Author has written 56 stories for Harry Potter, Doctor Who, Wizard101, Once Upon a Time, Hunger Games, Avatar: Last Airbender, Star Wars, Torchwood, Firefly, Legend of Korra, Sarah Jane Adventures, and Ironman.
Greetings fellow nerds!
I'm MayFairy, and I'm a Kiwi (not literally, I'm a New Zealander, and we call ourselves that). I'm eighteen, and my life is basically music and writing.
My avatar is currently Twelve and Missy from Doctor Who because Missy is the new love of my life in all her manic Scottish insanity and I need her back ASAP! (Thankfully, Michelle Gomez has confirmed that she is returning next season!)
Note: the site is being quite unfriendly to me at the moment, and has decided that the entire second half of my profile HAS to be entirely in underline no matter how much I try to tell it otherwise, so apologies for the assault on your eyes a bit further down, I promise that I've tried to fix it!
Quick summary of a few of my fandoms:
Doctor Who ruined my life, but in a good way. There will never be anything to compare it to or any way to explain why it means so much to be, but it does. It's magical and the characters are all my babies and the whole story of it just takes my breath away.
WHEDONVERSE IS EVERYTHING (Willow/Tara 5ever, Anya Jenkins and Adelle Dewitt are forever under my protection, and Firefly is life)
I love Phantom but strongly dislike Christine and Christine/Phantom. Christine/Raoul is nice and I personally just love Meg okay? Phantom/Meg is a bit of a love of mine, and I have to admit that I do ship the Phantom with Nyssa from Doctor Who. Possibly best not to ask about that one. XD
Wicked is FAB! Fiyeraba and Gelphie (brOTP or OTP, who knows?) all the way!
I like the Hunger Games but am not really into the love triangle because that is so not the point of the trilogy so yeah. Though Peeta obviously makes more sense. The only thing I feel strongly about in THG? Effie Trinket and HAYFFIE. OTP. Ahem.
Once Upon A Time is prominent too...Regina is the greatest, Lana Parrilla is gorgeous and flawless...EVERYTHING IS SWAN QUEEN AND NOTHING HURTS EXCEPT WHEN EVERYTHING HURTS. The writers write like five year olds and don't deserve their jobs cos their recent stuff is mostly super crap (cough forced heteronormativity cough) but for the sake of Regina's happiness and/or SQ (however unlikely), I persist. Also, Emma's a cutie pie and Elsa and Anna are perf and my Frozen fangirl needs all I can get.
And yes, I write OC stuff. Why? I have two main reasons. In terms of Aliya, my main/DW OC, the first is this:
-my original plan for the story (Deafening Silence) was just for a Time Lord to have survived. I hadn't really watched any Classic Who back then, and so I made up my own. Had I been familiar with her at the time, I would have used Romana. So I never set out for it to be like that.
- it also wasn't even going to be Doctor/OC, I was going to stick to Doctor/River (not that I didn't anyway) and just have the Doctor and Aliya be besties. But as the characters developed of their own accord it just ended up working out a bit differently and that's how Aliya's history came to be how it is.
Now, the general reason I write OCs...I want to be a writer. An honest to god, publishing original novels writer (because obviously I already am a writer, just not of that kind). And the funny thing about that is one has to create their own characters. So, why not practice with fanfiction, by just having one original character amidst all these others that have been created for you? It works well as practice, and is thoroughly enjoyable. Also, they can be used to explore different sides of canon characters that no currently existing canon character could let you explore.
Oh, and I run my OCs through the Mary Sue Litmus test infinite times to be sure that they aren't Mary Sues. Aliya, for the record, doesn't score even close (and neither do any of the others).
The 8tracks mixes/tags for my stories (some by me, some by readers/fans):
And non-HOOTD stuff:
Follow me on 8tracks for more mixes for fics, ships and characters, for fanfic and various fandom canon!
The Halfway Out of the Dark series (my main fanfiction project) - for chronological/reading order reference:
- Before It Turned To Dust - in progress - covers Academy through Classic series to Time War - Doctor/OC, mainly Theta, some 4, 5, and 8, but all Doctors are featured.
- Deafening Silence - complete - post The Big Bang - large canon divergence/AU - 11/River with mentions of past Doctor/OC and some eventual onesided 11/OC
- In Between The Shadows - in progress - covers AU Series 6 plus original adventures - gradual 11/OC
- 3rd and 4th Installments, names to be confirmed - not yet in progress
- Arguing Again - complete - set between DS and IBTS - platonish 11/OC
AU Oneshots/Companion Pieces
- A Perfect First Christmas - set early mid-IBTS - 11/OC - sort of AU at this point if I'm being honest
- Legacy - early IBTS - 11/OC and Clara/OC friendship
- Marry Your Best Friend - kind of 11/OC but also could be platonic
- One of the Uses for Tony Stark's Bedrooms - small Iron Man crossover - 11/OC
AU Multi-Chapter Companion Pieces:
- Precipitant Reunion - in progress - post BITtD - 9/OC - AU
- Just Another Accidental Marriage - in progress - prequel/sequel to Marry Your Best Friend - 11/OC with Jack
My OTP's are:
Eleven/River, Twelve/Clara, Doctor/Sarah Jane, Doctor/Romana, Ian/Barbara, Amy/Rory, Master/Rani
Willow/Tara, Spuffy, Buffy/Faith
Once Upon A Time:
SWAN QUEEN BITCHES (not sorry)
The Hunger Games:
A good little summary of small opinions I have on things in Doctor Who:
-Romana is the one of the most epic companions ever. Any!Doctor/Any!Romana is a major win/OTP.
-River is a bad-ass, and the Doctor loved her so much that it hurt him. And that enough of their relationship was too gooey or inappropriate to be shown on the show and if people don't realise that her characterisation was shown in reverse order and that most of their relationship happened offscreen I'm gonna get mad
- The Doctor could never be with a human forever, so let's be careful about the shipping, yeah? (I'm not saying don't, but be realistic about what's going to happen)
- Rose is cute and resourceful and pretty awesome but she is not the be-all and end-all of companions, or the Doctor's soulmate. Ship the awesomeness that is 10.5/Rose because they can grow old together and it's so cute!
- Susan might be cute and smart but she is still quite annoying and if her and the Doctor weren't so adorable, well...I'd probably want to punch her in the face if I had to hang out with her for extended periods of time.
-Liz Shaw is awesome, as is Liz/Brigadier. Seriously...MOST UNDERRATED COMPANION EVER (except for maybe Vicki).
-Other awesome companions include: Ian & Barbara, Jamie, Leela, Nyssa, Ace, and Vicki. Hell, all of them. Every companion is fab, okay?
-Jack Harkness is bloody brilliant and I will never understand how anyone can dislike him (even it's very rare to find someone that does).
-Colin Baker is a great Doctor. Anyone who says otherwise needs to look deeper, because it is a really stupidly ignorant thing to say that he is crap.
-Same goes for Sylvester McCoy. HE IS AMAZING.
What the heck is the point of going onto a story that you know contains a pairing that you don't like, just for the sake of flaming it?
Stay out of things you don't like, and ship or let ship! Captain Swan might make me want to barf and get violent, and Eleven/Rose might make me uncomfortable, but hey, you don't see me spreading hate for either of those and leaving flames on stories, no matter how problematic CS is. So yeah, stick to your own pairings and keep the fandoms positive, okay?
Unsafe External Link
|Community:||President Romanadvoratrelundar of Gallifrey|
|Focus:||TV Shows Doctor Who|