Poll: What are your favorite genres of stories? Vote Now!
Author has written 12 stories for Harry Potter, Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Maximum Ride, Avatar: Last Airbender, Pendragon, Young Justice, and Twilight.
I'm Shelby! Hello to all of you people who have stumbled onto my profile page. :)
Proud member of the National Honor Society and currently attending Tulane University.
I'm an active Beta-Reader, but at the moment I am not accepting Beta Requests.
Have any questions about story updates and want an immediate answer? Find me on tumblr under the username queen-narcissa-malfoy.
Visit my Scentsy Shop here!
Stop the Pairing Wars!
By copying and pasting this in your profile, you vow to respect other pairings and the people that like them.
You shalt not insult them, explain why they can't be together, or say that they would rather be with someone else.
You shalt have your opinions but shalt not insult pairings. You shalt avoid them if you hate them.
You shalt keep an open mind about stories even if you despise the pairing.
You shalt paste this in your profile.
Works In Progress/Coming Up: (Note: Ratings, Titles, and Summaries are subject to change at the discretion of the author.) - Updated January 31st, 2015
1. Law-Abiding Citizen - Rated M for language and adult themes; He was happy being a hothead and a player, not wanting to be tied down and end up like his parents. She had a chip on her shoulder and a personal vendetta against men. They had nothing in common except for the fact that they each hid a life-changing secret, and apparently, that was enough. (Paul Lahote/OFC; Wolf-Centric.) (X/X) CURRENTLY BEING POSTED!
2. Against the Grain or Steady as the Beating Drum - In the late spring of 1607, the first Europeans land on the Washington Coast and encounter a small tribe of Native Americans. On one of the ships is Katherine - spunky, determined, and craving adventure in the New World... Until she meets one of the so-called 'savages.' Caught up in a war she wants no part of and with a battle raging between her head and her heart, it soon becomes clear that no matter how hard you try, not every story can have a happy ending. A tale of sacrifice, tradition, and love that transcends social norms. (Jacob/OFC, AU) (WIP)
3. Hell in High Heels or How the Queen Conquers - Unrated; "Leah Clearwater hated imprinting with every ounce of her soul, but she still wished that it would happen to her, if only to put a stop to the pain. Be careful what you wish for." Leah had resigned herself to being alone for the rest of her life, but when a stranger comes to town she's thrown headfirst into the miraculous world of imprinting. Soon she is faced with a choice between following her head and her heart, and is forced to realize that things are not always what they seem. (Leah Clearwater/OMC.) (WIP)
4. Illusions of the Mind or The Truth About Happily Ever After - "I need you both to help me steal the body of a coma patient from the hospital." Embry finds out his new apartment isn't entirely empty. Haunted by a woman who can't remember anything about her past life, Embry goes on the adventure of a lifetime as he unravels the story of an overworked 'ghost', and learns a little about himself along the way. Eventual Imprint. Based on the movie Just Like Heaven. (Embry Call/OFC) (Coming Up/Debated)
5. Two Roads Diverged or Stories We Tell - Unrated; She had stumbled into his life as a frazzled mess, with an independent streak that was potent enough to give him gray hairs. Brady always knew that his imprint would be on the quirky side, but this was a bit ridiculous. (Brady/OFC.) (WIP)
6. What Destiny Has Planned - "It's like the memory of a lullaby someone used to sing to you, but you just can't remember the words." She goes to sleep excited to meet her cousin's new fiancé, and wakes up with scars across her face and a ring on her finger. After a freak accident, Emily bumps her head and wakes up with no memory of the past few years - which means no memory of the wolves, Sam, her 'accident,' or the imprint. (Emily Young/Sam Uley) (WIP)
7. Stumbling Towards Ecstasy or The Story of Us - Kim knew that she and Jared were meant to be together - even if he didn't know it yet. She just never thought that their relationship would start with a door to the face and a broken nose. (Kim/Jared) (Coming Up)
8. Bright Morning Star or All of the Stars - Rated T; The five times that Sam carried Emily to bed, and the one time that he didn't. (Oneshot)
9. Armor Made of Steel or A Battle of Wills - Rated T; Meeting her was fate, becoming her friend was a choice, and falling in love with her was... inevitable. (Collin/OFC.) (Coming Up)
10. Shatter Into Me or Hearts that Beat in Time - Sequel to Take A Chance On Me; Embry/OFC, background Seth/OFC.
11. Delightfully Bittersweet or A Forbidden Affair - Collin was happy living his life as a single bachelor, but is hit with an astounding, horrifying revelation when he imprints... on his new step-sister. Taboo; Rated M.
