Author has written 15 stories for Harry Potter.
Call me Aebbe or Becca. Either one works. If you know where my pen name comes from, brownie points to you! I'm from the north of England, too old, and not planning to give up messing around with fanfiction any time soon.
Find me on tumblr at aebbeswriting.tumblr.com. I haven't had a fanfic blog long, so it's a bit quiet over there - but please come and say hi!
I also have a pinterest for this fanfic world at aebbesinspo, with development boards for a lot of the characters in my fics.
Fanfiction is where I play with ideas, have fun, practise my writing and procrastinate. I don't update very regularly all the time (sorry about that), but I'm still here and will one day finish this messy, sprawling web of interlinked stories and bits of character development. They aren't going to get abandoned, no matter how long they may sit on hiatus, because I love these ridiculous characters too much to let go.
They're all part of the same universe. Some are direct sequels of others, some contain spoilers for the others, most can more or less stand alone, but certain things will make more sense if you read all of them. OCs from one story will pop up in others. My fics are canon compliant with the original books. I don't always use Pottermore details or JK Rowling's more recent reveals, because I had my characters and stories set out before those were released. I ignore the existence of The Cursed Child completely.
I really appreciate all feedback on my work, so if you read it, please leave a review telling me what you think!
Sometimes people ask me which of my stories is first, or which they should read first, which is a tricky one because you don't have to read them in chronological order, and some of their timelines overlap, but then again some of them (not all) do form a sort of series that should be read in a specific order, and any fic could contain spoilers for one set chronologically earlier. Some spoilers are important, some aren't. However, here's a rough guide:
In (approximate) chronological order:
SLEEPING DRAGONS (in progress) - 992-c.1070
FINDING THE LIGHT (has been on hiatus for a long time, but will eventually be back) - 1969-c.1978
A MUGGLE THING (oneshot) - 1980
BIRDSONG IN THE DAWN (oneshot) - 1985
THE NATURALIST'S ASSISTANT (one shot) - 2010-2012
OWL POST (recently edited) - 2009-2028
BANK ROBBERIES, MOTORBIKES AND OTHER CHILDHOOD GAMES (oneshot) - 2015
PLAYING WITH FIENDFYRE (complete) - 2020-2021 (excluding prologue)
IF YOU WERE GAY (oneshot) - 2021
HOUSE OF CARDS (complete) - 2022-2023
THESE MORTALS (complete) - 2023
YOUR WORLD (complete) - 2024
CHOICES (complete) - 2027-2028 (excluding time travel sections and epilogue)
INHERITANCE (in progress) - 2027-2028
GOODBYE IS NOT THE END (oneshot) - 2043
- A good one to start with is HOUSE OF CARDS, even though it's not the first chronologically. It introduces the characters that feature in most of the other Next Gen stories, and it is also the first of the Dark League Arc, a series focused on one broader plot.
- THESE MORTALS is a direct sequel to House of Cards. It contains a lot of spoilers and makes a lot of references to it, although it focuses less on the Dark League Arc and more on the personal stories of the characters. Makes sense to read it second.
-YOUR WORLD is another sequel, starting more or less straight after These Mortals. It's a self-contained story so it's not crucial to have read the others first, but you might enjoy it more if you do. It also has spoilers for both These Mortals and House of Cards.
- CHOICES continues the Dark League plot to some extent, although its main plot is about something else. It's set a few years after the previous three, and contains some mild spoilers for them. It's weird and has time travel in it.
- INHERITANCE is (probably) the last of the Dark League stories. It's set more or less at the same time as Choices, following more of the Dark League plot. It's probably a bit confusing unless you've read Choices first, and it's very spoilery for all of the previous four in this list.
- SLEEPING DRAGONS is essentially a standalone at the moment, but it will contain some important backstory for some of the Dark League plot.
- Please, please don't read GOODBYE IS NOT THE END before you read CHOICES, because it's essentially an epilogue of that story and will make absolutely zero sense if you read it first, as well as spoiling the entire plot of Choices.
- OWL POST will make a lot more sense in places if you read the other Next Gen stories, and contains minor spoilers for some of them, especially House of Cards, These Mortals, and Playing with Fiendfyre. But they're only small ones, so it doesn't matter too much whether you read it before or after.
- The rest can be read at any point, in any order, or by themselves.