Author has written 6 stories for Twilight.
Contest: Carlisle, Bella and the Banana
In the beginning of Chapter 23 of Hide and Drink, Bella tells Edward about Carlisle stopping by the Swan residence with a Depo injection, a box of condoms, and a banana. Bella only give’s Edward the highlights of the discussion, and this is YOUR CHANCE to fill in the details! It could be from Carlisle’s POV as he voices his concerns about unwanted vampire spawn, or maybe Bella’s POV and her internal “I’m going to die of embarrassment” ways. Maybe there’s a secret Werewolf-monitored microphone hiding under the bed or Charlie’s outside the door listening to the whole thing. Whatever floats your boat…er…ship, since size matters.
Write a one-shot based on the beginning of Hide and Drink Chapter 23 - Realize and Rationalize – to describe what happens when Carlisle decides to talk to Bella about safe sex and uses a banana to demonstrate the proper application of a condom.
“I had lots of requests to write an outtake of this part of Hide and Drink, but I don’t actually plan on doing one. I thought I’d give the readers the next best thing.” -Savage
Please include author’s notes/header with the following information -
Contest : Carlisle, Bella and the Banana
Oneshots must not be posted under your own account. Please email entries to Sparklingcitrus@gmail.com to be posted.
1. Must be a one-shot and remain a one-shot. This premise is used by permission of the Hide and Dink author for this contest only. Expanding to other areas, POVs, etc. of Hide and Drink is not acceptable.
2. Minimum length of 1000 words, not including: headline, disclaimer, ANs, etc.
3. May or may not include any smut, but make sure to assign an appropriate rating.
4. Any POV is acceptable, including but not limited to characters objects or fruit should your imagination and creativity allow!
5. Beta readers highly suggested. Use your best editing, grammar, punctuation. Entries will be screened.
6. Serious (what you really think happened based on characters from H&D), OOC and crack-fics are all acceptable. Actually, most anything goes.
7. Collaborations welcome
8. Multiple entries allowed
9. Authors must be 18+ only, please
Depending on number of entries, judging will occur in one of two ways.Popular vote will determine the winner unless there is a high number of entries. If there is a large number of entries,the popular vote will determine the top 5 entries and then the judges will each read them and come to a consensus on the winning one shot.
Contest Dates –
Entries accepted from now until Aug 8th
Voting begins Aug 9th and ends Aug 15th
Winner announced August 22nd should the Judges have to vote, Aug 17th if the winner is based on popular vote. Winners will be announced on Sparkling Citrus found at www.Sparklingcitrus.weebly.com
Banner designed by Rosalynn
Savage writes a one-shot based on YOUR story idea/plot bunny. Whatever you want. Anything goes.