Author has written 56 stories for Saiunkoku Monogatari, and Kyo kara Maoh!/今日からマ王！.
Please do let me have your comments. You can leave a message in Reviews or Private Message (PM) or even my email address at email@example.com
The icons/images used in my fics here are cropped, reduced-size, and lower-resolution images of my fanart illustration for my Saiunkloku Monogatari fanfics.
My fanart for anime series Saiunkoku Monogatari, Toward the Terra, Asatte No Hoko, and Ayakashi Bake Neko, is posted in LiveJournal and deviantART. To view, click on the links below.
Note: this account is not up-to-date (abandoned).
This account is absolutely up-to-date, and can be viewed full-size, but you may need to hold/open a dA account to view my gallery as some images are under mature filters.
I have only ONE SaiMono ficverse, and all my writings build on this ficverse, albeit not in chronological order. As such, it gets a little confusing. So here’s a fic-map. At times, the chronological order is deliberately juggled-about in order to maintain elements of surprise in certain fics.
[fics marked * have not been posted to FFN but are already in my deviantart account]
The first part of the Twin Irises Arc consists of four fics:-
1) Twin Irises(pairing: Shuei/Koyu); time-fit: starts at almost the same point as the anime season 1 (Shuei and Koyu in the Archives, waiting for Ryuki).
2) Within Five Feet (with support from Ryuki) Time-fit: sequel to Twin Irises; takes place during Ryuki/Shuei/Koyu's trip to Sa Province to catch a glimpse of Shurei.
3) Taken Cold (with support from Shoka, Kijin, Reishin, Ryuki) Time-fit: sequel to Within Five Feet.
4) Ryuki's Gift (epilogue)
The next bundle of fics take place within the same time-frame as Twin Irises. However, they are one-shots, and do not affect the major events in the overall ficverse storylines.
1) *Testicles Time-fit: between Chapters 1 and 2 of Twin Irises.
2) Silk Pants Time-fit: one month after the start of Twin Irises, right after chapter 2.
3) Tonic with Plums Time-fit: between chapters 2 and 3.
4) Doctor Shoka Is IN Time-fit: after Tonic with Plums; between chapters 2 and 3 of Twin Irises.
5) Tiny Time-fit: before Chapter 3 of Twin Irises.
6) Overheated Time-fit: Before Not Enough Layers; in relation to Twin Irises, between Chapter 2 and Chapter 3.
7) Not Enough Layers (with support from Ryuki) Time-fit: between chapters 2 and 3 of Twin Irises.
8) Scholarly Body (with support from Ryuki) Time-fit: sequel to Not Enough Layers; between chapters 2 and 3 of Twin Irises.
9) Non-Existent Breasts Time-fit: the day after Koyu and Shuei consummated their relationship.
11) Extra Extra Sweet (with support from Ryuki) Time-fit: Koyu and Shuei are new-ish lovers.
12) Shooting Autumn Leaves Time-fit: between Chapter 4 and Chapter 5 of Twin Irises, before Koyu moves into Ran Manor.
13) *Conversation on a Winter's Day Time-fit: after Shooting Autumn Leaves; in relation to Twin Irises, this fits between Chapter 5 and Chapter 6.
14) Introduction Time-fit: Between Chapter 5 and Chapter 6 of Twin Irises.
15) *This is Some Wedding Night
16) Teapot Time-fit: right after the wedding in Chapter 7 of Twin Irises.
17) Campfire (with support from Ryuki) Time-fit: also during the trio's trip to Sa Province, but takes place after Within Five Feet.
18) Unconventional Gifts (no pairing, Shuei and Ryuki, with mention of Shuei/Koyu pairing) Time-fit: after the trio gets back from their trip to Sa Province.
19) Four Hands in One Lump of Dough Time-fit: later part of Twin Irises Arc.
The next fic is just me letting off some steam:-
We Just Want to Stay in Love(pairing: Koyu/Shuei, with support from most of the cast) Time-fit: just after the end of anime season 1 and before season 2, after the party in the Archives.
1) Courtyard Time-fit: one week after the wedding in Twin Irises.
2) Because Mine is Bigger (actually, no Shuei and Koyu here! with support from Shoka) Time-fit: before Sweet Titbit.
3) Sweet Titbit (Shuei and Koyu are off-screen; supporting role: General Haku) Time-fit: after Twin Irises.
4) Seedless Lychee (with General Haku) Time-fit : after Sweet Titbit.
5) 307 (Shuei and Koyu are off-screen) Time-fit: after Twin Irises, before Within Five Feet.
6) Picnic Time-fit: after 307, before The Melting Snow Party.
7) Orange Duck Time-fit: anytime after Courtyard.
8) Reishin's Spy Time-fit: post Ryuki's Gift.
9) The Melting Snow Party Time-fit: start of spring after the winter when Shurei returned to the capital for Choga; after Reishin's Spy.
10) Breakfast Time-fit: the morning after The Melting Snow Party.
