Poll: Do you like to read long books or short books? Vote Now!
Author has written 7 stories for 39 Clues, and Maximum Ride.
Update as of 9/17: Hey. So, I have been VERY busy with school and swim practice and such, so I have not been on FanFiction all that much. I have been reading FanFics, but I have not been reviewing them because it takes five times more time to review than it does reading. Meh. I'll get on it soon... Hopefully.
If you bug me enough maybe I'll do it just for you. :D
Update as of 7/18: Oh. My. Gosh. I already passed my one year anniversary!! Yay!! I feel old. I seriously thought it was later... Oh well. XD Happy one year anniversary to me!
The name's PurpleTea88, but you can call me PT. Or Purple. Or PT88. Anything works, really, as long as it's not something totally out of the blue, like Greenie McRainbow Pants.
I'm kind of crazy. I try to be funny, but really, I'm not. XD I like to overuse exclamation points and ellipsis... I also use smiley faces a lot in my reviews, PM's, and, well, all the time, really. I'm pretty sure that I use commas too much, but I'm never really sure... I also tend to run on and on with my sentences, so beware. :D
(I feel like my profile is a total fail in comparison to others, so this is me trying to step up my game.)
I enjoy reading good stories (as in, stories with good plots and awesome spelling and grammar) and giving said stories long reviews. In fact, that's pretty much what I'm known for. I'm more of a reader than a writer, you see... but I am a beta reader. I'll try and do my best with your chapter, but it may take a while, unless you slap me around a bit. :)
I'm probably best known in the 39 Clues fandom for my forum activities and in the Maximum Ride fandom for my reviews. :)
My favorite color is green. I LOVE Florence The Machine and I'm a total trend-head (read: preppy). Don't blame me. I listen to the charts. (Hey, you, in the back there! I saw you cringe.) Yeah, they have pretty decent stuff... excluding Justin Bieber... XD
I have a weakness for books with hot guys in them. Especially when there is romance involving the hot guys and girls... It would be a shame if there wasn't one.
But all in all, I like books that are most definitely fiction with just a splash of romance. And hot guys (with accents - preferably British. Or French.) XD
Favorite artists/bands: Paramore, Florence The Machine, All Time Low, You Me At Six, Muse, Maroon 5, Lana Del Ray, Sucre, Phoenix, Two Door Cinema Club, Vampire Weekend, Marina and the Diamonds, The Strokes, Death Cab for Cutie, Neon Trees, Fun., Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeroes, Foster the People, Young the Giant, Coldplay, Hey Monday, Panic! At The Disco, Flyleaf, The Killers, Boys Like Girls, Evanescence, The Maine, The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Ellie Goulding, Drake, Honor Society, Taylor Swift, Rachel Platten, and more...
The Hottest Guy Fictional Characters in Books
1. Fang from Maximum Ride
2. Jace from the Mortal Instruments
3. Finnick from Catching Fire and Mockingjay
4. Ky from Matched
5. Hale from Heist Society
6. Daniel from Fallen
7. Cam from Fallen
8. Wes from The Truth About Forever
9. Étienne St. Clair from Anna and the French Kiss
10. John Hayden from Abandon
11. Ian O'Shea from The Host
12. Conrad Fisher from The Summer I Turned Pretty
13. Patch Cipriano from Hush, Hush
Note: Loren Blake and Erik Night both would've been on here, but they the former turned out to be a using jerk, and the latter turned out to be a possessive boyfriend and spiteful jerk. Curse their hotness!!!!!
Fang. Tall, dark, and handsome. Totally wish he was real and Max wasn't. XD And that he was my age. Yes, I am in love with a fictional character... but can you blame me? The kid has ABS. ;)
I LOVE receiving PMs, but I like, never reply to them. Don't be disappointed by this because I will get around to replying in a couple weeks, or so.
By the way, I am one of those people who say 'like' all the time online, so, yeah... :O
I'm a Gemini, so I'm bound to be: a chatterbox, superficial, a subject-changer, bipolar, intelligent... and I guess most of that is true. Huh.
PT: An Original Acrostic Poem
Pretty cool kid with high expectations
Talks a bunch, almost like Nudge.
ZOMG - (used especially on electronic message boards as a sarcastic comment on an inexperienced or overenthusiastic poster) oh my God!: ZOMG! ! I finally managed to reformat the file; the airport was hot and big, but there was really nothing that made me stop and think ZOMG FOREIGN COUNTRY
Haha, ZOMG has been added to the Oxford Dictionary Online... Cuh-raaazzyyyy...
Visit me on:
The Longest Review I Have Ever Written (FanFiction cut me off at the end... I have no idea why since I didn't go over ten-thousand characters) For Ambiguity by EpitomeOfCool
Believe me when I tell you this, I screamed a hushed scream of horror when I saw the chapter title in the email alert. I cannot believe that it is over.
