Author has written 7 stories for Digimon.
So a little bit about me.
I'm Male, (though if i was female my profile name would be just a little awkward lol)
I enjoy reading, watching movies, certain TV shows, playing Video Games, hanging out with my friends, writing (now at least, ask me a few years ago and i would have just laughed at the thought lol), eating, reading reviews...lol,being happy, music, anything that makes me happy.
Personally I don't really care how embarrassing something is, if i enjoy it and it makes me happy, i will be proud of it, and watch/read/do/play what ever it is, that's the way things should be.
I enjoy talking to people, though to be honest I'm naturally a quiet person. I don't start conversations so well, but i can keep one going, especially if it's something I'm passionate about. I prefer to say things in as few words as possible, unless it's something I'm passionate about or care about, then it's almost impossible to shut me up, funny how that works.
Um...right now (2012) I'm a senior in college, so you can get a rough estimate on my age. I live in the mid-west of America, though i was born and brought up on the east coast.
The only sport i really like, and follow, is Hockey. I'm a Washington Captials fan and proud of it.
Let's see...what else...
I enjoy a good (and plausible, plausibility is a big thing to me. I prefer if things are plausible, something i strive to do in everything that i'm writing and usually what i read, though sometimes i do enjoy some crazy story just for kicks and giggles) sci-fi story. My parents raised me with a huge love of Science Fiction, and it's stuck this far, so it's my favorite genre of books to read.
I have a pretty good obsessive streak, (the reason i even have this profile and the stories I'm posting) and I'll find out everything i can about something i really like. For example one of my favorite video games is the Halo series, and I've found out everything i could about Halo, including reading all the books.
Ok, now on to the subjects i'm writing about.
So I watched Digimon when it first came out on Fox Kids (hope you guys all remember the awesomeness of Fox Kids =)) and it was my favorite show. Sorta lost track of it when we moved (my dad was in the army so we moved a few times) since North Carolina (where we moved to) had different show times, and shows than Pennsylvania (where we moved from). I lost track of Digimon (unfortunately =( ), but rediscovered it during the summer of 2010. instantly got obsessed with it (see above to see what that means) and watched four of the five seasons (i didn't watch Frontier at first, i thought the whole no digimon partner thing was way to wacko, but i had my mind changed by a friend and really enjoyed it). I actually spent a good three or four weeks during the summer doing nothing but watching Digimon, so that was a good time.
Now the Details
Ok, so this has needed to be revised, since my views on the seasons have changed a bit.
1) Adventure. Hand down best season of Digimon. It was the first, introducing the show, it has some of the best characters, coolest digimon, and doesn't do anything that's completely insane (looking at you 02). Adventure also has some of the coolest bad guys in the shows. And it was actually an Adventure. Seven kids trapped in another world working together to survive? Pretty awesome I have to say. I felt the other seasons were just lacking something that Adventure had when they didn't get stuck in the digital world.
2) Frontier. Now, I know i'll probably get some flak for this, but Frontier was a really great season. Honestly the only bad thing about it is the lack of partners, but even that is sorta overcome by how coll the whole spirit evolution thing is. Anyways, a lot of the things that I liked about Adventure were repeated in Frontier (as in good characters, cool digimon, and awesome bad guys) Plus, this is the only show besides Adventure where they actually spend virtually the entire time in the digital world, one of the things I felt took away from the other season.
3) Tamers. Tamers honestly could rack up at number 2, but i'm giving that slot to Fronteir for right now. They didn't get stuck in the digital world (for more than a portion of the show that is) but they still did a bunch of great things. Biomerging is quite honestly the coolest digivolution ever, hands down. I think the biggest thing this show was lacking in was their bad guys. I mean Beelzemon was a great bad guy (while he was one) but other than that, the only bad guy was a freakin blob. Every other "bad" guy turned out to be misguided, and turned into an ally.
4) Data Squad. Ok, i know this show is probably the most hated of the first five seasons of digimon, but i honestly thought that it was pretty good. I mean, there were some things that were just wrong (LACK OF GOGGLES!) but it also did somethings really right. I mean if you look at the interaction between the main three characters, its very similar to the ones between Tai, Sora, and Matt in Adventure, which i always enjoyed. ShineGreymon was pretty cool, as was MirageGalgamon, and of course BanchoLeomon, but other than that there weren't really any standout digimon. Slightly better than Tamers with the bad guys, but still a little lacking.
5)Xros Wars. So this is for the Xros War shows (I think they're two) I haven't watched them since i can't really watch subbed anime without needing to stab someone, so i don't have much to say.
6) 02. Yes, i rank 02 below the shows i haven't watched, that's how much i've come to dislike 02. It started off pretty good, with the digieggs, and a fallen digidestined as the enemy, but i feel like somewhere along the line the writers must have ripped up the second half of the season and then taken bets on who could write the most ridiculous script. Winner got to have it done. Now, don't get me wrong, the second half of the season had a few good things, but mostly it was all sorts of messed up. I'm sure most of you know i'm somewhat of a Taiora fan (haha), and the whole idea of Sorato is just from out in left field, but honestly that makes more sense than a lot of the other things they did (i'm looking at you final episode and epilogue). Of course, i'm not say Sorato makes any sense at all, i was just using that as an example. Also, i hated how little the original characters were in the show. I understand that they're trying to say that they're busy with school and stuff, but still, they could have found a way.
Favorite Human Characters
Lets see, if you've read my stories then this should be fairly obvious, but i'll say it anyways.
Tai is my all time favorite character. plain simple no argument. I also shouldn't have to get into this. Tai is just freaking awesome.
I don't really have a specific order for the others in my favorite characters, but Sora, Kari, Davis, and Matt are my other favorite characters from Adventure 01/02.
