Author has written 16 stories for Thief Lord, Inheritance Cycle, Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Dizzy, Star Wars, Harry Potter, Chronicles of Narnia, Bible, Hunger Games, and Doctor Who.
“If you are a dreamer, come in.
"If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar,
a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer.
If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire,
for we have some flax-golden tales to spin.
Come in! Come in!”
Shel Silverstein, Invitation (From Where the Sidewalk Ends)
I don't really write much any more, and if I do I rarely get far enough to publish stuff. I still read when the mood takes me, but for now most of what I did here (that is, fandoming, if that's a verb!) is carried on over on fanfiction.net's dear cousin, the incredible, emotional, ridiculous and hillarious TUMBLR! So go check me out over there, at . Thanks!
Name: InkWeaverabc. Or IW, if you prefer. Or Inkie. Or Hey You! or whatever. I have another, but I am not telling you that one. Security, you know.
Gender: look at the fics, look at the faves... What do you think? (My sister says you could think I'm a guy. Ok, just to be sure, I'm a girl.)
Religion: I’m a Christian. This doesn't mean I'm a 'good' person. It doesn't mean I go to church. It doesn't mean I don't swear, or I volunteer in the community, or I give ten percent of my money to charity. Neither does it doesn't mean I'm a hypocrite, or a do-gooder, or a bible-basher. It means Jesus Christ has died for my sins. When I say 'I'm a Christian', I'm admitting that I'm a simple human sinner who can't do it alone. So He did it for me.
One Other Thing: After you've checked out my stuff, go see my sister! SilverTongueabc.
My stories: (All are complete, which really does wonders for my conscience)
Princess Of Fire And Ice: (or POFAI). I got to the end of Brisigr with it, and have now decided not to take it any further. I'm sorry, but it's all done now. Arya's POV, lots of stuff up to the end of Brisingr. Complete.
A Kind Of Blessing: I really thought that some kind of closure was needed between Annabeth and her mother, about Percy, so I wrote this. (oneshot).
Prospers Birthday: A little thing which got too long. When I first started writing on this site my writing style was so much worse than it is now. So sorry about that... :/ (oneshot).
One Word:I wrote this because I one day searched for Roran/Katrina fics and you know how many came up? One. yes, that's right, one. Little drabbles between Roran and Katrina, centering on their family life, and (mostly) set after the end of book 4.
The Last Time He Saw Her: Brom/Selena. Title fairly self-explenatory, I think. (oneshot).
Snapshots of Love: Anakin/Padme, through the second and third films. Very short chapters from Padme's POV.
Red Like Pain: Just a little drabble-ly thingy basically Murtagh ranting about how awful Galby is. (Pre-Inheritance) (oneshot).
Gone Forever: Very short. Arya's POV, and she's very upset about something not very clearly expressed. Basically whatever you want. Very angst-y. (Pre-Inheritance) (oneshot).
The Treasure of Memories: So yes, I gave up on Stars in a Sea of Darkness, but I've kept this as a one-shot. Arya remembering her father. (oneshot).
Never Laugh Again: I wrote this quite a while ago, whilst feeling emotional about you-know-who that I wont say their name here, spoilers and all that. Yeah, that person. So, after the final battle, Ginny's feeling a bit upset. (oneshot).
All The Things She Wants to Say: Ramandu's daughter's death scene, from her POV. (oneshot).
How Hard Could It Be? : Portia doesn't get enough love. This is a oneshot about how she's changed, especially in terms of how she thinks about the tributes and their place in the games. Hints of Cinna/Portia. (oneshot).
My Faves (stories): I've recently done a bit of cleaning out of my faves, leaving only the very-best-eternal-fave types. I can guarantee that every one of the stories on there is either hillarious, epic, desperately sad or incredibly sweet without being absurdly cheeeeesey. Check out some of 'em. You wont regret it, I promise :)
Some stuff that I wish I knew when I first started FanFiction - Copied from the profile of potato4.
1. Canon- From the book, of the book, completely in line with the facts stated in the book. Often pairings. (Example: Ron/Hermione)
2. Non-canon- When it is not from the book. (Example: Draco/Hermione)
3. Slash- Guy with guy stories. (Example: Draco/Harry)
4. Femeslash- Girl with girl stories. (Example: Hermione/Ginny)
5. Smut- M stuff, particularly what Fanfiction.net so tastefully refers to as 'Adult themes'.
6. Lemon- Really M stuff. Even worse than smut.
7. Flames- Mean reviews. When you trash a fic.
8. OC- Original Character. When you make up your own character, i.e. not a canon character.
9. OOC- Out Of Character- When a canon character is not accurate. (Example: When Draco runs around singing "Nobody's Perfect" and hands out unicorn stickers to first graders.)
10. IC- The opposite of OOC. stands for In Character. When a cannon character is written accurately. This is something all fanfiction authors should strive for in their stories, and a strong compliment in a review.
11. AU- Alternate Universe- When the story is set in a different universe than that the author has created. This comes under two main headings; a different setting, for exaamle Harry Potter in the alian-spaceship-science-fiction-genre, or Eragon in a modern american High School setting. The other is when the storyline has gone in a different direction to the origianal book. Generally a certain character did not die when they did in the origional, or a situation went in a different direction. Examples: A Hunger Games story in which Gale was reaped instead of Peeta. Or a story in which Vodemort went after Neville and his parents instead of Harry's, and thus Neville is the chosen one and Harry had a normal childhood.
12. Fluff- Sweet romantic moments. No action/adventure or anything.
13. OTP- (I have never heard of this one) Apparently, this means One True Pairing. I assume this means that it's the one pairing you enjoy and stand by. (This is not to be confused with OotP, which means Order of the Phoenix. ;)
14. Ship- A pairing/couple. Comes from relationship. Heh heh. Nudges you Get it? Get it?
15. One-shot; Two-shot; Three-shot- One chapter, two chapters, three chapters. One-shot is the most common of these.
16. Songfic- A fic including, or based upon, a song.
17. Mary Sues- A female character (usually OC, see above) that is favored by the author and pretty much perfect (and thus completely unbelievable) in every way. The sort of character that gets on your nerves by their very existence. Closely realted to this is a...
18. Gary Stu. the less common male counterpart of a Mary Sue. Has all the same characteristics, but is male.
19. A/N- (Or A.N. or AN or any other variation on this theme.) Author's Note. Self-explanatory.
20. AH- All Human. All characters are human. This is not commonly seen.
21. POV- Point of View.
22. R&R- Read and review!
23. Lime- Like Lemon, but not as bad.
24. Drabble- A fic that is from 50-500 words in length. Technically a fic that is under 100 words but that is quite rare.
25. CC- Constructive Critisism. Really helpful reviews are full of this stuff.
Even if the fic has 10002464 reviews already...
Even if the fic is older than time itself...
Even if it was abandoned a loooooooooooooooooooooong time ago...
Even if the author turned out to be a total psychopath...
Even if the OC is a Sue and the spelling would make a dictionary cry...
I, InkWeaverabc, will review every fic I read. What goes around comes around, and more people will review my own fics. I have joined Review Revolution. Have You?
The Reply Revolution...
I Promise to respond to every signed authorised review posted to any of my stories.
No matter how unhelpful,
No matter how rude,
I, InkWeaverabc, will respond to every signed review posted on my stories. People review if they know their effort is apreciated. I have joined the Reply Revolution.