The rest of this is just my favorite stories on FFN (I know those of you out there are going to check it to see if your story is on there.), my want-to-read books, and my favorite books.
So, this is where it comes to an end. If you've stuck with me this long, congratulations! You win one million Rainbow dollars, redeemable in any PT store. I hope you've enjoyed it... but seriously, I need help: if you have ANYTHING that you want me to add on here (besides my personal info, you stalkers) or change, please let me know in a PM. I want my bio to be the best it can be.
Oh, wow. I sound like I want a product review or something, which, in truth, I do. XD
Favorite smiley: XD
My Favorite Stories on FFN
Ambiguity by EpitomeOfCool. This is, quite possibly, the BEST story in the MR fandom. EOC has amazing spelling, grammar, and word choice. Her chapters are the perfect length and combination between excerpts from Ambiguity - a book made exclusively for this story - and the story itself. It has Fax and family drama... It's every reader's dream.
The Hostile Encounters by Vamps-with-Wings. One of the better stories about Max fighting for a living. This is another amazing story with great spelling and grammar. Her word choice is, too, amazing, but her use of figurative language is impeccable. The plot is well-thought and filled with various twists and turns, keeping you at the edge of your seat. There is a marvelous duo of romance and suspense... but everything Vamps writes is awesome, so check it out. :)
To Live by Pinkie.Cat (formerly PinkCatHeaven). The best story with Max and Fang as actors. I love the switching in between To Live - the show - and the real world. Great spelling and grammar. This is definitely a story worth checking out, especially if you like Fax and drama. Unfortunately, Lissa and Dylan are in it... but perhaps not in the way you would think. :)
Welcoming the Heartache by maximumrain3. Tons of Fax. One of THE Faxiest stories ever. For Fax readers. Along with perfect spelling and grammar, the reader gets tons of dirty jokes and sob scenes... It's the best of everything you could ever want. You have to check it out... It's freaking amazing. There's a bunch of twists in this story, as there should be. Plus, there's a jealous Fang... Who would resist reading that? ;D
Should've Done That Earlier by Xx-Twitch-xX. Fang not being noticed by Max? What is this madness? The sad part is that they've been in the same classes since kindergarten. And their lockers are right next to each other. :O But will they meet in the end? FAX, assured. I loved this because it was written in the second person and that there is not one mistake to be found throughout the whole thing. It was adorably sweet in the end. :)
Fallen December by silentsky93. The most depressing story in the MR fandom. Max is a schizophrenic and sees things that are not really there, i.e. Fang, the Flock, and the School. This made me cry... It's not as good in the beginning, but just keep reading until the end.
More to be added when I'm not feeling lazy. :)
1. Seriously...I'm Kidding by Ellen Degeneres
2. Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick
3. Witch and Wizard: The Fire by James Patterson
4. Ruthless by Sara Shepard
5. Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
Recommend me a book through a PM! I'm always willing to read... besides, we all have the same taste in books here. :D
My Top One-Hundred Favorite Books (In no particular order.)
1. The Angel Experiment by James Patterson
2. Schools' Out - Forever by James Patterson
3. Saving The World And Other Extreme Sports by James Patterson
4. The Final Warning by James Patterson
5. MAX by James Patterson
6. FANG by James Patterson
7. ANGEL by James Patterson
8. Witch and Wizard by James Patterson and Gabrielle Charbonnet
9. The Gift by James Patterson and Gabrielle Charbonnet
10. The Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan
11. The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
12. Matched by Ally Condie (Ky/Cassia!!! Love Ky so much...;D)
13. The Princess Diaries series by Meg Cabot
14. Heist Society by Ally Carter
15. Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
16. The PJO series by Rick Riordan
17. The Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan
18. The 39 Clues series, started by Rick Riordan, but also written by: Jude Watson, Peter Lerangis, Gordon Korman, Margaret Peterson Haddix, and others..
