was the last person that made you upset/angry?
33) Do you like working in the yard?
34) If you could have any last name in the world, what would you want?
35) Do you act differently around the person you like ?
36) What is your natural hair color?
37) Who was the last person to make you cry?
YOUR REAL NAME:
2. YOUR GANGSTA NAME: (first 3 letters of real name plus -izzle):
3. YOUR DETECTIVE NAME: (fav color and fav animal):
Purple Panda (FTW!)
4. YOUR SOAP OPERA NAME: (middle name and a fancy name):
6. YOUR SUPERHERO NAME: (2nd favorite color, favorite drink):
Green Lemonade (wth?)
7. YOUR ARAB NAME: (2nd letter of your first name, 3rd letter of your last name, any letter of your middle name, 2nd letter of your moms maiden name, 3rd letter of you dads middle name, 1st letter of a siblings first name, last letter of your moms middle name):
8. YOUR WITNESS PROTECTION NAME: (mothers middle name):
9. YOUR GOTH NAME: (black, and the name of one your pets):
Black Journey (haha)
10. YOUR ROCK STAR NAME: (fruit, and something that can go wrong)
11. YOUR PIRATE NAME: (color, pirate accessory):
12. TYPE YOUR NAME WITH YOUR ELBOW:
rachael, I think that was meant to be difficult. Only an extra comma, my elbows are just that pointy!
1. SOME OF YOUR SCARS, HOW DID YOU GET THEM?
The one on my knee is from when a boulder split my knee cap in a creek. The one on my thumb is from sucking my thumb until I was six. There are several shallow scars all on my shins from my ability to attract every single obstacle in the dark.
2. WHAT IS ON THE WALLS IN YOUR ROOM?
Much paper. My walls are just one big collage.
3. DO YOU SNORE, GRIND YOUR TEETH, OR TALK IN YOUR SLEEP?
Negatory. Wait, does laughing in your sleep count? I’ve woken myself up several times doing that.
4. WHAT TYPE OF MUSIC DO YOU LISTEN TO?
Indie Rock/ Alternative
5. DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME YOU WERE BORN?
8:00 AM sharp. I was so punctual in my youth!
6. WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE THAN ANYTHING RIGHT NOW?
$$$ X infinity, please.
7. WHAT DO YOU MISS?
Money. Wait, I never had that...
8. WHAT IS YOUR MOST PRIZED POSSESSION(S)
My books and my music library.
9. HOW TALL ARE YOU?
5'1 on a good day.
10. DO YOU GET CLAUSTROPHOBIC?
11. DO YOU GET SCARED IN THE DARK?
12. THE LAST PERSON TO MAKE YOU CRY?
The coffee table. God dang, I swear that thing moves every time I leave the room.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PERFUME FOR A GIRL?
I don’t really do perfume.
14. WHAT KIND OF HAIR/EYE COLOR DO YOU LIKE ON THE OPPOSITE SEX?
I’m an absolute sucker for a ginger with brown eyes, but I don’t discriminate. Why do these things always assume one is straight? Such ignorance.
15. WHERE CAN YOU SEE YOURSELF BEING PROPOSED TO?
I don’t intend to marry, see? So, nowhere.
16. COFFEE OR ENERGY DRINK?
17. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PIZZA TOPPING?
Cheese. I keep it simple.
18. IF YOU CAN EAT ANYTHING RIGHT NOW, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Ice cream. Hey, look at that! There was some in the freezer! Yum...
21. WHAT WAS THE FIRST MEANINGFUL GIFT YOU'VE EVER RECEIVED?
My grandma gave me a snow globe of a church with trees and snow and it made the sound of bell towers.
22. DO YOU LIKE ANYBODY?
I’m not really the dating type.
23. ARE YOU DOUBLE JOINTED?
24. FAVORITE CLOTHING BRAND?
Um, Hanes underwear?
26. DO YOU HAVE A PET RIGHT NOW?
27. WHAT KIND IS IT?
Hamilton the Third was the sexiest dwarf hamster you have ever seen!
28. WOULD YOU FALL IN LOVE KNOWING THAT THE PERSON IS LEAVING?
About that “falling in love" thing, I don’t really buy it.
29. WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO TELL SOMEONE HOW MUCH THEY MEAN TO YOU?
Something not bought and you put time and sentiment into. Example, a journal addressed to them.
30. SAY A NUMBER FROM ONE TO A HUNDRED:
31. BLONDS OR BRUNETTES?
32. WHAT IS THE ONE NUMBER YOU CALL MOST OFTEN?
911. Jk, my mama, of course!
33. WHAT ANNOYS YOU MOST?
Insincerity, hands down.
