I'm a reader, not a writer.
Why read AH Twilight fanfics almost exclusively? Because Twihard ficsters tend to come up with the best stories.
FICS I'D PAY TO HAVE ON MY BOOKSHELVES:
1) The Naked Guy Upstairs by AngryBadgerGirl - witty banter, creative pop culture references, the sweetest moments and the juiciest lemons. Throw in a smart compassionate Bella, and oh, the BEST. EDWARD. EVER. ABG=Genius.
2) Worth the Burn by My-Bella - as close to a real life story as one can get, extremely well written and highly addictive: smart, substantial and non-angsty. A sweet, cheesy (almost perfect) E and my personal favorite Bella.
3) The Art After 5 series (Art After 5, Counterpoint, Guide to Losing a Player in One Date, and Some Little Girls) by sleepyvalentina - this is not fanfic. This is future New York Times Bestseller.
4) Bella Swan: Kidnapper by Kambria Rain - one of the most entertaining fics I've come across. Highly re-readable.
5) Coming Through the Rye by thx4fish formerly known as Mac214 - absolutely love this one. Sexy, sexy Scottish Edward, his not-so-secretly pining best friend Bella, and her hilarious inner voice Madge.
6) Show and Don't Tell by Brits23 - sweet, hot, funny, and just a little angsty. Bella's a kindergarten teacher, Edward's a commercial jingle composer, Tanya's psycho, and Jacob's gay.
7) The Submissive, The Dominant, and The Training by tara sue me - positively riveting. No wonder this series is on most of the favorite stories lists of the best twific authors.
8) Fourteen by crimsonmarie - one of the few Bella and Edward fics set in highschool that's more substantial than the typical set-in-highschool twi-fics. Now published by TWCS.
9) Songbird by Sydney Alice - this one had me mesmerized from start to finish.
10) Legacy by AutumnDreamer - A refreshingly smart-alecky Edward, bold/shy/sweet Bella and an Emmett you'd love to have as your brother.
11) Spellbound by Claire Bloom - I'm not necessarily a fan of period type bodice rippers, but damn, this one's really good!
12) An Island In The Sun by drotuno - another under-appreciated fic. One of those sweet BE=meant to be stories that make for a nice weekend or vacation read.
13) Secret Sex by erinblatt - an extremely sweet and poignant story of love, friendship, and family disguised as smut. Chapter 10 is the single most beautiful piece of writing I've ever read in fan fiction.
14) Two Hundred Years of Solitude by Philadelphic - short.Poignant. Good.
15) Isolation by Bex-chan - for the longest time I didn't think that there could ever be a Harry Potter fic that could hold a candle to the original. This one can. This is just as riveting as HP & the Deathly Hallows. The characters are very much canon too. It's like taking a time turner and spinning it into a parallel reality.
I'm totally willing to pay for Original fics reworked from fanfic. These authors worked just as hard on their fics as S. Meyer, JK Rowling, et al., and deserve to be recognized and supported. Good for Snowqueen Icedragons on getting Master of the Universe aka 50 Shades of Grey on top of the N.Y. Times Bestseller List, and two of my favorite Ffn authors, Alice Clayton aka feathersmmm, and JM Darhower aka Kharizzmatik, have made it to the top of Amazon's BestSeller list so far. Sydney Alice, sleepyvalentina, and hunterhunting could be next!
FORMER FF FICS AND ORIGINAL FICS BY FFN AUTHORS I HAVE BOUGHT SO FAR:
1) The Unidentified Readhead, The Redhead Revealed, The Redhead Plays her Hand, Wallbanger, Rusty Nailed and Last Call by Aice Clayton aka feathersmmm - the first book was a Bellie Award winning original fic formerly titled I Love LA. Wallbanger is the reworked version of Edward Wallbanger, one of my all-time favorite romcoms. Extremely entertaining and highly re-readable.
2) Trust in Advertising and Boycotts and Barflies by Victoria Michaels aka vjgm - TIA was a Summer 2009 Bellie Award winner while B&B was a Winter 2009 Bellie Award nominee. TIA is a really good romance novel, and B&B makes for a great vacation read.
3) Gabriel's Inferno by Sylvain Reynard aka Sebastien Robichaud - Gabriel's Inferno is the revised version of the first half of the multi-award winning University of Edward Masen. The story is beautifully reworked so that it's both familiar and new to new readers and Ffn fans of UOEM.
4) Sempre, Made, The Librarian Principle, Extinguish, Reignite, Monster in his Eyes, and Torture to her Soul by JM Darhower aka Kharizzmatik - Sempre is the novel that used to be Emancipation Proclamation. Sempre is much grittier and realistic than EP and I love both versions, but Made, which is a spinoff of Sempre, is just engrossing.
5) More by TM Franklin aka Tkegl - from the author who brought us Cutlass and Do Over.
6) The Plan by Qwen Salsbury - even better than the fanfic version! Part of the fun in reading this via FFN was the alerts at all hours of the day and night, but the author reworked it beautifully. Very witty and funny.
7) Clipped Wings and Inked Armor by Helena Hunting aka hunter-hunting - this story grabs hold of your heart and guts from the first chapter and never lets go until the very end. The novel version is more streamlined and focused than the fanfic one, but both versions are equally compelling.
8) Pucked by Helena Hunting aka hunter-hunting - this used to be The Misapprehension of Bella Swan. Crass, loud, and absolutely hilarious.
9) Exposure by Morgan and Jennifer Locklear aka MOGand RandomCran - a delightful story and brilliantly edited. An excellent guilty pleasure read.
10) No Ordinary Bloke by Mary Whitney - this spinoff from the From the Heart series is an awesome standalone read.