This ZAMN is 22 years of age, male and a fan of Ranma... save for Dark fics, Self inserts and category "insane" humor this Konril will read near anything with Ranma involved as long as its written coherently.
Things this ZAMN has yet to see in fanfiction:
1) Wuxia Ranma or a Ranma with wuxia type abilities. It would most certainly make for an interesting fic should someone decide to do it.
2) A good Guilty Gear and Ranma crossover. So much potential, yet these are mostly wasted on crack fics not worth mentioning.
3) A Ranma/X-men evolution crossover using this premise (not exact words, but similar would suffice):
Rogue staggered, memories, abilities and thoughts once again being crammed into her being. The experience had always been disconcerting, but this time... this time it was just short of ecstatic. She'd never felt so alive - so confident- in being who and what she was. Moreover it was the muscle memory that had suddenly written itself into her body. She felt invincible, as though nothing and no one could touch her.
"Rogue are you alright?"
She stared into the concerned face of her friend, Jean, and for a moment wondered exactly how to put such a feeling into words. Were there even words to describe the way she felt? She doubted it. It didn't stop her from trying anyway.
"I know kung fu."
And then she saw him, smirking, and looking no worse than the moment she'd touched him. For a moment, just a moment, she resisted as the same exact expression crossed her face.
"Show me, " Ranma responded.
(If ever a movie line could work within a fanfic, this was it.)
4) A good Love Hina/Ranma crossover which doesn't pair Ranma up with an Aoyama.
5) A good Ranma fanfic where Ranma actually has friends (utterly platonic friends) of the male persuasion, who are constant in the actual story and not there for just a few chapters only to disappear.
RANMA PLOTLINES OF CLICHE-NESS:
1. Ranma cures curse
2. Ranma splits the curse
3. Ranma gets locked
4. Ranma gets (almost) sexually assaulted
5. Ranma frees himself through the curse
6. Ranma leaves family
7. Ranma gets adopted by new family
8. Ranma becomes ronin
9. Ranma becomes victim of magical (and or otherwise) artifact (which is usually responsible for plotlines 1,2,3,5,14,15)
10. Ranma is a reincanation
11. Ranma's curse is a reincanation
12. Ranma is an extratrrestrial
13. Ranma is related to an extraterrestrial
14. Ranma gets sent to a new world
15. Ranma wakes up in bed, naked, with a beautiful woman/women
16. Ranma abandons all morals and values
17. Ranma gets educated
18. Ranma's life is completely under someone else's control
19. Ranma breaks away from said control (mainly through plotlines 6-8)
20. Akane cheats on Ranma
21. Ranma goes berserk
22. Ranma cures nekoken
23. Ranma breaks away from his father (sometimes related to plotline 18)
24. Ranma meets OC (who sometimes causes plotlines 1,2,3,6,7,8,19)
25. Ranma pairs up (sometimes engaged for this to occur) with OC
26. Ranma has casual sex
27. Ranma gets a harem
28. Ryouga turns evil
29. Ranma' s enemies form the "I Hate Ranma Club"
30. Ranma falls into a new spring at Jusenkyo
31. Ranma gets pregnant
32. Ranma falls for a guy
33. Akane is the one true fiancee
34. Ukyo falls into the friend zone of no escape
35. Shampoo falls into the friend zone
36. Trechery, artifacts, techniques or otherwise done by fiancees backfires and cause even more problems
37. Ranma gets a girl pregnant
38. Ranma (sometimes loses ki to do so) gains magic
39. Saffron's defeat had far reaching consequences
40. Ranma meets someone from the future
41. Ranma gets his ass handed to him on a silver platter (may or may not be an OC)
42. Fiancee gets to make a wish
43. Ranma loses his family
44. Ryouga gets lost...
45. Ranma gets amnesia
46. Ranma gets startling news that changes his life forever
47. Ranma is not Genma's son
48. Ranma is an adopted/kidnapped child
49. Ranma is taken over by the nekoken
50. Fathers try to pair Ranma and Akane up and plan backfires
51. Happosai tries to take revenge on Ranma via demon summoning (capable of both success and backfiring)
52. (Most recently) Ranma becomes a police officer
53. Ranma leaves Akane on good terms
54. Ranma leaves Akane on bad terms
55. Ranma leaves Akane on horrendous terms
56. Akane dies
57. Ranma becomes the epitome of "Soul of Ice"
58. Ranma is capable of bringing in vast wealth
59. Ranma becomes a pervert
60. Ranma becomes a supernatural entity (werecreature, wizard etc.)
61. Respective fiancee gets kidnapped/hurt/killed
62. Ranma goes out for revenge
63. Ranma gets depressed
64. Akane misunderstands a situation (induces a multitude of plotlines that I'm too lazy to list at this time)
65. Ranma leaves Nerima and comes back with a kid/s
67. Ranma reaches godlike status
68. Ranma/Ryouga encounter the wonders of modern day technology
69. Ranma is a genius in diguise
70. Ranma has gynophobia- fear of women
71. Ranma has genophobia- fear of sex
72. Ranma has philophobia- fear of love/intimacy
73. Ranma has gained above fears through Akane and/or the other fiancees
74. Ranma is every woman's fantasy
75. Everyone hates Genma
76. Nodoka is part of a government organization
77. Nodoka has no intention of going through with the seppuku contract
78. Ranma has an evil entity growing inside him
79. Genma is an uncaring/evil bastard
80. Ranma becomes the grandmaster of his school
81. Happosai helps Ranma
82. Ranma is killed/weakened by Akane's cooking
83. Ranma is forced/tricked/prodded (by katana point most likely) into marrying/being with a harem
84. Ranma is driven insane
85. Ranma becomes evil
86. Ranma has multiple personalities
87. Ranma is a fallen or otherwise deity
89. Ranma is not a martial artist
90. Ryouga becomes Ranma's only friend
91. Ranma is/becomes a vampire
92. Ranma loosens up
93. "Ranma this is NOT your fault!"
95. Ranma meets yet another fiancee
96. Kodachi discovers Ranma's curse-
97. -and finds that it makes him even more appealing
98. Tatewaki discovers Ranma's curse
99. Tatewaki gains sanity
100. Kodachi gains sanity
101. Ryouga takes Ranma's place
102. Akane discovers who P-chan really is
103. Ranma gets to make a wish-
104. -and thoroughly screws it up
105. Ranko is Ranma's sister
106. Ranma time/dimension travels
107. Herb is an evil bastard
108. Herb wants a re-match
109. Ranma and Herb are friends
110. Tatewaki casts a spell on Ranma
111. Ukyo is registered as a boy
112. Ranma's sex drive is nonexistent (magical means or otherwise)
113. All Ranma's problems get solved -
114. - by a deity
115. - by a Mary Sue
116. - by ... whatever the male version of Mary Sue is...
117. Nodoka gets replaced (personality wise or with another woman)
115. Genma engages Ranma to other women
116. Nodoka is skilled with a sword
117. Ranma doesn't grow up with Genma
118 Ranma is a massive chaos magnet (either godlike or otherwise).
These are the many plotlines that I have seen used in three to five different stories, and most of the Ranma fanfiction upon this and other sites use one or several of these plotlines in a single fic. Yet many of these authors get reviews in the hundreds despite using overdone story plots. This just goes to show that it is how a story is written rather than the originality of the plot in question.
Unsafe External Link