11) Brothers (actually, no Shuei and Koyu here! Pairing: Kuro/?; with support from Shoka) Time-fit: after The Melting Snow Party.
12) Dance. Drum. Time-fit: after Reishin's Spy.
13) Sickroom Time-fit: that same start of spring as Breakfast.
14) Sizes and Names Time-fit: after Sickroom.
15) *THAT Beard Time-fit: Anytime after Twin Irises.
16) The General's Man (pairing: Shuei/Koyu); time-fit: about one year after Twin Irises.
17) Blue Ribbon (pairing: Shuei/Koyu, Kijin/Reishin, Ran Setsuna/Reishin); time-fit: a couple of years after Twin Irises. Consists of seven chapters:-
i. You Can Never go Home Again
ii. Secret Letters
iii. Letting Go
v. Love Song
vii. New Growth
18) Grandfathers Do It Too (pairing: Koyu/Shuei, Reishin/Kijin); time-fit: four years after the end of anime season 1; after Blue Ribbon
The Mask stories (Kijin/Reishin):-
1) Tiger Mask Time-fit: any time during the Twin Irises is ok.
2) Dotting the Eyes Time-fit: not long before Shurei's open inquiry in Episode 18.
3) The Last Mask Time-fit: right after Shurei's open inquiry.
4) YellowTime-fit: two years after Kijin and Reishin became lovers; they are both twenty years old.
Then you have to crank that time-clock back for the next fics (Kijin/Reishin):-
1) 奇人KI-JIN time-fit: almost two decades before Twin Irises. Consists of 7 parts/chapters:-
i. Unconventional friendship
ii. Undiscovered Territory
iii. The Test
iv. A Light in the Dark
v. Hot Summer Nights
vi. White Skin Red Lips
2) *Control Time-Fit: Set during Reishin and Kijin's student days in the palace hostel.
3) Gamble (featuring Kocho; with support from Shoka) Time-fit: not long before Reishin adopted Koyu.
4) Rabbits (featuring Kocho) Time-fit:fourteen years after Gamble.
5) The Other Me (features Yushin) Time-fit: Just before Yushin leaves to take up his post as assistant governor of Sa Province.
6) Brother Shoka (no pairing); time-fit: more than two decades before Twin Irises.
7) Rules (featuring Koyu) Time-fit: After Chapter 6 of Twin Irises, in between Brother Shoka and Reishin's Painting.
8) Reishin's Painting (pairing: Reishin/Kijin); time-fit: any time during the Twin Irises is ok.
9) If Only ... (featuring Koyu) Time-fit: eight years before Twin Irises.
10) The Other Me (features Yushin) Time-fit: Just before Yushin leaves to take up his post as assistant governor of Sa Province.
11) The Red Devil (with Yushin/Sairin) Time-fit: Directly after the Choga Ceremony in anime Season 1, episode 38.
12) I'll Never Again … Time-fit: While Koyu is away at the palace hostel.
13) His Brother and His Lover Time-fit: After Blue Ribbon. In relation to the anime, this takes place three years after the end of Season 1 of the anime.
14) Merely Gorgeous (with support from Shoka) Time-fit: Seven years after the anime Season 1.
ABOUT MY GRAMMER (or lack of it!)
Tenses - I try really hard, but there are times when I honestly can't tell which is what! So if you come across inappropriate tenses, please let me know. Much appreciated.
Fragments - yes, there's quite a bit (meaning lots!) of that in my fics, all intentional (as far as I can tell!).
(a) I take liberties in some instances to achieve certain effects. Example:
"Koyu walked into the room carrying a tray of freshly steamed lotus seed paste manju. Which he promptly dropped."
Using a comma here (between "manju" and "which") would have lost the effect I wanted. The reader, in seeing the comma, would expect the sentence to carry on. That's not good here. I want the reader's thoughts to come to a stop, so that the next bit of information would be unexpected. Of course, there's the option of using a proper sentence for the next bit of information. I could have written, "Koyu walked into the room carrying a tray of freshly steamed lotus seed paste manju. He promptly dropped it." But this rather loses the punch, don't you think? _
(b) There's a lot of dialogue and thoughts in my writing. Most people, in casual conversations or in thoughts, do not use complete sentences all the time. Fragments in these instances are a reflection of speech and thought patterns.
(c) Then there are the fragments that appear in my prose. This is where I take the most liberties, my excuse being that the prose passages are usually very short, and interspersed with dialogue or thoughts (in italics). So, in order to keep the "feel" of the piece, I sometimes use fragments instead of proper sentences. Example:
"Ryuki looked at Shuei. Still catatonic. He turned to look at Koyu.
It IS huge. And, um, yeah, moving.
Ryuki's attention shifted. A few centimetres.
Same shade of aqua-green. Interesting. I always thought the grass would be greener on the INSIDE.
Still no reaction from Shuei."
Here, I want to convey the feeling of Ryuki's attention/thoughts jumping in quick succession from one thing to another. So the prose mimics the thoughts, fragmented and disconnected.
I would love to have your comments.