Author has written 2 stories for Grey's Anatomy.
Hi!!! I'm Colette :)
My mother's maiden name, Austin(her name is almost Kate, too!). I have one sister and one brother, no nieces and no nephews. I like coffee ice cream, lemonade and occasionally a run with friends. I play the violin, I cheat when I play mancala and I dance in class all the time. My favorite color is orange. And not that red/ornage. Neon. The Harry potter Series? Favorite books. Metric? Favorite band. This scar under my chin? That's why I don't show my little sister how to use playground structures anymore. And I live in my own little world :)
Ten things you should know about me...
1. I am a TV addict. I get totally wrapped up in the characters lives and religiously watch reruns. My current obsession is GREY'S ANATOMY but I love Glee, Lost (I'm still mad it got cancelled!), Desperate Housewives, (now) Boston MED (there better be more seasons!) and Modern Family is good too.
2. My fics will be mostly Grey's centered, and someday I'll do more. I ship Mer/Der, Cristina/Owen, Mark/Lexie or Addison, Callie/Arizona or George, but I'm crazy about Izzie/Alex!!!
3. I HATED all the Denny episodes!!! For one, I didnt like him. And two... WHY in the world would somebody... a DOCTOR , CUT his LVAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I know almost everyone is an Addison/Alex fan, but I'm not feelin it. I will read the stories, but you wont see any Addex stories on my account any time soon.
4. I love Harry Potter! The books, the movies... everything! And I'm DYING to see the 7th movie! And like any Harry Potter fan, I'm soooooo mad their splitting it in two parts!!
5. College Time! Yesterday, I just moved in to my dorm, my room mate is nice, I guess. But I like it so far!!! I'm STILL not sure what I want to do, but orthopedic surgeon has been my job of choice since I was 10. Then theres always meteorology!
6. I love my siblings! Yeah, you hear most people say they'd rather be without them, but my older brother, Danny and my little sister Emerson are GREAT! Danny is an EMT, and he gave me his old med school books to look at :) Emerson is only 13, but shes still awsesome! She watches all my shows with me, she doesnt bug me for rides everywhere, and best of all, she leaves my clothes alone!
7. I'm a concert junkie. Ive seen... Metric 3 times, Matt Hires, Evanescence twice, Lenka, Muse, Drake Bell and Honor Society (for Emerson), Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Matt and Kim, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Stone Temple Pilots and Ingrid Michaelson! Everyone was great, but I have to say I had he most fun at my second Metric concert!!! I havent seen The KIllers, Shiny TOy Guns, Landon Pigg, Sara Barellis, Snow Patrol, or katherine McPhee yet, but I'm constanly looking for tickets!
8. I have to give a shoutout to my best friend ever MATTIE for constantly putting up with all my Grey's chat, even though he doesnt watch it at all! GO MATTIE!
9. I am not a reader! I can never finish books, maybe because I'm just not interested in another set of new characters! Thats why fanfiction is so great! But some books I can tolerate are Nicholas Sparks books, the Harry Potter series, and I made it through the Twilight series.
10. I am a very bubbly person (mattie calls me Izzie :), I'm a Valentine baby!!!, I play violin and piano, I hate sickdays because they make me feel lazy, I took vocal lessons for 6 years, Robert Downey Jr. and Mel Gibson are fabulous actors, I love Katherine Heigl and Anne Hathaway too, I am a volleyball entuhusiast, My dad watches Desperate Housewives with me :), I have a touch of OCD and my room MUST be clean, I cry when I see George, My IPad is py best friend, I tweet WAY too much, I dont appreciate haters, I love getting suggestions for stories, my house is much to "preppy and proper" for my likings, I hate me and my siblings fancy names (Daniel, Colette, and Emerson seriously?) and In my opinion my name would be much more exotic and interesting, and I tried making a medical soap opera in 2nd grade and it never gets old to watch :)
I promise to let you know when I am starting a new project, and I apoligize times 1000 for not updating alot, I am a bit of a procrastinator... mix that with a tornado chasing tour and the freshman year of college... Thanks fir sticking with me! Colette
WORKS IN PROGRESS!
I am working on transferring my journals over now, which is proving to be more difficult than I thought. Decoding my messy handwriting and sidenotes is a VERY difficult task, but I love drafting in journals! I hope my college room mate wont think I'm too much of a weirdo, with my 6 journals. So far, I have...
