Big Draco/Hermione fan. Only some of my favorite Dramione fics:
1. THE FALLOUT by everythursday (aka Sage) - A MUST READ! AND IT'S FINISHED! Draco and Hermione interaction is spot on and realistic. Sage is clearly talented with a great control over language that makes for strong dialogue and haunting descriptions. Tone, pacing, characterizations are all so very strong, and I was entirely hooked on this story. Sage has worked on this story for a long time, and the time and consideration put into it is clearly evident. She writes my favorite characterization of Draco ever. If you haven't read any of Sage's work, go to the "Hawthorne & Vine" website and read, read, read! She's the best Dramione writer around! Yes, I said THE BEST.
2. DYSTOPIA by Rizzle - I love this characterization of Draco--he's charismatic with many selfish flaws. The dialogue is brilliant, and the ebb and flow of different tones throughout this short story is very natural. Rizzle's a very talented writer in general; great with words that make even the simplest action feel so powerful. What may seem like a generic plot regarding the recap of a marriage and divorce, Rizzle writes the characters so well that it becomes unique and real.
3. CREATURES OF THE WIND by everythursday (aka Sage) - Heartbreaking, haunting, and beautiful. I've read it so many times, and I cry each and every time. I cry just thinking about this story--it's THAT tragic. Sage's writing is brilliant and creative.
4. THE SYMMETRICAL TRANSIT, WHEN THE BELL TOLLS, ELEPHANT WALK by everythursday (aka Sage) - Of course, more Sage! She's amazing! Another three brilliant adventures for Hermione and Draco. In TST, the gradual build of their relationship is well-paced and believable all while being centered around a great plot. The witty banter is spot on, and I adore the ending. WTBT has a great Draco and a nice relationship build-up between him and Hermione. EW must be read a couple of times to completely "get it," but the more you read, the more you notice little particulars that make the read so much more exciting; I love their relationship in it--it feels like true love--and it's bittersweet.
5. LOVE IN A TIME OF THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE by Rizzle - There's always talk about writers who recycle the same storyline, but this cannot be argued with Rizzle's story. This is one of the most unique stories I have ever read. She fuses fantasy with horror so flawlessly. It's amazingly constructed, and the characterizations are captivating and charming. This story has me on the edge with anticipation as every chapter is uploaded. Bravo to Rizzle for this amazing ambition!
6. THE GOD OF THE LOST by Gravidy - It pains me, physically and emotionally PAINS me, that this story is not complete. I can't even reread it, because I get so upset about how BRILLIANT this story is, but not finished. Amazing plot, characterization, dialogue, EVERYTHING...except an ending! Any REAL Dramione fan needs to read this though - it's epic! I recommend anything written by Gravidy. [Note: Gravidy has removed all of her stories from online! I think I just died a little inside...]
7. MIDNIGHT by SpankingHalo - The dialogue is witty and believable, and the relationship between Hermione and Draco is gradually built. Draco's characterization is particularly impressive and he gets the wittiest and most haunting lines in the story. Definitely give it a read. It's not complete, but I read this story over and over again.
8. THE DRAGON'S BRIDE by Rizzle - The first half is particularly amazing. Rizzle's characterizations and descriptions make it a fantastic read.
9. SUSTENANCE (aka Subsistence) by SoftObsidian74 - Haunting, mysterious, and sexy. Three words: "Scream for me." [Note: SoftObsidian74 has removed all her stories from online, and I'm heartbroken over that. But if you do some digging, you can still find a lot of her work. Read it--it's very seductive.]
10. TEAR YOU APART by Kyra4 and BEST OF YOU by Co-Quill-Eon - Very dark and haunting. If you don't like noncon, then stay away. But these two stand out from other noncons because you get more insight to dark Draco's disturbing mind and Hermione's situation.
11. HUNTED by Bex-chan - Well-written and entertaining. Good characterizations and pacing.
12. IN THE DARKNESS, ALL CATS ARE GREY and ONE WILD NIGHT by AkashatheKitty - Smut galore. Moments of hilarity make these stories stand out in its genre. And the endings leave you wanting for more, not just more smut-goodness, but a more fleshed out storyline so that it doesn't have to end.
13. THE REVENANT by Atalanta84 - The story of rediscovering old love between our two favorite characters.
14. SILENCIO and YOU CHANGE MY MIND by AkashatheKitty - Great character interaction and very well-written. The last half (and last chapter!) of Silencio is especially fantastic! YCMM has great built-up tension and a great ending.
15. Water by kissherdraco - It's not complete, but still worth reading!
16. SLAVE FOR YOU and IT'S JUST ME by Jehszs - Two entertaining, well-written stories. Great descriptions, pacing, and character interaction.
17. CHOSEN'S TRIAL by Gravidy - Very creative storyline. One of the most original storylines I've read involving Dramione, but that's expected from a writer like Gravidy. Expect creativity, amazing characterizations, and powerful descriptions.
