Author has written 21 stories for Darren Shan Saga/Cirque Du Freak, Harry Potter, Inheritance Cycle, Xiaolin Showdown, Crucible, Spyro the Dragon, Vampire: The Masquerade, Silence of the Lambs/Hannibal, Hannibal, Pirates in Love, Shall we date?: Ninja Love, Lord of the Rings, Wolf Among Us, and Lucifer.
Hey everyone! I know I've dropped off the face of the earth for a long time now, and I sincerely apologize. Between a career, hellush amount of writers block and just plain lack of time to finally sit down and type I've been running around like crazy. So I hope this will make up for it just a little bit. I am issuing my VERY FIRST Writer's Challenge! YAY! Please notify me of an submissions via private message on this site and include the name of the challenge in the story description.
The best stories will be put up on my profile and ranked in order from my personal favorite and so on. The 1st place author will get to decide which story of mine I update next and will also be submitted to my other personal Social media websites with a link to their story. Other prizes may be included and discussed with me privately. 2nd place will get to choose from one of my unfinished works currently up for adoption or ones I personally would like to see continued but can not do so myself. 3rd place will get a personal shout out in the next update I submit with their story and where to find it. All of my personal favorites will be marked as such, the links and authord included on my profile page.
Other favorites of mine will be marked as such and listed on my profile. The stories will be judged by not only myself but also via community and voting poll. In total there will be 6 prizes given out. 3 for the community favorites and 3 for my personal favorites and they will be labeled as such. The story itself will be judged on how closely it follows the rules and guidelines of the challenge, it's overall creativity, how well it has been thought out and by the consistency of the shows characters. I expect that the characters will be a little OOC but try to not go crazy with it.
The time span for the top 3 Community favorites and the top 3 personal favorites is 30 days from this date: May 7th 2016 -June 7th 2016. Midnight on both day will be the start and end of the main challenge.
I do ask that all submissions be completed before being posted. And that they met the standards of this challenge. I will happily read and name any late submissions if you simply just want to try it out even after the challenge has ended. Personally I love reading any challenge stories so send me a pm to tell me about it or mark it as such in the title or in its description.
If you feel I have missed your submission for any reason, again let me know I will happily look at it and discuss it with you.
Here are the rules/guidelines (aside from the normal fanfiction website's rules)
1. Must be a Lucifer TV fanfiction. Meaning it has to be a fanfiction story based on the characters in the TV show Lucifer. I know it was also a comic as well, if you'd like to include some references to the comic by all means do so. If you want to pull a Deadpool and break the fourth wall about the comic... I say go for it! It's your story.
However: I will be excluding any AU or Crossover fanfictions. Cameos are fine just keep it tasteful. No random Parody type events please.
2. Submissions must include the song I wear a Halo by Hailey James Scott. You can do that via song fic, have Lucifer sing it, play it on the piano, have Chole sing it or play it, have Trixie play it on her boom box or ipod... Hell you can it playing on the radio while Lucifer and Chole are fooling around in the back seat of a squad in an alley way for all I care! Just include it within the story in some way and I'll be happy.
3. Character pairings: Lucifer x Chole pairings are preferred. However other pairings will be accepted. But I will stress that if you include Trixie in a Rated M story due to sexual situations and Trixie is a participant in said sexual activities: TRIXIE MUST BE 18 OR OLDER IN THEM! I WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY UNDERAGED M RATED SUBMISSIONS! NOR WILL I READ THEM! Trixie may be included in any submissions of any rating but please do not have anything that could be considered to be pedophilia. Now, if you want Lucifer and Chole or two other characters do the deed and afterwards get walked in on my Trixie (keep it innocent) in a humorous twist. That's perfectly fine by me. I love humor genres and would happily read them. Just keep it with in reason and in good taste. Ok?
Also if you include an OC in the story NO MARY SUE CHARACTERS! Try to keep it creative and well written, please. Well written OC characters are however perfectly fine.
4. Ratings: Any rating is acceptable. Just please keep it tasteful. No unnecessary smut, gore or the like that doesn't add to the story line.
5. SUBMISSIONS MUST HAVE A PLOT AND STORY LINE OF SOME KIND. Pretty self explanatory.
6. Genres: All genres EXCEPT PARODY will be acceptable. I want this to be a truly good and well thought out challenge so, I'm excluding parodies. Please keep it creative and tasteful. Humor is perfectly fine but not a full blown parody.
7. NO TEXT TALK AS MAIN DIALOGUE. I do not want to see dialogue that looks like: And Lucifer said 2 Chole, "R u Ok? Want 2 Tlk?" Got it? Full words, proper grammar and spelling. If you have a Beta, use them. If you have spell check/ grammar check use it. I want to be able understand what is being written. Unless the characters are literally texting each other on a Nokia phone I don't want to see any text talk. However if you have the characters literally texting each other for the entire story, I'll allow some text talk. Honestly I'd love to see if a story can be done that way and still come out as well written. If that's your idea, go for I'd love to see it attempted.
8. Please have all submissions in English. I know that not everyone speaks English as their native tongue but if you can read this challenge I'm guessing you can understand at least enough of it to ask a Beta or other writer to translate it fully. If you do that please let me know Via private Message to avoid stories being stolen. If I find out you stole your submission from someone else. I will report it as such to the site and will not read or acknowledge any other submission you post. Period.
9. Watch your format! Remember to properly space and separate your paragraphs, mark changing POVS, flasbacks or flash fowards.
10. There will NOT BE a word/character maximum on the submissions. However a MINIMUM of 1.5-2 thousand words is required. That means no poetry please. As much as I love poems this is a STORY CHALLENGE.
11. Characters involved / other stuff : just to make this VERY CLEAR. The main characters should match the ones in the TV show Lucifer. For the most part the authors will have free reign over their story. All I ask it that is it kept tasteful and creative. Lastly HAVE FUN! Let the creative juices flow freely!
If you have any questions Pm me.
Hello again everyone! I am sad to say that we are getting close to the end of this month and only one entry has been submitted. ? So I am guessing either no one likes the challenge (which I doubt slightly as several people have expressed intrest in it) I am being horribly impatient (Very likely as it is a virtue that I do not have. LOL!) or lastly people need more time to write.
So I have decided to add some more time to the challenge. Instead of it ending on the 7th of June... The challenge will now end on June 20th at midnight Central Time UTC - 6:00. I however sincerely hope that there will be more than one entry and that I will get to read them soon.
Again all story entries will be posted here on my profile for everyone to read and enjoy!
STORY CHALLENGE ENTRIES!!!!!
A Taste of Home by Skaoi Story click here
|Community:||Story Challenge: Lucifer's Halo|
|Focus:||General: All Categories|