Author has written 121 stories for Doctor Who, Once Upon a Time, Hunger Games, Avatar: Last Airbender, Star Wars, Torchwood, Firefly, Legend of Korra, Game of Thrones, Harry Potter, Web Shows, Class, 2016, Ghostbusters, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Worst Witch, Dragon Age, Sarah Jane Adventures, Ironman, and Avengers.
I'm a Kiwi, twenty one, and my life is basically writing and music (and uni, somewhat reluctantly). You can find me on tumblr as evilqueenofgallifrey, and I'm over on AO3 as evilqueenofgallifrey/MayFairy too.
Quick summary of a few of my fandoms:
Doctor Who is my lifeblood. There will never be anything to compare it to or any way to explain why it means so much to me, but it does. It's magical and the characters are all my babies and the whole story of it just takes my breath away. Also, the gay ladies always survive and often become immortal, which sets it apart from basically every other show in existence. It's a show about optimism and hope when everyone else is obsessed with maybe gritty "realistic" shows *yawn*.
BBC Class deserved better and Quill doesn't get enough credit for how interesting a character she is.
Whedonverse is a cool, if flawed thing (Tara Maclay, Anya Jenkins, Kaylee Frye, and Adelle Dewitt are forever under my protection).
I've fallen off Once Upon A Time because I could only tolerate such terrible writing and forced heteronormativity for so long, but I will always be Swan Queen af because they are soul mates and utter perfection.
I'm Star Wars af. All of it. Love all the movies despite the varying faults they ALL have (yes original trilogy and your one decent female character and one black guy, I'm looking at you).
My kink is shows that don't kill off their lesbians/queer ladies, which is probably why I'm so into Doctor Who.
And yes, I write OC stuff, amongst other things. Let's end the stigma around that, yeah? I know there are still some actual Mary Sues floating around, but the concept in general is pretty sexist, and there are some really awesome OCs out there! It's a great way to explore new sides of the canon characters that aren't possible with just the canon characters at hand.
I wanted to see what it was like to have Quill interact with someone who actually took the time to pay her more than five seconds of attention, someone she actually would grow to like and care about, so I created Kalei Jacobs.
I wanted to explore how the Doctor would interact with someone he'd known since his adolescence, if that someone wasn't a murdering maniac, and how they might be conflicted between their friendship with him and his destroying their home, so I created Aliya.
I wanted to try my hand at my own companion, a male one, and give him an awesome, close platonic relationship with Jenny, so I made Jun-Young "Jay" Kim.
You get the idea.
Also, I want to be a proper, professional novelist one day. I need practice creating characters and finding their voices and creating relationship dynamics for myself, as opposed to just ones I've already encountered.
Note on the Halfway Out of the Dark series:
I started this project quite a long time ago now. Back when I had no idea what the ace spectrum was. Back when I thought the Master and myself were straight. *laughs* Oh boy, did I have a lot to learn. While the HOotD series' main two relationships both involve the Doctor and a woman, and that hasn't changed, I've done some major revision in basically every other area in terms of diversifying the story, which funnily enough, didn't change anything crucial to the plot but certainly served to make the story better as a whole.
Ace and demisexual (panromantic) Time Lords. Looms (kinda). Changing two of Aliya's past regenerations to be WoC when I realised how lame it was that they were all white. Making a large number of the secondary characters LGBT (not much of a change considering Torchwood canon but still). A genderfluid character for one of the original arcs in IBTS, with another very important genderfluid/non-binary character planned for much later in the series.
And on top of that apparently my original adventure arcs are good. Okay, self-promotion over.
The Halfway Out of the Dark series (my main fanfiction project) - for chronological/reading order reference:
- Before It Turned To Dust - in progress/on a sort of hiatus due to needing some major revision (until its fixed, please start with Deafening Silence) - covers Academy through Classic series to Time War - Doctor/OC (sometimes romantic sometimes platonic), mainly Theta, some 4, 5, and 8, but all Doctors will be featured
- Deafening Silence - complete - large canon divergence/AU from Big Bang onwards - 11/River with mentions of past Doctor/OC and some eventual onesided 11/OC
- In Between The Shadows - complete - covers AU Series 6 arc plus original adventures - gradual 11/OC
- Path of the Not Quite Lost - in progress - contains 7a AUs but is otherwise entirely original adventures - background 11/OC but mostly gen
- 4th installment, name to be confirmed - not yet in progress
- 5th installment, pending whether 4th becomes too long - not confirmed
Canon Oneshots/Companion Pieces:
- Arguing Again - complete - set between DS and IBTS - platonish 11/OC
- Unobserved - in progress - outtakes from PotNQL that couldn't be shown because of the limited POV aka Jay not being present - 11/OC (with some later 11/River/OC)
AU Oneshots/Companion Pieces:
- A Perfect First Christmas - 11/OC - a slight divergence from HOotD canon, just dumb fluff written before its time really
- Legacy - early IBTS canon divergence - 11/OC and Clara/OC friendship, angsty but with a nice ending
- Marry Your Best Friend - kind of 11/OC but meant to be platonic
- One of the Uses for Tony Stark's Bedrooms - small Iron Man crossover, definitely not canon in regards to HOoTD, old and totally self indulgent - 11/OC
AU Multi-Chapter Companion Pieces:
- Precipitant Reunion - in progress/sort of on hiatus - post BITtD - 9/OC - AU
Chronological Order for Doctor!Regina and companion!Emma AU ficlets (ongoing):
Order for the Wrong Equation, Right Answer series (BBC Class, Quill/OC with Tanya/OC and canon pairings):
Note: all stories are written to stand alone as well.
|Community:||President Romanadvoratrelundar of Gallifrey|
|Focus:||TV Shows Doctor Who|