Author has written 13 stories for Monochrome Factor, and Yami no Matsuei.
Hey there! I'm Elyse, known as EmeraldandAmethyst here on Fanfiction.net, but you can call me whatever you would like. I've only been writing fan fiction for two years now, so my grammar and formatting could be a bit off or used incorrectly. I'm always hoping to make progress and better improve my writing, which is why I hope you'll enjoy what I've written thus far.
[Link to the artist who drew my profile picture:]
How about a few little fun and pointless facts to take up some space?
1. My most common nicknames: El, 'Soka, Merry, Kirk, and The Queen of Shota. You're welcome to call me any of those if you want to, or you could even make up your own nickname for me. I seem to love nicknames much more than I should and I find them really endearing.
2. My current favorite pairings at the moment: Kou x Haruka (Monochrome Factor), Thorin x Bilbo (The Hobbit), Merry x Pippin (Lord of the Rings), Eren x Armin (Attack on Titan), Haruka x Michiru (Sailor Moon), Dorothy x Charlie (Supernatural), Dean x Castiel (Supernatural), and McCoy x Chekov (Star Trek).
3. People I'm obsessing over and greatly admire: Katherine Moenning (actress from The L Word), Cry (the gamer who is also known as ChaoticMonki), Katsuyuki Konishi (a Japanese seiyuu), Mitsuki Saiga (also a Japanese seiyuu), Benedict Cumberbatch (actor from the BBC Sherlock television series), and Misha Collins (stars as Castiel in the Supernatural television series).
4. The Tsuzuki x Hisoka pairing from Yami no Matsuei is what my username is based on. I named it after Tsuzuki's purple eyes and Hisoka's green eyes to create "EmeraldandAmethyst".
5. I love Yaoi (boy x boy) and Yuri (girl x girl) relationships. That applies to Slash and Femslash, too. I just enjoy shipping, in general. I find all kinds of love beautiful and great, no matter who it's between.
6. Adding to the Yaoi and Yuri, I wholeheartedly believe that love is love and it doesn't matter who you find it in. Whether that be a guy, a girl, or anyone else. As long as the two people love each other and it's completely consensual, I think it's fine for them to be together. I don't claim to be supportive of incest or intimate relationships with minors, but I do choose to keep my nose out of other people's business. If someone's love life doesn't affect me and what they're doing isn't hurting anyone or illegal, I think it's okay. That's how I feel and I say that about any person who does something that others tend to question or find bizarre. How I feel about love being love and consent being the most important thing is one reason why I'm fond of the Shota genre of Boys' Love (a young adult man with a young pre-teen or teenage boy). I absolutely know the difference between fiction and reality, which is why I have no issue with Shota. Maybe I do sometimes (when it goes too far for what I consider okay), but I generally don't get disturbed by it because it's fictional and I know what I'm looking at is fictional. It's not hurting anyone and it does not mean that I literally support adult men engaging in relationships with young boys. I view it as a work of art and, honestly, most of the time it's just fluff for me. I don't read about Shota that includes sex and I just find myself liking pairings that technically fall under the Shota genre. One of my absolute favorite couples is a Shota pairing and I don't feel bad for enjoying it. I simply adore all of the fluff between them and the cute things they do. This got a lot longer than I intended, but I can't stress the issue enough and I feel the need to explain. Any how, I couldn't care less about age gaps and it's all about it being consensual with the fictional couples I like. If that's there and the feelings are reciprocated by both people, then I see no issue with them being together. Shipping fictional characters together is supposed to be fun and make you have giggling fits over your favorite couples, so, as long as you know it's fictional and aren't hurting people, ship whatever you please.
7. I'm a feminist. I'm a feminist and that does not mean I'm one of those stereotypical "feminists" who say, "You shave your legs, wear make-up, and you're a married woman, so you can't be a feminist! Don't let a man define you, they're pigs! Men are horrible!" That's not what feminism is about in any way and that's not what an actual feminist believes. It truly angers me what a misconception people have of feminism and feminists, all because of some rotten people who give us a bad image. A feminist is someone who thinks women should have the same rights and opportunities as men. They think that women should be able to make their own choices in life and that individuals should be judged beyond whether they have a penis or not. It doesn't matter what a woman chooses to do with her body or her life choices, she can still be a feminist, just as long as she believes those things. There is no set rules to be a feminist or support feminism and I think we need feminism for so many reasons.
8. Tumblr has pretty much taken over my life, so I'm going to do some shameless self-promoting for my blog there. In case anyone is interested and would like the best way to get in touch with me, here's the link: http://kouandharukafan.tumblr.com/
Some final, self-asked questions for entertainment:
These are just a few little amusing questions I came up with to ask myself. I don't think anyone else would ask me these, so why not ask myself? It's also to allow myself a chance to rant a bit more and express my opinions, which is something I think people should do often. It also gives you some insight on me, so that's neat.
