Author has written 1 story for Naruto, and Avatar: Last Airbender.
I've gotten out of a bad funk and have started writing again, this time a series of one-shots! Yay for me! Updates will be sporadic, just FYI, as I have a job that cuts into my time and often leaves me exhausted.
I detest yaoi (though I have nothing against people who are into that), ESPECIALLY m-preg (I AM against people who are into that)! What is with you people?!!?
MORE ABOUT ME:
I can be a bit of a maverick from time to time, hating stuff that is popular and liking stuff that isn't. It's not always the case, and contrary to what some trolls I've met say, I don't pick one side just to oppose others--my feelings on these things are genuine. So here are some examples (I'll add more as time goes on):
Stuff I Like:
- Batman & Robin - Not a good movie by any means, but I find it enjoyably bad. More than I can say for BvS.
- Mystery Men - Not as hated or controversial as others, but I feel it's a legitimately good, underrated movie.
- Evil Dead 2013 - I'm gonna be honest. I like this film more than the original. Evil Dead 2 is my favorite, but this one is a close second (Yes, I like it more than Army of Darkness). Granted, there may be some bias here: I saw this film before I saw the original, so my expectations may have been incorrectly arranged.
- The Purge trilogy - Not groundbreaking or thought-provoking, but good popcorn fun.
- The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (film) - I've never read the comics and I never will. On it's own, while I don't think it's great, I think the cast does a good job with they have. I wouldn't mind seeing these actors playing these characters in their own original stories (Peta Wilson playing Mina Harker in a Dracula movie, Stuart Townsend in The Picture of Dorian Gray, etc.)
- The Alamo (2004) - A more historically accurate adaptation of that famous battle, which, IMO, was why it flopped at the box office and was torn to bits by critics (Ebert, thankfully, gave it the praise it deserved). One particularly ignorant asshole bashed the film for saying that Texas was "stolen from Mexico by a gang of thieves and outlaws" - which, incidentally, is pretty much what actually happened. A good cast that makes the characters feel human, some good bits of research into the history of that event and its aftermath, memorable music and good dialogue - what more could you want?
- Space Jam - A guilty pleasure. Deserves all the flak it gets, but I enjoy watching it even though I shouldn't.
- AVP - I like both films (yes, I LIKE Requiem). Like Space Jam, both movies deserve the flak they get, but I find them both fun and entertaining. The first one has an awesome fight scene, the second has so much gore it's downright comical.
- When a Stranger Calls (2006) - I cannot for the life of me understand why critics shit on this film. I saw both films back to back, and I think the remake knocks the original out of the ballpark. The killer gets no name or backstory, making him more intimidating, the scenes are chock-full of tension, the acting is good, and the climax is both scary and awesome at the same time.
Stuff I Hate:
- Coen Brothers - I don't like their movies. It's not that I find anything inherently WRONG with them. I just think they're boring. Fargo was particularly jarring because of Marge's utter stupidity.
- Avatar: The Last Airbender - A Star Wars ripoff, and an unimaginative and shameless one at that. Everything is completely by-the-numbers from start to finish. Nickelodeon didn't even try to do something with it. Disgusting. Legend of Korra did go a different route, but the arc villains were improperly arranged and the characters were just obnoxious, especially that walking fart joke kid. Fuck him.
- The New Star Wars canon - This new universe is already pretty controversial, but it disgusts me immensely. I'm not going to pretend that the original EU was flawless, but this new canon siphons off the "Legends" continuity like a leech. They claim to want creative freedom, but this "new" universe hasn't produced ANYTHING creative!! It just steals from the EU and tries to give characters new names in a desperate hope that no one will notice! This includes the "new" movies - I don't like The Force Awakens or Rogue One.
- Family Guy & American Dad - The comedy is too rude, crude, and oftentimes downright random. Plus both shamelessly rip off The Simpsons. Sure, that show could have that stuff too, but (when done right) it was subtle, cleverly woven into the plot, or both. These two shows just insert that stuff for cheap laughs. Pathetic.
