Author has written 7 stories for Dragon Age.
My interests pretty much consist of Dragon Age, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, The Boondock Saints, dark faeries, Diet Pepsi and recently (though I’m about ten years late) the X-Files. I guess I'm a very simple person to get to know. I'm a part-time Fine Arts/Literature student, and I've recently had to take a full-time job. So my days of being a full-time writer are currently on hold. However, I am still working on my stories. Right now, they're lying half-finished, half-updated, and fully in a position to annoy me, but they're still my primary focus on my weekends.
I’ve also begun to post a little bit of my artwork on DeviantArt. So far, I’ve managed to get a handful of pictures up, including a couple from my stories. You can find me right here: http:///
Warnings and Apologies:
For some reason all the perspective breaks in the chapters (*) have disappeared, so I apologize to anyone trying to get through A Dark Promise for the jarring disruptions in the flow of the story. I managed to get Oaths finished.
My updates have all but stopped this past year. I'm hoping that my hiatus will be over with within the next month or so, but I'm no longer making any promises to when I'll get back in the game. I'm currently editing and working on Shades of Grey. The rewrite alone has been very time consuming, not to mention trying to get the dang thing finished, and my time just isn't my own anymore. So, it's taking me forever, but it's still being worked on. I stopped updating it just because it is undergoing a massive editing process, and I'd like to save myself another one in the future. So, I'd like to have it done before I start posting again. Once that happens, it'll be updated twice a week.
Time After Time is a project that's up in the air right now. With my focus on the prequel, I don't want to jump back and forth between the two. I have notes that I'm excited about sharing that should help in keeping me motivated, but I just can't promise I'll ever actually get back to it and finishing it. It's kind of sitting somewhere in the back of my mind, squirming away and hoping to get some attention eventually.
Work and Work in Progress with slightly better summaries (symbols indicate continuing storyline):
Shades of Grey (in progress): My second, yes second, play through story. This was intended to be a full novel of the Origins story, so I should warn that the first few chapters are heavy on the game dialogue. It also contains all major plot points and game advancing scenes, though I did add a whole bunch of my own interpretations as well. It clears up on the game stuff a bit after the Ostagar plotline.
Time After Time (in progress): Our rose-bearing hero takes a backseat role in this story while I decide exactly what Elissa was up to in Amaranthine for five years. Mostly original characters with a couple of familiar faces and a scattering of cameos. Mild plot – setting the stage for the events in Here Without You and exploring Elissa's character a bit as she deals with the after effects of the Blight and maybe takes a few years to grow up a little.
Here Without You (complete): Five years after the fight with the Archdemon, Dasque decides that she hates the ending where Alistair dumps Cousie for no good reason and seeks to rectify the matter. And she takes great delight in punishing him for it along the way. (Okay, maybe he had a good reason, but torturing him amuses me anyway.) Elissa Cousland and (gasp!) Morrigan are the primary plot runners for this one. Mostly from Alistair's POV. Dark Promise ending, Old God repercussions, and a handful of original characters. Alistair may swear off sex for good after this story. *This story is currently undergoing a full re-write to fix the inconsistencies that arose once I started it's prequels. It currently doesn't match up with SoG and TaT, but it will.*
*Oaths (complete): This is my female Cousland playthrough story. It's more or less scenes that I imagined between game content, assuming that the reader knows what's going on in that regard. Main characters are Cousie, Alistair, Zevran and Leliana, but the others are scattered in there as well. It's got it's fluffy, silly, and even occasionally funny moments, but it's also dark. Not safe for work, this one.
*Oaths: A Dark Promise (complete): This is an alternate ending to Oaths. Only a few chapters to make people not hate me for the other ending. I have to put more of a enough-fluff-to-make-you-sick warning on this one for the last chapter, but the first couple are probably also NSFW.
*In Dreams (complete) This is a one-shot written for those who didn't want the fluffy ending to Oaths. (Yes, the female character is, in fact, Rhiann) Alistair's walk into the deep roads. It's angsty, it's sentimental, and it's generally miserable. Much more melodramatic than my other fics.
Always (complete): One shot unrelated to either of the other stories – my exploration into the “secret companion” ending, though it takes place years after the fact, because, you know... all my stories are about Alistair. The Warden (any fem PC) answers The Call. Angsty.
Surrender (complete) I took up a challenge from the Cheeky Monkey Board and explored the Mahariel character in this one. Playthrough setting, but I ignored the actual plotline, assuming everyone knows it, and focused on the relationship between Alistair and Lyna. More of a character-driven story. It's pretty short, too, but I had a lot of fun trying to get my head inside of the Dalish Warden rather than Cousie for a change.
Questions and attempts at answers
I love getting PM's and notes, so feel free to drop me a line with suggestions or feedback any time. But, here's some answers to questions I get asked a lot:
1. Yes, you can repost/link my story as long as proper credit is given, and please just let me know first so I know where it's going.
2. Yes, I'm on LiveJournal, but I haven’t quite gotten anything posted on there that isn’t on here. Someday I’ll get my original stories up, when I feel they’re ready to share (read: next to never). However, I check it regularly and post other thoughts and essays on occasion, so if you'd like to add me as a friend, I'm right here: http:///
3. I'm also on Tumblr, but I have yet to do anything there but post artwork and updates on what's going on in my life (like why I'm not posting.) I'm still not really sure what I want to do with the space. But, if you'd like to add me just in case inspiration strikes, I'm right here: http:///
4. Yes, I got the title for Here Without You from the 3 Doors Down song. I suck at titles.
5. I do mention music a lot, but I don't write songfics. It's not my style, and I think I'd be really bad at it, anyway. This kind of goes hand in hand with the answer to the last question, so indulge me while I give the long answer: Music is a major part of my life, right up there with writing. I listen to everything, and I mean everything (except techno – screw techno) from metal to rap to utterly cheesy crap that no one but me would ever admit to. I've always got my headset on while I'm writing to help get my head in the right place. As a result, sometimes I'll be listening to a song when a certain line sparks my creative process and starts to evolve into scenes flashing through my head, and thus a new story is born. Whether or not it turns into anything is always in question. It's less about lyrics and more about the overall mood the music sets.
6. I'm absolutely open to song suggestions and quotes for chapter headings--I've gotten quite a few from readers already and each song suggested to me so far has ended up on my writing playlists. So by all means, drop me a note. I'd love to hear it.