19. The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series by Michael Scott
20. The Clique series by Lisi Harrison
21. The Alphas series by Lisi Harrison
22. Fairest by Gail Carson Levine
23. Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
24. The Chicks With Sticks series by Elizabeth... something. XD
25. The Secret series by Pseudonymous Bosch
26. The Underland Chronicles by Suzanne Collins
27. The Sisters Grimm series by Michael Buckley
28. The Septimus Heap series by ...someone. XD
29. The Sammy Keyes series by Wendelin van Draanen
30. The Airhead series by Meg Cabot
31. Peaches by Jodi Lynne Anderson
32. How To Be Popular by Meg Cabot
33. Jinx by Meg Cabot
34. Inkheart by Cornelia Funke
35. The Nancy Drew series by Carolyn Keene
36. Everlost by Neal Shusterman
37. Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
38. The Old Willis Place by Mary Downing Hahn
39. The Bones of Faerie by ...someone.
40. The Nancy Drew series by Carolyn Keene
41. Fallen by Lauren Kate (*sigh* Cam is soo hot... Cam/Luce forevss!!)
42. The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen (Wes is soooo hot... Especially when he jogs past Kristy's house shirtless. ;D)
43. Just Listen by Sarah Dessen
44. Kiki Strike: Inside the Shadow City by Kirsten Miller
45. The Eternal Ones by Kirsten Miller
46. Everwild by Neal Shusterman
47. Everfound by Neal Shusterman
48. Torment by Lauren Kate
49. New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
50. Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer
51. Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer
52. The Second Short Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer
53. Kiki Strike: The Empress's Tomb by Kirsten Miller
54. The Secrets of Peaches by Jodi Lynne Anderson
55. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
56. The Vampire Kisses series by Ellen Schreiber
57. Teenage Mermaid by Ellen Schreiber
58. The Pretty Little Liars series by Sara Shepard
59. The Lying Game by Sara Shepard
60. Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins
61. Peak by Roland Smith
62. I,Q: Independence Hall by Roland Smith
63. I,Q: White House by Roland Smith
64. The Camp Confidential series by someone...
65. The Ranger's Apprentice series by Joseph Flanagan
66. The Last Apprentice series by Joseph Delany
67. Avalon High by Meg Cabot
68. The Abby Hayes series by someone...
69. The Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket
70. Coraline by Neil Gaiman
71. The Espressologist by Kristina Springer
72. Stepping on the Cracks by Mary Downing Hahn
72. Closed for Season by Mary Downing Hahn
73. I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter
74. Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy by Ally Carter
75. Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover by Ally Carter
76. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
77. The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare (Oh Jace... *dreamy sigh* My favorite character was definitely Isabelle, though. She was so fun!)
78. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
79. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
80. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins (WHYYYYYYYYYYY, Finnick?? Why did you have to dieeee??????? I was very disappointed with the ending.)
81. Only the Good Spy Young by Ally Carter
82. I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore
83. Twilight: The Official Illustrated Guide by Stephenie Meyer
84. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins (Holy kgshgahdgashDGHD!! Romance in Paris... A totally dream guy WITH an English accent... Boarding school... What more could you want? ;D)
85. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
86. Beastly by Alex Flinn
87. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series by Ann Brashares
88. Girl at Sea by Maureen Johnson (Absolutely adored this book!!! It's amazing. You HAVE to read it. It's a fun romance with a little bit of adventure mixed in... I was on vacation when I read this, late at night, and I just HAD to finish it, so I finished it in the hotel room's bathroom at midnight. XD)
89. Suite Scarlett by Maureen Johnson (Another fun romance that doesn't turn out well... but Ms. Johnson makes up for it with all the craziness that goes along with it.)
90: Scarlett Fever by Maureen Johnson (A romance... but a new love interest is introduced, along with the old one who is hardly mentioned. Again with the craziness.)
91. The Host by Stephenie Meyer
92. Cloaked by Alex Flinn
93. Abandon by Meg Cabot
94. The House of Night series by P.C. Cast Kristin Cast (Zoey has been with, like, five guys throughout the whole series already. Slutty... and Erik?? He became such a jerk!! I got so mad...)
95. The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han (Perfect little romance set by the beach... So sweet.)
96. It's Not Summer Without You by Jenny Han (Oh, my God. I wanted to kill this book. Nooooooo, Belly can't be with Jeremiah!!!!)
97. We'll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han (And ohmygod, Belly and Jeremiah almost got married. That seriously scared me. I wanted to run up to Belly and shake her yelling, "Are you crazy???? You're eighteen and you're getting married?!?!" Spoiler: But it has a happy ending for all you Conrad lovers. :))
98. 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson (Love. It. Soooooo good!! A great adventure with just a smidge of romance. You can totally relate to Ginny.)
99. The Last Little Blue Envelope by Maureen Johnson (The sequel to the aforementioned book. Again, SO. GOOD. With another love interest who I, presonally, like better than the other.)
100. Uncommon Criminals by Ally Carter
102. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
103. Gimme A Call by Sarah Mlynowski
104. Crossed by Ally Condie
105. The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson
106. Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick (Patch never failed to make me laugh with his sexual innuendos and overall sexiness. ;D)
107. The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan
108. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
109. Looking for Alaska by John Green
You Know You're a Book Addict If:
You can randomly open to a page and know exactly what's going on.
Read the book until 4 A.M., then get back up at 7 to continue reading.
You write fanfictions about the book.
You try to get all of your friends (and everyone else) to read your favorite books.
Everything reminds you of the book.
You quote random lines all the time.
You try to do things that the characters do, even though you know you can't.
You've read a book more than five times.
You've read a book with 400 pages in less than two days.
You've planned and prepared a siege on a writer's house because he/she killed a character you like.
You've plotted to murder a character and steal her boyfriend.
You hate it when someone calls your favorite character fictional.
You blatantly deny it when someone calls a character fictional.