Author has written 2 stories for Danny Phantom.
I'm a father of two in my late 40's who enjoys writing and reading amateur stories. I know, at that age my interest with the fandoms I write about may seem a bit creepy, but I enjoy them and personally believe age is just a number; you're only as young or old as you think you are. I'm most interested in writing about Danny Phantom and Teen Titans, but may write about other topics in the future. One never knows...
I've recently retired from the Navy and am currently attending college working toward my Management Degree, then on to an MBA. As such, my writing time (for pleasure) is EXTREAMLY limited, so please be understanding of that.
I'm also writing on this site as a form of therapy. The VA diagnosed me with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and both my mental health counselor and Taoist teacher suggested writing as an outlet for some of the frustration and anger I experience. So let me apologize in advance if my writing seems overly dark or depressing; I'll try to keep it light. I also write on another site as well, but it caters to a much more adult crowd. (Erotic stories) So if my writing on here gets a little too racy, please let me know and I might tone it down a bit.
And just so I establish them up front, here are a set of guidelines concerning me and my writing:
1) I write for myself first and foremost. I might take requests, but in my own time and my own way. I update when I get a chance and not sooner. The needs of my family and friends come before anything that has to do with this site. I will try to post a story in its entirety rather than a chapter at a time, but make no promises to that end.
2) I AM AN ADULT WRITER, and as such my stories may have graphic violence, disturbing images, sex or sexual situations within them. I will try to rate them appropriately (and error on the high side for cautions sake) and ask that attention be paid to the ratings.
3) I appreciate and welcome hard, constructive criticism to my writing. That being said, mindless "flaming" that contains no usable critical advice will be ignored. Persistent mindless "flaming" will get you reported. I will not engage in a words war with people, so please don't waste time trying to bait me into it.
4) If I review your work and seem overly critical, it's only because I'm trying to help you become a better writer. I try to soften my criticism and suggestions when I can, but it still often comes out rather blunt. Please be assured that if I write a critical review of your work it is because I believe you have the potential to be a good writer. I don't have time to waste on writing reviews for lost causes. If my review does upset you or hurt your feelings, then please remember that wasn't my intention.
5) If you send me a private message I will try to respond to it as soon as I can. Please understand though that I have a family, friends, hobbies and responsibilities outside of this site that come first. If I don't respond to you within a few days it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you (unless your message was rude), it means that I am extremely busy and just haven't had time to log on and write back.
6) There are (at the time of this posting) over 15,000 Danny Phantom and 33,000 Teen Titan stories currently published on this site. Due to my responsibilities as a husband, father, student, and friend I don't have the time to read EVERY SINGLE STORY! This being the case, there is a chance that one of my stories may overlap or seem similar to someone else's. Trust me that it's not intentional. If I get an idea from reading someone else's story, I will write them first to let them know and make sure it's cool to continue. I will certainly give them all due credit in the story outline. If you feel my story is too similar to yours or someone else's then PM me with the story titles and I'll look them over to see if you're right. I prefer to be a gentleman on this site and will work with other authors to ensure their rights are not infringed upon.
7) On the flip side of the above coin, all story plots that I post here are MY intellectual property. If I find you’ve taken a plot of mine for another fic or (and especially) an original manuscript and claim it as your own, I will contact you and we will dialogue about it. (And possibly not in a friendly way.) Just know that I am a pretty laid back guy, but nothing boils my blood quicker than someone stealing from me.
8) Finally, this is a site meant to showcase our stories, receive some critical direction in our skills and maybe make some friends in the process. It is NOT a dating site, and I DID NOT come here for that. I only post this because I've had a few problems on the other site I write on concerning this and want to set the record straight ahead of time. I'm not trying to be vain in this; I just don't want any misunderstandings.
Obviously, I don't own Danny Phantom, Teen Titans, or any other source material already owned by someone else.
If you want to know anything else about me, just ask.
I've been kinda out of the game for awhile, due to some SERIOUS medical issues (nearly died) and college responsibilities. I am going to try and write more often though, as a creative outlet (business writing steals your sanity).