Poll: Do you have any character crushes? Choose as many as you like and answer honestly! Vote Now!
Author has written 36 stories for Ashes to Ashes, Homestuck, and Doctor Who.
I guess I should say something here, right?
My name is Misty, and I'm an A2Aaholic.
Ashes to Ashes was my first real TV obsession in over a decade and also the show to get me out of a dire decade of writers's block. Apparently when everyone went to the pub my muse took this distraction as an opportunity to escape from whichever cell it was being held in and has been forcing me to write Ashes to Ashes fan fiction ever since! The swine!
Most of my fics run in a series. There are 'missing scenes', one-shots and companion stories featuring my OCs that run alongside them. Some of them are on my Fictionpress account. The running order of my fics is:
Out of the Window --> Absolute Beginners --> Strangers when we Meet --> Whispering her Name --> Something Changed *and* Dead Man Walking --> Chasing Rainbows --> Eyes of Blue --> What Do You Want From Me? --> Where Have All The Cowboys Gone? --> Things Can Only Get Better --> Perfect Day --> The Drugs Don't Work --> Candle in the Wind --> Don't Speak --> Remember Me --> Bittersweet Symphony --> Twelve Days of Fenchurch East --> The Power of Goodbye --> (Time of your Life - Doctor Who crossover) --> Live To Tell --> No Regrets --> Pure Morning
1) Out of the Window - After I wrote a one-shot undoing the ending to S3 Ep8 I couldn't leave it alone so I wrote more and more. Set in 1985; Alex leaves the pub via the window to stay with Gene, there's a new recruit to break in and Keats tries to find new ways of bringing down Fenchurch East.
2) Absolute Beginners is the sequel, set in the present day where a comatose Alex is in danger from a certain bespectacled gentleman. This story is set in the present day and focuses on OCs created in Out of the Window, how they cope with events after a spell in Gene's world and what's happening with Keats in the real world. I understand not everyone is interested in an OC-focused fic so if you can't get into this one feel free to skip to Strangers When we Meet.
3) Strangers When We Meet was supposed to be the end of the trilogy. It sees a 90s Fenchurch East with Alex getting 'The Rachel' haircut and Gene developing a surprising taste for lattes. This remained my favourite fic for a very long time with very high levels of emotion throughout.
4) Whispering Your Name - Despite completing my originally intended trilogy I wrote a fourth fic telling the parallel stories of both Alexes after her soul splits in two, half desperate to return home to 1995 and Gene while the other half is desperate to return to Molly and get out of her 'coma world'. This is the longest A2A fic on FFnet!
I wrote two parallel sequels to Whispering Your Name which can be read a chapter from each at a time for best effect:
5) Dead Man Walking is set in 2011 and follows the story of Keats waking up in Layton's body, causing chaos for Evan and Molly and seeking revenge on those who have wronged him
6) Something Changed is the 1996-set sequel, where life has finally returned to normal for Alex until she unexpectedly meets a familiar face in the form of Shaz, weeks before her murder.
7) Chasing Rainbows is the sequel to Something Changed, in which Gene and Alex believe they finally have a way to defeat Keats but with Alex weakened by pregnancy and Keats busy wrecking someone else's life the future of Gene's world is threatened. There are companion stories on my fictionpress account that run alongside this story in the real world, focusing on two of my OCs and what's happening to the comatose Alex.
8) Eyes of Blue - Alex is stuck in the real world in 2011 and needs to get home by laying both her own demons and Gene's to rest, while in 1996 Gene's thoughts turn to heading to the pub for that final round. Can she get home before he makes a decision he'll regret?
9) What Do You Want From Me? is a second part to the previous fic, where Layton is running amok in both worlds and holds the key to Alex getting home. Tissue warnings for much sadness!
10) Where Have All The Cowboys Gone - Gene wakes up in 2012 but all is not what it seems. Notable for the fact that I may be the first person ever to Rickroll Gene Hunt!
11) Things Can Only Get Better - Set during the 1997 General Election there are explosions to deal with and Keats's quest for revenge hits its darkest hour.
12) Perfect Day - Continuing directly from the previous fic, Keats takes his revenge to new extremes but the balance of power is about to change. Warning for very dark themes throughout.
13) The Drugs Don't Work - Keats's actions have left the team struggling to pick to the pieces and this fic explores their struggle and effort to bring things back together.
14) Candle in the Wind - The day of the death of Princess Diana, the team all react in different ways. I remember the day very clearly and most of the team's experiences are based on real life events from that sad day.
15) Don't Speak - The day of Keats's trial has finally arrived - and his defense lawyer is unpleasantly familiar...
16) Remember Me - When time and worlds collide Alex has the unfortunate opportunity to see 70s Gene in action!
17) Bittersweet Symphony - Remember that young PC James Keats lying in a coma? It's wake-up time! Yeah, I plan well ahead!
18) The Twelve Days of Fenchurch East was some wholly unexpected fluff and stupidity because I was way ahead of schedule! Warning for lots of fluff, sexy-times and Gene giving people crappy christmas presents.
19) The Power of Goodbye is the first fic set in 1998. There's a new recruit and there's something fishy going on...