A fic that picks up after Forgive&Forgert, I cant really say much without giving away spoilers, but there will be babies, new houses, and plenty of drama! Couples are Alex/Izzie, Mer/Der, Mark/Lexie/ and a little Cristina/Owen.
Sometimes Plans Go Wrong - Meredith and Derek decide they need a second honeymoon, and they pick southern California as the location. While there, they decide to rent a Jeep and tour the Mojave. But as it gets dark, Derek gets bit by a snake. Can Meredith get him to a hospital in time, or will they run out of time? (I know, lousy summary! But Its not done yet!)
Dont Be The Hero- AU Lexzie. When 16 year old Izzie Stevens is held at knife point during a corner store robbery, 17 year old Alex Karev knows he needs to take action. He ends up stabbed while trying to defend this girl, who he feels so protective of. In shock, Alex walks away from the scene, and only realizes hes been severly injured when Izzie persuses him and insists on taking him to the hospital. Can this violent event turn into a relationship? (once again, bad summary, but Im not sure what will happen in the end, so its not complete)
Could It Possibly Be Worse?- Life is good for young couple Izzie and Alex Karev. Their three year old daughter Jenny is just starting preschool and they have one baby on the way. But one tragic car accident changes everything, leavng Izzie severly injured and Jenny pretty banged up. Is their perfect world crashing around them? (This one's almost done! I'm pretty excited about it :)
The Way It Ends- "What? Seattle doesn't get hurricanes!" Takes place about 1 year after the shooting. When everyone's lives are finally back on track, the hurricane of the century is heading straight for Washington. Some flee, but the surgeons of Seattle Grace/Mercy West decide to brave out the storm. During Meredith and Derek's "hurricane party", the weather takes a turn for the worst, trapping Cristina,Owen,Lexie,Alex,Teddy,Mark,Bailey,Richard,April,Jackson,Callie,Arizona,and Izzie all in one house! Will everyone survive? (I REALL Y need to get better at summaries! This one I JUST started, but I'm pretty pumped about it!)
Epidemic- It was all in the back of their minds, what if there was ever an epidemic, what if it came in the hospital, what if one of us got it? In winter 2010, the H1N1 virus comes back with a bang, cluttering the halls of Seattle Grace with critically ill flu patients. With all the doctors working overtime to control the crowd, its only a matter of time before they become infected...
If anyone has ideas for any of theses stories, please messgae me! I LOVE suggestions and will mention all the help I get in the stories. Thanks!
The Soundtrack Of My Life!!
So, here's how it works:
Opening Credits: Gimme Sympathy - Metric
Waking Up: Last Name - Carrie Underwood (LOL!)
First Day At School: Good Life - Kanye West
Falling In Love: Party in the USA - Miley Cyrus
Fight Song: Dead Disco - Metric
Breaking Up: The Reason - Hoobastank
Prom night: Technoligic - Daft Punk (wow)
Life: The Hand That Feeds - Nine Inch Nails
Mental Breakdown: Hung Up - Madonna
Driving: Waking Up In Vegas - Katy Perry
Flashback: Just A Friend - Biz Markie
Getting back together: Heartless- Kanye West
Wedding: Out of the Dark - Matt Hires
Birth of Child: Her Diamonds - Rob Thomas
Final Battle: Roses - Outkast
Funeral Song: Set Fire To the Third Bar - Snow Patrol and Martha Wainwright
Final Credits: Brand New Key - Katherine McPhee
Okay that worked way too well, especialy the beginning!
If you are obsessed with fanfiction copy this into your profile.
If sometimes you just stop thinking, copy and paste this into your profile.
If you've ever burst out laughing in a quiet room, copy this into your profile.
If you use your fingers to do simple math, copy and paste this into your profile.
If you have ever pushed on a door that said pull or vice versa, copy this into your profile.
If you have ever tripped over your own feet, copy this into your profile.
If you have ever forgotten what you were going to say, right before you said it, copy this to your profile..
If you've ever spelled your name wrong, copy and paste this into your profile.
If you have ever fallen off a chair backwards, copy this into your profile.
If you ever felt like just running somewhere, copy this into your profile.
If you've been on the computer for hours on end, reading numerous fanfictions, copy this onto your profile.
If you ever walked into the wrong classroom, copy and paste this into your profile.
If you have ever walked into a room then forgot what you were doing, then started walking away then remembered, copy this into your profile.
If your one of those people who can literally stay on the computer for hours on end if only you weren't forced to get off, then copy and paste this on your profile.