Author has written 3 stories for CSI: New York, and Star Trek: 2009.
I'm an avid reader and at times writer. I've never really let anyone read much of what I've written before so this is a leap of faith for me. I've enjoyed this site for around four years now and love it. Also while I occasionally will read slash fics I won't write them. I have no problem if you lean that way, but don't expect it from me.
No I haven't fallen off the face of the earth again. We've just been obscenly busy with real life and not having an internet for just over three months made it hard to upload anything add in a hellish sinus infection, that I'm still on meds for and you can understand where I've been. HOPEFULLY I can get the pollish on the next chapter in short order now that I actually feel like doing something besides sleep, lol. Thank yous out to everyone who's left reviews I really appreciate them and here's hoping that I can FINALLY get Joanna finished this year!!!
I have several stories that I've read and loved on here, or just lost track of and now can't find, I've been reading stories on here since 2007, and yes I read a lot of odd stuff. I hope someone can point me in the right direction, PM me if you can PLEASE some of these are really bugging me. :)
Post Avengers, pre Thor 2, Darcy ends up being Loki's guard/babysitter in an apartment I think in Stark Tower. She's doing some kind of work for S.H.I.E.L.D from the apartment and at some point she starts bringing Loki books,and showing him how things work around the apartment. They end up getting into an argument/ something happens that she leaves and refuses to go back. A few days later Loki's wandering around the living room and find a CD that Darcy made for him and hidden away for later. The note said it was to celebrate X months being sane or something like that and he ends up listening to it constantly because he's starting to get lonely. I lost track of it right after Darcy decided to try and patch things up with him and showed up at Loki's door with lunch. I really would like to know what happened. The songs included Viva La Vida, and Praying you'll always understand me: tony's cello. I REALLY should make sure I don't already have it. The story is Tied For Last by fhobos, the story was over in my following list and the fandom had been changed from Thor to Avengers so I hadn't 'seen' it when I looked.
I don't gernerally read the ones with them as a couple but this one was actually cute. It was that they met and were already together before John was shot. Lestrade keeps hearing Sherlock mention John but either doesn't ask or Sherlock won't tell him who John really is. The first time it happened Sherlock had just been fished out of either the Thames or a pond and was muttering to himself around Lestrade, I think. Finally they're at a crime sceen and Sherlock's worse than ever because he hasn't heard anything from John in weeks and can't find out anything. As he's storming out there's an argument at the front door of the house their in that's revealed to be John and Mycroft. And Sherlock's reactions to John's injury -he didn't know about it- and Mycroft's presence shocks everyone.4-5 chapters I think. I know there's one that's really similar to it called 'Waiting for John' but no it's not it
Another return story. While Sherlock was 'gone' Mycroft had planted two agents in 221b to watch over Mrs. Hudson. When Sherlock shows up again at the flat Mrs. Hudson starts off litereally trying to knock some sence into him and then crying all over him before telling him where to find John. The story was following the 'Empty House' pretty closely too for what was going on with everyone as I recall, but it wasn't finished.
I ran across this one while looking for another one. But something happens to Sherlock I think he faints at a crime scene or during a chase, and John makes a deal with Sherlock about carrying snacks in at least one of their pockets.
A one shot continuation of the final scene in TRF, with a twist. After John leaves Sherlock's grave, he sends Mrs. Hudson home and comes back and joins Sherlock in his hiding spot. John ribs Sherlock for not thinking he could act convincingly and they start making plans for what happens next.
I ran across this by accident looking for the first Sherlock story search I listed on here. It's from Lestrade's point of view on Sherlock, comparing him to the stories handed down in his family from his great grandfather(?) who was the Inspector Lestrade who'd worked with the original Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson. There was a mention in there about Sherlock actually being a distant cousin of either Donovan or Anderson, I really want to say it was Donovan but... thank you to ParadiseGirl97 over at the Sherlock forums. It's Not Even Death by Lucillia
I know this one was a post Advent Children and possibly DOC. Cloud's back at 7th Heaven, and Marlene has Tifa and Yuffie helping her make a suffed critter (I think it's the thing that looks kind of like a teddy bear with wings and a puffball on it's head, can't remember what it's called but I think its the same one as the girl that takes Denzel to the reminants' truck has in AC). Cloud ends up helping with the sewing on the wings secretly when things start happening and no one else has the time to help her. Unfortunately I can't remember what the bigger plot was but I think it had something to do with Yuffie and Vincent but I'm not totally sure.