20) Time of your Life - is a Doctor Who crossover which fits here canonically and does follow my series of stories but does not need to be read to follow the thread if you are not a fan! However, I had a lot of fun writing this and hope some of you will enjoy reading this too!
21) Live to Tell - Set in the summer of 1998, my own darkest hour, there's a very strange newbie at the station and the dark forces of Fenchurch West raise their ugly heads
22) Looking for Love - Finally Gene and Alex are set to marry but there are dead vicars to be dealt with first! There's a lot of fun fluff and silliness, some light relief after the darker days
23) No regrets - Keats reaches a critical decision; will he ultimately choose to be a man or a monster?
24) Pure Morning - The team have to come to terms with a familiar face joining the station
There are a further 10 fics planned for my main series with the final fic set in early 2000, bringing closure to 3 million words of story!
Companions to the series of fics:
I've written several other stories and one-shots that are companion pieces to my main fic series. Some of them slot in between chapters (missing scenes), others are full stand-alone stories that run beside them and others are alternative universes or character-based retellings of events in the series. Here's a list of the companion pieces in order depending on how they fit into the series or where they start in my story chronology.
Chapter Twenty and a Half is the missing scene from Out of the Window which I finally wrote for the 2nd anniversary of the end of A2A. To be read after chapter 20!
Strange Little Girl is a story written from a narrative point of view as Kim, a character first included in Strangers When We Meet, tells her story of how she arrived in the Geneverse, her early months working with Alex and Gene and a retelling of her side of things from Strangers onward. This is ongoing and will probably be picked up when the main fic series ends but some chapters may appear in the interim.
To Fenchurch And Beyond is a one-shot I wrote for christmas 2011 and can be read like a missing scene or companion piece for Whispering Your Name, telling the tale of how Alex managed to buy Gene the Buzz Lightyear he'd set his heart upon for Christmas.
Closer Than Close is a piece of fluffy femmeslash that technically takes place during What Do You Want From Me? but isn't revealed until Cowboys. Warning - F/F slash featuring Alex and an OC, Kim. If you don't like it. just don't read it.
All Good Things Come To An End is an in-progress fic; a companion piece to What Do You Want From Me, set in the real world in 2012. Currently on hold but will be continued when my main fic series has finished.
Tied To The 90s is a collection of drabbles set in my 90s Geneverse, mostly non-canon but some may be set during existing fics or may be used for future ones.
The Edge Of heaven is a very dark in-progress fic showing an alternative universe to Out Of The Window - what would have happened if Alex had jumped from a different window? how different would her life have been? Will probably be continued when my main fic series has ended.
Some of my original characters have run away with me and original stories featuring Robin and Kim (and possibly Evan's beard :-/) are now up on FictionPress
1) Bigger Than Us is a direct sequel to Dead Man Walking, where Robin and Kim face a surprising situation as they're drawn closer together (Content warning for Evan's beard) http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2968866/1/Bigger_Than_Us
2) Will You? is the sequel to Bigger Than Us but also crosses over with Chasing Rainbows as the plight of Alex's body in 2011 is also involved. http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2973633/1/Will_You
3) Strange and Beautiful is the sequel to Will You? (and also crosses over with Chasing Rainbows). http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2980223/1/Strange_and_Beautiful
4) Time To Say Goodbye is a Kim fluff challenge that follows Things Can Only Get Better. It's on hold right now but will be continued when my main series has finished.
5) Have Yourself a Merry Little Kim-mas was written for Christmas 2012, a little Christmas fluff for Kim set in 2010
6) Merry Kim-mas Eve was a little one-shot written for Christmas 2014. It technically fits after 2011 Chapter 24: https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3228087/1/Merry-Kim-mas-Eve
7) Somebody That I Used To Know is a spin-off story about two of my OCs; Nick Nailer and Victoria Stone. Some events happen alongside Strangers and Whispering but can be read any time. It's on hold for now but will be picked up as soon as I'm able to :) https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3070393/1/Somebody-That-I-Used-To-Know
- Girls Just Wanna Have Fun is an unfinished Alex/Shaz fic. I *will* update this at some point but probably not until my main series of fics ends.
- Is There Something I Should Know? is a dark alternative to the end of S3 ep8 - what if Keats was telling the truth and Alex could still get home, but for the highest price imaginable?
- Much to my dismay I have become addicted to the webcomic Homestuck! Karkat: Take A Seat Right Over There was my fist HS fic, written for the Kink meme; a HS/TCAP crossover
I am unable to write as prolifically as I used to due to my complicated medical conditions which have stolen a lot of time from me through regular blackouts and I find typing very difficult from fibromyalgia and R.A. pain in my hands as well as complete lack of co-ordination any more which means all my typing looks like a keysmash and needs endless correcting before I can post it! I promise I am still updating, it's just that they will be very sporadic for the foreseeable future. This fictional world I created has become very special to me and I would never abandon it. Kim, Robin, Simon and the others are very real to me and I want to lead them forward to their eventual fates. I hope you will follow them too :)
I try to reply to my reviews and like meeting new people through A2A fiction.
Oh, and I have a warped sense of humour and I can't resist throwing in totally surreal humour even in the darkest of stories. You have been warned!