Author has written 23 stories for Vampire Princess Miyu, Inheritance Cycle, Left 4 Dead, Lord of the Rings, Flight Rising, Silmarillion, Doctor Who, and Naruto.
I'm still alive!! And I will be updating at some point. Sorry to all of you who have been kept waiting so long.
You have entered a dark and eerily quiet place, where shadows move on their own accord and invisible fingers tickle the back of your neck. You best grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and hunch in front of the fire while heavy footsteps approach you from the surrounding black.
This is not a place to fall asleep.
There is a bucket of brain-bleach, and a tin of snicker-doodles on the mantle for you to use.
The stories here Will harm you.
Welcome to my humble lair.
-Squirrel, Lady of Minas Sqwhirlgul and Devourer of Acorns
1. Chapter Spoilers *cough* Previews are back up for my LOTR fics. Others will be joining eventually. I'm hoping to finish a fic someday.
2. RIDT is in the works. However I am taking my sweet time with the next chapter, because I've got a lot of ground to cover in a very short amount of time. Things will be getting complicated, and so I'm toying with some different approaches to handling all that chaos. (Lots and lots of rewrites.) Some recent life events have also made tending to this beast rather difficult as well, so my attention will be diverted to some small stuff.
3. I am at last giving Last Days a revamp. I'm debating on whether or not I'll be replacing the original or not. Unlike the original it starts off dark, and remains that way, until the end. Linaer, is also introduced differently, because as time has gone on, she's morphed into a different character. And the time at which she Sauron meet has been altered slightly. Much of the original plot line has remained unchanged. I'm not sure, if I'll replace the original, simply update it, or just steal elements from the revamp to add some colour to the original. I'm really not sure about this. I'm not even sure I like the changes.
4. I'm also please to introduce a new LOTR fic The Young Wolf that really only started out of frustration. Basically a 10th walker fic, where the 10th Walker is Sauron's child- nothing that can't already be found on this site. The fic will also explore some questions/ideas about Sauron that I have. I'll go ahead and list them below for anyone who may or may not be interested. Due to the nature of these questions, and the multitude of answers that could be given, this fic will have at least three alternate endings.
My questions/ideas about Sauron(Topics being explored in The Young Wolf) and the reason why this fic will have three different endings.
- How would the ring have altered Sauron's personality over time/how would those changes had affected him as a parent and his relationship with his offspring?
- Dark is not necessarily evil. Evil is not necessarily dark.
-Evil and Good can be a matter of perspective.
- What would happen if Sauron's child found themselves in possession of the ring? Would they be corrupted by it? Would they seek to destroy it themselves? Would they attempt to return it to their father? How would each of these answers affect the relation between them and their father?
-If Sauron's child learned the Fellowship was attempting to destroy the ring, would they help the Fellowship or would they betray the Fellowship? How would that information alone impact the child? Would they tell Daddy, keep it a secret, or do something else?
-How would the child be affected by their interactions with the enemy? Would they believe all the more that their father is right? Would they sympathize with the enemy? (Enough to help them?) Would they be stuck in the middle, able to see valid arguments on both sides?
-How would the Fellowship/Elves in Rivendell/Elves in Lothlorien/other characters interact with Sauron's child? How those interactions would affect Sauron's child? How would those interactions affect the child's view of their father?
-How would the people of Mordor and Mordor's Allies have treated the offspring of Sauron? Pandering? Assassination attempts? Potential love interests? Diplomatic Relations?
- My belief that Sauron could potentially be a good parent. (At any time other than the Third-Age. And even then I feel he would have had a very active role -when not engaged with his hunt for the ring- in that's child's life and attempted to do what he believed would have been in their interest, even if his beliefs were heavily marred by his own emotional turmoil.)
- The possibility that Sauron was as corrupted by the ring as everybody else, and how that would or would not paly a role in his child's concerns about the ring as well as their impromptu role as the 10th Walker.
This fic will not be a choose your own ending story. All three endings will diverge from a single narrative, and all of them will be uploaded as separate chapters, at the same time. Each will potentially lead into a sequel that will briefly touch upon the Dagor Dagoroth, because regardless of what happened in the Third Age the end of Middle Earth was inevitable and it would be interesting to see how dropping Morgoth into the equation would change some of the above answers. If I decide to write that sequel, it would be drastically affected by which ending it was based off of, so there would be three different versions of that particular story, because I'm a sick puppy who gets way too much joy out torturing a certain Fallen Maia.
CURRENT WORKS IN PROGRESS
Please bear in mind that the following are merely approximations of my plans. Certain events may happen at times other than when they're specified. And chapter numbers may change.
The Young Wolf:
(A fairly short project. And I plan on keeping it that way.)
Synopsis: Sauron has a son. He becomes the 10th Walker. Things happen. Story ends three different ways in the hopes that one will be satisfy different people's head-canon, knowledge of the ring, general curiosity, emotions, sympathies, and anything else that leaves one needing closure. I can't say that any of these endings will be happier or sadder than the other two, because it depends entirely upon the reader what constitutes as 'happy' vs 'sad.'
Follows all verses. Shamelessly throwing Shadow of Mordor references in there.
Chap 2: In the works. The Young Wolf growing up.
Chap 3: A bit of worry, a bit of compromise, a bit of Sauron.
Chap 4: Politics, love and lust, difficult choices, a father's advice.