This is a new one for me I have the titles but I can't remember the author. The reason is that I had them favorited for a while but they got deleted during the purge of stories that 'violated' the ratings guide a couple years ago. The titles are Heal Me and Return To Me, both by the same author. They were set during and immediately post DoC. Heal Me starts right before Yuffie slaps Shelk and runs off. Return to Me started after the fade out when Shelk meets Vincent outside Lucrecia's cave at the very end of the game and was about his reunion with the rest of the group especially Yuffie. I'd love to at least get in touch with whoever wrote them to see if they still have a copy they could send me or if the stories are posted elsewhere.
Protector of the Small:
After the war With Scanra, Kel and Dom are either engaged or about to be and he takes her to Masbole to meet his family, I want to say over Midwinter, but for some holiday. His Grandmother and father believe all the gossip about her and try and force Dom to break it off, even going so far as to order Kel to leave. Neal and Yuki are shocked to hear what's going on when they arrive and they, Dom, Kel and Dom's mother, who supports Dom's marrying Kel, all are packing to leave the house in protest of the unfair treatment Kel's recieving. Most of the problem is Dom's grandmother his dad's mother. I lost track of it right after the ultimatums were issued and everyone was prepareing to leave for some inn. I'm not sure if it was under the Protector of the Small section or the Song of the Lioness one. The Lioness one is seriously messed up and has a mix of all the Tortall book AND the Circle books in it.
Star Trek 2009:
#1. Not sure if this is part of a group of one shots or not. Pike gets another complaint about Jim from his most recent room mate. As Pike and his assistant are trying to figure out what to do with him and go over the list of what happened with his last at least 5 room mates, jim's apparently a chameleon for turning into just what will drive his room mates nuts, McCoy's name comes up and they decide to take a chance and make them room mates.
2. Jim and Bones don't start as room mates, but Jim keeps showing up at McCoy's room at odd hours and anoying his room mate until the room mate ends up kicking McCoy out. the only room left is one at the end of a hall with a broken door that no one's used for a few years. He and Jim end up sharing it up until the movie. This was I want to say part of a series or at least had a one shot that went with it. The one shot was about Bones managing to get Joanna for a visit, and Uhura drops by while they're making cookies or something. I think the one shot was right after they get back while the ship is getting repaired. I found this one, A Bond Stronger Than Blood. though I'm still looking for the one shot. Ok I feel like an idiot. The "one shot" I was remembering is chapter 6 of Triumvirate both stories are by Ms Severus Kenobi and are part of her Bond series.
3. A few years after Vulcan's destruction Scotty and I think Chekov come up with an idea to get Amanda back using the pattern buffers that Scotty saved after they got home. No it's not the story Pattern Buffers by Saavik13 the one I'm looking for was a bit more involved in that the buffers that were in use during the movie had to be reinstalled and all sorts of power rerouted to try it. Also I don't think that Spock Prime was there for it or if he was he was only consulted by subspace about the possibility of the idea working.
4. This one was a transporter malfunction that swaps Bones and John Grimm. Kirk's waiting in the transporter room for McCoy to come back from somewhere but some how they end up with John Grimm, they do swap them back but everyone has an interesting time until they do. One-shot
5. I want to say this was a one-shot possibly a 2 chapter story. Jim's stuck on a 90% dead shuttle by some group of aliens, he's been kidnaped and dropped off somewhere in the middle of nowhere. The Enterprise is looking for him but time is running out because the shuttle is so damaged and has no beacon. The ironic part of the whole thing is that it's also his birthday and he keeps thinking about that as he's trying to stay alive long enough for the crew to find him.
6. This fragment of a story has been floating around my brain for a while. All I remember is that it was fairly soon after Kirk gets the Enterprise. Something goes wrong and Spock is in Medbay and he's trying to figure out why Bones always manages to touch all the patients including him when he has the readouts from the biobeds to tell him what's going on. The only line I remeber is that Spock picks up something like 'patient good' from Bones every time he comes by.
7. Jim, Uhura, Sulu and Chekov are stuck on a planet or station because of an ion storm while waiting for the Enterprise to pick them up from some kind of symposium or conference and while they wait they run into Ambassador Spock. Some interesting discussions follow between Jim, Uhura, and the Ambassador.
