Author has written 3 stories for Misc. Cartoons, Ouran High School Host Club, and South Park.
Hey name's Sayomi I am a Major otaku (kill me for saying that if you will I know what it means and stand true to it) proud Queen Fujoshi :'3 and a Fan of everything I follow
Fandom is focus. Fandom is obsession. Fandom is sitting for hours, in front of a TV screen/ computer screen/ watching a movie/ with a comic book or novel in your hand. Fandom is eyestrain and carpal tunnel syndrome and not enough exercise and staying up way, way past your bedtime.
Fandom is people you don’t tell your mother you’re meeting. Fandom is people in the closet, people out and proud, people in costumes, people in T-shirts with slogans only fifty others would understand. Fandom is a loud dinner conversation scaring the waiter and every table nearby.
Fandom is you in America and me in the UK and him in Australia and her in Japan. Fandom is a sofa-bed in New York, a road trip to Oxnard, a friend behind a face in London. Fandom talks past time zones and accents and backgrounds. Fandom is conversation. Communication. Contact.
Fandom is drama. Fandom is melodrama. Fandom is high school. Fandom is smarter than you. Fandom is stupider than you. Fandom is five arguments over and over and over again. Fandom is the first time you've ever had them.
Fandom is female. Fandom is male. Fandom lets female play at being male. Fandom bends gender, straight, gay, prude, promiscuous. Fandom is fantasy. Fandom doesn't care about norms or taboos or boundaries. Fandom cares too much about norms and taboos and boundaries. Fandom is not real life. Fandom is closer than real life. Fandom knows what you’re really like in the bedroom. Fandom is how you would never, could never be in the bedroom.
Fandom is shipping, never shipping, het, slash, gen, none of the above, more than the above. Fandom is love for characters you didn't create. Fandom is recreating the characters you didn't create. Fandom is appropriation, subversion, distension Fandom is adoration, extrapolation, imitation. Fandom is dissection, criticism, interpretation. Fandom is changing, experimenting, attempting.
Fandom is creating. Fandom is drawing, painting, vidding: nine seasons in four minutes of love. Fandom is words, language, authoring. Fandom is essays, stories, betas, parodies, filks, zines, usenet posts, blog posts, message board posts, emails, chats, petitions, wank, concrit, feedback, recs. Fandom is writing for the first time since you were twelve. Fandom is finally calling yourself a writer.
Fandom is signal and response. Fandom is a stranger moving you to tears, anger, laughter. Fandom is you moving a stranger to speak.
Fandom is distraction. Fandom is endangering your job, your grades, your relationships, your bank account. Fandom gets no work done. Fandom is too much work. Fandom was/is just a phase. Fandom could never be just a phase. Fandom is where you found a friend, a sister, a kindred spirit. Fandom is where you found a talent, a love, a reason.
Fandom is where you found yourself.
I'm a TEENAGER, so I MUST have a STEREOTYPE.
I'M A PERSON SO I MUST BE LABELED!
· I am the girl kicked out of her home because I confided in my mother that I am a lesbian.
· I am the prostitute working the streets because nobody will hire a transsexual woman.
· I am the sister who holds her gay brother tight through the painful, tear-filled nights.
· I am the man who died alone in the hospital because they would not let my partner of twenty-seven years into the room.
· I am the foster child who wakes up with nightmares of being taken away from the two fathers who are the only loving family I have ever had. I wish they could adopt me.
· I am one of the lucky ones, I guess. I survived the attack that left me in a coma for three weeks, and in another year I will probably be able to walk again.
· I am not one of the lucky ones. I killed myself just weeks before graduating high school. It was simply too much to bear.
· We are the couple who had the realtor hang up on us when she found out we wanted to rent a one-bedroom for two men.
· I am the person who never knows which bathroom I should use if I want to avoid getting the management called on me.
· I am the mother who is not allowed to even visit the children I bore, nursed, and raised. The court says I am an unfit mother because I now live with another woman.
· I am the domestic-violence survivor who found the support system grow suddenly cold and distant when they found out my abusive partner is also a woman.
· I am the domestic-violence survivor who has no support system to turn to because I am male.
· I am the father who has never hugged his son because I grew up afraid to show affection to other men.
· I am the home-economics teacher who always wanted to teach gym until someone told me that only lesbians do that.
· I am the man who died when the paramedics stopped treating me as soon as they realized I was transsexual.
· I am the person who feels guilty because I think I could be a much better person if I didn’t have to always deal with society hating me.
· I am the man who stopped attending church, not because I don't believe, but because they closed their doors to my kind.
I am the person who has to hide what this world needs most, love.
Repost this if you believe homophobia is wrong
Write down 12 South Park Characters as fast as you can from the top of your head, then answer the questions.
--Have you ever read a Six/Eleven fic? Do you want to? (Butters/Gregory)
--Do you think Four is hot? How hot? (Craig)
--What would happen if Twelve got Eight pregnant? (Christophe/Clyde)
--Can you recall any fic(s) about Nine? (Tweek)
--Would Two and Six make a good couple? (Kyle/Butters)
--Five/Nine or Five/Ten? Why? (Cartman/Tweek or Cartman/Pip)
--What would happen if Seven walked in on Two and Twelve having sex? (Wendy walking in on Kyle/Christophe)
--Make up a summary for a Three/Ten fic. (Stan/Pip)
--Is there any such thing as One/Eight fluff? (Kenny/Clyde)
--Suggest a title for a Seven/Twelve hurt/comfort fic. (Wendy/Gregory)
--What kind of plot would you use if you wanted Four to deflower One? (Criag/Kenny)
--Does anyone on your friends list read Three het? (Stan)
--Does anyone on your friends list write or draw Eleven? (Gregory)
--Would anyone on your friends list write Two/Four/Five? (Kyle/Craig/Cartman)
--What might Ten scream at a moment of great passion? (Pip)
--If you wrote a song-fic about Eight, which song would you choose? (Clyde)
--If you wrote a One/Six/Twelve fic, what would the warnings be? (Kenny/Butters/Christophe)
--What might be a good pick-up line for Ten to use on Two? (Pip/Kyle)
--When was the last time you read a fic about Five? (Cartman)
--What is Six's super-secret kink? (Butters)
--Would Eleven shag Nine? Drunk or sober? (Gregory/Tweek)
--If Three and Seven get together, who tops? (Stan/Wendy)
-- One and Nine are in a happy relationship until Nine suddenly runs off with Four. One, broken-hearted, has a hot one-night stand with Eleven and a brief unhappy affair with Twelve, then follows the wise advice of Five and finds true love with Six. (Kenny and Tweek are in a happy relationship until Tweek suddenly runs off with Craig. Kenny, broken-hearted, has a hot one-night stand with Gregory and a brief unhappy affair with Christophe, then follows the wise advice of Cartman and finds true love with Butters.)
Boys I ship