18. The Slow Thaw by camnz - Camnz is a great writer and I was left wanting more at the end! It was very good!
19. JOURNALS by Cyropi - Oh the angst! But it's done so well! The interaction between Draco and Hermione is written very well.
20. Days Without Rain by Lia - Mystery, suspense, drama! It had its spooky moments, too! I think she made some revisions to it on H&V, so read it there!
21. THE CRIMSON JESS by Gravidy - Flawless and powerful in such a short read...
22. South of Stockholm by musyc - This is Part I of a series and this is my favorite of the series. First off, Musyc is like the queen of dramione smut. This story is dark ad has violence and definitely worth reading.
23. LINKED by Philyra912 - Interesting plot, considering that Draco is always so good at hiding his feelings...
If you want more recommendations, check out my "favorite stories" list. Also, check my favorites list at Hawthorne and Vine. That website is the BEST for finding well-written Dramione stories and a great, active community. And if anyone wants to chat with me about Dramione stories, especially gush over everythursday's work, feel free to message me! And if you have any recommendations for me to read, send them my way--I love finding Dramione work that I may not have encountered yet!
DRAMIONE IS REAL:
Some Feltson quotes I adore:
“Between the ages of ten and twelve I had a really terrible crush on Tom Felton, to the extent that I would go into work in the morning and look down the numbers on the call sheet to see if he was going to be in. We love a bad guy, he was a few years older and he had a skateboard - and that just did it really. He totally knew [she had a crush on him] and the thing is that he’d tell everyone, ‘I see her in a younger, sisterly way,’ and it just broke my heart. It still does." - Emma Watson on Tom Felton
"Will they [Hermione and Draco] end up together in book six/seven? NO! The trouble is, of course, that girls fancy Tom Felton, but Draco is NOT Tom Felton. (My daughter likes Tom Felton very much, too, because he taught her how to use a diablo)." - J.K. Rowling (J.K. Rowling's World Book Day Chat, March 4, 2004)
I read this at www.dracohermione.org, and a fan, Dawn, was chatting with Tom Felton. If you want to read the whole thing, check out the site. Look under Xtra and read "Dawn's Journal" under Tom Felton Articles--
"Am I going out with Emma Watson? She's a lovely girl who's really pretty, but I'm not going out with her. I wish!" - Tom Felton (found at his official website)
Emma Watson: I confess, I had a bit of a crush of Tom Felton when I was younger in the early films...
In which Tom Felton does not deny a kiss with Emma Watson:
Okay, I'm not as creepy as I seem. Not obsessed, just a fan... All right, I'm a little obsessed.
Favorite shipper pairings:
Draco Malfoy/Hermione Granger (the Harry Potter series)
Buffy/Spike (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
Obi-Wan Kenobi/Padme Amidala (Star Wars)
Jack Sparrow/Elizabeth Swann (Pirates of the Carribean)
Dallas "Dally" Winston/Sherri "Cherry" Valance (The Outsiders)
Jasper "Jax" Jacks/Courtney Matthews-Jacks (General Hospital)
Logan/Jean Gray (X-Men)
Enjolras/Eponine (Les Miserables)
Favorite Websites: www.imdb.com, www.youtube.com, www.google.com, www.fanfiction.net, www.tumblr.com, (Hawthorne & Vine)
Ponyboy: Can you see the sunset on the southside really good?
"Nothing? Nothing? Nothing! Tra-la-la!" - Jareth from Labyrinth
Tracy: How do I look?
"I'm French! Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly pigdogs?" - French Guard from Monty Python and the Holy Grail
"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn." - Rhett Butler from Gone with the Wind (the movie) This quote has been chosen as the #1 quote according to AFI!
"She's so refined. I think I'll kill myself." - woman in audience from Singin' in the Rain
"Sarcasm is the protest of people who are weak" - A Separate Peace written by John Knowles
"Good timber does not grow with ease. The stronger the wind, the stronger the tree." - Williard Marriott
"Cry 'havoc' and let loose the dogs of war" - The Tragedy of Julius Caesar written by William Shakespeare
"Who do you think you are - Clark Gable?"
"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." - Myrna Loy
"I, for one, am tired of making myself look beautiful for women!" - Theo from "The Cosby Show"
"Listen to your heart and not your brain. Your brain can figure out what your heart wants. But this process does not happen in reverse." - Mme Frye
"Marty!" - Bobby from Bully
"Prosperity unbruised cannot endure a single blow, but a man who has been at constant feuds with misfortunes develops a skin calloused by time...and even if he falls he can carry the fight upon one knee." - Seneca on Providence
"It'll end senior year and we'll just pass each other in the hallways, doing the look-the-other-way thing."
"Love isn't brains, children, it's blood, blood screaming inside you to work your will. I may be love's bitch, but at least I'm man enough to admit it." - Spike from "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"
"Beware; for I am fearless, and therefore powerful." - the creature from Frankenstein