- South Park - I hate it for pretty much the same reason I hate Family Guy and American Dad. Just a terrible combination of excessive swearing, violence, and bodily "humor".
- Rumiko Takahashi - I hate this woman's works for pretty much the same reason as Thugs Bunny, with Ranma 1/2 being the worst of the lot. Now, before you roll your eyes, let me make something clear: I am aware of the difference between canon and fanon. Akane doesn't have a mallet, Ranma isn't "honorable", Nabiki doesn't pay the bills with the money she fleeces, Shampoo's tribe are not misandrists, etc. However, there's plenty of stuff in canon to make me hate this series. First off, virtually none of the characters are likable, but every time they suffer I don't feel smug or anything because the people causing them to suffer are even worse! Ranma is a gutless doormat who lets people walk all over him even though it is well within his power to snap each and every one of them like a twig; Akane is a short-tempered, self-righteous, spoiled Creator's Pet; Nabiki is a borderline sociopath whose Karma Houdini status is supposed to be funny, and is labeled as some sort of master schemer when she really isn't; Genma and Soun are complete and utter shit; the other suitors are as self-entitled and obnoxious as Akane; Ryoga is a self-pitying, hypocritical pervert whose bad sense of direction was never funny; Happosai and Principal Kuno are just plain annoying. Every single character in the series is utterly despicable, yet the ones who get the most crap thrown at them are the ones who come the closest to being sympathetic. (deep breath) As for the rest of her stuff, it's crap. Inu Yasha has all the same problems as Ranma 1/2, with Kagome being one of the most wretched bitches I've ever seen; Urusei Yatsura has the decency to make its protagonist an irredeemable asshole whose misery does bring me joy, but once again, the few characters who actually have some semblance of sanity and/or are deserving of sympathy suffer the most (maybe that's the point, but for God's sake, throw them a bone every once in a while!); Maison Ikkoku was pretty average. I hear her newest series has finally gotten rid of all the problems her previous works were filled with, but frankly, I don't think she deserves another chance.
- Naruto - Initially a great series, but then became polluted by hypocrisy, broken aesops, characters who refuse to just get a clue, general stupidity on all sides, and too much focus on the antagonist. It became so disgusting that it caused me to explore the first series again and realize just how terrible that was, as well.
- Bleach - Nice artwork, but sadly hampered by the following problems: uninteresting and/or cliched characters, overly long fights that focus more on the characters stupidly explaining how their powers work, the overall stupidity of the characters, the Gotei 13's incompetence and refusal to learn from their mistakes, and so on. In short, it's all style, no substance.
- One Piece - The characters are WAY too obnoxious and annoying, the story arcs repetitive and predictable, and the way Ace died was just plain STUPID.
- Fairy Tail - Like Bleach, it's all flash and no bang.
- Full Metal Panic - One word: Kaname. This bitch is so emotionally unstable and unnecessarily violent she could give Naru Narusegawa and Louise de la Valliere a run for their money. I can understand being annoyed by Sousuke's wrong genre savviness, but by God, her responses are just too brutal to be justified, and she'll just as often beat him up for no good reason simply because "tsun-tsun". And what makes it worse is that he could easily make her stop, but he just sits there and takes it like a bitch when he has no reason to. Disgusting.
Misc.:I despise anonymous reviews. To me, it's a show of cowardice, especially if the reviewer is just flaming it. Even ones that contain praise or constructive criticism receive no sympathy from me. It's not like getting an account on this site is hard or anything. Blocking users from reviewing your stories is sheer cowardice, especially when they are giving constructive criticism. You can't expect everybody to just kiss your ass, and if you do, then you're a moron. It doesn't matter if you "worked hard" on something - if it sucks, it sucks. Shameless self-promotion. If you think you're a good writer, fine. If you can back it up, good for you. But to declare yourself the only writer worth reading from is absolutely laughable. Words of advice, smartass: no matter how good or great you think you are, there's at least a million people better than you.