Just a few quotes to help brighten my day, and hopefully yours too, friend! Never give up. :)
"Whilst I breathe, I hope."
"Why do people have to die?"
"I guess everyone has to find it on their own; a reason why it's okay to keep living, okay to be alive. But if you stay true to yourself and live your life boldly, someday you'll meet someone who will want to eat takoyaki with you more than with anyone else!"
— Tohru Honda, "Fruits Basket" Manga Series by Natsuki Takaya.
"My song is love
Your heavy heart
And I'm not gonna take it back
My song is love
And I'm not gonna take it back
And I'm not gonna stand and wait
My song is love
[Lyrics to the song "A Message", by Coldplay]
“...But someday...someone will come along who likes you. If you give up on life now, that person won‘t ever get to meet you. Don’t so something that cruel.”
— Tamaki Otoya, “Phantom Dream” Manga Series by Natsuki Takaya.
"Success is never final, failure never fatal; it is the courage to continue which counts."
— Winston Churchill
"Never smile when you're sad, never believe that you're worthless, never suffer in silence, and never say you're alone so long as I'm alive."
"There might be someone out there only *you* can help, only *you* can save. I know you don't believe me right now, but until you've been all round the world and talked to every single person in it, how d'you know? How d'you know for sure that person doesn't exist? Don't take the chance of letting them down."
— My dear friend, LG.
At age 8, your dad buys you an ice cream. You thanked him by dripping it all over his lap.
When you were 9 years old, he paid for piano lessons. You thanked him by never even bothering to practice.
When you were 10 years old he drove you all day, from soccer to football to one birthday party after another. You thanked him by jumping outof the car and never looking back.
When you were 11 years old, he took you and your friends to the movies. You thanked him by asking to sit in a different row.
When you were 12 years old, he warned you not to watch certain TV shows. You thanked him by waiting until he left the house.
When you were 13, he suggested a haircut that was in fashion. You thanked him by telling him he had no taste.
When you were 14, he paid for a month away at summer camp. You thanked him by forgetting to write a single letter.
When you were 15, he came home from work, looking for a hug. You thanked him by having your bedroom door locked.
When you were 16, he taught you how to drive his car. You thanked him by taking it every chance you could.
When you were 17, he was expecting an important call. You thanked him by being on the phone all night.
When you were 18, he cried at your high school graduation. You thanked him by staying out partying until dawn.
When you were 19, he paid for your college tuition, drove you to campus carried your bags. You thanked him by saying good-bye outside the dorm so you wouldn't be embarrassed in front of your friends.
When you were 25, he helped to pay for your wedding, and he told you how deeply he loved you. You thanked him by moving halfway across the country.
When you were 50, he fell ill and needed you to take care of him . You thanked him by reading about the burden parents become to their children.
And then, one day, he quietly died. And everything you never did came crashing down like thunder on your heart.
If you love your dad, post this on your profile.
(Whether you're reading this or not, dad, I love you.)
Feel like you are going crazy? Hopefully you don't relate to more than a few of these:
1. Michael Jackson's life seems normal to you
2. You think your pets are dancing when your back is turned
3. Spongebob Squarepants makes sense
4. You want to buy everything you see in commercials - /because/, dammit!
5. You say everything twice
6. You keep repeating yourself
7. You do everything more than once
8. You and reality have filed for divorce
9. Hypochondria is the only sickness you don't have
10. You slow when people pass you
11. You wish life had subtitles
12. Your life has subtitles, plus funky background music
13. You talk to/organise disastrous dates with wrong numbers
14. You notice that a boxing ring is square
15. The wall ran into you
16. You never sleep, but you're never tired
17. Your IQ test results were negative
18. You thinksupplies are plotting your untimely demise
19. You think everyone is plotting your untimely demise
20. You still use a landline
21. You don't not believe that the moon landing didn't ever not happen...wait, what?
22. You can hold your breath for five minutes
23. You actually believe that you held your breath for five minutes with out cheating
24. You wonder why trees never grow
25. Your life is a complicated drinking game
26. The presidential election was a bad dream
27. You know that 11 really equals 11
28. You are on more than one social network
29. You reply to your emails in pen
30. You know the words to every comparethemarket.com commercial
31. You're good at buying other people Christmas gifts
32. You are not interested enough to listen to yourself
33. If you walk on a puddle you can walk on water
34. You understand Jim Carrey
35. You wish you were the star of the Truman Show
36. You already knew that a Stop Sign says potS in your rearview mirror.
37. You crave MSG
38. You know exactly what is going on in Lost
39. Your wallpaper is made of post-it notes
40. You think your dog is laughing at you behind your back
41. You're not aware of too many things, but you know what you know if you know what I mean
42. You're glad the economy fell and dropped gas prices
44. "Stop global warming, start global freezing, turn the whole world into a giant icebox!" has been your mission in life since you were 8.
45. You realize that the world should go blue, not green
46. You want to be in a cop chase
47. You agreed with number 43
48. Your IQ test results were negative
49. You found the end of the rainbow
50. You play tic-tac-toe by yourself, and lose
51. You can lick your elbow
52. Gullible is written on the ceiling
53. You always have enough change for the bus
54. You would do anything for a Klondike bar.
55. You know Sam I Am by heart
56. Cooking is a waste of time
57. You wish Santa was real
58. When typing Santa you make a typo and spell Satan
59. You can beat every tongue twister
60. You want to work in an environment like "The Office"
61. You couldn't gain weight even if you wanted to
62. You want to be on Super Size Me
63. Corndogs should have their own food group
64. You go to college for no reason at all
65. You know how much wood a wood chuck could chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood
66. You wear flip flops in the cold
67. You can smell sneezes
68. You watch TV for the commercials
69. You can pass a lie detector test
70. You're too lazy to eat
71. You always know what day it is
72. You'reis to come up with one by next year
73. You think the Cookie Monster died when he ate vegetables, and are in perpetual mourning/will never eat vegetables again
74. The Caribou in Alaska are more important than our oil
75. Clean Coal is reality
76. You can rhyme words with orange
77. You get a head rush laying down
78. You get stuck at every red light
79. You know when the light will turn green
80. You can't wait for the 80's to come back in 2080
81. The light always turns green just as you make to cross the road. You know it's a conspiracy
82. The sun is too loud
83. You want to be a Jack-in-the-Box tester
84. Your favourite part of the holidays is the talking snowman
85. You wear sunglasses when you drive at night
86. You shout the word "YAWN" whenever you are yawning
87. You know Santa personally
88. Elmer Fudd caught the Easter Bunny
89. You reset your clock to 11:11 so you can make a wish
90. You think the intercom is God talking to you
91. You've seen everymovie, in one sitting
92. You have slept through an entire day, and didn't miss anything
93. The cuckoo clock broke, so you took over
94. You like to read words backwards - sdrawkcab sdrow daer ot ekil uoY
95. You're a pro at the Etch-a-Sketch
96. You believe this time you will win the lottery
97. You think cable wrestling is for real
98. You don't know how to use the internet, yet you are reading this
99. You know life is a beach and wrapped up in a sheet
100. You know that a car has five or six wheels - think about it
101. You wonder how this can be a list of 100 when this is 101
Re-post this on your profile if you're one of the few who know they're loopy and are proud of it. :)
Unsafe External Link