Author has written 6 stories for Mortal Instruments, and Demon's Lexicon.
I really love fanfiction and have been loving yaoi since I was ten years old.
Yeah, just imagine little ten year old me trying to convice the other children that two guys making out was the epitome of hot.
I'm still trying now...
As much as I love to couple random boys together, I seldom write non-canon, and recognise that some ladies need their man. A prime example of this is the Hunger Games. Yes, Finnick is agonizingly wonderful, but I would never ever try to pair him with another guy. I would not read fanfics about him and Annie, but I believe that she deserves someone like him. If he ever left her, I would have cried.
One time I got two straight guys to kiss by using a bon-bon as a bribe.
So boys, still maintain that you'll do anything for a chocolate bon-bon?
Changing the Equation: A story based around what could happen if Magnus left Alec to protect him, but something was very wrong with Alec. Something nobody saw happen. And now his mind has fallen into a dark swirl of uncertainty, but... what's wrong with Alec, and can they save him in time?
[Mortal Instruments] - Complete
Point of Intersection: Magnus is a part of Luke's army of Downworlders and wayward Shadowhunters. He has been asked to rob the home of the young Lightwood couple - Maryse and Robert - but there is a boy child. A baby. And he knew he shouldn't care, but he worried...
[Mortal Instruments] - Complete
Recurring Patterns: Eugene was cast out onto the streets with a chronic thirst only human blood can cure. He was fed Life Blood - a powerful vampire drug mixed in with human blood - and can't survive without killing. On the street and waiting for dawn, a sympathetic Alec Lightwood took him in. But... not everything stays on course. Alec is still sick, Eugene really can't help that he loves him. But he won't, because Alec loves Magnus, and that's all there is to it. He just wishes that there was more...
Notes: Linked to Changing the Equation
[Mortal Instruments] - Complete
Fractions: They live in a big house in a nice neighbourhood. Lots of little rooms. Mae and Sin stay at the Goblin Market for the most part, and Nick and Alan follow loyally. then there's Jamie, who keeps up with magicians. And Seb. Seb, who lives in the big house alone with Jamie. Who will be going to school with Jamie. Who loves Jamie. But who is Seb? Jamie watches as he sees who Seb is, and Seb holds his breath, hoping Jamie doesn't mind whoever he is. A series of linked one-shots.
[Demon's Lexicon] - In progress, actively
Calling all artists!
As you have probably seen, there is a new option to have covers for your fics.
So here's the deal; anyone who has read any of my fics - make me a cover. I am not an artist, and thus cannot do this on my own.
If you do so (and please be sure to check that the fic you wish to cover has not already got a cover), you will be rewarded in one of two ways. I will:
a. Take a suggestion for an OC. They will not feature as a main character (unless I literally fall in love with them), but will have lines/a viable part in a fic.
b. Suggest a reasonable idea for a fic, and I will write a one-shot and post it with a grand dedication (hmm, maybe you could make a cover for that one too. Then I would be in a cycle of one-shotting you...)*
Preferably no explicit content. Colour! I love colour! The title? Maybe a little 'By Miss Regina Star' at the bottom. Even include your name in the corner! It can be amazing font art or a pretty photoshop. Get creative. If you are interested or want ideas from me personally, I am very open to that.
If you decide to 'cover me', please PM me or drop it in review form (should anons not be able to PM me with a link or - if you so feel like it - an email address).
I would love for my fics to feel pretty.
I will take one-shots for things other than the Mortal Instruments. Glee, Merlin, Demon's Lexicon, Death Note, Ouran High, Hunger Games, Brideshead Revisited (oh Lord, I would love if someone asked for that!), Teen Wolf and Harry Potter are all very viable. Don't be afraid to ask for other categories either; I know a lot of ships! Please no het or fem slash above K. I have no experience in writing those.
As of now, ALL fics are available for covering.