34. HAVE YOU BEEN OUT OF THE USA
35. YOUR WEAKNESSES?
36. MET ANYONE FAMOUS?
37. FIRST JOB?
Gaurding pompous assholes’ devil spawn. I mean- babysitting.
38. EVER DONE A PRANK CALL?
Technically yes, but my friend did all the talking. It was laaame.
39. WHAT WERE YOU DOING BEFORE FILLING THIS OUT?
Scouring FanFiction for a worthy Maximum Ride story. I found a few.
41. HAVE YOU EVER HAD SURGERY?
42. WHAT DO YOU GET COMPLIMENTED ABOUT MOST?
My writing voice and personality.
43. HAVE YOU EVER HAD BRACES?
No! They’ll never take me alive!
44. WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY?
45. HOW MANY KIDS DO YOU WANT?
I don’t care for children. They eventually turn into ungrateful brats and I don’t trust myself to raise any. None.
46. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
Yup. Great-great grandma Rachel and my mom's church camp pal.
47. DO YOU WISH ON STARS?
Only the first ones I see every night.
49. WHAT KIND OF SHAMPOO DO YOU USE?
Um, the green bottle thing.
50. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
Yes, it requires a unique coding device to decipher.
51. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
Turkey was my favorite once upon a time.
52. ANY BAD HABITS?
I have many habits. I don’t think they’re that bad.
53. WHAT CD ARE YOU MOST EMBARRASSED TO HAVE ON YOUR SHELF?
I have the E.N.D. by the Peas on my iPod because my baby cousins love to listen to them.
54. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Most definitely. I might even marry myself. (jk... maybe)
56. DO LOOKS MATTER?
Depends in what context. Generally, no.
57. HOW DO YOU RELEASE ANGER?
I don’t really. Anger has never been an issue for me. I’m pretty lax. I get annoyed a lot, though.
58. WHERE IS YOUR SECOND HOME?
Nebraska at my favorite Aunt’s home.
60. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE TOY AS A CHILD?
61. HOW MANY NUMBERS ARE IN YOUR CELL PHONE?
I haven’t got a cell.
62. WERE YOU A FAN OF BARNEY AS A KID?
Yes. Then one day they brought Life Size Barney to daycare and I have been terrified of that show ever since.
63. DO YOU USE SARCASM?
I would never!
64. MASHED POTATOES OR MACARONI AND CHEESE?
Mashed potatoes for sure; it’s one of my favorite foods!
65. WHAT DO YOU LOOK FOR IN A GUY/GIRL?
What do I look for in a hermaphrodite? Jk, well. All I ask is that you be genuine.
66. WHAT ARE YOUR NICKNAMES?
Frosty. That Bitch. Rashelle.
67. WHATS YOUR FAVORITE BAND/SINGER?
Doh! That’s a really hard one. It changes with my moods. Maybe Tegan and Sara.
68. WHATS YOUR FAVORITE TV SHOW?
Switched at Birth. I hate the plot and basically the whole show, but I get to stare at Sean Berdy. I usually watch it on mute so I can relate.
70. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR?
71. DO YOU HAVE ALL YOUR FINGERS AND TOES?
72. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU WORKED OUT?
Two days ago. Not for myself, mind you. My mama needs a lot of support in her weight loss endeavors.
73. DID YOU NOTICE THAT THERE WAS NO #69?
74. WHATS THE FASTEST YOU HAVE GONE IN A CAR?
90 in a 65 zone. No, I do not have a permit or license.
75. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS?
Um, no. Not particularly.
76. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENINGING TO?
Cicadas and my computer hum.
77. LAST THING YOU DRANK?
78. LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
79. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE IN THE OPPOSITE/SAME SEX?
Oh well, I tend to look at the shoes for a good reading of who they are. I would never date someone that wears TOMS.
80. FAVORITE THOUGHT PROVOKING SONG?
The Sea Is a Good Place by Los Campesinos.
81. FAVORITE THING TO HATE?
The latest Disney shows. For real, what the hell were they thinking with Shake It Up?
82. FAVORITE MONTH OF THE YEAR?
83. FAVORITE ZODIAC SIGN?
85. WHAT IS YOUR HAIR COLOR?
86. EYE COLOR?
89. FAVORITE FAST FOOD RESTAURANT?
90. YOU LIKE SUSHI?
It has to be fresh.