1. Not A Laughing Matter - "One day," she mused, "whether you're 16, 28, or 65, you will stumble upon someone who will start a fire in you that cannot die; but the saddest, most awful truth you will ever find is that they are not always with whom we spend our lives." Rated M. (Fred Weasley/OFC.) Starts during GoF.
2. - George goes through life like it's all some big game; everyone tells him that he needs to take it, and his safety, more seriously. * spends her days being careful and cautious after a terrifying accident ruined her courage; everyone tells her that she needs to take life a little less seriously. (George Weasley/OFC.) (Coming Up.)
3. - Neville Longbottom/OFC. (Debated.)
4. Matters of Most Importance - At a Ministry Business Ball that he is required to attend, Percy Weasley meets a girl. (Percy/Audrey) WIP
5. Seeing Double - They were so alike that even their own mother had trouble telling them apart, but... George is a sweetheart. Fred is not. George knows where to draw the line. Fred does not. George wants to fall in love. Fred does not. But George does not. And Fred does. A Oneshot in Three Parts. Coming Up.
6. The Paths We Carve - It was just a stupid accident that should have never occurred, but the consequences of their mistakes were dire. Left with a promise he isn't willing to break and an independent woman he isn't sure what to do with, Charlie is forced to realize that even the most foolproof plans never go exactly as expected. Charlie Weasley/OFC.
Avengers/Marvel Cinematic Universe:
1. The Paths We Carve or The Road to Hell - Unrated; Bruce Banner had good intentions; at least, that's what he had been telling himself. If he kept people away, it would save everyone a lot of pain in the long run - he could move on without getting attached. But then every time she smiled, all of his good intentions went flying out the window. (Bruce Banner/OFC.) (WIP)
2. Broken Arrows or Unfamiliar Unknowns - Unrated; It was a long time ago, but he still felt the pain of his choices. Now his past has come back to haunt him, and Clint must decide whether to fight against his demons, or let his own guilt consume him. (Clint Barton/OFC.) (Coming Up)
3. Pleasure in the Crosshairs - Rated T; He didn't know much about the mysterious girl that kept appearing in his life, but he knew one thing: she was dangerous. (And pretty.) Clint Barton/OFC. Oneshot. (WIP)
4. Demons That Haunt Me - Unrated; As memories of his life started to seep through the cracks, Bucky is haunted by the people that he destroyed. Then she smiles her way into his life and shows him that the monster of his past doesn't necessarily have to be the man of his future. (Bucky Barnes/OFC.) (Oneshot.) (WIP)
5. Sweet Surrender - Unrated; (Steve Rogers/OFC) (WIP)
6. - They were so alike that people thought they were brothers, but... Steve is a sweetheart; Bucky is not. Steve is small; Bucky is not. Steve is a terrible fighter; Bucky is not. Steve wants to be drafted; Bucky does not. But Steve is not; and Bucky is. (Oneshot; Stucky friendship)
7. Burns Hot Enough to Last - Clint Barton's life was changed forever the moment a stranger knocked on his door. (Coming Soon.)
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.:
1. Dancing in the Minefields or Russian Ricochet - Unrated; In 16 months, Grant Ward managed to make a new identity in Russia, fall in love, lose the girl, lose his mind, and nearly destroy the Russian Embassy in Warsaw. Well, they never said life as a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent would be easy. (Grant Ward/OFC, Character Study.) (WIP)
1.The Truth About Lying - It was supposed to be a bet - he gets into her pants and he gets to keep a brand new car. Getting to know her was easy but falling in love with her was... unexpected. A chronological story-telling of how teenage Peter Hale earned his blue eyes. Peter/OFC; Pre-Canon.