1. Should there be more Kou x Haruka (Monochrome Factor) fanfics?
YES. There isn't enough Kou x Haruka love out there! One of my goals for 2012 was to fill Fanfiction.Net with Kouka (their ship name) stories and I think I did pretty well. I continued that goal for 2013 and it's still a plan of mine for 2014, so be warned. Beware of all the fluff and many scenarios that I'll shove Kou and Haruka into.
2. Do you think Tsuzuki and Hisoka (Yami no Matsuei) should have gotten together by now?
Definitely, absolutely. It's already been twelve volumes and they still aren't a couple yet. Of course, I highly doubt Tsuzuki x Hisoka will ever became officially canon, but you know. Say what you want about their relationship being brotherly love or a father-son type of deal, but I view their connection deeper than that. Hisoka's said that Tsuzuki is part of his family and he is, it's very sweet. Whether you ship Tsuzuki x Hisoka or not, they do love each other. It doesn't have to be romantically, if you don't want to see it that way, however they certainly love each other in the sense of needing to be together. They can't imagine not having the other person around and they can't do without them. I see their love like that and I also see it on a romantic level. At the very least, I would like to see some more sweet moments between them in the manga to satisfy my Tsusoka needs. Thank God that the manga is finally off hiatus and maybe there's hope for that.
3. Should Kaito Shion and Len Kagamine from Vocaloid have more pairing songs about them?
I would truly love it if there were more Banana Ice/Banana Split/whatever the heck you call it songs. Frankly, there's way too many pairing songs with Rin x Len and I'm really tired of it being shoved in my face. I know that practically every fan of Vocaloid ships the Kagamine twins, but, for us who don't, it can get a bit annoying to see it everywhere when we want to see more variety among the pairings. I wish there could be some songs without Rin and Len as a couple and just have them as siblings who care for each other. I love seeing that and I adore their relationship as brother and sister. I hold nothing against the Rin x Len fans, despite how it may seem, but I don't like the twins as a couple. I can't see them being together romantically and choose to admire their relationship as siblings instead. This turned into a rant about Rin and Len, but yeah, I can't get enough of KaiLen as it is and hope maybe they'll get more songs eventually.
4. In your opinion, do Hikaru and Kaoru (Ouran High School Host Club) actually love each other on more than a sibling level?
I believe that's very possible and this is a question that I've thought about for a long time. Even though Hikaru does love Haruhi, if you read all the volumes of the manga--well, I actually shouldn't say anything in case people are still reading it. But, basically, I love the Hikaru x Kaoru pairing and I don't think that will ever change. I believe that Hikaru is in love with both Kaoru and Haruhi. Regardless of them not officially getting together at the end of the series, that doesn't mean I can't have fun imagining what happens after everything ended. I've always believed that Kaoru really is in love with his brother and sometimes, if I want to put myself in pain and toy with my own emotions, I imagine it's a one-sided love. Kaoru knew that Hikaru developed feelings for Haruhi and he didn't want to hold Hikaru back, so he let him go. All Kaoru wants is for his brother to be happy and it's the most beautiful thing that makes me want to cry. Everyone can like whatever pairing they want to in OHSHC and I don't think anyone should get so uptight and immediately deny that Hikaru and Kaoru could ever hold feelings for each other because it's not proven to be untrue. I love them together, either way.
5. Another Kou x Haruka question (because I'm so obsessed with the ship right now): Do you think Kou and Haruka should have kissed in the anime? Not even a kiss on the lips, but something as small as a forehead or cheek kiss. What would you do if they kissed or actually became canon?
You wouldn't even imagine how much I would have died of happiness if any kissing had happened. In fact, I had a dream about Kou and Haruka kissing some months ago. The thing that was awesome, and sucked, was that my dream had them animated exactly like they are in the anime. It looked real and, while the dream was happening, I was sort of like, "Oh, my god! Kou and Haruka kissed?! SWEET LORD HAVE MERCY! How the hell did I miss this?? I must go back and find the episode where it happened!" Then, I woke up and was horribly upset. They're just so adorable with each other and Kou clearly cares for Haruka. I love their relationship and connection. I also think there should have been more Kou x Haruka moments and less Aya x Kou. I honestly don't see Aya and Kou working as a couple at all and it felt forced at times. Just to get in some comedy, they had Kou flirt with Aya or act perverted toward her. I'm aware that Haruka's an anime-only character and Aya's been friends with Kou longer, but I still don't see them as an item. I've always viewed it as comic relief when Kou harasses her and Aya really doesn't show any hint at all of having feelings for Kou, as far as I can tell. She rejects him every single time and I don't believe Kou's actually interested in being romantically involved with her. While in Haruka's case, Kou was really sweet when speaking to him and enjoyed spending time with the boy. Their relationship was played off more as a brotherly love in the end, but it's too late for me and I can't turn back from shipping them. Kou and Haruka might not have had many fluffy moments, but I still love them completely and will forever ship them. I'm taking this ship to the grave, baby.
Well, that's all I have to say about myself to give you a little info on the stuff I like and that I'm into. Thanks for putting up with the times I began rambling. I hope you enjoy my stories and I look forward to continue writing new ones. Bye bye!
Unsafe External Link