Poll: Do you have any character crushes? Choose as many as you like and answer honestly! Vote Now!
Author has written 35 stories for Ashes to Ashes, Homestuck, and Doctor Who.
I guess I should say something here, right?
My name is Misty, and I'm an A2Aaholic.
Ashes to Ashes was my first real TV obsession in over a decade and also the show to get me out of a dire decade of writers's block. Apparently when everyone went to the pub my muse took this distraction as an opportunity to escape from whichever cell it was being held in and has been forcing me to write Ashes to Ashes fan fiction ever since! The swine!
Fic illustrations and portraits of my OCs can be found at: http://xxmisty.tumblr.com/tagged/misty's-ocs (FFnet screws up the link so copy and paste!)
Most of my fics run in a series. The running order of my fics is:
Out of the Window --> Absolute Beginners --> Strangers when we Meet --> Whispering her Name --> Something Changed *and* Dead Man Walking --> Chasing Rainbows --> Eyes of Blue --> What Do You Want From Me? --> Where Have All The Cowboys Gone? --> Things Can Only Get Better --> Perfect Day --> The Drugs Don't Work --> Candle in the Wind --> Don't Speak --> Remember Me --> Bittersweet Symphony --> Twelve Days of Fenchurch East --> The Power of Goodbye --> (Time of your Life - Doctor Who crossover) --> Live To Tell
1) Out of the Window - After I wrote a one-shot undoing the ending to S3 Ep8 I couldn't leave it alone so I wrote more and more. Set in 1985, Alex leaves the pub via the window to stay with Gene, there's a new recruit to break in and Keats tries to find new ways of bringing down Fenchurch East.
2) Absolute Beginners is the sequel, set in the present day where a comatose Alex is in danger from a certain bespectacled gentleman.
3) Strangers When We Meet was supposed to be the end of the trilogy. It sees a 90s Fenchurch East with Alex getting 'The Rachel' haircut and Gene developing a surprising taste for lattes. This probably remains my favourite fic.
4) Whispering Your Name - Despite completing my originally intended trilogy I wrote a fourth fic telling the parallel stories of both Alexes after her soul splits in two, half desperate to return home to 1995 and Gene while the other half is desperate to return to Molly and get out of her 'coma world'. This is the longest A2A fic on FFnet!
I wrote two parallel sequels to Whispering Your Name:
5) Dead Man Walking is set in 2011 and follows the story of Keats waking up in Layton's body, causing chaos for Evan and Molly and seeking revenge on those who have wronged him
6) Something Changed is the 1996-set sequel, where life has finally returned to normal for Alex until she unexpectedly meets a familiar face in the form of Shaz, weeks before her murder.
7) Chasing Rainbows is the sequel to Something Changed, in which Gene and Alex believe they finally have a way to defeat Keats but with Alex weakened by pregnancy and Keats busy wrecking someone else's life the future of Gene's world is threatened.
8) Eyes of Blue - Alex is stuck in the real world in 2011 and needs to get home by laying both her own demons and Gene's to rest, while in 1996 Gene's thoughts turn to heading to the pub for that final round. Can she get home before he makes a decision he'll regret?
9) What Do You Want From Me? is a second part to the previous fic, where Layton is running amok in both worlds and holds the key to Alex getting home. Tissue warnings for much sadness!
10) Where Have All The Cowboys Gone - Gene wakes up in 2012 but all is not what it seems. Notable for the fact that I may be the first person ever to Rickroll Gene Hunt!
11) Things Can Only Get Better - Set during the 1997 General Election there are explosions to deal with and Keats's quest for revenge hits its darkest hour
12) Perfect Day - Continuing directly from the previous fic, Keats takes his revenge to new extremes but the balance of power is about to change
13) The Drugs Don't Work - Keats's actions have left the team struggling to pick to the pieces and this fic explores their struggle and effort to bring things back together.
14) Candle in the Wind - The day of the death of Princess Diana, the team all react in different ways
15) Don't Speak - The day of Keats's trial has finally arrived - and his defense lawyer is unpleasantly familiar
16) Remember Me - When time and worlds collide Alex has the unfortunate opportunity to see 70s Gene in action
17) Bittersweet Symphony - Remember that young PC James Keats lying in a coma? It's wake-up time! Yeah, I plan well ahead!
18) The Twelve Days of Fenchurch East was some wholly unexpected fluff and stupidity because I was way ahead of schedule!
19) The Power of Goodbye is the first fic set in 1998. Doctor Who crossover canonically comes after this fic and does follow my series of stories but does not need to be read to follow the thread if you are not a fan.
Companions to the series of fics:
Strange Little Girl is a story written from a narrative point of view as Kim, a character first included in Strangers When We Meet, tells her story of how she arrived in the Geneverse, her early months working with Alex and Gene and a retelling of her side of things from Strangers onwards.
To Fenchurch And Beyond is a one-shot I wrote for christmas 2011 and can be read like a missing scene or companion piece for Whispering Your Name, telling the tale of how Alex managed to buy Gene the Buzz Lightyear he'd set his heart upon for Christmas.
Chapter Twenty and a Half is the missing scene from Out of the Window which I finally wrote for the 2nd anniversary of the end of A2A.
Closer Than Close is a piece of fluffy femmeslash that technically takes place during What Do You Want From Me? but isn't revealed until Cowboys. Warning - F/F slash featuring Alex and an OC, Kim. If you don't like it. just don't read it.
All Good Things Come To An End is an in-progress fic; a companion piece to What Do You Want From Me, set in the real world in 2012
Tied To The 90s is a collection of drabbles set in my 90s Geneverse, mostly non-canon but some may be set during existing fics or may be used for future ones.
The Edge Of heaven is a very dark in-progress fic showing an alternative universe to Out Of The Wndow - what would have happened if Alex had jumped from a different window? how different would her life have been?
Some of my original characters have run away with me and original stories featuring Robin and Kim (and possibly Evan's beard :-/) are now up on FictionPress
1) Bigger Than Us is a direct sequel to Dead Man Walking, where Robin and Kim face a surprising situation as they're drawn closer together (Content warning for Evan's beard) http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2968866/1/Bigger_Than_Us
2) Will You? is the sequel to Bigger Than Us but also crosses over with Chasing Rainbows as the plight of Alex's body in 2011 is also involved. http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2973633/1/Will_You
3) Strange and Beautiful is the sequel to Will You? (and also crosses over with Chasing Rainbows). http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2980223/1/Strange_and_Beautiful
4) Time To Say Goodbye is a Kim fluff challenge that follows Things Can Only Get Better
5) Have Yourself a Merry Little Kim-mas was written for Christmas 2012, a little Christmas fluff for Kim set in 2010
I have started completing digital portraits of the recurring characters through my series of fics which can be found here:
- Girls Just Wanna Have Fun is an unfinished Alex/Shaz fic. I *will* update this at some point but probably not until my main series of fics ends.
- Is There Something I Should Know? is a dark alternative to the end of S3 ep8 - what if Keats was telling the truth and Alex could still get home, but for the highest price imaginable?
- Much to my dismay I have become addicted to the webcomic Homestuck! Karkat: Take A Seat Right Over There was my fist HS fic, written for the Kink meme; a HS/TCAP crossover
I hope to write a lot more in the future but please bear in mind I have four small children including a baby and run a business, so writing may go on hiatus unexpectedly!
I try to reply to my reviews and like meeting new people through A2A fiction.
Oh, and I have a warped sense of humour and I can't resist throwing in totally surreal humour even in the darkest of stories. You have been warned!
SHIPPING POLL RESULTS ARE HERE:
Unsafe External Link