From Tamers, Takato, Rika, Ryo, and Henry.
From Frontier: Takyua...and i don't actively dislike any of the others (a first for me!) but they aren't really favorites.
From Data Squad: Marcus Damon.
As you can see, i generally like the leaders for a season, that's in general how i am.
Ok, so number one, all time is of course Tai and Sora. I could go on for hours about how they were perfect for each other and Toei is a bunch of (insert lots of expletives here) for not having them to get together, but then i would never get off my computer.
T.K. and Kari (yea i know this is weird for someone who has Davis as one of his favorite characters but T.K. and Kari belong together, plain and simple)
Ken and Yolei the only thing Toei didn't skrew up.
Takuya and Zoe: this may actually be my second favorite couple (after Taiora of course) i mean, you can just tell that they care and like each other, and there was that time in Ophanimon's castle...
Takato and Rika. Now, I should make a caveat to this, I don't think that the two of them could be in a relationship at the end of Tamers (or Runaway Locomon even) but its something that i think could develop over time. I don't really have a list of reasons why I like them, I just think they'd work together well, balance each other out and stuff.
Ok, my favorite digimon of all time is WarGreymon. easily the coolest Digimon ever, and pretty freaking cool looking too. Though, VictoryGreymon is right behind him, maybe like a eighth of a step, and then slightly between VictoryGreymon and WarGreymon is EmperorGreymon, who is ridiculously awesome.
Others include (in no particular order) Terriermon, Agumon (both the original and the Data Squad one) Guilmon, Veemon, Dorumon, Tentomon, Gomamon, Wizardmon, Gatomon, ExVeemon, Rapidmon, RizeGreymon, MegaKabuterimon, MagnaAngemon, Gallantmon, Omnimon, Magnamon, MirageGaogamon, and probably a dozen others i can't think of right now.
Other Anime that i like.
In no particular order.
I'm a fan of pretty much every one of the Gundam series that I've spent time to watch, though i'd have to say the Seed series is probably my favorite. I mean, there's not a whole lot to say other than giant robots fighting each other. I mean, let's be honest there's not a lot of things that are more fun to watch than giant robots fighting each other.
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
I thought FMAB was freakin awesome when i first watched it. It has so many different things about it that are great.Great characters, evil bad guys, quirky anime humor one second and super serious moments the next (one of my favorite things about anime), and awesome fights. Anyways, i'm a huge fan.
I'm not a huge fan of the first anime they made. I could get over the fact that it didn't follow the storyline of the manga (which i've also read), and even admit that it wasn't that bad of a show, until the freakin ending. Honestly I think the ending in that actually beats out 02 for the worst ending ever, and i've already told all of you what i think of the 02 ending.
I recently got into Bleach, and I have to say yet again that i'm a huge fan of the series. In fact, at points i'm even more obsessed with Bleach than I am with digimon (see above if you've forgotten what that means). There's not a lot to dislike about Bleach, and yet again i'm not going to go into much. I mean, sword fights with evil monsters? And the swords have wicked awesome powers? And the show has a great story line and awesome characters? Hell yea it's awesome. I may even right a Bleach fan fic or two after i've finished up my digimon stories (I don't want to get distracted from finishing those after all).
I think those are my other favorite anime...if i think of something else, i'll add it.
Somewhere I Belong Universe: An AU from the 02 ending where someone corrected the cracked ending of 02.
Somewhere I Belong. My first fic, a 1st person POV Taiora. It mostly focuses on Tai and Sora, and isn't really an action fic. It focuses on friendship and romance between the digidestined in general and Tai and Sora specifically.
How Far We've Come. Sequel to Somewhere I Belong, again a 1st person POV Taiora, though this fic takes a different general focus. It is very much an action fic, and if i do say so myself, a good mix between action and everything else (except angst, not really any of that). It also focuses on the rest of the digidestined instead of just Tai and Sora. Its other couples include Takari and Mimato.
A Life Less Ordinary. Sequel to How Far We've Come. In development stages, and i'm not really sure if i'll ever publish it. I need to finish my other stories before i even think about it, and i ended HFWC so it didn't need a sequel, though one is in planning.
Demon Wars Universe:another AU, one where Tai was trapped in an alternate dimension for three years before he managed to get home.
The Return. The first fic of the DW series. This is a third person fic, which focuses on action over everything else (though it does have everything else since I like a complete story, the action just takes top honors). This fic contains some crazy digivolutions, so if you like things like that (like digidestined getting to biomerge, or have alternative digivolutions) this is the fic for you. Also a Taiora.
The Fall. Sequel to The Return, which keeps things pretty much the same. Not much to say here, other than it crosses over with both Tamers and Data Squad.
Unnamed. Sequel to The Fall, unnamed, and mostly unthought about at this point. What? I've got to finish The Fall first!
The Diary. A very short, and if I do say so emotional, fic, which show's entries from most of the digidestined, written to Tai after his "death" Written as Diary entries.
That Fateful Day. One-shot. The story of the day Tai was sent to an alternate dimension. Bit of action, bit of friendship, bit of angst. Enjoy.
Best Friends First. A cute (in my opinion) little one-shot about Tai and Sora when they were still kids. Friendship fic.
Unnamed. Yea, i know original title...anyways, this is a shorter (around 40-50 thousand words I think) Taiora that i got an idea for. It'll be somewhat different from pretty much every other Taiora fic out there (as far as i know that is), and i'm really looking forward to writing it. It'll be 1st person POV, and have almost no action in it, instead focusing on the relationship between Tai and Sora. That's all you're getting right now.
Um...I can't really think of anything else right now, so that's it for my profile!