I can be contacted via twitter @AussieCarrie for info on how to find the two stories I recently had hosted on this site. As you can see, they are no longer hosted here. I am still writing them, and I will continue to provide access to them to those who genuinely want to read them.
Harrassment via twitter will be reported as such. Let's play nice, gals and guys :)
PM's for this site have been turned off.
I don't even know why I'm bothering to explain this, except that I will not put up with a. Cyber bullying, and b. attacks against my integrity. Therefore I will address a number of issues that have been raised, both in a reasonable and unreasonable manner. (And to those who raised them reasonably - bless you. And bless your parents for raising you well.)
1. The story was labelled Romance/Drama because it is a romance/drama. There is no option for a third category, and even so I would not have listed it as a tragedy, because it is predominantly a romance/drama. 40 out of a potential 42 chapters were about romance and the drama that accompanied it. Hence - romance/drama.
2. Readers were warned numerous times of a character death. I do not understand how anyone could have been surprised, when it was advised from the outset that there woud be a character death. I will not be held accountable for readers who chose to disregard that warning.
3. To those of you upset that the character death was not the person you presumed it to be - that's a technique called a plot twist. It's not called duping your readers. It is not called lying. It is definitely not called trolling for readers. I do not dupe. I do not lie. I do not troll. The same goes to those who were upset that I would not provide spoilers. When you read something, why woud you want to know how it ends before it's even begun? Gosh, why would you bother reading the story at all if that was the case?
4. The story was labelled Edward/Bella because it was predominantly an Edward/Bella pairing. To those who state it should have been just Edward - no, it shouldn't have. Once again, 40 out of 42 chapters were an Edward/Bella pairing.
5. Certain readers were blocked not because they left negative reviews, but because they made offensive and untrue assumptions about my character in reviews (which are for providing feedback about the chapter and the story - not a public forum. If you really, truly want to flame me as a person, if that makes you feel better about yourself, then by all means you can go to the Twilighted thread and do it there. Have a ball. I hope it makes you feel better.). They were blocked because they continued to leave these offensive and untrue assumptions both via review and via PM. They were bocked because they obviously had no further interest in reading my story, but continued to contact me with intentions that were clearly nothing more than a desire to 'flame' me. I was well within my rights to block these people. Negative reviews, that provided constructive critcism and feedback, have always been just as welcomed as positive.
6. It was mentioned a number of times that I specifically lied, by saying that my fic did not follow the plot of AWTR the whole way through. This is not a lie, because my fic didn't follow this plot the whole way through. If you are not familiar with AWTR, let me tell you that my plot began to deviate from that plot only a few chapters in. More so, at the end of AWTR, Jamie and Landon married, and Jamie passed away after a battle with leukaemia. At no point in my story did I include this. Therefore, my plot did not follow the plot of AWTR the whole way through. To those of you who thought that I meant Bella did not die - let me remind you again that I never once said that Bella would not die. This all comes full circle to pointd I made before, about not providing spoilers, about the character death warning, about plot twists.
7. The reference posted on my profile page about people clicking the red x (as in, close my page and read no further) if they had no sense of humour (and which obviously was not heeded) was not intended to be misconstrued as my thinking that death is funny. This was in rference to a joke, made between a reader and myself, and it referred to my new twitter moniker. I don't think anyone thinks death is funny, and it's kind of disturbing that people would assume that about someone.
8. Finally - writing is something that I do for fun, it is predominantly for my own pleasure and amusement. I posted on fanfic.net because I wanted to share what I enjoy doing. Fanfic is not real life. What I wrote was just a story - not even a published one, not even a real book. It's drabble from my imagination, and it honestly shocks and saddens me that this is what that became of it.Then again, I guess I should consider it a compliment that my words invoked such passion in people :)
Anyways, this is my answer to all the assumptions and presumptions. Gosh, who ever thought one little fic could cause such controversy! I'm happy to say that despite everything, my desire to keep tapping out my little ideas hasn't dampened.
I hope those who want to continue reading my story will contact me to do so, and I hope those who did not find it palatable move onto fics that are more your style.
Unsafe External Link