Poll: What should happen to Bledig in The Labyrinth's Queen? Vote Now!
Author has written 10 stories for Labyrinth.
Hi and welcome to my profile!
I've been a fan of movies in general since I was three and remember my mother taking me to see The Muppet Movie (which is still totally cool even this many years later). I started writing fiction (not fan fiction) when I was 10. I was published by a local company when I was 11 and my children's book is still in print in my hometown. I gave up writing to get published when I decided to become a social worker at the tender age of 18. I may return to it later in life, but right now I'm content to let my creative juices flow while writing fan fiction. My favorite movie to write continuations on is, of course, Labyrinth. I was nine when the movie came out and my mom took me to see it. I loved the movie so much that I used to daydream about what happened after the movie was over. Now that I'm older, I put those daydreams into my fan fiction (though my fiction has definitely matured since I was a teen...heh heh). I think I might write fan fiction for other movies eventually, but I love the world of the Underground too much to stop writing my Labyrinth stuff.
As for my writing, I tend to lean heavily on humor as I do in real life. I might let a little adventure, drama, and fantasy in there, but humor is always the undercurrent to my fiction (even the more dramatic).
Me: Did I forget anything?
Hoggle: Don't forgets to tell them that you loves reviews as much as His Royal Ratness loves peaches...
Me: Oh yes, can't forget that. I do take suggestions and implement them into my story (of course, giving you all the credit)...
Sir Didymus: Verily, my lady, do not forget to say that your stories smell as sweetly as the place I call home...
Me: Um, thanks, I think...
Ludo: Stories good...
Me: Thanks Ludo...
Sarah: I enjoy being in your stories, even if I have to work with the Royal Pain in the...
Jareth: Watch it or I'll have you dipped head first in the Bog of Eternal Stench...hahahahaha...well...laugh...
Me: I guess that's about it. Enjoy and review often!
Stories in progress:
Thanks to all who continue to review these tales. You really do motivate me to continue. Check out my* to see my thoughts on these stories, information on updates, and more.
Someone To Watch Over Me
High King's Bride
I finally got my very own copy of Froud's Goblins of the Labyrinth!! I can't wait to start reading...woot woot!
If you haven't seen Suburban Knights, I highly recommend it! Jareth saves the day with his mighty bulge. Check it out here: thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/nostalgia-critic/31491-suburban-knights-part-1
For those of you who were wondering, here is a list of the David Bowie/Labyrinth references in Chapter 23 of Summer Solstice during Sarah's event:
-The Wizard of Oz was one of the books in Sarah’s collection in the movie.
- Of course, Under Pressure is the 1980s hit David Bowie recorded with Queen.
- The Man Who Fell To Earth was David Bowie’s first film in which he had the starring role. If you’ve never seen it, I would highly recommend it. For those of you over 18 and curious, you can get a very good idea of what he’s hiding under those tights.
- The Dark Crystal was a movie made by Jim Henson before Labyrinth. Labyrinth was supposed to be like Dark Crystal but more appealing to a wider audience. Henson had Jareth use crystals in the movie as an homage to that movie.
- Though Toby was the name of the baby in the movie, Freddie was the name of the baby in the original script. It just so happened that Toby Froud, Brian’s son, happened to be used for the movie. They kept the name to avoid confusing him.
- In the Manga comic, Sarah became an English teacher. That was my little homage to it.
- Of course, her greatest fear would be snakes. Didn’t he throw one at her…lol.
- Sarah’s birthday was June 27 – the same date that Labyrinth was released in 1986. The other dates were May 15, the date I joined Fanfiction . net and December 12, Jennifer Connelly’s birthday.
Unsafe External Link