2. Life After You - They hadn't seen each other in years, but the pain of their goodbye held a permanent place in her mind. Now she's back in Beacon Hills ready to start her life over - but this time, without him. Set in Season 4. (Derek Hale/OFC.)
3. The Road to Hell or Traditional Family Values - Julia Parrish considered herself to be a good person. She had a steady job, a dog, and house with a white-picket fence; she didn't smoke, drink, or sleep around. She lived on the straight-and-narrow, never once feeling that lure of danger and adventure... And then she met Derek Hale. (Derek/OFC.) Set in the beginning of Season 4. (WIP.)
Chronicles of Narnia:
1. As the Tide Turns or The Persistence of a Pevensie - Edmund hated the idea of an arranged marriage with a burning passion, but knew that he had to do his duty for his kingdom. When the ring is stolen by a (rather pretty) bandit, he is forced to realize that the person you are is not necessarily defined by the things that you have done. During the Golden Age. Edmund Pevensie/OFC
2. Letter to No One or Writer's Block - In the bleak mid-winter, in the safe haven of the stuffy library in Finchley, Edmund meets a girl. Well, sort of. - Edmund Pevensie/OFC (WIP; Two-shot.)
3. Discordant Harmony (Concordia Discors) - He was tired of the duties that came with being king; she was sick of the rules and regulations that would force her to marry someone she didn't love. When she is caught along in the waves of a slave trade and he happens to intercept on a nightly trip to the outer villages, two world's collide. During the Golden Age. Edmund Pevensie/OFC.
4. Fire-Flowers in the Sun or What Grace Has Given - She was ruthless and dangerous, not hesitating in doing anything that she had to do to protect her younger brother, even if that meant murdering one of the most beloved people in all of Narnia: the High King. Caught between her love for her family and her unexpected feelings for the man she is supposed to kill, Eva must decide whether the shadows of her past truly have to be the choices that define her future. (Peter Pevensie/OFC); WIP.
5. - A law from before the Dark Times comes to light that explains the leading royal of Narnia must choose a bride or he loses his rise to power. Caught in a whirlwind of suitors and contenders for his hand, Peter struggles to put off a wedding for as long as he can - at least, until he tracks down the mysterious woman that teases and taunts him through her fanciful messages. (Peter Pevensie/OFC.)
1. Child's Play - Percival didn't know what it was about himself that was so enticing to small children, but didn't question it. When he manages to save a small child from getting robbed on one of his rare trips to the marketplace, he finds that he takes a liking to the boy's young mother, much to her chagrin. (Percival/OFC) (WIP) (?/3)
2. See No Evil or The Persistence of Being - Rated T; Gwaine's smooth-talking words and handsome face have never failed him, but he is pushed into a rude awakening after a run-in with the blind daughter of the town stable-master. Maybe a pretty face isn't the most important thing in the world after all. (Gwaine/OFC.) (Coming Up) (?/3)
1. Thesis Statement or Feet That Stray - Spencer Reid is sad; a newly-widowed kindergarden teacher that just moved into his apartment building is equally sad, and Spencer finds out that even with all of his endless knowledge, there are still things that he needs to learn. (Spencer Reid/OFC.) (Coming Up)
1. Famous Last Words or Rewrite History - Tim gets an email from an old friend, and chaos ensues. (Tim McGee/OFC.) (Coming Up)
2. On the Edge or Peak of the Tailspin - When a woman from Tony's past shows up at NCIS headquarters with a mysterious package for Tony, his entire life is thrown into a tailspin as their current murder investigation reaches its climax. (Tony Dinozzo/OFC) (Coming Up.)
4. Accidental Meetings - Unrated; The _ times McGee ran into her in the hallway and the one time he actually thought to ask for her name. (Tim McGee/OFC) (Oneshot, WIP)
3. Unfamiliar Unknowns or Safe Asylum - He didn't expect any of this to happen; after all, he was just doing his job. Helping people - that's what he did best. And when he saw those men following her down that alley, well, he had sprung into action before he could even think through the danger he would put himself in. (Tony Dinozzo/OFC.) (WIP)