Hello to whomever has just clicked on my profile :D
I've been on Fanfiction.net since just after the new year, and have loved every minute of it here. The community is great, and I've met a very special person here too. But she lives on the other side of the world. But we're making it work, and I'm happier than I've been in ages. :D
A bit about myself:
- I'm a 18 Y/O Male and a proud citizen of Canada.
- I'm Bilingual (I speak both English and French, but English is my 1'st language.)
- Blonde Hair, Blue Eyes, 5'10.
- I've traveled around Europe to many major city's. (I'm a travel-nut, I love it so much!)
- I'm a very good cook and I do it regularly for my family.
- I'm a bit of an oddity amongst guys, or so I'm told. I've been told that I'm excessively polite to everyone, unless they show that they're not worthy of it. (Almost like a real-life Ash lol)
TV Show's I watch:
- Pokémon (Hence the picture >.>)
- Stargate (SG-1, Atlantis & SGU)
- Anything that comes on Discovery Channel (I'm one of those guys that ENJOY'S educational TV :P)
Movie's I like:
- Star Wars (All 6 Movies)
- Lord of the Rings
- Avatar (Me and everyone else on the planet :D)
Book's I like:
- The Inheritance Series (Eragon, Eldest & Brisignr)
- Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code, Angels and Demons and The Lost Symbol
- (Not really a book, but almost anything on FanFiction.net :D)
Ok, now for the interesting part :D What shipping's am I into?
AshXMay - AdvanceShipping
OK... There's a bit of a story behind this:
I visited my younger cousin last week and he dragged me off to watch hours of Pokémon episodes he got for his birthday. It was torture at first, having to watch all the old stuff that I vaguely remembered. I was starting to drift off to sleep when AG001 came on, and I woke up and said "Wait a sec... who's this new girl?" My cousin turned around and gave me a confused look and said "You don't know who that is? Her name's May"
I hadn't watch a single episode of Pokémon since 2003, so May was completely new to me. I hadn't even heard about any of the newer games or stuff like that. (Yes, I've been living under a rock :P )
When I got home I downloaded the newer episodes and as the show progressed I liked her a lot more than I ever had Misty when I was younger. After watching the 6'th Movie, I was curious as to what May was wishing for and went looking online, and came across Fanfiction.net. Someone had written a Fic on what they believed it was about and it was then that I found out about the concept of shipping. I looked up some more Advanceshipping stories on Fanfiction.net and a week later made my account. And here I am now :D
AshXDawn - PearlShipping
A few weeks after the previously mentioned event I got into the Diamond and Pearl series, and was completely lost. But I liked the character of Dawn a lot when I first saw her. So I came back here and looked up some AshXDawn stories and came across a Fic entitled "Light Into Darkness." Not only did it have Dawn in it but it portrayed Ash as the villain, something that is very unusual in a Fic. I read it and from that point on, I was sold :D
(UPDATE: 04/10/10) - Since I created my profile, I've actually grown to like PearlShipping a lot more than before. Some of the PearlShipping Fic's I've read are very well put together and their author's are extremely friendly people. I'm still a multi-shipper though, but I've grown to love PearlShipping a lot. I was actually rather sad when Dawn left the show and didn't even get a chance to go back to Kanto with Ash to see Pallet town.
I am neutral about almost every other kind of Fic EXCEPT for shipping's with Drew or Paul in them. I'm sorry If that offends anyone but I personally don't like them that much. I don't flame or condone flaming of any kind, but hey, were all entitled to our own opinions :D
Stories I'm Working On
- When Dawn confesses her feelings for Ash, her world falls apart when he doesn't respond to her feelings. Is Ash just clueless? Or could their be someone else...
Stories I'm going to do in the future
- A story involving Darkrai and it's nightmare inducing powers, but taken to the extreme.
- Ash dies and either Dawn or May have to go back in time and save him from death.
Can't think of anything else that I might have missed, so there it is people. That's me :D