91. LAST THING YOU WATCHED?
92. FAVORITE DAY OF THE YEAR?
93. PLAY ANY MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS?
All small concert percussion instruments, concert snare, concert bass drum, marching bass, and quads (tenors).
94. REPUBLICAN OR DEMOCRAT?
95. KISSES OR HUGS?
Neither. Unless I know you really well.
96. RELATIONSHIPS OR ONE NIGHT STANDS?
One day stands. I don’t do sex.
97. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU BOUGHT?
I don’t remember. Groceries?
98. WHAT KIND OF CAR DO YOU HAVE?
Had a black Buick Regal but then I sold it and it blew up on the buyer. Literal combustion.
99. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING?
Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief. I love it!
100. DESCRIBE YOUR LOVE LIFE:
IF YOUR LIFE WAS A MOVIE, WHAT WOULD THE SOUNDTRACK BE?
1. Open your library (iTunes, Winamp, Media Player, iPod, etc)
Opening Credits: Timestretch by Bassnectar (That’s my jam)
Waking Up: Bury Your Flame by La Dispute (Um ok…)
First Day At School: Lucky You by Dynamik (Not so much if you have to go back to school)
Falling In Love: Sic Semper Tyrannis by Mae (The phrase means ‘thus always to tyrants’, how appropriate)
Breaking Up: Meet Me on the Equinox by Death Cab for Cutie (Sure)
Prom night: Monsters by Hurricane Bells (Fitting, as I frown upon the frivolous ritual that is prom)
Life: Enjoy the Show by Lydia (Nice, I like it)
Mental Breakdown: Sindy Says by Dressy Bessy (That song would be the one to lose sanity to)
Driving: New Storms for Old Lovers by La Dispute (I haven’t got a lover, old or new)
Flashback: Eat That Up, It’s Good for You by Two Door Cinema Club (Decent, I suppose)
Getting back together: Paris is Burning by Saint Vincent (Beautiful symbolism)
Wedding: The Greatest Lie by Circa Survive (Perfect! This “soundtrack” is rather cynical)
Birth of Child: Generator (Second Floor) by Freelance Whales (Generating babies, that is)
Final Battle: Hannah by Freelance Whales (Lame)
Funeral Song: Shooting the Moon by OK Go (I guess when you look at it sideways, figuratively that is, it fits)
Final Credits: Arrow by Tegan and Sara (Wonderful song to end the bit)
So there’s that. Most don’t fit at all, but I do like The Greatest Lie for the Wedding.
YOU KNOW YOU'RE AN AUTHOR IF...
1 You talk to yourself a lot. Everyone does.
2 You talk to yourself about talking to yourself. Guilty as charged.
3 When you talk to yourself you often talk to yourself like you're talking to someone else. How else could I?
4 After uttering a profound piece of wisdom like that above, you stare at the cookie in your hand with awe and say, "Wow,this stuff is great for sugar highs..." Well, yeah.
5 You live off of sugar and caffeine. Just caffeine, dear.
6 You'll check your e-mail every day of the week and then disappear off the face of the earth. Regularly.
7 Your e-mails tend to be pages long and incredibly random. That depends entirely on whether I like/dislike the person.
8 When replying to an e-mail, you'll never actually address the point of it. Rarely.
9 You tend to collect Bic Stics off the ground like picking pennies off the ground. Any writing utensil, really. I'm not picky.
10 No matter where you are in a room you never have to get up to find a pen/pencil and paper. Anywhere in my house (yes that includes the bathroom; you never know when inspiration will strike). We are a family of artists, what can I say?
11 The letters on your keyboard are wearing off. Yes, actually. There is no d key and the cover for g is missing.
12 You tend to correct random typos made by other people. Always. Spoken grammar, too.
13 Your friends and family think that you have carpal tunnel syndrome. Like many teenage boys (wink-wink), I almost have carpal tunnel. Mine is born of a more noble habit, though.
14 People think you have A.D.D. I have been falsely accused many times. I can focus, I just choose not to if you are boring.
15 You think it'd be cool to have A.D.D. Nah, my lil bro's got it. We only need one of each mental disorder in this family.
16 You constantly start talking in third person, present or past tense. Only when using sarcasm, or proving a point. Usually both.
17 You start thinking about making lists like this and start giggling for no "apparent" reason. I'm not much of a giggler, but I laugh randomly. Often in the most inappropriate of situations.
18 Your friends stopped looking at you funny when you laugh for no apparent reason a loooooong time ago. Aw, you used the plural of friend! But really, my bestie usually just laughs at me.
