Author has written 12 stories for White Collar, Sherlock, Being Human, and Captain America.
About Me (if anyone actually cares): I am an engineer in the aviation industry. I don't often have enough time to write, but when I do it's for catharsis. I'm also usually drunk. So for the most part I avoid lengthy and plot-filled fics and tend more towards literary snap-shots. Despite my focus on math and science at university, I do have an extensive background in music and a more than passing acquaintance with language and art. So no, I'm not just making shit up. ;) While I do write some slash, that's not all I write (even though many people see pre-slash in my gen fics. I really just see that as characters being comfortable with each other).
I write mostly for myself now since my writing has become forced when I write to satisfy other people. That being said, I also write to improve. So if there's something you see in my stories that can be improved (especially with pacing since I have some trouble with that), PLEASE let me know. You get better by writing more, I know, but constructive criticism is incredibly helpful.
And yes, I generally hate when people copy and paste into their profiles, but this is something very near to my heart. In the US, we try to operate under the assumption that all men and women are created equal, yet there is still legally enforced discrimination and abridgment of the rights of homo/bi/trans/anything-I-missed-sexuals. Though I realize that biting criticisms of the arguments against gay marriage won't change anything in the end, hopefully it can cause at least one person to rethink their stance and to realize that people, regardless of how they were born, are still people and deserve to be treated with the same respect and dignity as everyone else. Regardless, it makes me feel better. I shall now step off my soap box.
2) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.
3) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.
4) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.
5) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Brittany Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.
6) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.
7) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.
8) Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.
9) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.
10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.