Feel free to follow me on Tumblr. I am not really doing all that much yet, but if I actually get some followers, I was thinking of posting some fanfics there, and maybe actually reblogging and contributing some things of my own. So, if you should so feel inclined, follow me at darlingtonunicorn.tumblr.com/
Copy this to your profile is if you swear that you are up to no good.
50 Things I’m Not Allowed To Do At Hogwarts:
1) The Giant Squid is not an appropriate date to the Yule Ball.
2) I am not allowed to sing, "We're Off to See the Wizard" while skipping off to the Headmaster's office.
3) I am not allowed to take out a life insurance policy on Harry Potter.
4) I am not allowed to ask Dumbledore to show me the pointy hat trick.
5) I am not allowed to give Remus Lupin a flea collar.
6) I am not allowed to bring a Magic 8 Ball to Divination.
7) I am not allowed to say that Seamus Finnegan is "after me lucky charms."
8) I am not allowed to start a betting pool on this year’s Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. It's taste-less, tacky, and not a good money-making strategy.
9) I am not allowed to joke about Remus' "time of the month."
10) I am not allowed to make light saber sounds with my wand.
12) I am not to refer to the Accio charm as "The Force."
13) I am not allowed to claim that growing hallucinogenic mushrooms is "Extra Herbology Work."
14) I will not use my socks to make hand-puppets of the Slytherin-House mascot.
15) If the thought of a spell makes me giggle for more than 15 seconds, assume that I am not allowed to use it.
16) I will not lock the Slytherins and Gryffindors in a room together and bet on which House will come out alive.
17) I will not charm the suits of armor to do a rendition of "The Knights of the Round Table" for the Christmas Feast.
18) I am not allowed to declare an official "Hug A Slytherin Day." (Even though it is totally a good idea)
19) I am not allowed to sing my own personal spy music while wandering the hallways.
20) It is not necessary to yell, "BURN!" Whenever Snape takes points away from Gryffindor.
21) I will not say the phrase, "Get a Life" to Voldemort.
22) First years are not to be fed to Fluffy.
23) I will never ask Harry if his Voldie senses are tingling.
24) I will stop referring to showering as "Giving Moaning-Myrtle an eye-full."
25) I will not make, "OMGWTH" a spell.
26) It is not necessary to yell, "BAM" every time I Apparate.
27) I will not steal Gryffindor's sword from Dumbledore's office and use it to patrol the hallways.
28) I will not poke Hufflepuffs with spoons, nor shall I insist that their color's indicate that they're "covered in bees."
29) "I've heard every joke possible about Oliver Wood's name" is not a challenge.
30) I will not go to class sky-clad.
31) I will not use Umbridge's quill to write, "Told you I was Hard Core."
32) If a class-mate falls asleep, I will not take advantage of that and draw a Dark Mark on their arm.
33) House Elves are not acceptable replacements for Bludgers.
34) I will not start every potion's class by asking Snape if the potion is acceptable as Body Lotion.
35) I will not call the Weasley twins, "bookends."
36) I will not call the Patil twins, "bookends."
37) I will not call the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher Kenny, even if he is wearing an orange anorak.
38) I will not give Luna Lovegood Coast-To-Coast AM transcripts.
39) Tricking a school House Elf to strip of it's clothing does not make it mine. Yes, even when I yell out "PWND!"
40) I do not weigh the same as a Duck.
41) I do not have a Dalek Patronus.
42) I will not lick Trevor.
43) Gryffindor Courage does not come in bottles labeled, "Firewhiskey."
44) I will not dress up as Voldemort on Halloween.
45) It is a bad idea to tell Snape he takes himself too seriously.
46) I will not tell Sir Cadogan that The Knight's Who Say Ni have challenged him to a duel, then have all the students say, 'Ni' from various directions.
47) I am not the King of the Potato People and I do not have a flying carpet.
48) "To conquer the Earth with an army of flying monkeys" is not an acceptable career choice.
49) I will not tell the first years that Professor Snape is the Voice of God.
50) But yes, I will do it all anyway.