19 And FINALLY, the one way to tell if you're a good writer: You failed English 101. Failure is not in my vocabulary!!!
YOUR GUY SIDE:
~You love hoodies.
YOUR GIRL SIDE:
~You wear lip gloss
Okay, so according to this sexist list I am a failure of a girl. Oh well.
X You own a cell phone.
X You own something from Abercrombie.
X You own something from Pac sun.
X You own something from Hollister.
X You own something from American eagle.
X You love/like going to the mall.
X You own an iPod/MP3 player. (Duh, so does nearly every other body on the planet)
X You love Starbucks.
x you have been called a brat.
X You hate buying things that are on sale.
X You have more than one house.
X Black is one of your favorite colors.
X You have thought about death. (Yeah, but not as in suicide. Just imagining what/if anything happens next)
X You wear chains.
X You like heavy metal.
X You’ve shopped at Hot Topic.
X You have worn black lipstick.
X Your hair was/is dark.
X You dislike preps.
X You’re an Atheist/Satanist/Agnostic. (Agnostic atheism to be exact)
X You can skateboard
x you’ve worn plaid.
X You like Converse.
X You hate MTV.
X You have/had blue, pink, red, purple, or green hair or streaks. (Flaming orange streaks: I miss them)
x you dislike pink.
X You hate/dislike preps.
X you wear/wore skateboarding shoes.
X You love the computer.
X You like Harry Potter.
X You are supposed to wear glasses/contacts
x you get straight A's.
X You love/like reading.
X You were/are in band.
X You don't care what you look like.
X You have a curfew.
X You always do your homework.
X You never miss school unless you're sick.
Total: 10 (Big surprise!)
X You watch/watched the Super bowl.
X You own track shoes or other sports related shoes.
X You collect your jerseys.
X You have a wall or shelf dedicated to your trophies / awards.
X You have posters or plaques of famous athletes.
X Your garage consists of sports equipment.
X You belong/belonged to a school team. (I hardly think half of one tennis season counts.)
X You are going/did go to a sports summer camp.
X You have a specific number.
X You like loud music.
X You love/loved the Ninja Turtles.
X You never walk anywhere.
X You wear slip-on shoes.
X You wear/wore Vans.
X You like the band Panic! At the disco.
X You wear band t-shirts.
X People have called you a freak and meant it.
X You love to "hardcore" dance.
X Hair has been died more than 1 colour
Conclusion: I am an utter geek. Tell me something I don’t know.
Have you ever read a six/eleven fanfic before? Fang/ Gozen. nope
Do you think four is hot? how hot? she’s a little young to judge that just yet...
What would happen if eleven got eight pregnant? If Gozen got Ari pregnant, that would be a confused child.
Do you recall any fics about nine? sure do
Would two and six make a good couple? Gazzy and Fang? Um Gazzy is way too young for a relationship
Five/nine or five/ten? Max/Jeb or Max/Total. Incest or bestiality? I’d have to say Max/Total. What? It’s just puppy love.
What would happen if seven walked in on one and two in an awkward situation? Dr. M walks in on Iggy and Gazzy? She kind of knows everything so she’s not surprised. She does scold Iggy for the age gap, though.
Make up a summary of a three/ten fanfic. One day Ella Martinez is walking her talking dog Total when she gets drugged by some wanna be gangsters. She wakes up in a strange place and says, “I don’t think were in Kansas anymore, Total!”
Is there any such thing as a one/eight fluff? Iggy/Ari? Actually, yes.
Suggest a title for a seven/ten hurt/comfort fic. (Dr. M/Total) I Should Have Told You Akila Had STDs
What kind of plot would you use if you wanted four to go out with one? I’d have to kill off Ella to get Iggy to go for Nudge.
Does anyone on your friends list read three slash? There’s a friends list?
Does anyone on your friends list write or draw eleven? Why must you torment me with my lack of friends?! How could you draw Gozen?
Would anyone on your friends list write two/four/five? Maybe if Max walked in on Nudge and Gazzy doing thier math homework. Scandalous!
What might ten scream in a moment of great passion? Akila!
If you wrote a song fic about eight what song would you choose? Definitely Milkshake.
If you wrote a one/six/ten fic what would the warning be? Warning: contains homoerotic themes and bestiality.
What would be a good pickup line for ten to use on two? A Total pick up on Gazzy? “I love the way your farts smell?”
I'm not sure what else to put on here, so yeah. PM me if you'd like! I love random messages in my inbox.