Chap 5: Very bad news. A plan.
Chap 6: Featho kneels before the throne.
Chap 7: Rebellion. Captives. Final Farewell. Massacre. Escape.
Chap 8: Beyond the bounds of Mordor. First time experiences.
Chap 9: Meeting a pair of twins. Rivendell.
Chap 10: Captivity. Flowers. Glorfindel.
Chap 11: Kneeling before another throne. Memories of Mordor.
Chap 12: Sudden understanding. The Ring. Love and Loyalty collide.
Chap 13: Stipulations, plans, guides, bondage, and a Fellowship.
Rolling in the Deep (LOTR):
Synopsis: Politics within Minas Morgul seen through the eyes of a ranger unfortunate enough to be imprisoned within the dead city. What undead men do on their off days.
22. Girl conversations. The shock of waking up in a wraith's bed chamber. Dreams, about towers and things.
23. Dreams about towers and things. The library. I'll make some stuff up for filler. The King arrives???
24. The King should be here by now??? Issues with Fuinur. Herumor Leaves. Dreams. References to meeting in Dark Tower.
25. Pfft! As if I know what happens next!? Library scene aka reading with the king.
26. Betrayal. A hasty flight. Nightmares and lies.
27. The word of a king (in reference to certain promise.) Healing hands. Lore and Poetry.
28. There's nothing like the friendship between an Orc and her Tark. Strong foundations. Conversations.
29. A patron of the arts. Subtle threats and sworn oaths.
30. Conspiracy. Ice and fire. In Herumor's safe keeping.
30. The bearers of The Eye. Ill Tidings. Strange dreams.
31. Campaign plans. The enemy of an enemy is what?
32. Library. To cross a king.
33. The fate of a great king. Collector of crowns. Angmar and Arnor.
34. Advice from an orc. Mithril and navy blue velvet. Feast among friends.
35. What makes a lord. Sauron. (he will not be making an appearance.) The blurred line between good and evil. Kiss.
36. From out of the dark. Herumor's betrayal.
37. The means to escape. Morgul Blade. Alarm bells.
38. Flowers with deathly faces. To Gondor. A spy is captured.
39. The wrath of a king. The battle of Pelennor Fields.
40. Broken vows. How to save a life. Gothmog's ascent.
41. Death bed. Herumor's fury.
42. Wrath of a god. The repetition of history. Angmar.
43. Salvaging what's broken.
44. Terror. Flight. Fire in the sky. Fall. Face of Mandos.
45. Unexpected rescue. Northward bound.
46. Last of the Angmarim. What had been. What could have been. What will never be.
47. Lonesome journey. The House of Tom Bombadil. Gandalf the Grey. The End.
How to Evade a Hunting Ra'zac for Dummies (Inheritance Cycle)
Synopsis:The homeless and crippled who make a living on the Streets of Dras Leona are pleased to present to you this guide which will hopefully spare you from the hungry stomach of a Ra'zac.
The Lying Game (Inheritance Cycle)
Synopsis:Sort of AU. (The Ra'zac are not killed in Brisingr or this is pre-Eldest?) Upon discovering the corpse of a young Ra'zac, The Ra'zac seek to discover the origins of this dead child, only to uncover conspiracy of the worst magnitude, and secrets of their own origins that could wind up killing them. Suddenly lost dragon riders and the Varden are the least of their problems.
The Last Days (LOTR) Crack -ish but getting serious Morgoth puts a bit a damper on things, but then again he is Morgoth
Synopsis: The end of Arda from the eyes of a mortal and Morgoth's Lieutenant. When the world is falling apart any source of light is a promise of salvation... even if that light comes in the form of a fallen Maia. A Sauron redemption fic, that won't seem like it for a very long time.
The Last Days REVAMPED EDITION- it's dark to start with, then Morgoth shows up, blows up the sun, plays golf with the moon, before trying to destroy Valinor
Synopsis: A story detailing the odd partnership between an insane pacifist and Morgoth's insane Lieutenant, and the horrible things that befell them. It's also a Sauron redemption fic. It'll take a while.
Actually here's what's going on with this fic. Linaer as she is in the original version of this fic, has become such a psychologically damaged uber-pacifist/altruist as I've continued writing about her, that I can't even call her the same character anymore. She evolved. And honestly I wanted her to be a true pacifist/altruist from the start, because I thought putting a character like that next to Sauron and then forcing them to interact with each other would be...amusing... in a twisted kind of way.
The other thing that bothered me (and I know this story was initially intended to be crack) was how quickly they met. In the revamped darker version of the story this meeting would happen long after she and he are both established characters. This means that I'll be exploring the culture and politics of the Fourth Age Edain in the area where the remains of Gondor still stand: Minas Tirith, Osgiliath, and the lands between are all that remains of Gondor for reasons...
Because I love Sauron and love the character that Linaer has become, I feel that both deserve the best I can write for them. (Which leaves a lot to be desired.) Most of the plot line from the previous version is unchanged, but the portrayal of the events that take place will be different. I will go ahead and leave the older version up, so that those who enjoy it can continue to do so. I will post the last chapter I had written, and maybe if/when I feel up to it, continue it as a different story.
Happy reading, or running away- which ever you please, for if you pour through my stories some mental scaring will ensue.
|Focus:||Books Inheritance Cycle|