8. This one is an aftermath of the Narada one-shot. It follows a crew member from engineering wandering around the ship in a daze following random people. She ends up on the lift to the bridge when Jim and Uhura leave, and Jim ends up following her instead of going to the Medbay like he was ordered. He literally lets her run into him because of how little attention she's paying to her surroundings, before steering her to the Medbay with him. When they get there Bones and Jim both end up helping her break through the shock of loosing her husband in a hull breach as Scotty blew the warp cores. No names were mentioned until over halfway through and only after Bones is involved. The last lines were Jim telling her it would be ok before leaving; then someone wondering about what a black uniform fit meant and Bones just says calmly that that was the Captain, and her thinking that if the Captain said it she would be ok. I could have sworn I had it in my favorites but...
1. Starts on the battlefield right after they defeat Naraku. Kagome comes to hardly able to breathe because of a serious chest wound. Somehow she starts getting better as she starts looking for the others. She finds everyones bodies, and burries them. She finds Inuyasha either right before or as he dies. He'd gotten the jewel and wished for Kagome to survive. She goes back home, and somehow finds the battlefield again. It's now some kind memorial park. She found where the graves were there's something about them that reminds her each of her friends, and as she's at whatever marked Inuyasha's she has someone start talking to her. it was implied that it was Inuyasha's reincarnation. It was a one shot with a long author's note for the second chapter.
2. I think it was after Naraku's defeat, they're still traveling though possibly back to the village or something happened to the jewel again. Somehow Inuyasha gets knocked out. While he's out he gets pulled back 50 years to just before Onigumo was found by Kikyo. He was watching a battle with a demon that wanted the jewel that he'd had away from the village, near some abandoned buildings during a thunderstorm.(Kind of like Scrooge in A Christmas Carol type vision but I don't think there was a 'guide' with him, but I won't say there wasn't.) The storm started a fire as he killed the demon. He watched himself pause and then leave the fire to the rain when he couldn't smell any one. At the time he couldn't tell there was any one in the old buildings, either because of the demon guts or the smoke, but after he left a man ran out on fire and jumped/fell off the cliff above the river. I don't remember how he ended up making the connection between that guy and Onigumo/Naraku, but when he woke up I want to say he left Tessiega with Kagome and ran off. I remember he was trying to find someone to kill him because he was the one who set the stage for his friends and everyone else's problems. He tried to antaganize both Koga and Sesshomaru, but for some reason neither one would attack him in return. Finally the others caught up with him and somehow got him to take on some kind of penance or make a vow to get him to stop trying to kill himself and to do something else, what I can't remember.
3. Inuyasha gets killed during the final battle and Kagome returns home heartbroken. On the first day of school or soon after she meets someone that looks like him in his human form. Turns out that the boy she meets is actually Sesshomaru and Rin's son which causes all sorts of issues between them before everything is worked out. I don't remember if any of the others had reincarnated or not, or if Shippo was around either. Thanks to knittingknots for giving me the name of this one and to Fenikkusuken for her added info. The title was Mirrors by Blackmamba and has been taken down by the author I'm sorry to say as it was one of the best written AU endings to the story I've read.
I can't remember which boy's POV this was in I want to say Specs' though. But one of the boys comes from Virginia or somewhere around there to work as an apprentice for a black smith in New York. He ends up working with Snitch and Skittery- who ends up getting the name in the story. After a while he finds out his mother's dead, that's why she sent him to NY. They get fired I think for fighting and join the Newsies. I know there was more to it. It was definatly before the strike.
1. Before Kaoru and Kenshin get married, Megumi ends up giving Kaoru 'the talk' since Kaoru's mother is dead. But ends up causing problems between Kenshin and Kaoru because her visual aids were old wood-block prints, heavily styilized and with very little to do with really goes on in a marriage, but Kaoru takes them literally as what is expected of her as a 'wife', formal milti-layered kimono, geisha makeup every night etc. Kenshin stops Megumi from leaving for Aizu early the next day to fix the problem with Kaoru and to make sure she knows to get a newer set of prints so it won't happen again to someone else. I think she ends up having Sano's friend Katsu make them.
Thanks everyone for your help. ;)
Unsafe External Link